New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[outside]

Quote Originally Posted by Hyozo View Post
    If somebody is paying attention, they might notice a quiet noise. After a few repetitions they may be able to recognize it as a quiet voice, and once or twice more as a cry for help. Of course, by this point it is only a coule of moments before a small figure stumbles out of the woods surrounding the camp, cradling one arm in the other.
    The young gardner, Taurus, who happens to be tending a part of the cactus fence near the woods, overhears. And rushes to see what is the matter!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

[outside]

When Taurus gets there he'll a girl in her young teenage years who appears to both injured and exhausted. He probably doesn't recognize Holly, and she doesn't recognize him, but she will turn to him and say "Help..."
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

He doesn't, but he'll quicky try to scoop the exhausted and injured girl up into his arms.

If successful, he'll rush her to the Infirmary, where a (six months pregnant) Quinn will look up in surprise!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1354

[Still outside]

Holly will try to evade him scooping her up, but end up falling face first on the ground. "Is this... Did I..."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

"You're at the Good League of Good. You're safe now," he says, pausing, and reaching out to try and help Holly up, not wanting to frighten the poor girl further.

...a plotcloned Jamie, meanwhile, happens to be running in their general direction.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #1356

[outside]

"I made it? Not a trick?" she'll ask, accepting his help.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

And so he'll help her up. "Not a trick, Miss..."

"...HOLLY! What happened?!"
    Jamie, needless to say, is frantic!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1358

[outside]

"Jamie?" she asks. Her voice seems to cheer up a bit at the sight of her friend, but not before she cringes in pain as the arm she had been cradling falls to her side as she stands.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

"Yeah, it's me - what happened to you Holly?!"
    Jamie is wide-eyed and shocked, and now, the two of them will try to steer Holly in the Infirmary's direction.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1360

[outside -> infirmary]

Holly will walk with them towards the infirmary, she knows she needs to go there. "I was in Inside... looking for leads... An elf told me she had seen him... I thought I could trust her... she told me where to go... Horrible place... I escaped... Just ran... wound up here..."

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside > Infirmary]

"Oh gods...Holly...I'm sorry. I should have been there..."
    Jamie starts looking upset (more so), while Taurus says nothing, but merely plots the Death of an Elf.
    And when they reach the Infirmary, Quinn hurries over. "What happened!"
    Jamie will explain so that Holly doesn't have to.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Down the road towards GLoG careens and stumbles a tall, ungainly fellow with mottled brown-grey skin, a pair of crudely built wings strapped to his back via a complex harness. The crude glider is made of canvas and plywood, the right wing snapped nearly in two and dragging by a thread behind the half-hob as he makes his way towards the campground.

The would-be aeronaut wears a finned helmet, eyes obscured by thick, dark lenses glasses, clad in thick hide clothing. He's quite scraped up, shallow cuts running across his face and arms, but despite having quite obviously crashed right into the ground recently, he wears the goofy grin of someone who's on top of the world. Sure, he crashed, but for about half a second there he was flying. And that was totally worth hitting the ground face-first.

Unless someone stops him, the aeronaut will stumble drunkenly up to the main cabin and rap on knock door. He has no freaking idea where he just landed, so this seems as nice a place as any to ask for directions.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-12-03 at 03:01 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1363

[infirmary]

When Holly arrives in the infirmary she will almost immediately pass out on one of the beds. When Quinn looks her over she should be able to tell that most of Holly's injuries are minor scrapes and bruises, likely due to carelessness while fleeing, but she is almost severely dehydrated, and her left arm is broken.

((deadtime))

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Cabin 8]

"It seems strangeness follows me around. When I was Exalted, I had never been to Creation - it was unprecedented for an extrauniversal Exaltation to take place," Shrike observes, taking a deep gulp of her own rum. "I don't remember ever visiting in the old days, but...well, I don't remember everything. And it's entirely possible it hasn't even happend yet. Malfeas, for all I know learning this is what makes me do it!"
    Sophie appears much more calm than Shrike, trying to take this new development apart with logic.
    Well, we don't know if you have anything to do it. Just that Exalted were involved, somehow. Which raises a lot of questions in itself, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

"Don't you get claustrophobic?" Myrim's really curious; she's used to wide, open spaces or extremely roomy palaces, and hasn't spent much time anywhere which didn't fall into one of those two catagories.
    Brinika scowls. What's "claustrophobic"? She's never heard this word before. It's not like goblins would need it either.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-12-03 at 08:28 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

*pokes somebody to the Main Cabin*

===

Outside, Jamie still waits on Kevin.

===

In the Infirmary, plotcloned Jamie and Quinn set to work applying antiseptic to the scratches on Holly's arms, as Quinn splints the broken arm and then casts a healing spell to (duh) try and heal it.

===

In Cabin 8, Shrike decides not to protest that she knows her Essence when she sees it. And so simply nods, tossing back the rest of her drink.
    "It does. When, why, and how...and where has all the rum gone..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

The door is opened by Reelshka, the goblin lady in a classy hat. Welcome to the Good League of Good, how may we help you?

[Cabin 8]

Let's try to analyze it logically. As logically as you can after downing as much alcohol as Shrike has. We need to compare... well, you and me and look for patterns. All I know about Hunters is: we come from a world where monsters hide in the shadows, with majority of the population unaware, and those few who do know about them either serving them or fighting them. We Imbued were chosen by mysterious beings called the Messengers to fight back as well. We had the truth revealed to us and we were given powers. Noone is sure what the criteria are, but it seems that the Messengers pick people of strong convictions and their beliefs carry over into the hunt.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-12-03 at 02:38 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Main Cabin

The half-hob stares at Reelshka's hat for a moment, totally spaced out, before finally realizing he was just asked a question. "I'm, uh, lost as hell. I sorta crashed a few miles down the road while testing out my new wings, an I can't find this place on any of my maps. On the plus side, I was flying for a whole two minutes! I actually achieved non-magical flight!" He says, breaking into a huge grin at this last bit. Sure he totally crashed and burned, destroying his flying machine in the process, but the minor concussion was totally worth being the first mortal to fly without the aid of magic!

He's gonna be really disappointed once he finds out.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-12-03 at 03:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Shrike runs a hand through her white-tipped red hair, and sighs, shaking her head. "For Exalts, the monsters are out in the open - demons, raksha, Underworld denizens. Everyone knows of them and many traffic with them. The Exalted are empowered by the Incarnae - the Unconquered Sun, Luna, and the Five Maidens - to govern, to rule, and to defend those who cannot defend themselves against rogue supernatural beings, forces of nature, and et-cetera. Solars are chosen based on the potential for great heroism."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Main Cabin

The half-hob stares at Reelshka's hat for a moment, totally spaced out, before finally realizing he was just asked a question. "I'm, uh, lost as hell. I sorta crashed a few miles down the road while testing out my new wings, an I can't find this place on any of my maps. On the plus side, I was flying for a whole two minutes! I actually achieved non-magical flight!" He says, breaking into a huge grin at this last bit. Sure he totally crashed and burned, destroying his flying machine in the process, but the minor concussion was totally worth being the first mortal to fly without the aid of magic!

He's gonna be really disappointed once he finds out.
    Uh... well, you landed near the Good League of Good, the organization within the Nexus devoted to works of charity and rehabilitation. But I doubt this is where you indended to land.

[Cabin 8]

Shrike runs a hand through her white-tipped red hair, and sighs, shaking her head. "For Exalts, the monsters are out in the open - demons, raksha, Underworld denizens. Everyone knows of them and many traffic with them. The Exalted are empowered by the Incarnae - the Unconquered Sun, Luna, and the Five Maidens - to govern, to rule, and to defend those who cannot defend themselves against rogue supernatural beings, forces of nature, and et-cetera. Solars are chosen based on the potential for great heroism."
    Hm. Sophie is silent for a moment. There's disagreement among the Imbued as to whether we're supposed to lead humanity or not. Personally, I think we're supposed to elevate it rather than subjugate it. Still, the parallels are there. But we still don't know how it all ties together.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"No...and I think I'd remember doing something like that. So it must be something that happens in my future but your past...or something like that." Shrike sighs. ""I hate temporal mechanics. There's a similar debate among Exalts - some believe we should rule as gods in our own right, while others believe in elevating the mortals quietly so that they no longer need us in the end."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1371

Main Room

"Er, well, I wasn't really planning on landing anywhere in particular, I didn't really plan that far ahead." The aeronaut mutters sheepishly, scratching his charcoal black hair. "But no, I don't even think I've heard of the Nexus... He pauses for a moment, considering the implications of being stranded in an unknown land, far away from his home and everyone he knows. "Which means I've discovered an entirely new country! I'm gonna be famous! Twice!"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-12-03 at 03:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"No...and I think I'd remember doing something like that. So it must be something that happens in my future but your past...or something like that." Shrike sighs. ""I hate temporal mechanics. There's a similar debate among Exalts - some believe we should rule as gods in our own right, while others believe in elevating the mortals quietly so that they no longer need us in the end."
    Personally, I think helping normal people throw off monstrous opression only to rule them instead is hypocritical. And assuming we're better just because we have powers is simply arrogant. That said, most of our powers just don't work on normal people. Sophie shakes her head. But this isn't really the time for a philosophical debate. It does seem like my past is your future, as little sense as it makes. Sometime in your future, the Exalted will either make the Messengers, become the Messengers or maybe those gods you mentioned will become the Messengers and empower mortals again, on another world.

Main Room

"Er, well, I wasn't really planning on landing anywhere in particular, I didn't really plan that far ahead." The aeronaut mutters sheepishly, scratching his charcoal black hair. "But no, I don't even think I've heard of the Nexus... Which means I've discovered an entirely new country! I'm gonna be famous! Twice!"
    Yeees... Reelshka mutters, eyeing the newcomer. This... country has been around a while, though. So it's not a new discovery.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Outside the Main Cabin

"Well, obviously, but until an actual explorer finds someplace, it hasn't really been discovered." Obviously. If these people don't even understand how discovering new lands works, well, that doesn't exactly bode well for the general state of civilization here. "I mean, nearly every new country has people living there already, but they don't count. It's all a matter of who find who first, an who's more civilized." The aeronaut explains patiently. The poor fellow probably doesn't even realize that he's being patronizing.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-12-03 at 04:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Yup."
    Oh hey, there's the rum!
    And Shrike refills her shot glass before offering Sophie a refill.
    "The gods? Most of them could care less as long as they get to enjoy the Games of Divinity. And that wasn't divine Essence I saw. That was Exalted Essence...my Essence. So here's to you kid." She raises her glass in a slightly mocking toast. "Your life is all screwed up, and it's my fault. Cheers."
    Bottoms up!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

"Well, obviously, but until an actual explorer finds someplace, it hasn't really been discovered." Obviously. If these people don't even understand how discovering new lands works, well, that doesn't exactly bode well for the general state of civilization here. "I mean, nearly every new country has people living there already, but they don't count. It's all a matter of who find who first, an who's more civilized." The aeronaut explains patiently. The poor fellow probably doesn't even realize that he's being patronizing.
    Reelshka scowls. Are you aware you're being insulting?

[Cabin 8]

"Yup."
    Oh hey, there's the rum!
    And Shrike refills her shot glass before offering Sophie a refill.
    "The gods? Most of them could care less as long as they get to enjoy the Games of Divinity. And that wasn't divine Essence I saw. That was Exalted Essence...my Essence. So here's to you kid." She raises her glass in a slightly mocking toast. "Your life is all screwed up, and it's my fault. Cheers."
    Bottoms up!
    It's wonderful to know just what turned my life upside down a couple of years back, I have to admit. But hey. I'm still alive after those years. Not all Hunters get this lucky. Sophie takes a shot of her rum. So it looks like either Exalted became... or will become... Messengers or make them somehow if you say the gods are unlikely to be involved.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Yeah, but, the question is, why?" Shrike says, setting down her empty glass. "We're not the type to make other people do our dirty work, aft'r all."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Sophie rubs the back of her head.
    You're Exalted, not I... Still, the most obvious possibility is that they couldn't interfere directly. Maybe they've changed somehow or my world is just fundamentally different from yours.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Outside the Main Cabin

"I, er... As I said, it's, well it's really just a matter of, er, which country discovers the other first. After all, if someone from this "Nexus" place had crashed into Auristein, well, then it would be us who were the primitive barbarians an not.. this.. place... Uh, which is in no way meant to imply that you are primitive barbarians, I mean... By the spirits this guy is good at digging his own grave! ... Sorry, I guess I didn't realize that I was being rude?"

Well, that's probably about as close as he's gonna get to a proper answer.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"It's when you're in a small space and you start to panic and have difficulty breathing and get really flustered and so on." Myrim's explanation is somewhat awkward; she's not used to having to explain the word.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Maybe. I guess now we have the inevitable result of a study," Shrike chuckles sardonically. "'Further study reccomended'?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew