New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Mond, the Challenge Mountains

Guided by heightened senses, a powerful physique and a sense of divine purpose, Mond quickly made progress over the continent, taking minutes to traverse what mortals would take hours. While he traveled, he took it upon himself as a great opportunity to learn about the current state of the world. The miracles of nature and the influence of the other gods had left quite an impression, to say the least. He looked upon the Playground and saw beauty and potential. Trees, dreams, animals, races of all sorts, music - truly this is a momentous time.

Without spending too much time dwelling on the current nature of the lands, Mond did indeed arrive at a series of impressive mountains raised and carved. Rumor had passed that this was one of the places in the world in which to be seen and to be heard. Perhaps the Challenge Mountains were an apt name, as Mond arrived at the scene of a recent battle, or better said - a massacre. Humanoid creatures strewn which way and next across the landscape. The presence of blood and the abundance of potentially scavenged food plucked at the more primal aspect of the deity, tugging away at the concentration and focus of the walking beast. With a gritted snarl, he pressed on, there is much work to be done. Much work indeed.

He began to scale one of the mountains with mighty leaps and jumps with great proficiency, causing little disruption to the mountainside other than shifting the occasional loose rock. Like before, before too long, Mond reached the summit and beheld a great sight: the view of the Playground.

To begin his piece, he rang out with a powerful howl, one that shook the realm upon his birth, hoping to draw attention to himself amidst a world of conflict and progress.

"Gods of the realm, hear my call I am in need of your aid, your charity, or even a perhaps a trade. I have been sent from within The World and I am on a quest, and I require your counsel or your blessing. I require rock, I require a blessing and I require a curse. Send to me your messenger or your presence for it is a matter most urgent. I will be waiting."

Satisfied with his beckoning - the Midnight Howl descended down to an ideal meeting place. A picturesque plateau upon a rocky background.
    It is here he sits, waiting patiently for any who listened to the call. It is also here that he decides that if the denizens of the playground chose not to listen, then he may have to fulfill his destiny by other means.
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2015-02-06 at 06:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz0rd View Post

"Gods of the realm, hear my call I am in need of your aid, your charity, or even a perhaps a trade. I have been sent from within The World and I am on a quest, and I require your counsel or your blessing. I require rock, I require a blessing and I require a curse. Send to me your messenger or your presence for it is a matter most urgent. I will be waiting."
    A large presence looms from behind. It would seem that Mond had indeed caught the attention of one of the locals "And yet you decide to make your loud proclamation while trespassing unannounced on land that does not belong to you. You could have at least the common courtesy to introduce yourself, unless of course your intentions are less than pure." says the five headed Dragon, clearly annoyed at everyone treading through her lands.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth - The First Tree

The god of Nature and Plants sighs inwardly. So many things, so much haste to do. Did even his divine kin not have time to simply rest and wait? Still, he was occupied here. But he could send someone...

Pernieth shakes Cassandra off his shoulder and unceremoniously dumps her on the ground. "Go." he says to his avatar, and though The Speaker pouts at him for a moment, she nods a smile of agreement and sinks into the bark beneath her feet.

Task accomplished, Pernieth turns back to the matter at hand with the Elemental creature and Deimos.

Cassandra, Mond, Sneaky hasn't said her name yet Tiamat (I assume) - The Challenge Mountains

Cassandra pulls herself from a tree near the top of the mountain, a rugged pine that had grown on the slopes for hundreds of years, deep roots surviving the buffeting winds. This tree had not yet been blessed with Pernieth's gift as had so many others, but Cassandra thanks it for sheltering her none the less. She did not have time to wait for a reply. It would have to be enough. She looks upon the beast-god. "You called, and Nature answers. I am The Speaker." Even as she spoke it, her voice made the name a title, The Speaker, rather than simply one who speaks. She notes the large 5-headed dragon creature. It appears she is not the first here.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-06 at 06:41 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag, Isino
    Neiag bows to dragon god with grattitude.
    "Delightful gift brother. I have to admit, that I planned giving written word to my people at later times. You have taught me the value of fast thinking over planning. Thank you for that lesson. Now I need to go and contemplae about it. Farewell, we shall see each other soon." He says and dissapears.

However, before managing to return to his web, god of stories hears new calling. And, trying to put lesson he jsu earned to use, he answers it.
    Neiag, Mond, Tiamat, Cassandra, the Challenge Mountains

"You called me and here I am." Neiag steps from the win in front of Beast God. He greets Tiamat and Cassandra with respect they deserve and then continues. "You caught my attention and sparked my curiosity. What is this quest you're speaking of? And why do you require rock, a blessing and a curse?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Her eyes open slightly. "Ah, there is perhaps one thing. My children have been having strange dreams... Dreams of devouring each others' fire. Dreams of wreaking havoc. Of extinguishing other lives. It cannot be a natural influence, I did not make them to dream such things." She gestures towards those that dwell within Ravenglass.

"I had not thought much on it, to be honest. They are like me, yet not. I do not understand them in entirety. The do odd things in my name, such as the drawing of my runes. Which they treat as... holy."
    "All dreamsss come from the Sssleeping Sssea, our sssissster Mezzethera who isss Zalsaram'sss eldessst and your half-sssibling, it would ssseem. It isss not an unnatural thing, it iss the proper course for sssleepersss to dream in her hallsss.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Deimos eyes the Shepherd warily, turning to face the Primal Elemental of Water."Who's attentions?" He asks, his hand still on the hilt of his sword. "Are you saying the world is alive?"
    "Great... Zalsaram, Upon Which... We Dwell. The Leviathan... In Chains... The World."

The herald of Zalsaram is silent as the Shepherd leaves with acrid parting words aimed at his parent.

The Shepherd shall not be heard from again.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-02-06 at 07:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos stares at Tidal for several moments, then lowers his head slightly, looking off in thought. "I must ask his forgiveness, then." He says, reaching up to undo a strap on his armour. He begins to remove the plates from the leather backing, stacking them on the ground in front of him. When his armour has been removed, he takes the leather straps off of his shield, placing the disc of metal on the pile of armour plates. He removes the leather grip from the hilt of his sword, and takes the pommel stone off. He lays the metal and stone down in the pile, then raises a hand to levitate the pile. "I have taken these without permission. Even unknowingly, I have commited a crime. I would beg the World's forgiveness, and return his rightful property to him."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Tidal has no face to make at Deimos.

"Pebbles and dirt... Bits of skin cast off... By The World. It cares little for such things."

"But the stones speak... Of a son of the sea. A descendant of The World who is... Charged with such."

Tidal does not believe that the troubles that called to Zalsaram continue, and so it begins to inch slowly back into the waters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #188

Mianmi, Above Demiourgia
    As time went on, Mianmi watched the spread of new creatures, new races on the world. All were welcome to the Tenders, but there were many who were not suited for it. There were those who had not the patience, there were those whose paths led different ways, and those that did not have the love of Life that the Tenders created and nurtured. This did not make them any less deserving to be part of the Song though, so Mianmi wove the tune to speak to the ears of the young races. Music was for everyone. There was music for Creation -- some of her favorite -- and dirges for death. Songs for joy, tunes for happiness, tunes for sorrow, and songs for inspiration. There was the humming of a traveler exploring a new path, and the moaning of the damned. Existed also there a place for songs of battle and war, for it seems where sentience goes, strife in some form will follow. Rousing songs of courage and heroics, and those to sing them in the ranks. As more voices and more instruments joined in the Song, Mianmi’s power grew.

Spoiler
    Show

Huh. I thought I posted this earlier, but I can't find it anymore...
    AP 5 + 5 (Rollover) - 1 (Create Concept: Bard and Skald) - 3 (Raise DR 7 -> 8) - 3 (Gain Domain: Life) = 3
    Actions to raise DR: 1 (Create Subrace ) + 2 (Create Organization) + 1 (Create Concept) = 4

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos simply keeps the pile in the air, watching Tidal retreat. There is still so much he can teach me, teach us. The Demigod of Courage hangs his head. It would be no use to ask the Primal Elemental to stay and speak. Tidal's words gave the impression that he did not care about the machinations of the other gods, and nor did his master. Deimos's hand curled into a fist, the pile of metal creaking before crumpling into a torn and dented ball. His arms dropped to his side, and the ball of metal thunked against the branches of the First Tree.

"I know you don't speak much, Pernieth... so I'll try to make my question as easy for you to answer as you can." He turns to face the God of Nature. "Is it possible for beings of flesh to coexist with your children? Is it possible for them to flourish together?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "All dreamsss come from the Sssleeping Sssea, our sssissster Mezzethera who isss Zalsaram'sss eldessst and your half-sssibling, it would ssseem. It isss not an unnatural thing, it iss the proper course for sssleepersss to dream in her hallsss.
    "So, you say it is natural for things to dream of destroying others? It is not the dreams I have difficulty with. It is natural to have dreams that Terrify those having them?" She sounds slightly annoyed. As though expecting her point to be a simple and obvious concept. Like 1+1, and incapable of comprehending why the dog does not understand it, becomes angry at the poor mongrel which continues to say that he wonders how many two is. "It is not the occasional dream either, it is every dream every time. Either they wake horrified, or they awake horrified!"
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-06 at 09:14 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

11. - Top - End - #191

Ignus's Temple- Helfarch

Helfarch studied the temple with pleasure , increasingly convinced he had come to the right god. Ulric followed the circumference on swift wings, whistling. "Better than the rock we were sitting on that's for sure."

Helfarch didn't feel the need to respond to that. Instead he passed the altar and made his way to the most curious thing in the temple. The Obsidian circle was a marvel of craftsmanship certainly, but the sight in the middle drew the god's attention more than the stone work.

Ulric landed on his shoulder, the eagle tilted its head, "Boss, what's that?"

"A convergence of realities."

"Huh?"

Helfarch shook his head, ignoring the throbbing headache caused by studying all the breaks and mends in reality around the gateway. "God-speak for, there's a temple inside the temple."

"... HAH! That's awesome, and a little weird, is there a temple inside that temple?"

"Probably yes and no,"

"I was joking..."

"I may or may not be."

Ulric shook his head, gazing at the thing a few weeks ago he'd have no hope of beginning to understand, "You gods are crazy, I'm surprised no-one's built a mountain bigger than the Apex to show they could."

"Ohhhh, there's an idea."

Ulric expertly ignored him, leapt from the god's shoulder and lighted atop the Obsidian circle. "If you break anything I'm not stopping her from cooking you for dinner."

Ulric studied the other side, "There's nothing over here." "'Convergence of Reality' does not mean what's on the other side of that circle is in this reality."

"Where is it then?" Ulric asked looking suspicious. "Erm, I'm going to look at that flame you mentioned upstairs."

"Nuh-uh, you answer the question," Ulric landed in front of Helfarch, "Or don't you know?"

The sneer in his voice carried his challenge better than the tilt of his head, "Damn bird." Was all Helfarch managed in answer as he walked away from the portal, followed by Ulric's laugh.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Ignus's Temple- Helfarch

Helfarch studied the temple with pleasure , increasingly convinced he had come to the right god. Ulric followed the circumference on swift wings, whistling. "Better than the rock we were sitting on that's for sure."

Helfarch didn't feel the need to respond to that. Instead he passed the altar and made his way to the most curious thing in the temple. The Obsidian circle was a marvel of craftsmanship certainly, but the sight in the middle drew the god's attention more than the stone work.

Ulric landed on his shoulder, the eagle tilted its head, "Boss, what's that?"

"A convergence of realities."

"Huh?"

Helfarch shook his head, ignoring the throbbing headache caused by studying all the breaks and mends in reality around the gateway. "God-speak for, there's a temple inside the temple."

"... HAH! That's awesome, and a little weird, is there a temple inside that temple?"

"Probably yes and no,"

"I was joking..."

"I may or may not be."

Ulric shook his head, gazing at the thing a few weeks ago he'd have no hope of beginning to understand, "You gods are crazy, I'm surprised no-one's built a mountain bigger than the Apex to show they could."

"Ohhhh, there's an idea."

Ulric expertly ignored him, leapt from the god's shoulder and lighted atop the Obsidian circle. "If you break anything I'm not stopping her from cooking you for dinner."

Ulric studied the other side, "There's nothing over here." "'Convergence of Reality' does not mean what's on the other side of that circle is in this reality."

"Where is it then?" Ulric asked looking suspicious. "Erm, I'm going to look at that flame you mentioned upstairs."

"Nuh-uh, you answer the question," Ulric landed in front of Helfarch, "Or don't you know?"

The sneer in his voice carried his challenge better than the tilt of his head, "Damn bird." Was all Helfarch managed in answer as he walked away from the portal, followed by Ulric's laugh.
    A circular case set around the exterior of the main room, with long short steps gradually leads upwards to a platform. A set of rails made of solid black fire the only thing to keep travelers from falling off. Thee of them, equidistant from each other and the stairs, in perfect parallel, keeping children adults or animals safe from injury. Though the surface has an appearance of perfect smoothness, it gives traction and footing as certain and sure as short dry grass.

The second half of the temple's main floor is a ring shaped platform which allows those there upon to look down and view the proceedings below. Murals decorate the circumference of this level, depicting a story, beginning with her climb from the pit, to her creation of the Genasi, to the sudden arrival of the city. They depict her granting of knowledge, and power. Of granting them enlightenment in the art of making, a shadow of the power of the gods. After this mural they take on more realistic styles and even some modicum of motion, obviously enchanted in some manner.

Rune are etched in minute scale and intricate detail apon those in which the craftsmanship shows sudden improvement. The first of these depicts some symbol floating midair over the city itself. The next depicts the people of this place writing, recording, and teaching the newer generations.

A large portion of the wall-space up here is still empty, another set of stairs much like the other lead up to the next floor, the ceiling above you is black glass, most likely obsidian.

Each level contains something different, and either of historical or religious significance. Each apparently more precious than those kept on the lower levels, the priests found within these chambers all dress in plain clothing, with no jewelery or decoration to be seen other than the symbol of Ignus, worn by all. They discuss various areas of crafting: masonry, ceramics, carpentry and smithing being the primary subjects. Still others discuss 'The Runes' and their possible uses. Others contemplate on the strange and alien nature of the world in relation to themselves.

A small group sits discussing some apparent troubles that are forming among their people due to what occurs while they sleep.

The top few floors and levels of this tower are apparently dedicated to the use of magic, and it's various roles, both implemented or theoretical in the improvement of life. The creation of food, clothing, and materials being the primary example. The top level of this section contains the personal chambers of the High Priest, High Priestess, Grand Warlock, and Arch-Sorcerer.

There is a small balcony that is not visible from outside, too high from the ground to be seen from so far below. It has a set of caste iron steps leading up to the level directly below the chamber containing fire. It has no door, only a series of runes set into it's face which give the rough outline of one.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-07 at 01:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    "So, you say it is natural for things to dream of destroying others? It is not the dreams I have difficulty with. It is natural to have dreams that Terrify those having them?" She sounds slightly annoyed. As though expecting her point to be a simple and obvious concept. Like 1+1, and incapable of comprehending why the dog does not understand it, becomes angry at the poor mongrel which continues to say that he wonders how many two is. "It is not the occasional dream either, it is every dream every time. Either they wake horrified, or they awake horrified!"
    "We are not of the dreaming deep and cannot tell how the delirium of night takes shape. All we can say is that Zalsaram is a harsh world and its harshness will find a way into the lives of its denizens."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #194

Ignus
    The Blasted Lands
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "We are not of the dreaming deep and cannot tell how the delirium of night takes shape. All we can say is that Zalsaram is a harsh world and its harshness will find a way into the lives of its denizens."
    "In any case. I am, unfortunately unable to assist you. I know nothing of what ever conflict ignorant others desire to partake in, and likewise have no interest in their petty squabbles over nothing." She stares at them with a slightly raised eyebrow, "Did you need anything else?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Deimos - The First Tree

"Harmony." Pernieth says in his palm forms a wooden simulacrum of a mortal, two legs and arms and a head. Across from him, a tree. The mortal walks forward, and with a wooden axe, chops down the tree. As the tree falls, both are consumed by rot and become ash.

The same scene plays agin, but this time the mortal lays a Hand on the tree, and rests his head against it, a sign of kinship and respect. Then, when he chops down the tree, he is not consumed, and he sets another seed down, which grows once more into the tree.

Pernieth looks to Deimos, as if to ask him if he understood.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Deimos, Eucle - The First Tree

Deimos stares at Tidal for several moments, then lowers his head slightly, looking off in thought. "I must ask his forgiveness, then. I have taken these without permission. Even unknowingly, I have commited a crime. I would beg the World's forgiveness, and return his rightful property to him."
    Deimos's hand curled into a fist, the pile of metal creaking before crumpling into a torn and dented ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post

"Harmony." Pernieth says in his palm forms a wooden simulacrum of a mortal, two legs and arms and a head. Across from him, a tree. The mortal walks forward, and with a wooden axe, chops down the tree. As the tree falls, both are consumed by rot and become ash.

The same scene plays agin, but this time the mortal lays a Hand on the tree, and rests his head against it, a sign of kinship and respect. Then, when he chops down the tree, he is not consumed, and he sets another seed down, which grows once more into the tree.

Eucle's interest has been picked when Deimos makes an offering.

When Eucle emerges from the ground he swims out of it like a fish jumping out of water. There are almost no alterations the only ripples being slight changes to the area arround himself. It becomes more bountiful, trees bloom and bear fruit in instants, the earth becomes darker richer with promises of growth. He appears silently as not to interrupt Pernieth explanation, letting the Nature god finish.

"Excuse my intrusion in your domain, Elder." Eucle is massive a dragon made of earth and stone. His body is decorated with precious metal and in honor of Pernieth there are several fruit trees atop his spine.

The Wealth god then turns to address Deimos, looking at him and his offered ball.

"Is that an oblation?"

His voice sounds mellower than it did before, like rich wine and tarnished gold. His eyes are a coalescence of precious stones shining with rainbowed hues. His gaze is fixed in Deimos, after all he is the first being worth of note who has made something close to an offering to the Wealth god. Ritual is important, must be addressed.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post

Eucle's interest has been picked when Deimos makes an offering.

When Eucle emerges from the ground he swims out of it like a fish jumping out of water. There are almost no alterations the only ripples being slight changes to the area arround himself. It becomes more bountiful, trees bloom and bear fruit in instants, the earth becomes darker richer with promises of growth. He appears silently as not to interrupt Pernieth explanation, letting the Nature god finish.

"Excuse my intrusion in your domain, Elder." Eucle is massive a dragon made of earth and stone. His body is decorated with precious metal and in honor of Pernieth there are several fruit trees atop his spine.

The Wealth god then turns to address Deimos, looking at him and his offered ball.

"Is that an oblation?"

His voice sounds mellower than it did before, like rich wine and tarnished gold. His eyes are a coalescence of precious stones shining with rainbowed hues. His gaze is fixed in Deimos, after all he is the first being worth of note who has made something close to an offering to the Wealth god. Ritual is important, must be addressed.

A smile creeps across Deimos's withered lips. He nods. "Harmony." He states, affirming his understanding. He holds out his hand, about to conjure a simulacrum, when a massive dragon of stone and soil springs forth from the waves beneath the tree. Deimos turns to face him, hand going down to his leather scabbard before he realizes he no longer has a sword. The King of Dust eyes the dragon up and down.

"You look familiar..." He says. It was true, Eucle did look familiar, but not because Deimos had seen him before. Rather, the God of Wealth's form was that of Deimos's dream. It was a fleeting memory of the kind often overlooked by the conscious mind, but it was there, buried deep beneath even a god's psyche. Deimos would have narrowed his eyes, if he has eyelids. "If you are the child of the world that the herald spoke of, then it is yours."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera, The Orphaned Kings

Humans were made, and then their god faded into wherever gods go. Perhaps he was a dream? Perhaps he turned to water and joined his sister? Perhaps. But what is a flock without a Shepard? Lonely and without guidance, they wandered the paths that have not been tread - lost. They journeyed and struggled among the great continents until they reached the oily shores of the Sleepless ocean. They stared out into the hazy horizon and knew for certain that they have been orphaned and left along in this world which hated them. The ocean called out to them - it promised respite.

The first few walked into the waters and were shocked to find that they were not as cold as they thought it would be. The ocean was warm and inviting. Even here, at the shores they could see little fish dart among baby dreams - the dreams of toddlers shaped like bubbles and shells. Some fell on their knees. Others stood. They had no god - but they were not afraid or to proud to beg. And Mezzethera answered.

Why did she offer asylum to the Orphaned Kings? In the centuries to come - when they sing songs on their ships - Some would sing that she and the Shepard had once been lovers. That she did so out of guilt over his passing. Some would sing that she killed the Shepard herself to take what was once hers. Others would claim that it was not Mezzethera but the Praetors of her deep. There were many such songs and stories. The truth? The truth was but a passing dream. Mere food for demons to be fished and farmed, eaten, discarded - letting the dreamer wake up back into her lie.

Truth. . . was not important. Not below the sea.

And so these humans on the shore asked for respite. Some on their knees, others standing, and the Sleepless ocean answered. In their daydreams she spoke to them of felled trees. She spoke of rope. She spoke of great galleons and ships with canvass. And she let them dream how to construct them. She gave them dreams of fishing from her depths - and she showed them the Shepard's cycle of life - for if they took from her, she would take from them.

And thus the Orphaned Kings built their great ships. There were five at first, but they would me immeasurable in the future - the scourge of the sea's surface. They would be Pirate Lords - gifted with the fierce power of the Demons of the Deep. They would be spoken of with awe and envy. But not now - now they were merely orphans setting off into the unknown of the unseen horizons of the Sleepless Ocean.

And as their boats drifted past sight from the shore - the nation of the Orphaned Kings was born.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    AP 6

2 Create Organization of Humans - The orphaned Kinds. PIRATE NATION !!
    1 Teach Populace - teach populace shipbuilding and fishing
    1 Create class - http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Swashbuckler_%283.5e_Class%29

AP

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am. I thank you for your offering."

Eucle extends one of his claws towards the sphere that moves towards him, it floats in front of him for a moment as the wealth dragon studies it. As he does he starts to move circling Deimos and Pernieth. His steps are careful not disrupting the grass under him. He moves with an eerie grace not to be expected in one of his size.

"Do I look familiar?"

Eucle observes himself for a moment his body does indeed look familiar, at least to him. He studies Deimos too, observing how the King of Dust has reached for a sword that is no longer there. There is a spark of connection like an ill begoten dream. A shadow of a memory. The connection is small but it is there. Perhaps in the land of never-weres they were each other.

"You look..." The stone dragon smirks, or something close enough. "naked without an armor. Let me fix that."

Eucle opens his mouth and engulfs the metal sphere then he breathes. It is a warm golden breath formed with the partly digested dreams of wealth. Tiny tendrils of dreamstuff cling to Deimos body circling and dancing around it. They start to coalesce in an armor. The armor lacks a defined shape, shifting from one patron to the next as the dream motes readjust the design. For the most part it is how others have dreamed a rich armor, but it sometimes takes clues from Deimos' own dream, the dragon dream that had given Eucle shape.

"Better." The wealth god afirms. He then spits in front of the tree god. In his spit and covered in the golden dream motes that promise riches is the metal sphere that had been Deimos armor. The metal seems to flow and reshape with untaped potential.

"Elder, I have traspassed in your domain uninvited. As compensation and apology I offer you my first oblation infused with rich dreams."

He says addressing Pernieth.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

20. - Top - End - #200

OldWizardGuy

Mond, The Five-Headed Dragoness, Neieg - The Spinner of Tales, Cassandra - The Speaker, The Challenge Mountains

Spoiler: The Plateau
    Show

Mond lept, a uttered a slight whimper to the sudden and booming effect of a mighty, accusatory quintet of dragons. He turned to face the large and glorious dragon and took to his knee, and spread his arms gracefully, claws retracted.

"Forgive me, my gracious host. I did not mean to intrude, and I shall leave immediately, should you request it. I mean no harm to you or your people. I am Mond, spawn of the late Shepherd, carried by Mother-Mezzethera, and formed by The World." he says as he takes a clumsy, bestial bow. Each word pronounced both clearly and powerfully, masking slighter utterances of wolf vocal sounds beneath.

"I have come to bring stability and progress to times of unbalance and pain. I am here to request permissions and blessings to carry out the work I have been sent to accomplish. Look upon me and hear my words and see that I am pure, but I will defend myself to the death if necessary.

I assure you, my intentions are good, and I mean this earnestly. I apologize for the strife that has wracked your land of late."

Mond turns to face the enigma diety, the body and soul that emerged mysteriously from the wind, and The Speaker for nature, the tree-walker.

"Thank you for heading the summons. Please allow me to observe your formalities, I have only came very recently to the playground and the specific courtesies are somewhat lost on me.
    I have a vision."
    He begins - "Of little worlds away from the world. Not those in other dimensions or on other planes of existence, but of reality. I plan on creating moons," Mond emphasizes the word, "two large bodies of rocks, floating in the void - to shield the tremendous eyes of Zalsaram from the piercing sun, and to mediate the effects of the seasons." He continues, pacing. "I experienced the great winter and know of its burden on the common animals, the lesser mortals. The moon I envision is a bastion of hope, warmth and glory, a perfect nature, a utopia in the void to represent a vision of the summer to come. It will be a beautiful and pleasant sight in the heavens."

"Secondly, to balance the summer of plenty, there requires an omen of things to come. The summer may be a time in which beings and deities may become complacent, but the summer must be a time of hearty preparation. An accursed moon, a moon of whispers, a moon of shadows, this will drive home the point upon the playground."

"As I said in my beckon, I require rock, I require a blessing of the essence of plant-life, and a pestilence."

"For your blessing and advice on this, I offer my allegiance and a portion of my untested power. If you require further detail, please feel free to engage me with conversation."
    Also, as a note, you are the first beings with the ability for speech upon the playground I have met, what other divinities exist? What should I be aware of?"

Mond finishes his monologue and turns to his companions with a raised eyebrow.
    "What say you?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

"Show." Pernieth says, and his palms twist upwards, as if to invite the other god to proceed. The massive stone dragon was the closest thing Pernieth had seen to his own height still on the world, though he was not such a fool to believe that size equated power. Still, it would be interesting to see what this newcomer had to offer to a land that held everything Pernieth desired.

Mond, The Five-Headed Dragoness, Neieg - The Spinner of Tales, Cassandra - The Speaker, The Challenge Mountains

Cassandra almost blanches at the request. She should return to Pernieth and ask his council on such momentous matters. Cassandra says nothing at first, merely returning to the tree she had emerged from. She presses a hand to it, and to the other gods, it spiderwebs with light. No time to wait for the natural cycle of things, so Cassandra would give it some divine help. She relays the message to Pernieth in an instant, who responds only with "Permission.", a word that every being on the plateau can hear clearly. Cassandra drops her hand, and the tree returns to normal. She turns back to Mond. "My lord gives his blessing for your Nature Moon. When it is created, when the stone is found, he will seed it with life and power. You are the son of the Shepherd, who, misguided though he was, held the respect of Pernieth, my lord. No further proof is needed. My lord wishes also to extend to you an invitation, when your business is concluded, to visit him upon his home in the First Tree." Cassandra then falls silent, to hear what the other gods have to say.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera, The Orphaned Kings

As the first five ships of the Orphaned Kings set sail the stumps of the trees used in their construction stood as haunting tombstones to humanities ignorance. For what mortal races kept forgetting is that trees are alive - more than alive - they thought, they felt, they dreamed.

But they did not speak.

But the Sleepless Ocean thought fondly of the children of the First Tree. After all, the First Tree and it's arboreal offspring provided some of the most beautiful dreams in her waters. It were those dreams that gave power to her children of muck and silt. And dreams do not believe in death - they do not believe in the proper cycle of life. They believe in anything - for they are fantasy. And the Sleepless Ocean would not let those trees die.

As the hulls of the ship began swelling, taking in the prismatic water of Mezzethera, the seems between the pieces of lumber began to seal shut. Eventually the humans notices that every piece of wood seemed to be one - as if the entire ship was carved from a single tree. The ropes became vines, vines that were attached to to the ships as intrinsically as a human's arteries are attached to their bodies. The masts turned green, as if one giant leaf.

At the very head of the ship, the wood began to tremble and form into beautiful figure heads shaped liked voluptuous and mischievous women. The souls of the trees - their minds were merging into one. They became infused with the dreams of the Sleepless Ocean. And where Eucle was formed from the dreams of wealth, these figureheads were infused with the dreams of freedom! Dreams of great adventure! Epic dreams!

And the dreams of speech.

The figureheads began to sing, and the Humans joined them as they sailed for distant horizons.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 2

AP 1 Alter race - Trees into Sentient Pirate Ships

AP 1

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Goblin

"An advice? Yes I believe I could serve you with few." Neiag says thinking about how wonderfull addition this shall be to his legend. The Advisor of the Moonmaker. "Ask what you need."

24. - Top - End - #204

OldWizardGuy

Mond bows once again, his face lit up with elation, his stubby beastial tail waggling seemingly beyond the control of its host. Keeping one eye and one ear to the looming dragoness host, he turns towards the legend-weaver god and nature avatar before him.

"Thank you, most gracious Speaker for your service, your time and your message. I will make preparations to travel to your realm immediately. I much look forward to visiting the first tree and Pernieth. Please inform him that I will bring him the stone required in a short while, and I shall call to him from outside the tree, as to not cause undue damage to your realm." Mond states as he walks towards the speaker with an outstretched paw, an offered handshake. "For your assistance in such matters, it brings me joy to offer your deity, or yourself a suitable gift, or at the very least, a clear declaration of friendship."

"Neieg, advice-speaker, your divine presence fills me with inspiration; I most humbly request that you join me as I travel to the lands of the First Tree. A moon of omens requires words of things to come, and I presume and trust that you a being of such, one of words and information? Would you aid me in my goal? Would you travel with me? You shall not fret over the technicalities, I will handle such. All that would be required would be your company and a moment of your time." Mond nods.

"As for information, all I ask is to be informed of current events on upon the realm. Who are the divines? What have they created?" Mond tilts his head and looks to Neieg, he waits patiently and understandingly: providing a brief summary of the history and players of the playground must be no easy task.

"Ah, and before I make my leave and go with Cassandra for the First Tree, I will make my proper goodbyes with our keeper. Hopefully we may keep them in good humour for our future encounters."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Surtur

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Dwarf nods his head in approval "There can be no doubt that your race is destined for great things, already you can count yourselves blessed. However with this greatness, adversity will come. Some will be jealous of your blessings, others will simply be pushed by their desire to destroy. There are great evils... ancient evils dwelling deep within the earth, and on the surface as well. Are you and your Kin prepared to face them?"
    "We are not now prepared, but we will be. By the skills of our hands, the cunning of our minds, and the fire of our souls, we will be ready when the time comes."

Ikino
    Challenge Mountains

His business in the Burning Lands concluded, Ikino appears in a whorl of flame at his volcanic seat. "What is all this?" he grumbles, surprised at the presence of so many.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

26. - Top - End - #206

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Ikino
    Challenge Mountains

His business in the Burning Lands concluded, Ikino appears in a whorl of flame at his volcanic seat. "What is all this?" he grumbles, surprised at the presence of so many.
    The smile fades from a smile to one of suprise, as a whirl of flame singes Mond's flank.
    "If this is your realm, I do not mean to intrude, great Dragon. I have already had the honor of meeting your sister, and as I said to her, should you command it - I shall leave at once. I am new to these realms and I only seek aid and understanding." He pleads. "Great volcanic dragon, did you hear my call? I am on a quest to aquire rock to set in motion a great balancing of the world. In exchange, I would seek to ally and exchange my power for your blessing and permissions in such a manner." Mond kneels. "While this is the brief of my purpouse here, I hope that communciations can go beyond the strictly formal, as there is much strife upon the lands already."
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2015-02-08 at 03:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Halfling in the Playground

Yggdrasil The Void

Yggdrasil approached the edge of Zalsaram. Already the surface was spotted with life, oceans, and lands. She could sense divine presences beneath her, throughout the world. Instead of interfering with the creations of others she continued her journey around Zalsaram. She reached the bottom of the great beast, an area yet uninhabited by the others. Here she drew upon her powers and populated it with a vast ocean that stretched the entirety of the underside. In the center she placed a chain of islands, each with a different name and environment. It was here she would create life and test it before spreading it across Zalsaram. The islands formed a rough outline of an Ankh. The nature of the land allowed all the water nearest the land to be fresh water, however the distant oceans were salt water.

Spoiler
    Show

15 AP
    15+5 Rollover
    20-2 Create Land: Vast ocean on the underside of Zalsaram
    18-2 Create Land: The island chain of Eir
    16 AP
    Spoiler
    Show

Islands of Eir:
    Vioarr- Forest
    Hoor- Arctic
    Main - Center Island, transitions climates
    Joro - Desert
    Thor - Highland (Mountain Ranges)
    Sif - Semiarid (Plains)
    Heimdal - Jungle

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino et. al.
    Challenge Mountains

"I heard no call, but your proposition is a favorable one. I am Ikino. If you will swear to the oaths that have bound myself, Neiag, and Israken to one another, I will help you."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos shifts in his new armour, testing it's mobility and limits. After a few moments, he seems satisfied. He places a hand on the breastplate, power flowing out of it and into the armour. The Dream motes danced about, arranging themselves to perfectly suit Deimos's fighting style and body. The plates seemed to be etched to resemble scales, the gauntlets were like claws, and the sabatons like talons. The helmet, most of all, resembled the head of a dragon, completing the theme the armour had been working towards the whole time. Finally, the motes and metal solidified, glowing softly in the light of the Dream Sun.

A smile creeps across Deimos's face, and he turns to look at Eucle, nodding to him. He folds his arms across his new chestplate, glancing to Pernieth. "I agree with Pernieth. Show us this oblation..." He trailed off, not quite ready to make his final decision on the god. Though to be fair, Eucle had so far made a good impression on the Warrior-God.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    15 AP + 3 (Rollover) - 3 = 15 AP
    3 AP - Create Artifact: The Armour of Eumos. The Armour of Eumos is a suit of armour made from an alloy of bronze, iron, and dream energy. It is imbued with a great deal of power, which enables it to change it's shape and type to suit it's current wearer. No matter what kind of armour it takes the shape of, it always has draconic features, such as a pattern of scales, small ridges along the spine, a dragon-head helmet, or clawed gauntlets and boots. This is a battle artifact.

30. - Top - End - #210

Het, Surface of Demiourgia

There were the sounds of music ringing through the glade. Pipes played a dozen different tunes that Het could hear easily, with the voices of three times as many of the Cellue joining the players. Even a few of the Girron, rare in spaces like this, could be heard, adding percussion to the the tunes being played. Some of the flowers and plants were swaying to one of the particularly boisterous beats.

Het, though, sat to one side of the festivities, in a rough circle with several other Tenders. They were all second or third generation, and all had had the same visions. Seen much the same things across the world. Blood, war, death. These were not things of the Fae, which made them all the more troubling to those who gathered.with him. True, some of these new races had joined the ranks of the Song, but to Het, they were not true Tenders. He turned his attention back to the words of Kas.

“We have seen the trouble these people can make. What one of us has not seen the blood that might be spilled, the lives ended, when we close our eyes? This is not our way, but this is their way!” Each word was punctuated with fierce jabs, until the last sentence, pointing out into the distance, away at one of the growing cities.

Cities. What an idea. No longer forest glen or ancient canopy, but stone and metal. Het knew that the Girron often prefered canyons and caves to the open spaces of the Satyr, but the idea of living around so many… But what could they do?

“We must talk to HER.” The tone of his voice left no uncertainty as to whom of he spoke.

Het snorted. “There’s no way the Elders will approve of that.” There was a look in Kas’s eyes, though, and the twist of his lips as he replied.

“They won’t have to.”

Spoiler
    Show

AP 3 - 1 (Teach Concept: Tune of Life and Death) = 2
    The tune is along the lines of a musical obituary. It serves as a sort of chronicle of the deceased’s life and accomplishments, and provides a salve of sorts for the Fae, that death or war, they might be remembered still.
    Oh, and Mianmi got a new A DCM last DR up.