New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Indeed. And speaking of massive threads, it looks like we are nearing "that time" again. Anyone have a suggestion for the naming of the next thread?

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: KARNAK!

Sigfried seems to like it.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Strikeout I: The Phantom Comma

Oh no!! Siggy Greg Stunt some kid's hometown has been demolished!!!11 I did not see this coming, nor did I notice the similarities with this plot twist to Final Fantasy II Final Fantasy IV Final Fantasy XDisney's Mulan Any Dragon Quest game Order of The Stick: Start of Darkness Lord of the Rings The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time half of all media ever made!!!11one

^Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: I'm Too Sexy For This Cave
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-10-01 at 12:05 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post

I second that.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Am I the only one in here who actually liked Battle for Barthis?
    I think BfB's main fault is being so closely followed by the War in Hell, both in real life chronology and in-story chronology. It isn't that bad by itself, and has its good moments, but it's hard to forget that it's not part of the War in Hell and all that implies.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    A question: If none of you like DD, why did you make three massive threads about it. I mean, I have my problems with it (characters suddenly switching moralities, Gregories existence, period.) but I still like it overall, you guys appear to outright hate it, so why read it?
    I've contested for a long time that we all love the comic strip. We just also think it's poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Hey, that's 27 massive threads, mister.
    26 massive threads and one really massive thread.

*nod nod*

On today's: What's the point of showing demon Karnak? Normally this sort of thing is supposed to show his emotional reactions to the memories. So, I guess he thinks the memories are silly, which is why he's making goofy faces?

At least it's characterization.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Also, kind of wondering why they'd burn down tents. They're tents. Not even particularly large tents, just your standard three sticks and a cover from the looks of it. It's either that or I'm vastly misinterpreting the source of those wiggly lines in the back.
    Callanians: So evil they'll burn down tents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1266

Thirded, motion carries.

On the comic itself: Have we not seen enough of the Callanians killing orcs that one time?

7. - Top - End - #1267

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Thirded, motion carries.

On the comic itself: Have we not seen enough of the Callanians killing orcs that one time?
    One can never have too many dead orcs.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

8. - Top - End - #1268

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    It's true! I mean, any time Orc Death Land fills up, they turn into grass! It's a perpetual cycle!

Also, I will fourth "KARNAK!" as the next title, since I doubt we'll be out of hell before the next thread starts.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #1269

Battle for Barthis had some decent characterizations (I liked Siggy's bit in particular.) The main problem is that a lot of the plot points were just inane, particularly the semirandom "nobody can own more than one business" law.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Battle for Barthis had some decent characterizations (I liked Siggy's bit in particular.) The main problem is that a lot of the plot points were just inane, particularly the semirandom "nobody can own more than one business" law.
    Serk's entire plan was moronic - particularly how it turned out he was behind everything evil that had happened to that point.

No, it's not really a spoiler; Mookie just decided to make Serk responsible without any foreshadowing or foresight. Amusingly, he does this same trick again in a subsequent Arc
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

What's the point of showing flashbacks that Karnak only seems mildly annoyed by? Seriously, this is boring. This is too boring to even snark. So Karnak left the Tienchak and they all died while he was away, big deal, we knew that already.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

My thoughts on today's comic are represented in what is probably my most shameless slay yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

I also agree with KARNAK! as the next thread title.

13. - Top - End - #1273

NecromancerGuy

...I'm so confused right now by your slay, Trazoi.

What's so shameless about it other than the confusion and, erm... formatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    It's one of the better arcs. Each of the individual elements is silly or stupid, but it involves a large number of the major cast in ways that advance their characters. If Dom and Luna's stupid substory was heavily toned back or dropped then it would be one of my top favourites.
    This. I really liked the duel. Donovan and Quilt were awesome, and the Maestro was funny. The orcs were fine by then, and I liked Grench's introduction. Gregory was at his best. The concert was a nice pay-off.
    I didn't care much for Serk Brakkis. Somehow, Dominic's revenge came off as cute (Melna thought so, too), though most of that part was just... kinda forced.
    The ring? Meh, kinda stupid, but I guess a good Deus Ex Machina for making Barthis rich (which I can forgive, because it gave us Two Thief).

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    A question: If none of you like DD, why did you make three massive threads about it. I mean, I have my problems with it (characters suddenly switching moralities, Gregories existence, period.) but I still like it overall, you guys appear to outright hate it, so why read it?
    A bit late on this one, but still. I read and snark DD because it's fun. Really, there isn't much else to it.
    DD is this wonderful combination of naive, promising and incompetent. I don't hate DD - really, that'd be just stupid - but I find the comic's shortcomings both fun and interesting to study. The unfortunate implications, the plotholes, the character derailments, all that jazz. Who knows, if my eyes are opened enough, I might avoid making any glaring mistakes in my own comic.
    Also, "No, Adrak! No, my brother!" Seriously? *snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Callanians: So evil they'll burn down tents.
    Hahaha! Dunno why, but this just made my morning. Thank you!

On today's comic: Is this recapping, or are we actually supposed to learn something new? I'm not... really sure myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

15. - Top - End - #1275

I know the next thread's title has been pretty much decided, but I still want to nominate "Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: No, my brother!" or maybe "Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: MY BROTHER!". Just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Castel; 2010-10-01 at 04:19 AM. Reason: you saw nothing!
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Barbarian in the Playground

My thoughts on today's comic are represented in what is probably my most shameless slay yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

I also agree with KARNAK! as the next thread title.
    SBaHJ + DD= Trazoi wins a cookie

I'd love to see a SBaHJifation of DD's "plot".
    Last edited by Rustic Dude; 2010-10-01 at 05:08 AM.
    Wait, what signature?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

Panel one shows that if you eat enough demon you'll get constipated.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    But they're not new dead orcs! They are the same dead orcs! The tragedy that was a bunch of orcs dying is so terrible in the Dominion that multiple characters have to flash back to the same event multiple times!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, kind of wondering why they'd burn down tents. They're tents. Not even particularly large tents, just your standard three sticks and a cover from the looks of it. It's either that or I'm vastly misinterpreting the source of those wiggly lines in the back.
    Maybe it was a distraction.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, this is a minor complaint, but I want to get it out of my system.

WHY DOES HUMAN KARNAK HAVE HORNS!

I thought it was just bad art previously, but checking back, no, horns. Is there a reason that I've forgotten? Is it just absurdly stupid?
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Karnak's horn are just part of his headgear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

22. - Top - End - #1282

He duct taped horns onto his head. Why did he do that other than the obvious symbolism? I have no idea, since orcs don't have horns. Maybe they're supposed to be tusks... that's on his head.

Karnak was a slow kid, doncha know?

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Strikeout I: The Phantom Comma

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: I'm Too Sexy For This Cave
    This.

This is the title of the next thread.

All other answers are invalid.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-10-01 at 09:06 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

"From Hell's art, I snark at thee..." maybe?

"Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: KARNAK! From Hell's art, I snark at thee" is incidentally the maximum amount of characters for a thread title.

SYMBOLISM!

Warlord Moustache set them on fire. At night. It was hilarious.

No-one was on guard. Because orcs are stupid. And Maltak's topology does not favour watchers.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-10-01 at 10:44 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would one need a distraction in Maltak?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

To us they may look like worthless tents but to the Orcs they were their homes! Each tent was hand sewed from long-chewed fibers remains of the fearful leafy beasts of Maltak. An Orc's worth was measured by the size of his tent. The chiefs had luxurious three-Orc tent, the well-to-do had a one-Orc tent fit to contain a family and the poor and disenchanted had to do with their threadbare grass pillowcase, inherited from generation to generation time without end.

The Callanians, those monsters! have annihilated both past and future for the poor, helpless Tienchikas. Those Orcs could no longer hide in their tenthouses from enemy Orc invaders. Defenceless, they have become. And as memory fades into legend which ... they lost their place in history as their material possessions and memory-weeds were no longer there to anchor them to their forefathers' legacy.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Dominic Deegan && SBaHJ = this monstrosity

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...I'm so confused right now by your slay, Trazoi.

What's so shameless about it other than the confusion and, erm... formatting.
    Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "From Hell's art, I snark at thee..." maybe?

"Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVIII: KARNAK! From Hell's art, I snark at thee" is incidentally the maximum amount of characters for a thread title.
    Classy. I like it. I loved Wrath of Kahn.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    I still don't understand what's so shameless about it... However, I'm slightly amused by the fact that "tak" means "thank you" in Danish. This adds a both horrible and humorous interpretation to the second panel of the slay (but is probably only funny to me ).
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

In Scots every word in Ilka Tuk Tak has a meaning.

Ilka means each or every,

Tuk means to gather

and Tak means thorn, nail or tack.

So, in a quite literal sense, it means "To gather every thorn."

Mystery solved.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #1290

Imp

the tent ruse was a.....

DISTACTION
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.