New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[The Streets of Inside]

A little brass bell jangles cheerily as the big oak door it is attached to opens wide. Beyond the aging threshold rows of books are crowded on to groups of mismatched shelves.

A young woman is holding the door open. Her camouflage jacket, cargo pants and hiking boots do not seem to belong in the bookshop’s studious atmosphere, but the intelligence in her blue eyes belies that initial assessment. She turns and waves farewell to someone inside. “Come again soon, Westlanna,” a man’s voice calls. “Will do!” Westlanna replies. Then she steps out into the spring sunlight’s glare. Her boot-clad feet quickly find their way down the steps and past a sign reading: Thaddeus Broadstreet, Bookseller.

Half a block down the street she pauses to feed a newspaper vending machine a coin and retrieve a paper. The motion requires her to shift a weighty chemistry book and three paperback novels from one arm to the other. The brisk breeze that is blowing streams of her chocolate-brown hair across her face is not helping anything. A flick of her wrist sends her hair swaying out of her face and she is off once more, reading the paper’s classifieds as she walks.

[Erin's Emporium]

In another timeline (because the Nexus is like that) the same woman is browsing through the wide selection of weapons in Erin's Emporium while waiting for her new tricorder to be duplicated. She has strayed away from the high-tech gadgets and found herself eying a big shiny knife. The blade starts smooth and curved and then becomes straight and serrated. By the way her eyes keep flitting back to it, she's trying to decide what she likes more: her money or a new shiny slicey 'toy'.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

2. - Top - End - #902
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Streets of Inside
    Westlanna may very well notice a man in a lab coat, black tie with a white dress shirt underneath with a katana on his back driving down the street on a motorcycle.
    The bad thing is, the motorcycle hits a pothole, causing it to fling Dave off of his motorcycle and him to land right in front of Westlanna, making his motorcycle helmet shatter.

His motorcycle, however, disappears in a spiritual mist.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #903
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Streets of Inside]

Westlanna glances up from her reading at the sound of the approaching engine, then turns her eyes back down to continue where she left off... (Item 39: Secretarial help needed. Excellent phone skills).... when a sudden rush of motion in her peripheral vision makes her attention snap to the scene in front of her.

She quickly backpedals to avoid being hit by the flying Dave, and only narrowly misses being hit. When his helmet shatters she drops her books onto the sidewalk and hurries to his side.

"Sir, can you hear me? Don't move, just respond if you're able." She quickly begins taking stock of the situation. Is he bleeding from the head, or did the helmet protect him? Is he breathing? How is he lying on the sidewalk, is there likely to be spinal damage? She assesses it visually.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #904

The Streets of Inside
    Westlanna will notice that he is indeed bleeding from a large gash on his head, which came from the shards of his helmet. Which one has gone partially into his skull.

In regards to her questions he groans and looks up.
    "Nope, I'm just fine dandy actually!" he said, laughing as he stood up and blood started trickling down onto his face.
    "I'm Dave Smith. Doctor, ninja. You?"
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "I do not doubt you, Mayhala." Winguardia replies. A note of anguish begins to creep into her voice, and it grows the more she speaks. "It is strange for there to be so little blood... unless it was a strangling or the work of a vampire..." That last comment may raise questions for Mayhala, as Winguardia did not ever explain in detail what her vampire background entailed. "This may be my fault."

Winguardia slowly folds up her wings over her back again. Just then she hears Rhyan's sudden announcement, and turns to face the half-drow and the window. "Perhaps they did see something... if you wish to ask, Rhyan, then I would appreciate any news you can find."

Winguardia closes her eyes and then takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. Finally she seems ready for whatever comes next.
    Mayhala frowns, looking a bit confused, and sits down on a small platform of shadows, floating in midair.

"I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean... Why would a vampire, presumably the Reclaimer - who I thought wasn't supposed to harm or involve humans? -, killing her not leave any blood? Forgive my ignorance, and I'm sorry if the question is rude, but we don't have anything of that name in Valdemar, unlike firebirds..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley follows Kuko all the way to the building. She wonders how best to go about this, thinking that she can't just directly tell her intents to the worshipers.
    The building is fairly large, probably, even taking into account space for church services, having room for around a hundred-and-fifty people. As for architectural details, it seems to be built much like the Savorla's home in Netheli, or the keep on Nemehir, though with somewhat less of a defensive emphasis than either, with the same tektite, obsidian, and jet construction.

There's a steady, though small, flow of people through the doors, most of whom are wearing no sort of uniform or other sign of affiliation, so it's probably safe to assume that anyone is free to enter.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-27 at 07:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Jessica’s House]

Winguardia is slow to focus on Mayhala again. “Hmm? Oh… no, it is not rude. The only way to learn is to ask. Vampires are…” she launches into the explanation, only to stop short. “I should say, ‘In my world vampires are…’ For I believe they may be very different in other worlds. So, in my world, vampires are undead, creatures that are not truly living and not truly dead. They were made by the first humans as an accident when the humans disobeyed the first rule: do not attempt to bend life to your will. Only the Creator bends life.”

“Vampires have no life-force of their own, thus they must feed on the lives of others. Large quantities of animal meat can help, that is how I live, usually. But, the best food is blood. I take animal blood when I must, usually from large animals so I do not weaken them over-much.” She sighs, and adjusts her wings self-consciously. It seems this is not a pleasant topic for her.

“It has been said that human blood is the perfect food, for we are made of humans by humans. It is also said to be incalculably addicting. Once a vampire has taken blood directly from a living human host that vampire must feed again from similar sources or go mad, for nothing else will satiate the desire. I would not know… but that is part of the reasoning behind the Council’s first Law: Do not harm humans. Their arrogance is the source of the second Law: Do not involve humans in Celestial affairs. If this is Reclaimer’s work…” again she pauses abruptly. Then she sums it all up with. “A vampire drains his victim, leaving little or no blood behind at the scene.” Wingaurdia is staring out the window at Rhyan across the street as she finishes. Not to be disrespectful to Mayhalla, but merely to avoid eye contact due to her own nerves.

[The Streets of Inside]

“I am Westlanna and you, Dave, need to sit down.” Wes holds out her arm, for him to lean on should he need it, and then motions with her other arm to the wide steps leading up to a nearby business.

“What is the emergency number around here? You need medical attention. Now.” She knows he said he is a doctor. She also knows people do stupid things when heading into shock. Stupid things like standing up and completely ignoring the giant head wound that is sending them into shock.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

[Jessica’s House]

There’s a bit of rustling from inside the house, then heavy footsteps followed by a raspy voice. “Who are ya and whad’da ya want?” A shadow moves past the curtain that still has the slightest part in it. Rhyan cannot see in, but she can bet whoever is inside can see out.
    "I am Rhyan Halcyon," the half-drowess says politely. "I regret the disturbance, but I was wondering if recently you might have seen any...unusual events taking place in the house across the way?"

[Erin's Emporium]

In another timeline (because the Nexus is like that) the same woman is browsing through the wide selection of weapons in Erin's Emporium while waiting for her new tricorder to be duplicated. She has strayed away from the high-tech gadgets and found herself eying a big shiny knife. The blade starts smooth and curved and then becomes straight and serrated. By the way her eyes keep flitting back to it, she's trying to decide what she likes more: her money or a new shiny slicey 'toy'.
    Aeryn, busy behind the counter, looks up as one of her devices goes 'ding!'
    No doubt heralding stuff.
    And she retrieves the tricorder from the copying machine, humming to herself!

The fancy slicy knife certainly appears to have Wes' name on it. Not literally though. Unless she pays for engraving.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jessica’s House]

Winguardia is slow to focus on Mayhala again. “Hmm? Oh… no, it is not rude. The only way to learn is to ask. Vampires are…” she launches into the explanation, only to stop short. “I should say, ‘In my world vampires are…’ For I believe they may be very different in other worlds. So, in my world, vampires are undead, creatures that are not truly living and not truly dead. They were made by the first humans as an accident when the humans disobeyed the first rule: do not attempt to bend life to your will. Only the Creator bends life.”

“Vampires have no life-force of their own, thus they must feed on the lives of others. Large quantities of animal meat can help, that is how I live, usually. But, the best food is blood. I take animal blood when I must, usually from large animals so I do not weaken them over-much.” She sighs, and adjusts her wings self-consciously. It seems this is not a pleasant topic for her.

“It has been said that human blood is the perfect food, for we are made of humans by humans. It is also said to be incalculably addicting. Once a vampire has taken blood directly from a living human host that vampire must feed again from similar sources or go mad, for nothing else will satiate the desire. I would not know… but that is part of the reasoning behind the Council’s first Law: Do not harm humans. Their arrogance is the source of the second Law: Do not involve humans in Celestial affairs. If this is Reclaimer’s work…” again she pauses abruptly. Then she sums it all up with. “A vampire drains his victim, leaving little or no blood behind at the scene.” Wingaurdia is staring out the window at Rhyan across the street as she finishes. Not to be disrespectful to Mayhalla, but merely to avoid eye contact due to her own nerves.

"I see... Similar to myself, then, but requiring a more direct method, and not something it is possible to stop, once begun?"
    , Mayhala asks, trying to fit the concept into familiar terms. "And if this is the Reclaimer's work, that would require his death, yes? Or imprisoning him to go mad, which, I think, would be worse... Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty seeing who else it might be, unless there happens to be another winged vampire around who just happened to stumble on your friend and chose to drain her, which is a rather improbable coincidence."

9. - Top - End - #909

[The Streets of Inside]

“I am Westlanna and you, Dave, need to sit down.” Wes holds out her arm, for him to lean on should he need it, and then motions with her other arm to the wide steps leading up to a nearby business.

“What is the emergency number around here? You need medical attention. Now.” She knows he said he is a doctor. She also knows people do stupid things when heading into shock. Stupid things like standing up and completely ignoring the giant head wound that is sending them into shock.
    The Streets of Inside
    "What? No I don't..."
    He nearly falls trying to walk, so he leans on Westlanna.
    "Alright...maybe I do...but you can't bring me to any hospitals or clinics around here. You never know if they're actually fronts for stealing your organs."
    He'll lean onher and go any where with her.
    "So Westlanna, what do you do?"
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

The tiefling glances at the temple skeptically, well, she guessed she'd slept at worst places...

She glances at Rein and Arel, "Are you guys going to be okay? You might need to have those vines looked over Arel..." She tells the angel with a meaningful look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel feels a stab of guilt. What was she thinking, she should be worried about what might have happened to Bobbie too.

Arel nods in response to Astrana. "We'll be fine." She says, not really sounding all that fine. "And I know. Right now I just want to sit down, though." She's not even sure where she'd go to have the vines looked at, or what anyone could tell her.
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Fukayna, thinking Arel and Reinholdt have the right idea, pads over to one of the shelter's fluffy cat cushions and takes a seat. She stares unblinkingly at the three people, tail flicking occasionally. The cat has nothing else to say, it seems.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Reinholdt takes a seat on the abandoned futon and holds out his hand to help Arel sit as well.

"Do you have any ideas?" He asks Astrana. She seems rather resourceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I'd recommend a library, or a monster hunter if you have any here. Heck, I could check it up for you if you want. I got nothing else to do anyway." Astrana says with a shrug.

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mayhala frowns, looking a bit confused, and sits down on a small platform of shadows, floating in midair.

"I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean... Why would a vampire, presumably the Reclaimer - who I thought wasn't supposed to harm or involve humans? -, killing her not leave any blood? Forgive my ignorance, and I'm sorry if the question is rude, but we don't have anything of that name in Valdemar, unlike firebirds..."

The building is fairly large, probably, even taking into account space for church services, having room for around a hundred-and-fifty people. As for architectural details, it seems to be built much like the Savorla's home in Netheli, or the keep on Nemehir, though with somewhat less of a defensive emphasis than either, with the same tektite, obsidian, and jet construction.

There's a steady, though small, flow of people through the doors, most of whom are wearing no sort of uniform or other sign of affiliation, so it's probably safe to assume that anyone is free to enter.
    The Lover's Children

Kuko's a curious chap. He'll scamper on in without much serious thought. He'll look around for someone who doesn't seem to be doing much of anything, then ask for directions to the best scholarly authority on the Goddess.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Oh dear, those vines are going to make sitting a little bit more complicated, aren't they? She half sits, and has to look over her shoulder to try and figure this out. There's nothing for it, hopefully Rein doesn't mind the vines on that side being in between his back and the futon. As long as that's not a problem, she'll sit right next to him and take one of his hands in her's.

"You wouldn't mind? I mean, I'll look into it myself too, but if you'd look too that would be great." She smiles faintly at Astrana.

Now that they're in an enclosed space, it's rapidly becoming apparent that Arel has a new scent about her. It's probably those lily-like, yellow flowers that grow from her vines. It's a pleasant and intoxicating scent. Very pleasant really.

14. - Top - End - #914

[The Lover's Children]

Ashley follows Kuko into the building, and looks around to see the inside of it.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Rein minds quite a bit, but he's not stupid enough to verbally raise any objections. Arel didn't ask for this. He sniffs a little though. Her scent was... relaxing in a way.

"I'm sorry all this happened when you were coming to us for help." He tells Astrana, vaguely remembering something along those lines.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark, Grimy Alley

Thenadier sneaks back into Inside, coming from Outside. He's a wreck. Thenadier had tried to fix his face to the best of his meager healing capabilities. Some of the flesh was burned off. Some was so blackened it looked like burnt plastic...He found his other eyeball and cleaned it with his water bottle. He sticks it back in his skull and casts a spell to fix everything as good as he could. His lower jaw composes of bones and open red flesh. One of his eyeballs faces a little to the side. His grey hair is somewhat frazzled and it cascades to his shoulder. Not in the usual ponytail. His glove lies burnt revealing his skeletal hand. His coat is burnt and cut in some places. It reveals the plate mail underneath. Thenadier puts a scarf over his jaw to hide the disgusting wreck of a jaw.

He walks in the alley and is careful to make no noise. He couldn't be found. There could be no witnesses. Thenadier's plan would take months....maybe even years until fruition. But when it did The Nexus would be purged of evil. Even if it meant killing every one. He would succeed...he would start the great culling. But, at first he needed to fix his ruined face.....the undead that is Thenadier needed to appear human again. That was first. Then he would search for those in equal mind. He would start with cleaning HALO. Tobias was a killer! He admitted to murdering thousands of people in cold blood. Thenadier would purge it of "evil". Even if it meant allying with AMEN. He would get them too. AMEN would be burned. But HALO was first. Once HALO was finally cleansed and used as it should, a force of good, he could obliterate AMEN. And all evil. Once and for all. He's really gone mad hasn't he?

17. - Top - End - #917

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Astrana have some training against different mind-effecting effect, she's alarmed by the smell though. "I wouldn't mind." She repeats however. "If I wouldn't have anything else to focus on, I'm pretty sure I would drive myself insane at some point. It's a long story and you don't need to tell me your sorry, not like you could have done anything about it."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-29 at 01:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel is a bit distracted by Rein at the moment. Is he more tense than he was a moment ago? Was it something she did? Oh no, it's the vines isn't it? She frets internally even as she tries to focus on Astrana.

"Well, thanks, Astrana. It really means a lot to me." She says. Jeez, she'd almost forgotten about the troubles Astrana's been having.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I guess research is all we can do right now. Thanks Astrana. I'd offer you a place to sleep for the night, but... as it is I think we'll need to steal Bobbie's bed." Reinholdt says. He very briefly considers trying to tie the vines up just in case they had a mind of their own, but shoves that away for now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #920

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Don't worry about it, I think I can pay for an inn room or something." She wasn't broke... yet. "Me and Cynthia here who isn't related to me can pull our own weight." The tiefling had her own plans how to make money. "If I find something though, how can I contact you? The same way as before?"

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Don't worry about it, I think I can pay for an inn room or something." She wasn't broke... yet. "Me and Cynthia here who isn't related to me can pull our own weight." The tiefling had her own plans how to make money. "If I find something though, how can I contact you? The same way as before?"
    "Yeah, just give us a call here at the shelter. At least one of us will be here sometime." Arel says.

Speaking of Cynthia, she's still here too, and not even getting herself into trouble. Seems she's discovered one of the cats who's wandered back into the shelter. She's wiggling her fingers in front of the cat's face and letting it bat at them. The demon girl grins from ear to ear.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Reinholdt can't help but smile at Cynthia.
    "Well she's very cute."

Even if they aren't sisters or whatever.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-29 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #923

[Right Into the Middle of a Brawl]

-The Big Guy-

They hardly notice when the massive metallic egg-shaped machine descends from the sky and lands just beyond their little tussle. Little in this case being a rather sizable mob of dwarves and orcs beating the ever loving crap out of each other.

Most of them don't even know what sparked the fight.

But they'll be damned if they're going to let those green-skins/rag-faces win!

Over the din they hardly notice as the egg opens and a positively hulking dull white robot with glossy orange armor stomps out. The thing is massive and brutish in its proportions. And thankfully unar-

Oh.

Wait.

An equally huge war-hammer just unfolded into place in the robot's hands.

*THOOM!*

The ground quakes and cracks as the massive weapon slams into the pavement, sending better than half of the brawlers tumbling onto their asses.

"Hmm? What's all the trouble, then?" the machine bellows.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-03-29 at 03:08 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Streets Near Trogs

A door opens in nowhere, showing the Grove thread through it. Looking through the door are a boy and his dog, and the strange creature who created the door.

"So many people..." the boy says. And then the dog gives a happy bark and runs through. "Mori!"

The boy follows his dog. And the door shuts behind him, leaving the pair lost in a strange city. The boy is 16, but looks younger than his age. He's barefoot and his robes are dirtier and more tattered than the tektek can show.

The dog is a gorgeous Irish Wolfhound.

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #925

GnomeWizardGuy

Cole might notice a small(4 or 5 inches tall)tophat with a monocle attached to it that falls and bounces off his head. If he looks up he'll see nothing but the sky. The tophat wiggles a bit on the ground, righting itself.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

26. - Top - End - #926

[Stomping Off Toward Trog's]

Suffice to say The Big Guy managed to iron out the dispute with some suitably intimidating actions. Which happens to be his preference, all things considered. If people can stop fightin' without gettin' hurt? That's fine by him.

Though these people sure are strange... Aliens, obviously. The first ever encountered by the Bandal Alliance as far as he knows. They're so... strange. Are they all females? He honestly can't tell.

The huge machine stomps along as the pilot puzzles over his navigation equipment. Something about this place is making it all wonky. And given that he isn't the greatest of minds this confuses him mightily. Green would probably know what to do about it. Or even Red. But they aren't here right now. So he'll just have to-

Hey... Hey! That smells like fermented snuu-berry juice! If there's any better way to take his mind off strange new ideas nothing does it quite like a snuu-berry juice slurry!

The massive machine stomps to a halt outside of Trog's as the chest splits open with a pnumatic hiss and a little ladder descends.

Out of the hulking machine?

Climbs down a three foot tall being in a white and orange jumpsuit. He's built pretty solidly despite his size. Somewhere in appearance between an ape and a lemur, though quite tailless and with a rather short muzzle. His fur is orangish with yellow stripes and two little triangular ears poke out of the top of his flight helmet.

As soon as his feet touch the ground he turns toward the boy and looks up in astonishment. "Goodness yer big, huh?"

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

Near Trog's

Cole... is confused. Poor lad has spent many weeks in a state of confusion.

"Is... this your hat?" He asks the orange furred creature. "It's trying to run away."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #928

[Outside Trog's]

Orange looks at the hat.

It's a pretty nice hat. But it couldn't possibly be his. It hasn't got any ear holes you see. And a hat without any ear holes? That would just be uncomfortable. Maybe it's a Megling hat. They've got them funny ears that grow out of the sides of their heads like these folks do. He sure hopes there aren't any Meglings 'round here. That would be plenty of trouble for the five of them. Especially separated like they are with their Nav computers on the fritz.

These thoughts, and others like them, take a while to meander through his brain. And as such a few seconds of awkward silence pass while he ogles the hat silently.

"Mmmmmm'nope," he finally concludes. "Are you a female? I can't tell for sure. You don't got any fur."

29. - Top - End - #929

GnomeWizardGuy

Two small reptilian legs pop out of the hat and it starts running, only managing to hit Cole's legs and knock itself over, the legs flailing about. Eventually an entire small and green dinosaur pops out of the hat. It puts the hat and monocle on, peering up at Cole. I do say! What a big lout you seem to be! it says in a hoity-toity accent.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #930

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Stupid cute demon girl, making Astrana smile... she likes to brood at the moment!

Oh well, she could take a break from her gloomy routine a while. "Yeah... she's very cute." The tiefling admits with a faint smile. "A part of it is this glamour she got though so be careful."