New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

AMEN Kitchen

"You take that back!" Stu shouts, waving his flamethrower around threateningly.

[Ilpholin's Phone/Room]

"Quite. But I've always got room on my schedule for someone who's not getting enough... assistance." Unlike Harnel, Ilpholin's inflections make her meaning quite clear.

"I can meet you at the Golden Flagon Tavern in Eastside."

[Ilpholin's Office]

Ilpholin's not always in her office you know. Sometimes she's in her room or out doing things.

Granted, even if Ilph's not in her office, Isabelle's just going to come back later at a time when she is.

"Come in." Ilpholin says, the door opening. Inside, Ilpholin has set up a training dummy in the corner. But her attention right now is drawn to the two headed bear. It's a good thing she had the extra large doorframe put in for those larger members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

Well sadly Isabelle lacks any means of keeping track of Ilpholin's position, and if she had some way of doing so, Ilpholin probably wouldn't approve.

So yes, she's restricted to just knocking on the office door periodically until Ilphy is in.

"Come on Wallace!" She says in a rather cheerful tone of voice to the bear, who obediently follows her in as she takes a seat. "Ah yes, Ilpholin, this is Wallace. He's my new friend. Don't stroke him, his fur would tear your hand to shreds."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Phone]

"It's not that sort of assistance, Ilpholin," Harnel says, his voice full of mirth. He knew something like that would come up, "I can meet you there in two hours, if that's alright."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Isabelle]

Ilpholin nods to Wallace. "Hello Wallace. Welcome to AMEN." Ilpholin does find him cute, but not super-squee worthy cute. That's inversely proportional to size and the bears just too big to snatch up and cuddle!

Having some sort of flesh ripping fur probably discourages that sort of action as well.

[Ilpholin's Phone/Room]

Well what's the point of the risk then? "Fine..." Better not be some demon based trap. Hmph.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Phone]

"See you there, then," and Harnel will hang up. He'll unfortunately be about ten minutes late to arrive at the tavern, so you should post there first.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    He nods slowly. As am I, Ms. Megan. As am I... He moves over to the rest of the junk, rearranging the pile into a small model of Megan. Let's see, I'm a half-golem....I'm vegetarian...I enjoy a nice breakfast in the morning....hm...Oh yeah, I should be dead...I live forever....hm...That's about it!
    BioLab
    "Excuse me, but how can you be "half"-golem? A golem is a wizard-made creature, typically made of stone, that usually doesn't have a will of its own...and you don't seem to be that."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1297

[Ilpholin's Office]

Wallace's left head grunts.

Wallace's right head sniffs.

Isabelle puts on a metal gauntlet with leather padding inside and pats the bear's heads. "He's going to be accompanying me everywhere to help keep me safe. Between the crazy flower guy probably wanting revenge on me and Shayan's plants wanting to eat me for lunch, I figured a little extra protection may be a good idea."

Wallace's heads growl approvingly at the head-pats. Aside from being absurdly large, the bear has extremely dark fur, and each head has different coloured eyes. One set a rather bright green, the other a rather dark red. It's a safe bet that Isabelle has probably toughened up Wallace's claws and teeth and goodness knows what else.

"I didn't come knocking just to show off Wallace, though I am quite proud of him. Rather, I was wondering if my next project might be of some use to AMEN."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

The left head should be Wallace, the right one should be Gromit.

"Are you made of nutrients for plants or something?"

"And are you suggesting a project in particular or asking for ideas for one?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #1299

But two names for one bear would be confusing!

"Well, um, there's this one type of plant she has that eats people's brains. So...that thing seemed to think I'd be pretty tasty. It tried to eat Cedric too." It had all been a thoroughly unpleasant experience! "But, um, my next project is going to be with rats. Specifically making them capable of literally eating anything. They shall have the most powerful digestive system the world has ever seen! Nothing will be able to withstand their stomachs of steel!" Isabelle shouts excitedly, a broad grin on her face.

...and then a moment later she's back to her normal smile.

"So, yeah, I figured they might be useful as waste disposal in the kitchen. They'll be nice and clean of course, not filthy and smelly like the inadequate rats that plague the world."

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

No less than two heads are.

"Well, err, I'm sure we can find some use for them, yes. Even if it is just kitchen waste disposal." A rather underwhelming proposition from Ilpholin's viewpoint. She'd rather have more of the two-headed bears. Ah well. There's bound to be some hidden use for the rats above and beyond janitorial duty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #1301

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    AMEN Kitchen

"You take that back!" Stu shouts, waving his flamethrower around threateningly.
    "The making out with bees part or the being an innocent little sunshine factory?"

Magtok grins.

""I dunno, they both sound pretty dead-on to me, Stu."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Roxanne]

Six to nine people? That's a lot.

"Megan's always reliable for equipment and might go too. And take Harley. She's our intern and needs some experience. If she has to kill or torture someone along the way, all the better."

As for Dipsnig, he's not particularly amiable as it is, doesn't fall anywhere near Ilpholin's definition of attractiveness, and he failed to even attempt a rather simple mission she gave NO. Probably doesn't help he's a council member too. It seems a simple and beneficial way to spite him really.

True. Six to nine people is more than a lot. Hmm... Four to six would be so much easier to manage. I'm thinking sn, Zefir, and maybe Surtr would want to get involved on CURATOR's behalf so that's 2-3. Then you, Mahonri, and maybe MF from AMEN. You're welcome to rp as Rein too, if you want. And if I divide everyone into groups of two, it should go much, much faster than having 6 one person groups or 1 six person group.

One of my PCs that hired NO for a job was gonna betray Dipsnig a long, long time ago, but the plot froze up and LadyofWar disappeared so no backstabbing happened.

"Thanks for the assist, boss. I'll contact the members you recommended without delay. So, is there anything else you wanted to discuss with me?"

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room #2 - Zefir's Clarissa]

A cold shiver runs down his neck as if he was smited and resurrected. he still tilts his head to the side .

"I never had a pet. I have no idea where I could get such special stuff."

"..."

"You've never had a pet?"

Clarissa stares at Zefir in disbelief. He's never had a pet... That's kinda sad. Good thing she gave him a dragon! He'll experience unconditional affection from it! And he'll experience his first d'aww moment! Unless he's dealt with babies before...

Should benefit him in the long run regardless.

"You drive to a pet shop to purchase items for pets. And you drive to a vet if your pet gets sick. Pet shops and vets are all over the place because so many people have pets. I, um, have some pet-care supplies already in my room. Like bones. And a pet bed 'cause it was on sale and I was tired and bought two of the same thing by accident."

"Marrow is a tasty snack! And I'm trying not to eat people anymore so I need food on hand at all times!"

Clarissa rubs the back of her head sheepishly. Heh. She had hoped nobody'd ever ask about her experience with pet shops. She ordinarily went hunting to stockpile food but she was picking up items for her puppy and they were right there so...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Room #1 - Becky's Clarissa]

Becky gives Clarrisa a wink, and stretches as she stands, providing a mighty fine view the way her bodysuit is cut. 'Why, thanks, Clarissa dear. And you don't need to worry about getting away with it on my account," she drawled, winking, before heading through the portal!
    [Main Room #1 - Becky's Clarissa]

Clarissa appreciates the grand view.

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay never worked with you before, partner."

Clarissa smirks as she tails Becky through the portal, eyeing her like a kid at the county fair eyeing a balloon or a starving horse eyeing a carrot. I think it is safe to say that their adventure at Sitar's Strings will leave every human supremacist within a five mile radius either clawing their eyes out or jumping ship. They aren't a precision weapon. They're the bomb.

((You wanna post there first?))

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

[Becky and Clarissa Explain It All]

And off they go!

(Nah, you post first - I'm rubbish at starting scenes. )

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kitchen, near the fridge

Harley the Shapeshifter sticks out her tongue at Stu the Flamethrowin' Flower, and she laughs at what Magtok says.

Then in a not-really-an-apology, she says "I'm sure you're all big and bad and evil and all, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't turn into you."

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"..."

"You've never had a pet?"

Clarissa stares at Zefir in disbelief. He's never had a pet... That's kinda sad. Good thing she gave him a dragon! He'll experience unconditional affection from it! And he'll experience his first d'aww moment! Unless he's dealt with babies before...

Should benefit him in the long run regardless.

"You drive to a pet shop to purchase items for pets. And you drive to a vet if your pet gets sick. Pet shops and vets are all over the place because so many people have pets. I, um, have some pet-care supplies already in my room. Like bones. And a pet bed 'cause it was on sale and I was tired and bought two of the same thing by accident."

"Marrow is a tasty snack! And I'm trying not to eat people anymore so I need food on hand at all times!"

Clarissa rubs the back of her head sheepishly. Heh. She had hoped nobody'd ever ask about her experience with pet shops. She ordinarily went hunting to stockpile food but she was picking up items for her puppy and they were right there so...

Zefir tilts his head. She bought two of the same? Woman... he never get's their purchase addiction. As for the pet thing. He came from a world where magic is natural so animals are magical as well. Back then he hated all magic.

"Eh, yeah. I think I figured that out, that with the pet stores and the vet, but aren't dragons... uncommon? It's not like I see dragons around here every day or such."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1306

"Hmm, you sound rather...unimpressed." Isabelle frowns, she'd thought they'd be quite useful. They'd never have to worry about any sort of waste again! The rats could eat it all!

Oh, and she could probably adjust things so their faeces would make for excellent fertilizer.

Isabelle makes a mental note of that idea for later.

"I suppose I could always put the rat project on hold if there's something else you'd prefer me to work on."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's... useful, but we do kind of already pay our rainbow henchmen for that purpose." They are the rats that manage waste disposal!

Ilpholin considers some of the things she's been planning.
    "Hmmm... how small of a creature have you worked with before?"

"No that's it. You may go." Ilpholin says.

Kitchen, near the fridge

"Here's something else dead-on to you." Stu says FWOOSHing a spurt of flame at Magtok. Not a steady stream, but just enough to catch his robes on fire.

Harley gets a pass though, as Stu finds her not-quite apology barely acceptable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1308

"Pay them to do other things? I'm sure there's more worthwhile tasks they could be set than handling the waste. As for small creatures, well, I was pondering something involving ants, and I've done things with one or two other insects before. But, um, they've all just involved making it bigger." Isabelle lets out a rather awkward laugh. She's been a bit of a one-trick pony with really small stuff.

Sometimes she made them bigger and then did other things to them, but it was always bigger first.

"I suppose I could make something bigger, then figure out how to do other stuff to it, then do that to the regular small ones."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Pixie in the Playground

And with that, Roxanne will render a hand salute and take her leave. She's got an email to write! Then, she'll recruit people!

-------

Purchase addictions! I don't get them either!

So let me get this straight. Every animal in Zefir's home universe is a magical animal?

"You're right. Dragons aren't common. But they aren't rare either. If they were rare, we'd have fewer sword-swinging half-dragons running this way and that."

"I can heal the dragon for you so that you don't need to hire a vet whose expertise is dragon-care. That should help you save money. And if you can't locate a pet store that sells fireproof dragon-toys, order them online from a trustworthy online distributor."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-09-28 at 04:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310

Kitchen, near the fridge => Elsewhere

Well shoot, looks like Maggy's robe is on fire. That's terribly inconvenient, isn't it? Luckily for our cyborg, he's been on fire before, so he knows how to approach putting out the flames without looking like a complete-

"AAAAAAUGH!"

...Nevermind. Looks like he just panics, screams, flails, opens up a portal to some lake miles away, and then dives right in. The portal closes behind him, and...and I guess that's the last we're seeing of Magtok for a while, I guess? He left his Diet Coke behind though, so presumably he'll be back soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #1311

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Failing Puns.

[Kitchen, near the fridge

"Here's something else dead-on to you." Stu says FWOOSHing a spurt of flame at Magtok. Not a steady stream, but just enough to catch his robes on fire.

Harley gets a pass though, as Stu finds her not-quite apology barely acceptable.
    Kitchen, Near the Fridge

Harley waves 'Goodbye' to Magtok, before the portal closes. Not that he likely saw her. Usually, when one is on fire, one doesn't notice people waving at them.

The shapechanger changes the subject before Stu can change his mind about not burning her. "So...what attracted you to flamethrowers? There's so many other cooler weapons. Like an Ice Ray."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-28 at 10:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

"Cause it burns things, duh." Stu says, going to snatch the Diet Cola and guzzle it. Which by and large consists of pouring it on himself.

"Also it's just what Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins built for me. That or a Gatling gun." Stu shrugs. He likes the flamethrower really.

"Well, I have an idea that might be of interest." Ilpholin says, before pulling the PM curtain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1313

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

Nodding, Harley agrees. "Good point. Flamethrowers are so much better than Gatling guns," she says.

Harley waits for an explanation why Stu just poured Diet Cola on him.

Being a little impatient, the woman who needs some nefarious plans decides to just ask. "Why did you pour that on you? Don't you know that it's really disgusting and could maybe cause cancer?" Everything causes cancer.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Purchase addictions! I don't get them either!

So let me get this straight. Every animal in Zefir's home universe is a magical animal?

"You're right. Dragons aren't common. But they aren't rare either. If they were rare, we'd have fewer sword-swinging half-dragons running this way and that."

"I can heal the dragon for you so that you don't need to hire a vet whose expertise is dragon-care. That should help you save money. And if you can't locate a pet store that sells fireproof dragon-toys, order them online from a trustworthy online distributor."

"I already know a shop for fireproof things. I wonder if they have dragon suplies."

His mind drifts away as he thinks of typical dragon toys. His mind creates a Zefir-Puppet. A cold shiver runs down his neck and he tries to shake it away befor his attention goes back to Clariss.

"I think that's something I should handle well. And don't worry about my money I had some good things running during AMEN's bad times."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

"How else am I supposed to drink it?" It's true. The flower has no mouth.

Still...

"Cancer?!"
    "Get it off, get it off!!" Stu starts trying to brush the soda off him, but it's not very effective.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1316

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

New flash! I just read up somewhere that Diet Cola does not, in fact, contain a carcinogenic material. However, there is correlation between heavy use of artificial sweeteners (which diet drinks have) and cancer. (But correlation doesn't imply causation. For all we know, potential cancer victims just like the taste of artificial sweeteners.)

Rather than laughing or helping, Harley looks thoughtful. Ponderous. Like she's ruminating, or something.

"Although..." Hmm, she thinks. "That might only apply to people. I've never seen a flower with cancer. Maybe they're immune to cancer, like they are to AIDS and Smallpoxs."

She sighs, and looks back at the frantic Stu. "What do you think? Are flowers immune to cancer or not?"

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

"How would I know?!" Stu's no doctor of medicine, only of love.

"Quick! We need a counter-agent!"
    Whatever's the opposite of diet cola, obviously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1318

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

Harley thinks faster!

Darn it, Harley, why didn't you pay attention in Chemistry class? Surely in Chem 1010, they mentioned how to counterreact soda! All she can think about is the time that they put Mentos in the cola...or was that vinegar? She can't remember.

The Shapeshifter starts to frantically look through the cupboards, for a pack of mentos. Or maybe it was really Baking Soda. Yes, that sounds right. Baking soda and Diet Cola. Diet Cola's a slight acid, so Baking Soda should counteract it, right?

She finds a box of Baking Soda with Extra Evil!. "Found it! Baking soda. It's, like, the opposite of Diet Cola." Turning around, she tosses the box towards Stu.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen, Near the Fridge

A baking soda with extra evil? I guess if it keeps giving in to its.... base desires.

Stu catches the box and then proceeds to pour the white powder all over himself. Pour pour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1320

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: You're so punny.

Kitchen, near Fridge

The Baking Soda will neutralize the acid, turning into small amounts of salt and water. It will also make the diet soda be effectively disappeared! Huzzah! Stu has no more reason to fear.

"Oh! It worked." She sounds mildly surprised, as compared to Jalepenho Pepper surprised. Usually, when things make chemical reactions, they blow up or they cause blinding lights or they freeze your hand off. "Yay!"