New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    From Vamponies with love~

The young twelve year old looking buck on Sandy halted in mid air as Sandy was dragged away just seconds before what would have been impact. No point hitting the stone floor and making a small crater that would just daze yourself for a second, leaving you susceptible to the advances of a flame knife wielding mare. The lithe buck pulled up denying Staccata flamey slashy slashy. Unpredictable weave and dodge from such a youngling, could have been such an acrobat. He sent a gust of wind her way as she became the new target of his attacks and evasiveness with Sandy out of sight and the picture.

The last unknown came upon Silverpine from the shadows behind Gearstride, an elderly unicorn stallion who looked cartoonishly out of place in such combat. His cutie mark an eye chart, perhaps an old eye doctor. He should do something about that gloss over his eyes and maybe soon that buck shot of lead in the face that staggered him and left his face an ugly bleeding mess.

Gearstride reached up to Silverpine. "Ow...frack.....help me up lieutenant......I can't feel my hoof..." Upon closer inspection it would seem her right hoof was a twisted thing that just looked all wrong, along with some bruises on her chest. "Nnnnng....Sandy's right though....if these are civilians....we have to protect them...nnn...captain's orders..Take my flash grenades....stun 'em....then...knock them out...but don't kill..."

Zephyr himself slammed the vampony he was up against, against the wall head first, do his best he could at non lethal damage. It was really hard to do the incapacitated thing, but he had to, wanted to do so, for Sandy, his friend. Zephyr's nose itself was overwhelmed with the stench smell of decaying dead vamponies that he wavered for a second and got an uppercut to the chin in return. Zephyr found himself staggered and in the air as the vampony jumped for him. Zephyr found himself instinctively grappling the vampony in a hold.

Miss M was still engaging in physical combat with her attackers, they had taken to the high ceilings with one, a pegasus having her a vice hold while the other one, an earth pony clung onto her and began a series of dirty street fighting attacks.

4 Dead
    3 Incapacitated
    5 Engaged

----------------------
    ================================

Silent Snow looked her way after he finished taking off some wanted posted and tossed it in the small wooden guard booth built into the wall. His eyes intense, brows furrowed as he recalled that night with those mysterious armored ponyfolk who got the better of him. The large unicorn felt angry and upset about all that, and ashamed.

Idle Chat in the meanwhile lowered his ears, frowned and began to paw at the ground. "I...I don't know about any husks....but....yea...on the western gate....there was an..attack....ponies got hurt....but...at least they were okay..." Idle opted to not mention he was one of those ponies who got hurt.
    Silverpine winced a little as he spied the mangled hoof. That'd complicate things quite a bit. He did however, manage to get one round of buckshot into the elderly unicorn who was staggering up on them. "I'll try, captain... but if I have to kill I will." He would try helping Gearstride to her four hooves if possible, or sitting position if cannot. Then with flash bomb on hoof, he threw one up at the ceilings towards Miss M. Hopefully she would be on the ball enough to avoid looking at such.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, I don't know about leading, but I certainly know how to persuade."

Night Jewel thought for a bit. "I don't actually know how big these caves are, but they're probably pretty deep. More important things are better protected, and it's harder to find something that's deeper down."
    "Noted. When I die, I am going to request a single room at ground level. Just in case it needs to be investigated for anything. I would certainly hate to annoy anypony posthumously.

...Wait...why would I not wish to annoy anypony posthumously?"

Blades was briefly stunned. Then she fell over laughing.

"Ya really think a lil' bit of magic is enough to make me hate ya? 'Cause I think ya're fine whatever way ya are! I may not like magic all that much, but ya've got plenty of redeemin' qualities, 'n ya're not a gloating type."
    "I...uhm..." Arvadraa starts blushing furiously, clearly having not expected this. "Oh. Well. Um. Thank you. I...right. Um. That sounded like a less obviously answered question in our head."

---

Daniel

(For the record, Daniel spent the previous round fishing through his bag for...something.)

He mutters something about everypony else being insane and finishes pulling out a length of rope, drawing another arrow and tying one end of the rope to that, and the other to his left forehoof.

Can't cut off the air supply, they don't breathe, can't use blood-loss, too much regeneration, can't just kill them because that's suddenly bad, can't use a hat trick on the song because that's so passe, can't use brain damage for unconsciousness because again, regeneration...

"OI CAPTAIN!" He shouts over the battle din, aiming the rope-arrow at one of Miss M's opponents and firing. "Any suggestions for those of us who DON'T have a setting between 'off' and 'kill'?"

[Normal Arrows Left: 2 (immediate) and 20 (bag)]
    [Fire Arrows Left: 9 (bag)]
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-24 at 05:43 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow drags Sandy to the bushes at the edge of the clearing. It would take a while but with one hoof she fires a bolt at the pegasus atop Miss M. Eye shot.

[Bolts: Loaded (1 Normal), Bag (10 Normal, 3 Flu Flu, 3 Giant, 3 Trick)]
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Rainbow drags Sandy to the bushes at the edge of the clearing. It would take a while but with one hoof she fires a bolt at the pegasus atop Miss M. Eye shot.

[Bolts: Loaded (1 Normal), Bag (10 Normal, 3 Flu Flu, 3 Giant, 3 Trick)]
    A few breaths of fresh air combined with the sharp *twang* of Rainbow's crossbow, so close to his ear, finally snapped Sandy back to semi-alertness. His horn flared back to life as three more stakes came out to replace the ones he'd dropped, and he started to fight back against Rainbow's pull. "No! I gotta...gotta keep fightin'...they'll murder all of 'em...gotta save 'em...let me go, I gotta save 'em!" he begged as he dug in his hooves.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A few breaths of fresh air combined with the sharp *twang* of Rainbow's crossbow, so close to his ear, finally snapped Sandy back to semi-alertness. His horn flared back to life as three more stakes came out to replace the ones he'd dropped, and he started to fight back against Rainbow's pull. "No! I gotta...gotta keep fightin'...they'll murder all of 'em...gotta save 'em...let me go, I gotta save 'em!" he begged as he dug in his hooves.
    "No, Sargent. You are not mentally stable enough to fight right now." she mumbles as she drags him away.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"No, Sargent. You are not mentally stable enough to fight right now." she mumbles as she drags him away.
    [Sandy and Rainbow - Away from the brawl, near the cave entrance]

(right, just remembered she's dragging by the collar)

"No!" Sandy finally found some purchase on some rocks embedded in the earth, and held onto them for dear life. "Let me go! I gotta save them ponies, I can still fight, they ain't gonna die anymore, won't let 'em, just let...me...GO!" He thrashed and twisted, trying to make Rainbow release her iron grip on his collar.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy and Rainbow - Away from the brawl, near the cave entrance]

(right, just remembered she's dragging by the collar)

"No!" Sandy finally found some purchase on some rocks embedded in the earth, and held onto them for dear life. "Let me go! I gotta save them ponies, I can still fight, they ain't gonna die anymore, won't let 'em, just let...me...GO!" He thrashed and twisted, trying to make Rainbow release her iron grip on his collar.
    Holding the stallion by the neck is harder by the second. Rainbow's eyebrows angle downward and she just lets go. "Fine. Go get yourself killed. You will since you don't actually have a way to incapacitate all those enemies."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Holding the stallion by the neck is harder by the second. Rainbow's eyebrows angle downward and she just lets go. "Fine. Go get yourself killed. You will since you don't actually have a way to incapacitate all those enemies."
    [Sandy and Rainbow - Cave Entrance, away from the fighting]

And Sandy was off like a shot, stumble-running his way back to the brawl. However, with all that had happened, another round of combat would have likely passed.

(It would be helpful to get a notice of "Sandy arrives in this next round of fighting", until then, he's not in the actual brawl)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine winced a little as he spied the mangled hoof. That'd complicate things quite a bit. He did however, manage to get one round of buckshot into the elderly unicorn who was staggering up on them. "I'll try, captain... but if I have to kill I will." He would try helping Gearstride to her four hooves if possible, or sitting position if cannot. Then with flash bomb on hoof, he threw one up at the ceilings towards Miss M. Hopefully she would be on the ball enough to avoid looking at such.
    Suddenly being the target of vampony minion aggression, Staccata is steadily being pushed back. The mare uses her agility and evasiveness to generally dodge what's coming at her, but keeps the attacks to situational counters.

"Whatever you do, do it fast."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Noted. When I die, I am going to request a single room at ground level. Just in case it needs to be investigated for anything. I would certainly hate to annoy anypony posthumously.

...Wait...why would I not wish to annoy anypony posthumously?"
    "I agree. If I don't achieve immortality somehow, I might as well at least have fun with my death, right?" Night Jewel laughed. "I'm going to blur the line between 'posthumous' and 'posthumourous', perhaps by putting archaic objects in my tomb just to mess with future archaeologists' heads."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "I...uhm..." Arvadraa starts blushing furiously, clearly having not expected this. "Oh. Well. Um. Thank you. I...right. Um. That sounded like a less obviously answered question in our head."
    "Hey, I like ya. Just 'cause I've tried to kill ya a couple times doesn't mean I'd go spare over something like this!" Blades shook her head. "Ya're a good girl, 'n ya've got a lot of potential, magical or not."

Both parties might notice that the tunnels were getting hotter the further they went.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Van Ponysing

Things are happening fast, that flash grenade went up, up into the air creating a blinding radius of well, blinding light. All three vamponies were blinded, the vampony pegasus holding Miss M up dropped her and rubbed their eyes for a moment. Miss M and the earth pony who was attacking her was used as a cushion against the stone floor on the bottom. There was a small crater as rubble and dust kicked up.

"Learn...to have another setting then Daniel....I don't want anymore unneeded deaths..." Gearstride struggled onto all threes, holding her injured foreleg and hoof to her chest. The elderly stallion taking another buckshot to the face by Silverpine fell into a crumpled a heap looking dead, though it was merely just healing itself as a couple of bullets and shrapnel popped out of his face.

The pegasus Rainbow shot an arrow into one of his eyes jerked up in the air in a zig zaggy fashion trying to remove the arrow with hooves. The little pegasus buck contending with Staccata seemed to strike a supercolt fore leg flexing pose before taking to the air and zooming toward her with the intent to do a fly by attack with his wings. Zephyr was still doing his darnest to keep his vampony aggressor in a firm hold as he flew up and body slammed him against the ceiling causing debris to fall down below toward the others.

4 Dead
    3 Incapacitated
    5 Engaged

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

"I agree. If I don't achieve immortality somehow, I might as well at least have fun with my death, right?" Night Jewel laughed. "I'm going to blur the line between 'posthumous' and 'posthumourous', perhaps by putting archaic objects in my tomb just to mess with future archaeologists' heads."
    "I dare not attempt to imagine what those objects might be."

"Hey, I like ya. Just 'cause I've tried to kill ya a couple times doesn't mean I'd go spare over something like this!" Blades shook her head. "Ya're a good girl, 'n ya've got a lot of potential, magical or not."

Both parties might notice that the tunnels were getting hotter the further they went.
    "I just hope the potential doesn't kill me." She stops. Her eyes go wide, the natural black color of her irises slowly creeping from her eyes all over her body, her mouth open in an expression of terror. "Heat. Hot. Fire. Burning. DANGER."

Whap.

The left wing of an owl knocks lightly on the back of her head, which she shakes, snapping out of it. "Seeker, I told you to-"

HOOT.

"...Fine. But if you get torched I'm telling Marissa."

Van Ponysing

Things are happening fast, that flash grenade went up, up into the air creating a blinding radius of well, blinding light. All three vamponies were blinded, the vampony pegasus holding Miss M up dropped her and rubbed their eyes for a moment. Miss M and the earth pony who was attacking her was used as a cushion against the stone floor on the bottom. There was a small crater as rubble and dust kicked up.

"Learn...to have another setting then Daniel....I don't want anymore unneeded deaths..." Gearstride struggled onto all threes, holding her injured foreleg and hoof to her chest. The elderly stallion taking another buckshot to the face by Silverpine fell into a crumpled a heap looking dead, though it was merely just healing itself as a couple of bullets and shrapnel popped out of his face.

The pegasus Rainbow shot an arrow into one of his eyes jerked up in the air in a zig zaggy fashion trying to remove the arrow with hooves. The little pegasus buck contending with Staccata seemed to strike a supercolt fore leg flexing pose before taking to the air and zooming toward her with the intent to do a fly by attack with his wings. Zephyr was still doing his darnest to keep his vampony aggressor in a firm hold as he flew up and body slammed him against the ceiling causing debris to fall down below toward the others.

4 Dead
    3 Incapacitated
    5 Engaged
    "Thanks for the inspiration, boss. Let's return our favors, shall we?"

He rolls over to the vampire he shot, severing half the rope with a new arrow and wrapping what's left behind its back legs, then looping it around the neck so that if it tries to move those legs, it'll just semi-strangle itself. Rather hard to maintain mobility in such a situation.

This whole time, he's rhyming. Not singing, rhyming.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Something stirs inside us all
    I watched you fight, I watched you fall
    And now are backs against the wall
    So listen to the Siren's call.

Gearstride, Captain, leader of us
    Don't feel the pain, don't put up a fuss
    Stand up tall against the night
    And lead us in our justly fight.

Sandy, brother, hear my words
    I know this all will make it worse
    We need your top form for victory
    I need you to focus, need you to see.

Rainbow, sniper, aim right, strike true
    As a team, we count on you
    Bring them down with all your finesse
    And when one falls, bring on the next!

Rogue, newcomer, ally of ours
    It doesn't matter if you've come far
    We need your talents on our side
    And these undead to be taken for a ride.

Silverpine, O enemy smasher
    Stalwart defender and shotgun master
    Fire until you see the sun
    Keep up the faith when we have none."

Every verse and word is tinged with the power he's put into rhymes before; the power of suggestion. Mind control (if only slight) that he couldn't try on the vampires. Pain resistance for Gearstride, confidence for Sandy, clarity of aim for Rainbow, speed for Staccata, and fearlessness for Silverpine.

Whether it works is mostly up to their mindsets.

((Any of those verses that take too long can be considered to continue in the next round if I miss it again.))
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Movin' Right Along]

As Sandy galloped back towards the fray, he heard his name in Daniel's rhymes, echoing over the melee. Strange, but just knowing that somepony in the battle was thinking of him and wasn't just ignoring his pleas, brought a little flicker of hope in his mind. He could do this, he could help turn the tide, nopony else had to die. Nay, he would not let anypony else die. His nostrils flared and he charged ahead into battle with a war cry.

However, as much as that confidence started to lift his spirits, it also blinded him. There wasn't any focus on the battle at hand, there was only the enemy in front of him that was about to get an angry, stabby unicorn dropped on their head. No prioritization, no wide-scale tactics, just a blind charge at the first enemy he could see.

(tldr: Charging the nearest enemy, still aiming for nonlethal staking)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-25 at 05:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The song infects Rainbow subconsciously. "Breathe In." She loads her giant wooden crossbow bolt. "Breathe Out." The bow is slammed into the ground, bipod down. "Breathe In." Then she fired nonlethally into the abdomen of the vampony she shot earlier.

[Bolts: Loaded (1 Normal), Bag (10 Normal, 3 Flu Flu, 2 Giant, 3 Trick)]
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-09-25 at 04:16 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Van Ponysing

4 Dead
    3 Incapacitated
    5 Engaged
    "Oh no, you don't," Silverpine muttered as he watched the shrapnels start popping out of the mangled "elderly" vampony's face. He brought the butt of his shotgun and rammed it into the hindlegs of the vampony, hopefully breaking them and delaying his healing even further. Daniel's song felt oddly appropriate for the occasion.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero!
    "As much as you want kiddo."

He released Mile and got up out of bed.
    The little tiny colt would just curl into himself a bit more after he releases, then yawn again and get up; he would stagger his way to the kitchen.

His other too brothers would be still sleeping.

Barb!
    Barb looks rather crossed with Doth!
    Which is why a rock will fly at him.
    He would catch the rock with his telekinesis, then it would shatter..... Somehow
    "It's curious, sometimes when you have power you may get the ability to not show it, it seems you have something like that."
    He would just put his clipboard to a side and stay sitting there, being cold, and also he's got a new helmet on him.

Silent Snow looked her way after he finished taking off some wanted posted and tossed it in the small wooden guard booth built into the wall. His eyes intense, brows furrowed as he recalled that night with those mysterious armored ponyfolk who got the better of him. The large unicorn felt angry and upset about all that, and ashamed.

Idle Chat in the meanwhile lowered his ears, frowned and began to paw at the ground. "I...I don't know about any husks....but....yea...on the western gate....there was an..attack....ponies got hurt....but...at least they were okay..." Idle opted to not mention he was one of those ponies who got hurt.
    She becomes even more afraid, but just a bit.
    "...I-.. Is this spot safe then? I'm not sure what I could do if that happens, I don't know much about howto use this spear yet..."
    It would become obvious that she got sent in a hurry, on normal conditions she would be still training instead of being there.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-25 at 10:12 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    The Cirrus
    Blaze shook his head.
    "Nah...I think we'll be fine without a patrol."
    Hover points her hoof in Blaze's face. "If I get turned into an undead abomination, I will never forgive you... maybe... whatever really. I am cursed already."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I dare not attempt to imagine what those objects might be."
    "Well, it'll be fun, whatever the case."

Night Jewel twitched her nose. "I think I smell sulphur. We're definitely getting in pretty deep. I'd expect soon..."

What appeared to be a golden unicorn appeared before them, but translucent. "Stop right there, intruders! Going to unleash the subterranean terror, are you?"

"Ah, right on cue. A guard dog."

"I just hope the potential doesn't kill me." She stops. Her eyes go wide, the natural black color of her irises slowly creeping from her eyes all over her body, her mouth open in an expression of terror. "Heat. Hot. Fire. Burning. DANGER."

Whap.

The left wing of an owl knocks lightly on the back of her head, which she shakes, snapping out of it. "Seeker, I told you to-"

HOOT.

"...Fine. But if you get torched I'm telling Marissa."
    "It's a volcano. Volcanoes are hot, ya know! Didn't I tell ya that?" Blades laughed. "'N it took ya this long to figure it out?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it'll be fun, whatever the case."

Night Jewel twitched her nose. "I think I smell sulphur. We're definitely getting in pretty deep. I'd expect soon..."

What appeared to be a golden unicorn appeared before them, but translucent. "Stop right there, intruders! Going to unleash the subterranean terror, are you?"

"Ah, right on cue. A guard dog."
    Yes. And then we are going to tap dance in snake costumes, twirl our moustaches, and cackle about how we are going to take over the WOOOORRRRLLLLLD.

"We are not, even should we know what you speak of. Perhaps you could explain?" He does his lay-on-hooves thing again as a nonverbal 'trust me' message.

"It's a volcano. Volcanoes are hot, ya know! Didn't I tell ya that?" Blades laughed. "'N it took ya this long to figure it out?"
    "Volcano...lava....maybe that won't work? It's just that...fire burns me much more easily when I'm like this. Not heat, I can barely feel heat, but flames...it's very bad. So I hope you don't mind if I say that we should do this quickly."

((I swear, I only just realized that both of them are going to the same place. Well played.))

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Grave of the Vamponies

The dust cleared as Daniel rhymed like a boss, invigorating his team mates as he did his fancy tricks with rope and arrow. He moved to the crater made by Miss M and the enemy earth pony vampony mare. Normally the ropes tying the vampony legs to its neck would normally just break if the vampony tried to go hulk and do so. BUT, there was accidental team work here with Miss M stomping the vampony's body with sound effects to rival Daring Do's kicks. "You should probably pierce the vampony with the arrow on that rope and pin her down, preferably have it above her chest to discourage moving, lest she drag it down toward her heart."

Its almost as though Sandy got his wish as from above him as he charged blindly forward a vampony along with Zephyr fell from the ceiling right in front of him with a loud crack of splintered stone as a chunk of stone from above landed on Zephyr's head. "Oowwww...ddurrrr......why me...."

Rainbow'
    s arrow fly's true as it strikes the vampony's abdomen who was still dealing with the arrow in their eye. There was an actual grunt sound that came from the enemy vampony. The pegasus began to falter in staying in air.

Silverpine's
    butt (hehe) seemed to make a loud sounding crunch. However, the face blasted elder stallion eye doctor seemed to just shrug it off and pushed himself with his forelegs and threw himself with fangs bared at Silverpine, funked face and fractured hind legs and all. Gearstride yelled out finding a strength in her as she slammed herself against the elderly vampony with a wince.

[stealing from Lycan in the Fallout Equestria FFRP, don't tell ;D]

-Daniel and Miss M have an earth pony female vampony in quite the bind
    -Sandy has an opportunity in front of him, along with a derped Zephyr
    -Rainbow has herself a vampony pin cushion
    -Silverpine and Gearstride have a rather relentless elderly stallion on their hooves, time to send him into retirement?
    -Staccata is about to get hit with a fly by attack by the lithe 12 year old buck

4 Dead
    3 Incapacitated
    5 Questionably Engaged

[Gearstride-7 flash bombs, 6 explosive bombs, 1 sticky bomb]

=========================

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    She becomes even more afraid, but just a bit.
    "...I-.. Is this spot safe then? I'm not sure what I could do if that happens, I don't know much about how to use this spear yet..."
    It would become obvious that she got sent in a hurry, on normal conditions she would be still training instead of being there.

"Of course its safe! If anything bad happens, me and Silent Snow will be sure to protect you!"
    He tried to give an assuring smile.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Grave of the Vamponies

The dust cleared as Daniel rhymed like a boss, invigorating his team mates as he did his fancy tricks with rope and arrow. He moved to the crater made by Miss M and the enemy earth pony vampony mare. Normally the ropes tying the vampony legs to its neck would normally just break if the vampony tried to go hulk and do so. BUT, there was accidental team work here with Miss M stomping the vampony's body with sound effects to rival Daring Do's kicks. "You should probably pierce the vampony with the arrow on that rope and pin her down, preferably have it above her chest to discourage moving, lest she drag it down toward her heart."
    "Sounds...nngh...like you're overestimating...her ability to use fight-or-flight...effectively..." But hey, no skin off his nose for another corpsed corpse, either. Using M's help with pinning, he ripped the arrow out and readjusted it bare inches from the vampire's heart, tightening the other end to her legs so that any force powerful enough to break the rope will rip the wood straight into that red generator.

"Hope you know how to put these ones down nonlethally, because I'm still tingling like I need to save somepony's hide. A supporter's work is never done!" He hops off and takes the last moments of his round to look for the best opening and draw another arrow.

(tl;dr - Daniel follows Miss M's advice and ties up the vampire, then draws an arrow and gets ready to fire at Staccata's problem when he has an opening.)

22. - Top - End - #322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Showdown

Restraint doesn't really operate well on Staccata once a fight has been started. At this point her options range from horrifically lethal burning or hilariously useless bucking. She just tries to get into a position to dodge the incoming attack.

"So once again, what the buck are we doing?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes. And then we are going to tap dance in snake costumes, twirl our moustaches, and cackle about how we are going to take over the WOOOORRRRLLLLLD.

"We are not, even should we know what you speak of. Perhaps you could explain?" He does his lay-on-hooves thing again as a nonverbal 'trust me' message.
    "I see. A paladin. Perhaps you will be loyal after all. But who is your small companion? A mere foal obviously should not tamper with matters beyond her ken."

"Oh, me? I'm a prospective paladin myself." This wasn't really a lie given Dawnstrider's opinion of Night Jewel. "So what's the situation you need help dealing with?"

"An ancient evil lies below. She dared challenge the power of the princesses themselves! It was clear that she was too ambitious and powerful to leave alive. Thus, I, the paladin Starfire, and a group of so-called 'heroes' defeated her, but my treacherous companions chose to spare her life! The only one who remained loyal to my cause, Shining Sword, was murdered by those traitors! But now, there is hope for her to be ended if you truly follow the ways of righteousness."

"Intriguing." Night Jewel looked over the manifestation of the other unicorn, then turned to Dawnstrider. "So what do you make of her?"

"Volcano...lava....maybe that won't work? It's just that...fire burns me much more easily when I'm like this. Not heat, I can barely feel heat, but flames...it's very bad. So I hope you don't mind if I say that we should do this quickly."
    "Oh, I'm sure ya'll do just fine as long as ya don't try swimmin' or anything... Of course, there might be a dragon or two nearby, 'n that's a diffrent story, but if we're careful, we probly won't run into 'em."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Grave of the Vamponies

Its almost as though Sandy got his wish as from above him as he charged blindly forward a vampony along with Zephyr fell from the ceiling right in front of him with a loud crack of splintered stone as a chunk of stone from above landed on Zephyr's head. "Oowwww...ddurrrr......why me...."
    Without bothering to slow down, Sandy hit the enemy like a raging, pointy comet. As the two tumbled, the little unicorn scrambled to keep a grip around the vampony's neck from behind while trying to drive a pair of stakes into its general flank region with his magic.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Of course its safe! If anything bad happens, me and Silent Snow will be sure to protect you!"
    He tried to give an assuring smile.
    She just gives a small smile back
    "Ok....Thanks. Ehh... Now I should.... Uh where's my spot?"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Meanwhile, in the world of Tomorrow - Griffon

Suddenly being on the more healthy and ready-for-combat end of the guard despite recent orders, the griffon is strolling through town, looking intimidating. Since he's more or less unchained now, it's a bad day to commit crime.
    Outside
    "There's one"
    "What?"
    "The griffon, he's just walking around...." Says the stallion, looking over the town with a telescope
    "No signs of the others yet...."
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    She just gives a small smile back
    "Ok....Thanks. Ehh... Now I should.... Uh where's my spot?"

"Over there! On the left side of the gate, I will take the right side, Silent Snow will be in the guard booth thingy,"
    He happily pointed at the left side of the gate. For all intents and purposes, past the south entrance here, into Bridle Shores, lead into the more suburban area of Bridle Shores, with the more civilian housing than the main part of town. Also, the cemetery.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see. A paladin. Perhaps you will be loyal after all. But who is your small companion? A mere foal obviously should not tamper with matters beyond her ken."

"Oh, me? I'm a prospective paladin myself." This wasn't really a lie given Dawnstrider's opinion of Night Jewel. "So what's the situation you need help dealing with?"

"An ancient evil lies below. She dared challenge the power of the princesses themselves! It was clear that she was too ambitious and powerful to leave alive. Thus, I, the paladin Starfire, and a group of so-called 'heroes' defeated her, but my treacherous companions chose to spare her life! The only one who remained loyal to my cause, Shining Sword, was murdered by those traitors! But now, there is hope for her to be ended if you truly follow the ways of righteousness."

"Intriguing." Night Jewel looked over the manifestation of the other unicorn, then turned to Dawnstrider. "So what do you make of her?"
    "I require a lack of bias to make proper judgement of the situation. Tell me, Starfire, how exactly did this sorceress challenge the princesses, whom were your companions, and where are they now? Most importantly, perhaps; why did they betray you?"

"Oh, I'm sure ya'll do just fine as long as ya don't try swimmin' or anything... Of course, there might be a dragon or two nearby, 'n that's a diffrent story, but if we're careful, we probly won't run into 'em."
    "Dragons are big. That'll make me easy to swall-....um. No. Diplomacy. Talk first." She's trying to keep her voice under control, but its clear that her jump straight to violence is scaring her.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I require a lack of bias to make proper judgement of the situation. Tell me, Starfire, how exactly did this sorceress challenge the princesses, whom were your companions, and where are they now? Most importantly, perhaps; why did they betray you?"
    Had the aspect of Starfire breathed, she would have inhaled deeply.

"This mad sorceress dared compare her own power to that of the princesses! It's as if she thought she could overthrow them herself. Shining Sword and I ordered her to take back her claims, but she refused, and she overpowered us in combat.

"We got the assistance of the shaman Dream Vision, the witch Arcane Sand, and the glorified servant Night Flower. With their help, we were able to defeat the mad mage, but then they showed their true colours. Arcane Sand had no morals, and the other two actually cared about this monster who may well have attempted to conquer the world! They wanted her easily released again, as if she could just be pardoned without a thought!

"No. This was madness. I managed to ruin their plan to break the seal, but the foul sorceress still lives, preserved by magic. Your duty is to finish what I started, and put an end to this once and for all. Only then can I rest."

Night Jewel listened, then whispered to Dawnstrider, "I'm starting to doubt she's your kind of paladin."

"Dragons are big. That'll make me easy to swall-....um. No. Diplomacy. Talk first." She's trying to keep her voice under control, but its clear that her jump straight to violence is scaring her.
    "Ya don't want to be a dragonslayer? I hear it pays well, it's a good challenge, 'n it gives ya a good reputation!"

Blades shook her head, not entirely understanding Arvadraa's aversion to killing things. "Oh well, might as well be polite first, 'cause dragons are mostly smart too. Anyway, are we gonna find one or just go meet the underground pony immediately?"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Had the aspect of Starfire breathed, she would have inhaled deeply.

"This mad sorceress dared compare her own power to that of the princesses! It's as if she thought she could overthrow them herself. Shining Sword and I ordered her to take back her claims, but she refused, and she overpowered us in combat.

"We got the assistance of the shaman Dream Vision, the witch Arcane Sand, and the glorified servant Night Flower. With their help, we were able to defeat the mad mage, but then they showed their true colours. Arcane Sand had no morals, and the other two actually cared about this monster who may well have attempted to conquer the world! They wanted her easily released again, as if she could just be pardoned without a thought!

"No. This was madness. I managed to ruin their plan to break the seal, but the foul sorceress still lives, preserved by magic. Your duty is to finish what I started, and put an end to this once and for all. Only then can I rest."

Night Jewel listened, then whispered to Dawnstrider, "I'm starting to doubt she's your kind of paladin."
    "So then I gather..." Dawnstrider begins slowly, calmly, but with just a hint of danger in his voice, like he's trying to be calm while thinking 'answer this very carefully or I will turn undead your sorry hindquarters without a second thought'. "That her crimes was merely delusions of grandeur, possibly due to minor psychosis, and so you deigned to attempt to fix the problem by attacking her for what she likely believed to be no reason at all and then imprisoned her for an indeterminate amount of time. Please, do correct me if I am at any point wrong." He starts to lose a bit of control during the emphasis, coming off as slightly more angry, even...a bit righteous. His black armor flickers a bit, glowing for a brief moment.

"Ya don't want to be a dragonslayer? I hear it pays well, it's a good challenge, 'n it gives ya a good reputation!"

Blades shook her head, not entirely understanding Arvadraa's aversion to killing things. "Oh well, might as well be polite first, 'cause dragons are mostly smart too. Anyway, are we gonna find one or just go meet the underground pony immediately?"
    "Jobs to jobs are jobs to the first. Hm. That made more sense before I said it. But yes, the second one. Into the belly of fire and almost certain destruction of something, ahoy!"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I am tired of you vamponys WASTING MY BOLTS!" Rainbow screams as she leaps up to snag the pegasus by the giant bolt stuck in his stomach.

"Lets make a vamp kebob."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater