New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Journeys on the TARDIS 3: It Really Is Bigger on the Inside (Game Thread)

Journeys on the TARDIS 3: It Really Is Bigger On The Inside

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

The Good Guys
    Spoiler
    Show

The Doctor (Day Baner)
    The Doctor, being a Time Lord and all, has picked up a number of tricks during his journeys across the whole of time and space. The Doctor is also especially good at running away - a skill that he tends to pass onto those he's around, as danger tends to follow his every step. During the Day Phase, the Doctor can cause everyone to stop the lynch and keep someone from the hands of the mob.

Cpt. Jack Harkness (Seer)
    The man that cannot die, Jack is the leader of Torchwood, an organization dedicated to keeping humanity safe from alien threats. Each night, he may go out hunting for the infamous Master and his lackeys. By PMing the narrators a target, He can check to see if they're working with the Angels, and if they are, their allegiance is revealed, but not their role.

Mickey (Fool)
    One of the Doctor's compatriots, Mickey has been through alternate universes, back again, fought off cybermen, and done a number of other deeds as he played sidekick to the Doctor. However, he's not as adept at the whole "soldier" thing as his alternate is, so when he attempts to save the day, he often messes up. The player here is told that he is Capt. Jack, but all scrying attempts come back with a random role.

The Officers (Masons)
    Members of the crew that have known each other since they first enlisted. The Officers know each other and are sure of each other's identities.

River Song (Night Baner)
    River Song and the Doctor have some history together, but the timeline is out of synch for the two of them - every time they meet, it's always the wrong version of the Doctor. Still, that doesn't stop the two of them from meeting up at every possible opportunity. Each night, River Song may select a single person to tail and keep guard of, protecting them from getting killed.

Crewmen (Villagers)
    Stranded in the ruins, these poor souls try to survive as they're hunted down by the terrible beings they unleashed by accident. They have no special skills, and are looking to the Doctor to save them.

The Bad Guys
    Spoiler
    Show

The Guardian Angel (Alpha Wolf)
    The oldest of the Angels, the Guardian Angel has hid in plain sight for a millennium. Now, it seeks the heart of the TARDIS, and will stop at nothing to get it. The Guardian Angel scries as a Villager.

The Recording (Beast)
    This angel isn't an actual angel, but simply a recording of one. But the recording has taken on a sinister life of it's own, becoming it's own angel. When killed, The Recording will take someone who killed it with it.

The Broken Angel (Devil)
    The Broken Angel's statue is crumbling, weathered away by time and the elements. This offers it a bit of mobility - enabling it to scout out for the other Angels. Each night, it may tail someone to learn their identity.

Weeping Angel (Wolf)
    A crying statue that comes alive, it's one of the oldest and most deadly creatures in the universe according to the Doctor. As long as a single Angel lives, nobody here is safe.

Graveyard for those interested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Slot Number|Player Name|Died during|Role
    1|Lex-kat|
    2|cd4|
    3|Istari|
    4|Ramsus|
    5|Murska|
    6|Gray Mage|
    7|Tydude|
    8|Eldritch Knight|
    9|The Bushranger|
    10|V Junior|
    11|byers2142|
    12|101jir|
    13|Dakeyras|
    14|GrlumpTheElder|
    15|Imperial Psycho|
    16|Lord Loss|
    17|Szilard|
    18|Korias|Beaten to death on Night Zero|Narrator
    [/table]

-----------------------------------------------
    UNDISCLOSED LOCATION
    All we want to know is what went down on PRX-304. The voice was mangled through a scrambler, but the prisoner understood. Still, they hadn't taken any precautions with this one; a locked room, constant monitoring, and a set of monitors reading brain activity. Upon extraction from the crash site of the ISS Silence, the target had been a gibbering mess. It was only now - two full weeks later - that they managed to get the prisoner to talk.
    I told you! It's still coming! Wrists strained against leather bonds, the creaking of the chair louder than the sobs.
    Start at the beginning. How did the crash occur?
    It started with engine failure - our port manifold's catalyzer blew mid jump cause of that ion storm and we were forced to make an emergency landing. And that was when that box showed up...

-----------------------------------------------
    PRX-304, Two weeks ago.

Flames streaked across the sky in the wake of the Silence. Klaxon sounded out into the night as the hull burned in the atmosphere, the monstrous cargo ship careening into the forest below. As the ship ripped trees from the ground during it's braking, the crew inside held on for dear life, praying that the next explosion in the old mechanisms wouldn't be closer. For many, their prayers went unanswered as the metalworks twisted and heaved. For others, they were caught underneath the collapsing cargo containers that toppled during the corkscrews.

But for you lucky eighteen, you survived. You managed to escape from the burning wreckage, and have built something of a base camp out of supplies salvaged while the distress beacon ticks away, the captain sitting close by keeping watch on the radio. Nobody is really sure as to the real cause of the explosion; some say it was the Ion storm, others say it was the hitch hiker and his alien box. For most of you though, that is nothing more than a rumor as there's no evidence of the box anywhere in the wrecked cargo hold. Still, one thing is certain - the frighteningly low amount of supplies recovered means that foraging teams are to be organized. The surrounding forests and moss covered ruins are a comfortable temperature and are sure to yield some sort of edible foodstuffs, and spirits are raised when a few of you bring back a crate of rations that had been lost in the wreckage not far from here. With your spirits raised, more of you go off into the night to search for food and equipment that could be of use.

It is only a few hours later when you return that you discover that your problems are not yet through. The captain, the only one left at the camp, lies dead, his body beaten savagely by something unknown.

The sun rises - and with it, fear.

Captain Kenneth Orias (Korias) has been killed. He was the Narrator. Day One begins and ends in 48 Hours.

And without further ado, you may all begin.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Journeys on the TARDIS 3: It Really Is Bigger on the Inside (Game Thread)

A stange being pokes its head out of one of the tents. Those well-versed in the Pokemon game series will recognise it as a Mewtwo.

The Captain's dead? Oh, dear. There goes the leader. Ah well, I'm sure we can find the Angels. I suggest 'lynch-mob' tactics, starting with Lex-cat, as she was the first out.

The Mewtwo goes over to the campfire and tends it using Flamethrower. After it has to apply a Burn Heal thanks to an exploded fire, it decides to leave tending the fire to others.
    Last edited by V Junior; 2011-01-12 at 03:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

VJ: Dr. Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.

I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Journeys on the TARDIS 3: It Really Is Bigger on the Inside (Game Thread)

V Junior because he has a flamethrower and I want one.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #4

OldWizardGuy

Murska because he wants a flame thrower.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    V Junior because he has a flamethrower and I want one.
    ((-cough- I'm a girl, just so you know, Murkska.))

Mewtwo looks at Murska witheringly. If I could give you this power, I would. Unfortunately, it is an innate ability which I am unable to pass onto anyone else.

It pauses, examining a hot dog that it burnt. You know, I really wish that one of the cooks had survived...
    Spoiler
    Show

I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.

I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V Junior View Post
    ((-cough- I'm a girl, just so you know, Murkska.))

Mewtwo looks at Murska witheringly. If I could give you this power, I would. Unfortunately, it is an innate ability which I am unable to pass onto anyone else.

It pauses, examining a hot dog that it burnt. You know, I really wish that one of the cooks had survived...
    ((Oh. Sorry. I'm a Finn, we don't use gender pronouns.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

cd4 because he looks down on people who want flame throwers. Seriously, who doesn't want a flame thrower?
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games
    Shape-Shifters - The Reaper - Win!
    Breaking the 4th Wall - Troll - Win!
    Mafia XI - Mobster(Citizen) - Loss

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

*rolls* Lex-cat.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grlump walked into hut 17, next to where the captain's remains were found. He stroked his long beard and sat down at the makeshift desk that had been set up there. A number of pages of a book (17 to be precise) had been scatterd across it. Grlump picked up the 17th page and read the 17th name on it... It was most suspicious...

Szilard for being 17th.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

GrlumpTheElder

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

L.L walks into the main tent and sees his squablling crewmates. Sighing, he rolls his eyes at cd4, who seems to discriminate against those who want flamethrowers.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-01-12 at 08:13 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

V Junior, for having a name as androgynous as V. :P

Hmm... I'll RP laterer. Gotta be awesome or something...
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

13. - Top - End - #13

[OOC Lex-kat, since the 1st law of WW is that the first person to speak (post) is always the first out, but never mafia (a lesson I was recently reminded of). RP later]
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

((It's not an androgynous name! I'm named after Vaarsuvi - oh. Right. Vaarsuvius.

Also, I just realised I spelt "Murska" wrong. Oops!))

The Mewtwo looks around at everyone discussing Flamethrowers, before throwing up its paws in dispair. It then pulls out a bag full o the TM for Flamethrower.

THERE! Flamethrower for everybody that wants it!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome!

Murska picks through the TMs and grabs a bunch, using them all at once and promptly catching (more(green)) fire.

Never enuff fire.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

*runs around on fire* Aaaaargh, enough with the fire!

17. - Top - End - #17

Grlump stood up, his long beard now considerably shorter and singed...

WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE PEOPLE FLAMETHROWERS he said as he fired fire into the air with the flamethrower he had...
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-13 at 10:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Mewtwo looks around at the chaos it caused, then sighs dramatically.

And this is why I never will give out Flamethrower TMs ever again.

((OOC Edit: Oh, great, not going to be around to find out what happens next! If it's in a couple of hours - say, two - then I won't! I have school tomorrow, and so I need to get to bed early! ARGGGH! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!))
    Last edited by V Junior; 2011-01-13 at 03:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Just a heads up that Day One ends in a couple of hours and only a few of you have pointed.

20. - Top - End - #20

Guys, keep the flamethrowers. We'll need them to fight the angels .

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... cd4 for the tie!
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Murska as I have no other real ideas.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Eldritch Knight for following the Murska Constant.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #24

DAY ONE is over. Night will begin when Narration is posted.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Waits patiently to see if I died without voting once.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    Guys, keep the flamethrowers. We'll need them to fight the angels .
    Fire against quantum locked super beings??? Will it work?

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Fire against quantum locked super beings??? Will it work?
    Worth a try.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mewtwo looks interested at the idea of fighting the Angels with flamethrowers.

It's definately worth a try. If we could lure one into a confined space, trap it there, then put on blindfolds and flamethrower it... hmm, how would we get the flamethrowers in? And what kind of trap could hold a Weeping Angel? We'd need to set up cameras in order to see when we have one... oh, wait, that's a really bad idea, we'd get attacked by the Recording. It seems my Angel trap needs work.

Mewtwo levitates a pencil and some paper over to itself, and starts jotting down designs and ideas.

((If I work out an Angel trap idea, then my character will construct it from the ruins of the ship.

EDIT: Okay, I have an idea. If River Song pulls off a bane (ie, saves someone), then I think she should inform the person she baned, so long as this isn't a game where it gets revealed who gets baned. That way, we can set up a quick network even before we get a confirmed Cpn. Jack, with a little luck.))
    Last edited by V Junior; 2011-01-14 at 12:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by V Junior View Post
    EDIT: Okay, I have an idea. If River Song pulls off a bane (ie, saves someone), then I think she should inform the person she baned, so long as this isn't a game where it gets revealed who gets baned. That way, we can set up a quick network even before we get a confirmed Cpn. Jack, with a little luck.))
    That would work. With luck, the network can hook up with a officer and give a nice solid core to grow around. With 17 we're thinking what, four angels and three masons?
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games
    Shape-Shifters - The Reaper - Win!
    Breaking the 4th Wall - Troll - Win!
    Mafia XI - Mobster(Citizen) - Loss

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Four angels seems realistic (three specs. one normal). I quite like your idea, V Junior.

Perhaps if we used the cameras to lure in the recording... muses the quiet-seeming survivor seated in the back of the tent, deep in thought.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.