New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

When Bariis throws the creature to the ground and the druid struggles to his feat just the be knocked prone and unconscious by Bariis's volley of blows. Bariis is left standing over the crumpled form of an orc as the druids body reforms with a bunch of cracks and pops as muscle and bone change shape rapidly.

As Sheera looks around she sees the vines still clinging to Emadgar and the clerics still struggles against its cling. However Ama stands calmly almost bored. Her arms are folded and she isn't even looking at the combat. Her foot has begun to tap the ground in a constant tick. most disturbing is the fact that not a single plant has touched her. A ring of dead weeds and bramble has collected around her as the plants seamed to have tried to claw towards her only to shrivel and die when it got near to her.

((OoC: ok so no more map you have two unconscious orcs one of which is a couple yards away in the bushes the other is the druid. The plants are still clinging to those entrapped and are covering the same area and are actively trying to grasp anyone who enter))
    Check out my horrible homebrews

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bariis drops the druids body to the ground. She then pops her neck, shoulders and knuckles in turn. "Recover! Are we all still in one piece" She lifts her large fur coat out of the way to reveal a deep gash in her six pack, "... it'll heal. Sheera, I felt it best we subdue him first, recover and then... interogate. You will notice I refrained from snapping his neck, and so he is merely unconcious" She walks over to the guide offering a hand, "Are you well enough to continue?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

"Yes, nevermind"

Sheera can only sigh at Bariis words, and doesn't even flitch as the druid hits the floor. Too disturbing is the picture of the dying plants around Ama's feet.

Something is terribly wrong here...

As she feels the numbing pain again, she makes some arcane gestures, hands pointing at the vines.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera casts Dispel Magic against the druids spell
    Dispel Roll: (1d20+6)[18]

"Here Emadgar, that should free you..."

Afterwards, she points to the other Orc, adressing Cirrus

"What to do with the other orc?"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-04 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Better language and so on
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Emadgar curses heavily under his breath, venting his anger on Druid's in an ineffectual way by half-heartedly kicking out at some of the vines. He only succeeds in entangling his lower extremities further, which only serves to further irritate him.

Cursed Druids. This spell had best end soon, it is becoming tiring.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

With a word and a gesture, Vadina unravels her summoning spell, and the ape vanishes with an audible crack. The vines were becoming a nuisance, but the battle was won.

"Well, for being ambushed in a high pass, that certainly could have been worse. How is Ama?"
    Just the seed of an idea.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven turns back to look at their guide, and see how she is.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheera casts her spell and the plants which have become quit thick begin to shrink rapidly before disappearing entirely. All that is left is the sparse underbrush which was present prior to the druid's meddling. But the ring of dead plants still remain but as the spell disappears it begins to turn to piles of ash and the slight breeze in the pass begin to lift the light gray substance into the air and the ring begins to disappear.

Ama looks on as Bariss walks down the hill towards her and looks as the others seem concerned.

Are you done playing with the orcs. We have some way to go now and I tire of your lack of focus.

Ama's voice is cold and unkind.

8. - Top - End - #98

Emadgar takes a few more swipes at the plants as they disappear into the ground, with glee.

Gods breath, finally. Curse Druids and their pathetic, primitive worship.

Emadgar re straps his shield to his arm and places his crossbow back, but not before removing the bolt. As Ama speaks his eyes narrow.

Lack of...

God DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN HER!!! She was collapsed on the bloody floor before! I only gave her some minor magic to prevent her worsening while we fought!

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shall I record the XP we got then? (If so how much) Or wait until later?
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-09-06 at 09:17 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Fair point Ama, perhaps 60 seconds was a little too long for this battle, next time you are shot in the chest I shall walk on"

Bariis, her point made, picks up her cloak and sets off up the hill, to drag down the second unconcious orc.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven nods, "Indeed... and I'd like to say, the first ten minutes of doing your job, you know, guiding us... into an ambush?!? Not the most stellar performance on record. You might not want to quit your day job."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

These are the hellgate mountains Wizard. For one so educated as yourself you should know that these mountains are filled with primitives such as these.

She rolls her eyes at Raven as she is accused of doing a poor job. She strides through the ashen waste that is the dead plants and up the hill to where Bariis has begun to drag the orc down the hill. She gives the orc a stern look before flicking a hand over the prostrate body before turning her back. As she walks away the orcs body splits asunder and Bariis is left dragging the upper half of the what was once an orc archer.

Is there a reason you left them alive? They are a primitive barbarian tribe. They know nothing of importance. They probably just wished to kill you for your possessions or perhaps to eat you.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

Eww, gross

"Not a bad trick, could be a lot more useful if you had tried it in the fight. But if we're in need of a slaughterhouse, we'll let you know"

Rubbing her injured neck, she walks up to Emadgar and changes her voice to a more friendly tone:

"Hey there, could you possible lend me a healing hand?
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-10 at 12:02 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven shrugs, "So, this is a common occurrence here... how interesting. Stop accusing us of wasting time then just because we are dealing with the terrain. You're either part of the problem, part of the solution or part of the scenery... I suggest you stop being the latter, and we can move through these obstacles more quickly."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #104

Emadgar idly rubs at the blood on his face, lost in thought, but brightens up when asked for help. It had been a while since anyone had spoken to him with a friendly tone. He smiles at Sheera.

That will be no problem. In future on this trip I will prepare additional healing magic. Obviously I, or should I say; all of you are going to need it.

Emadgar once again joins his hands together, murmuring a low chant. Warm, blue light surrounds him briefly, and his hair and clothes are whipped by a wind that seems to come from nowhere. Once again, he feels the positive energy go through him, gasping slightly. His eyes fill up with tears once again.

Curse my sensitivity to these energies... Gods, how weak I must seem.

The experience passes swiftly, leaving a incandescent blue glow surrounding Emadgars hands. Without delay, he wipes his eyes on his sleeve, and turns towards Sheera. Reaching out, he places his right hand on her neck, where her wound lies.

I wonder what her reaction to the positive energies will be? It touches all of us differently.

Relax. This should feel pleasant.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds
    Damage Healed
    (2d8+6)[17]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

The woman closes her eyes as the positive energies wade through her body, sealing the wounds. It feels pleasant and tickles a bit, leaving a nice, fuzzy sensation on the skin.

"Thank you, much better now."

Moving closer to Emadgar, she whispers, trying to be unheard by the others:

"This Ama woman is strange, and I don't trust her. I guess it's best to be prepared, and have allies when something goes wrong"

With a nod and a smile, she continues, loud, adressing everybody.

"If we are staying too long at this place, there may be more orcs that come across. Lets get moving."

With the last words, Twinkles the rat comes out of the backpack again, resting on Sheera's shoulder.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-11 at 01:46 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: I'm assuming this is dead, from the fact it hasn't moved... PM me if it ever gets going again... removing it from my subscription list.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    OOC: I'm assuming this is dead, from the fact it hasn't moved... PM me if it ever gets going again... removing it from my subscription list.
    OOC: Same for me

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

OOC: Same here.