New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Man, [IC]

Dinfale's eyes widened at the lush plant life now filling the whole earth. "Amazing!" he said. Turning towards Nordul he gave a deep bow. "Well done, son. Well done. It is most glorious!" Then, like a child, Dinfale leapt away to see the new sights.

Spoiler
    Show
    Was all 12 ap necessary? seems like a bit much for the alter land option.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Birds all over the world were at first frightened by the strange intrusions into the sky - plant's tethered by long vines stretched into the sky, they bore fruits that kept them afloat. Yet the fruits of the gas garden provided fantastic and marvelous nests and habitats for the birds, and when away from the Feathered Throne birds would usually fly to these gas gardens as they became a cornucopia of colors. Suloea clucked in distaste, the sky was meant to be pure, but there was a lot of sky - this small intrusion was a welcome boon to her subjects and she was willing to allow them this small pleasure. But should they stretch higher - sooner or later Suloea will no longer acquiescent.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-13 at 12:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

Drexoroth sailed the sea, his crew of twelve men proving useful due to their amohibious qualities. But, his father did something that is not acceptable. He has been trying to scare humans into doing what he beleives is right. Although Drexoroth despises needless cruelty and hatred, he can not stand for the gods to stop the humans freedom. He sails to where his father is meeting with two others of the four early ones, his uncles. "Father, what you have done is against everything I beleive in. You have brought me into this world and allowed me to do what I please, but what you do does not please me one bit. You have created beings that will stop humans from having a free will. I stand for freedom, even if what the pirates I create do sometimes follow the path of evil, they should not be made to do something that does not come natturally to them. Those horrors that you have made, just as you made me, are evil beings and I suggest that you uncreate them. You have created a pact between the four original gods, but I would like to join it, so that my pirates and I have say in how this world is created."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A thought occurred to Slovien. It was an incredibly foolish foresight on his part, really. The non-blood-drinking bats he created didn't have a food source. He didn't care if the bats suffered, but it would be a waste to create them just to have them all starve to death.

His newest cousin created fruits with his plants that would solve half the problem, but the other half he would have to solve himself. And so Slovien landed an earth and billions upon billions of tiny creatures poured from his cloak. Many crawled on the ground and many still took the air. Many fed on these new plants, others fed on eat other, and a few even fed of the blood of humans. They would feed the bats and perhaps spread some more fear amongst the humans as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP
    -1 Create Life (Mundane): Insects
    -1 Create Life (Mundane): Arachnids
    0 Remaining
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-13 at 03:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

<My son, the Horrors serve a role in Creation. To serve as an impetus to advance, to become Warriors and hunt them down, the Mortals should not find themselves without competition lest they make their own. For it is in their nature to think in terms of In and Out. I gave them the Horrors to serve as targets, the Monster-Hunters that will form to combat these beasts will advance their society both technologically and mentally, letting them choose what paths they which to take.
    Do they become even more Greedy, relying on the Hunters to keep them safe or do they become as saints, to avoid the gaze of the roving Monsters. But, it is their Free Will, their choice as to what course they take. I did not force them to choose a Specific Option, but instead made them choose A option.>
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Thank you, father."
    Nordul, tired from his exertions, laid down on the soil around him.
    "The lands are given to whichever gods feel drawn to them most, I just sought to ensure all would be content."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The various birds flew around the Aeolians and looked at them with shrewd eyes. Curious eyes full of displeasure. The birds hopped from shoulder to forearm, and flew between and around the newcomers to the sky. Some birds pecked at their skins, and the Aeolians cried out in surprised pain, other birds nested in their hair, softer than twigs for sure. Still the greater number of birds simply flew in their patterns and continued in their play - paying them no heed. They sang and they cawed, and then in one voice all the birds spoke. The birds in their maelstorm, the birds trying to get to the juicy looking eyes the Aeolians contained, even the birds peacefully nesting in the soft down fair hair....

"Birds they are not. You should not have elevated them up so high, they are mere children and will not survive the coming storms. Yet they are a vast improvement over their horrible parents. I shall acquiescence to their existence, as long as they act like air born nobles as befitting their god given wings - and respect their predecessors in the sky with obedience and worship."
    Most of the Aeolians were surprised by all of the birds suddenly speaking out at once but one of them, a little girl, was too busy playing with the songbirds in her hair to notice. She picked up a songbird in her talons and nuzzled it.

"That's nice sis... so you're really set on the whole people worshiping you thing then? Technically, all the birds that make up you aren't the first birds there ever was if you get what I'm saying." Aeolus made a double pointing gesture for no reason. "But hey, that's cool, I'll just be here chilling with my Aeolians. Might pick up the whole nobles thing later and oh... what's this?" He turned to face the little Aeolian girl holding the songbird.
    She turned to face Aeolus, "I think your sister's pretty!" she held up the bird to Aeolus's face.
    "..."
    The bird chirped.
    "Yeah I guess she is, she's all of these birds ya know right? Even the more... not-pretty ones."
    She pouted, "Those ones are pretty too if they're her!" Aeolus chuckled. "Alright, alright. What's your name kid?"
    "I'm Synera!"
    Aeolus pulled her to his side and then pushed her forward a bit. "Hey sis, turns out you've got a worshipper now! Ain't she cute?" Synera giggled. "I think she's officially your first one to boot. So whatdya gonna do with her?"

The rest of the Aeolians whispered amongst themselves...
    "Do we all gotta worship her?" "Maybe?" "My wings are itchy..." "Well, if I have to I wanna worship that one." "Why don't you then?"

One of the smaller Aeolians was suddenly pushed forward to stand next to Aeolus. "um..." Aeolus looked at the little boy, barely 9 years old.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea if watching a buncha YouTube poop made me get more in character for Aeolus or what. I like to think it did.
    Also, trying not to RP everything. Feel free to RP a couple of the Aeolians if you want mystic1110
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-11-13 at 06:52 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
    Most of the Aeolians were surprised by all of the birds suddenly speaking out at once but one of them, a little girl, was too busy playing with the songbirds in her hair to notice. She picked up a songbird in her talons and nuzzled it.

"That's nice sis... so you're really set on the whole people worshiping you thing then? Technically, all the birds that make up you aren't the first birds there ever was if you get what I'm saying." Aeolus made a double pointing gesture for no reason. "But hey, that's cool, I'll just be here chilling with my Aeolians. Might pick up the whole nobles thing later and oh... what's this?" He turned to face the little Aeolian girl holding the songbird. She turned to face Aeolus, "I think your sister's pretty!" she held up the bird to Aeolus's face.
    "..."
    The bird chirped.
    "Yeah I guess she is, she's all of these birds ya know right? Even the more... not-pretty ones."
    She pouted, "Those ones are pretty too if they're her!" Aeolus chuckled. "Alright, alright. What's your name kid?"
    "I'm Synera!"
    Aeolus pulled her to his side and then pushed her forward a bit. "Hey sis, turns out you've got a worshipper now! Ain't she cute?" Synera giggled. "I think she's officially your first one to boot. So whatdya gonna do with her?"

The rest of the Aeolians whispered amongst themselves...
    "Do we all gotta worship her?" "Maybe?" "My wings are itchy..." "Well, if I have to I wanna worship that one." "Why don't you then?"

One of the smaller Aeolians was suddenly pushed forward to stand next to Aeolus. "um..." Aeolus looked at the little boy, barely 9 years old.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea if watching a buncha YouTube poop made me get more in character for Aeolus or what. I like to think it did.
    Also, trying not to RP everything. Feel free to RP a couple of the Aeolians if you want mystic1110

The song bird in the Synera hand nuzzled against the girl, and chirped a song, as a vulture landed on the girls head, and a pigeon landed on her shoulder. The vultures talons made sure not to scratch the girl, the pigeon on the other hand did not care. It the midst of the bird sounds - the began to make sense as speech, and they spoke as one again, full of pride and grace:

"I am only the consciousness of all the birds in the world, dear brother - from the first to those who are yet to come. From their earth trapped forms in their prisons of birth to when they sore against the sun and through the clouds. As for worship, I do not require nor seek it, I am too beautiful, too powerful, too wise and mighty to be concerned with such thoughts - I exist for the birds. So that they will be respected and safe, their safety and freedoms ensured - for the purity of the sky."

The birds paused and resumed their mindless shrieks and songs, each individual - when in unison they spoke.

" The hierarchy of the sky now includes your earth freed human, and they will respect my birds, from the smallest hummingbird, to the largest Roc. And I will ensure that they may fly anywhere with nothing to impede them - but they must do so with civility, for now they breath the rarefied dignified air of the sky"

The songbird in Synera flew up to the pigeon and shooed it away, it saw that it was bringing pain to the little girl, who was holding on to her tears in the face of the two divinities.

The song bird spoke alone...

"Synera... you give me hope for those who were not born for the sky, you are like one of my beautiful birds, perhaps I shall show you the Feathered Throne, where all the birds in the world live. If you behave, I will make you a noble princess, would you like that?"

The vulture on her head echoed the last sentence gravely, and the rest of the birds repeated only the first three words of that first sentence.

9. - Top - End - #69

Spoiler
    Show
    The song bird in the Synera hand nuzzled against the girl, and chirped a song, as a vulture landed on the girls head, and a pigeon landed on her shoulder. The vultures talons made sure not to scratch the girl, the pigeon on the other hand did not care. It the midst of the bird sounds - the began to make sense as speech, and they spoke as one again, full of pride and grace:

"I am only the consciousness of all the birds in the world, dear brother - from the first to those who are yet to come. From their earth trapped forms in their prisons of birth to when they sore against the sun and through the clouds. As for worship, I do not require nor seek it, I am too beautiful, too powerful, too wise and mighty to be concerned with such thoughts - I exist for the birds. So that they will be respected and safe, their safety and freedoms ensured - for the purity of the sky."

The birds paused and resumed their mindless shrieks and songs, each individual - when in unison they spoke.

" The hierarchy of the sky now includes your earth freed human, and they will respect my birds, from the smallest hummingbird, to the largest Roc. And I will ensure that they may fly anywhere with nothing to impede them - but they must do so with civility, for now they breath the rarefied dignified air of the sky"

The songbird in Synera flew up to the pigeon and shooed it away, it saw that it was bringing pain to the little girl, who was holding on to her tears in the face of the two divinities.

The song bird spoke alone...

"Synera... you give me hope for those who were not born for the sky, you are like one of my beautiful birds, perhaps I shall show you the Feathered Throne, where all the birds in the world live. If you behave, I will make you a noble princess, would you like that?"

The vulture on her head echoed the last sentence gravely, and the rest of the birds repeated only the first three words of that first sentence.
    Synera gasped, "I-I would love that!" she turned to Aeolus. "Can I? Can I?" Aeolus looked at her and grinned. "Go ahead. Who's stopping you?"
    Synera squealed with delight, jumping up and down on the cloud. "Yaay! I get to be a princess!"

Aeolus then turned to face the little boy as the rest of the Aeolians watched. "So what did you want squirt?"
    The little boy shook with nervousness, "uuh...."
    Aeolus leaned down to the little boy. "A little louder please?"
    The boy pointed at a falcon and spurted, "Ireallylikethoseones!"
    "A little slower?"
    The boy inhaled deeply. "I really like those ones!" He pointed again.
    "Cool. Those ones are predators, they hunt the little creatures that live in the fields. They're called falcons. What's your name?"
    "I'm Hytice," the boy squeaked out.
    "What was that?"
    The boy then shouted, his wings spreading to the sides. "I'm Hytice and I like falcons!"
    Aeolus rustled Hytice's hair and laughed. "Just being hard on ya Hytice. Well then sis, this is going completely not how I planned, not that I planned it out at all but, mind having a prince as well? I'm sure he'll be good at it once he gets a bit older."
    Hytice nods vigorously, shyly smiling.

One of the Aeolians stomps forwards, butting in front of Aeolus. "I'm Tomias and I want to be a prince too!"
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.

What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Synera gasped, "I-I would love that!" she turned to Aeolus. "Can I? Can I?" Aeolus looked at her and grinned. "Go ahead. Who's stopping you?"
    Synera squealed with delight, jumping up and down on the cloud. "Yaay! I get to be a princess!"

Aeolus then turned to face the little boy as the rest of the Aeolians watched. "So what did you want squirt?"
    The little boy shook with nervousness, "uuh...."
    Aeolus leaned down to the little boy. "A little louder please?"
    The boy pointed at a falcon and spurted, "Ireallylikethoseones!"
    "A little slower?"
    The boy inhaled deeply. "I really like those ones!" He pointed again.
    "Cool. Those ones are predators, they hunt the little creatures that live in the fields. They're called falcons. What's your name?"
    "I'm Hytice," the boy squeaked out.
    "What was that?"
    The boy then shouted, his wings spreading to the sides. "I'm Hytice and I like falcons!"
    Aeolus rustled Hytice's hair and laughed. "Just being hard on ya Hytice. Well then sis, this is going completely not how I planned, not that I planned it out at all but, mind having a prince as well? I'm sure he'll be good at it once he gets a bit older."
    Hytice nods vigorously, shyly smiling.

One of the Aeolians stomps forwards, butting in front of Aeolus. "I'm Tomias and I want to be a prince too!"

The whirlwind of birds continued to to fly and perch on the Aeolians when they suddenly stopped - the silence was almost painful compared to the din the chirps and caws made while the birds were lively, but now each bird looked into the sky in contemplation as five great white Roc's arrived. Their shadows cast upon the ground were like those of giant clouds, they themselves resembled clouds, the mountains of the sky, more than their small cousins, even the mightiest eagle was but an ant compared to them... yet they flew into the midst of the maelstorm of feathers, and the rest of the birds resumed their activities - each of the Roc's had their own assortment of small sparrows and cardinals and blue jays perched upon them - they looked like gorgeous caravans - for they were, a royal caravan. They spoke in unison, along with every other bird in the storm, one unified female voice - vainglorious yet motherly:

"Very well, all exalted children freed from the earth, I take upon my many breasts and under my many wings, they shall be mine and, I shall be theirs as well. They will all be princes and ladies of the Feathered Throne, if they follow me and learn the ways of nobility and civility and if they behave I shall grant them their crowns."

With that the Roc's spread their wings, and slowly flapped, unleashing great gusts of wind that blew smaller birds and the awkward children astride - they were clearly welcoming any who wished to follow them into the sky, and to the land of the Feathered Throne, where birds are born and die, and perhaps were a child torn from the cold bosom of the earth, may learn how to act like the sky demands you act. Like a prince, or a princess... like a free bird.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-13 at 08:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

When the Rocs appeared most of the Aeolians's beaks stood agape with awe. The first one to fly out to meet them was Synera who wrapped her arms the best she could around one of their beaks making a sort of squeeing sound.

The next one to fly out to the Rocs was Tomias, landed onto the back of one just below it's neck, being quiet for a few moments before yelling out an arrogant declaration. "I'm going to be the Price of Roc and then I'm going to be King! I'm going to rule over everything and show those humans who's boss! They'll get what's coming to them! All of them! They're going to pay for being mean to me!" He raised a fist into the air and yelled. He then kicked the Roc with his legs much like you would kick a horse. "Yah! To my Feathered Throne!"

The rest of the Aeolians, who had been getting on the backs of other Rocs themselves, stopped and stared at Tomias. Unsure if he would be punished by Suloea for his words or what would happen next.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When the Rocs appeared most of the Aeolians's beaks stood agape with awe. The first one to fly out to meet them was Synera who wrapped her arms the best she could around one of their beaks making a sort of squeeing sound.

The next one to fly out to the Rocs was Tomias, landed onto the back of one just below it's neck, being quiet for a few moments before yelling out an arrogant declaration. "I'm going to be the Price of Roc and then I'm going to be King! I'm going to rule over everything and show those humans who's boss! They'll get what's coming to them! All of them! They're going to pay for being mean to me!" He raised a fist into the air and yelled. He then kicked the Roc with his legs much like you would kick a horse. "Yah! To my Feathered Throne!"

The rest of the Aeolians, who had been getting on the backs of other Rocs themselves, stopped and stared at Tomias. Unsure if he would be punished by Suloea for his words or what would happen next.

It is foolish to think you may ride a Roc contemptibly. Even more foolish to do so when you knew Suloea was there. A Roc is a huge bird, the largest that ever was and to be, it's wings could wrap themselves around an Aeolian completely, its beak could break them in half. As such, the Roc flew up into the sky at great speed, the inexperienced Tomias was thrown off - confused - terrified, as from the sky came a darkness. The Roc flew back, with the sun behind it, the other birds scattering away, it's wings folded into its body, and then suddenly: Tomias was trapped in a large claw and confronted with one of the great eye's of the large bird of prey.

Yet it was the humming bird innocuously perched on good Synera's shoulder that spoke: a tiny voice in contrast to the anger and wrath it contained.

"King?! Prince of Roc's!? You shall be lord of no bird, ever! None of you shall. Lords of men, perhaps, if you behave - Your crowns will be bestowed by me as stewards of the domains upon which our shadows fall upon - remember that young human. Look towards your good sister Synera and follow her example - she is as pretty and noble as a bird, you on the other hand are filled with ignoble humanity. Purge yourself before you step foot on the Feathered Crown and you may be a prince yet, if not... your wings will be clipped for such display of incivility does not deserve to be in the sky"

The humming bird bristled in outrage, and then began to hum... most prettily - the Roc unleashed Tomias from it's talons. Suloea knew she was dealing with children, her response was measured as such. Forgiving, merciful and teachable.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-13 at 10:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Tomias screamed in terror when he was dropped, his wings flailing wildly. He was on a direct crash course towards the ground when Aeolus reached out a talon and caught the little brat by his tail who screamed out in pain as the force of his fall nearly ripped his tail clean off.

Aeolus frowned at him, "Wrong move, now be nice and apologize for being a brat." He swung Tomias around so that the boy landed with his face in the cloud. Tomias lay there, sobbing for a while. When he finally got up, he looked around and wiped the tears from his furry cheeks. Aeolus was standing there, folding his arms. "Make sure to apologize nicely or I'll drag you back to your parents as you are right now."
    Tomias sniffed and nodded, looking down and recited his apology, "I'm sorry bird goddess, I won't do it again," he then looked up at the other Aeolians and started yelling, "BU- MPHMHPM!"
    Aeolus had covered the brat's beak with a talon, "Now, now, don't say anything that'll get you into more trouble." Tomias turned to muffled yelling and clawing at Aeolus's arm, which was impervious to the kid's mortal talons. A few minutes later of Aeolus holding Tomias in place he let the child go and he fell onto his knees, gasping as if Aeolus had been suffocating him. He said nothing as he jumped up and flew over to the rest of the group.
    All throughout Synera had assumed her best noble "displeased" expression she could muster and folded her arms as he directed it towards her peer.

Meanwhile, the other Aeolians had started murmuring among themselves.
    "We won't get to rule over birds?" "But why?" "Look at what happened to Tomias! I want to go home!" "But we can't! We're Aeolians now!" "Well, my mommy said she would always love me no matter what!" "Well my pa would probably kill me! Your ma would probably do the same!" *crying* "But I wanna know why birds are just better than us for no reason! It's not like most of them are-" "Shush! Do you want to be taken way up and dropped too!" "But it's true!" "Shut up! I know your uncle owns a chicken coop!"

Aeolus sighed, hearing the murmuring, and motioned to his sister. "Sister, could I speak with you in private for a few minutes? I have a couple questions for you about my Aeolians and your birds.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

motioning to Suloea is a complicated matter, she is after all many birds at once, and is impossible to tell which birds are her as they enter and fly away at their own pleasure - suffice to say, if Suloea was talking to you she was composed of any of the birds in the vicinity, and she is extremely polite.

"Why yes brother..."

With that four great Roc's flew over to Aeolus and surrounded him with their great wings, while other birds kept the feathered cocoon afloat. Within the darkness, Aeolus was faced with the four great beaks and eight great eyes of the Roc's as they opened in unison, and instead of the usual shrieking hunting cries, the melodious voice of his sister emerged.

"There now... your children shall not overhear."
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-14 at 01:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    Dinfale frowned. Then he spoke simultaneously to the Unspoken and the Owl. "I am not strictly speaking against giving gifts to mankind that will change what he is capable of. I am, however, against not teaching mankind right from wrong."

He then thought quietly for a moment, reflecting on how he had made this plane for the purposes of harmony, had created the Pact of the First Ones to further good, healthy relationships between the lords.

And then he remembered the feeling of fear that the Unspoken had been, and how he had made that fear tangible, had given it voice and thought. And he became angry! And somewhat irrational. "Why is it that the Owl would choose not to join us in the pact? Is he planning on attacking mankind? And am I so boring as to cause Urs Ignatus to simply leave my presence, specifically before I could tell him about the pact?..." Dinfale then became quite angry.

"By golly, I will make him listen to my idea, and if he doesn't join us..." he left the thought unfinished in favor of teleporting to earth. Upon arriving he slammed his fist into his open palm, sending shockwaves through the atmosphere and into the ground he was standing upon. KABOOOM! Whomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwom. And then Dinfale heard a sound, like the beating of a heart. Whumpwumpwhumpwump. And as he listened closely, he became terrified. "What have I done? I am the one that has preached for harmonious relationships, and now I have begat a Terror into the world." And with that he fled to Urs Ignatus.

"Urs, I know that I was boring, but please listen, I will make this short. I proposed a pact right after you left, and it was thus: If our views on what mankind needs and how those needs should be met are contrary to each other, we will talk it out instead of coming to blows. And should we find ourselves incapable of coming to any kind of agreement we will not personally battle any humans that serve the other person. I proposed this in the interest of preventing any kind of divine war waged on earth. The Unspoken joined in the pact. Will you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Created plane for a place for the lords to talk out their differences. (5 ap) Created a pact (pantheon) to hinder strife among the lords and humans (2ap) Gained domain Harmony (relationships).

Starting ap:8
    Gain domain Harmony (relationships): -3
    Ending ap: 5

Whumpwumpwhumpwump....The heartbeat went on for days and then suddenly stopped. The place where Dinfale displayed his anger on being seemingly rejected the pact he wanted, no grass had grown, no hill had formed and no animal had walked. It was a barren place about half a mile across in the middle of grassy plain.

Moments after the sound of a beating heart stopped, a claw made of black stone split the surface. Another claw of obsidian emerged from the earth quickly after the first. Both then flattened themselves and pushed down on the ground. A dark spiked head with a single dark blue gem emerged, followed by a great dark body.

The gigantic obsidian creature then stepped from the hole into the world.
    Kargath, the Obsidian Warmonger, looked at the world in disgust.
    This world is incomplete and sick. Where is the strife, where is the urge to survive? Kargath voice boomed across the plains and beyond.

He then wandered off towards the nearest human settlement and stopped there to watch. The undead should be awake this night and hunt for the living. Kargath did not move, standing there like a statue and ignoring the humans pointing at him. The gods they had met had been good. They werent cautious anymore, Kargath will teach them...in time. He would watch their strife this night and judge it.
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2012-11-14 at 02:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

After some time of rest and animals crawling out from within his roots, as if emerging from hibernation, for the humans to raise and to live in the lands he had altered, Nordul rises again, walking to the City of Man. As he gets there, he shakes out a few squirrels before calling out.
    "Urs Ignatus! Owl! I seek counsel with you over plans I have."

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating large amounts of mundane life for free, to make land bound animals to live in the ecosystems I made before.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbranar View Post

Whumpwumpwhumpwump....The heartbeat went on for days and then suddenly stopped. The place where Dinfale displayed his anger on being seemingly rejected the pact he wanted, no grass had grown, no hill had formed and no animal had walked. It was a barren place about half a mile across in the middle of grassy plain.

Moments after the sound of a beating heart stopped, a claw made of black stone split the surface. Another claw of obsidian emerged from the earth quickly after the first. Both then flattened themselves and pushed down on the ground. A dark spiked head with a single dark blue gem emerged, followed by a great dark body.

The gigantic obsidian creature then stepped from the hole into the world.
    Kargath, the Obsidian Warmonger, looked at the world in disgust.
    This world is incomplete and sick. Where is the strife, where is the urge to survive? Kargath voice boomed across the plains and beyond.

He then wandered off towards the nearest human settlement and stopped there to watch. The undead should be awake this night and hunt for the living. Kargath did not move, standing there like a statue and ignoring the humans pointing at him. The gods they had met had been good. They werent cautious anymore, Kargath will teach them...in time. He would watch their strife this night and judge it.

As night fell the humans and boarded up and hide inside the safety of their homes. The undead scratched and wailed at the walls and doors that the humans had built. Then the humans of one house burst out from their home screaming. The humans tried, unsuccessfully, to fight through the undead with their tools and bare hands to get away from their house. Following behind the humans slowly floating in the air, was Slovien the God of Fear. He laughed a hideous laugh as the humans tried to escape him.

In other villages and other homes the humans their will be safe though terrified of leaving. However, Slovien thought he had sensed a new cousin and decided to put on a show for the young god.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-14 at 02:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

"Father, I understand and respect your view and I would like to help make this world a better place, as would you. But you are going the wrong way about it. It's not about forcing humans to do what you beleive to be the right things, it's about giving them guidance to create better people. If you guide them and give them free wil, then they shall become better people by themselvs. Im ust leave now, but before I do, I must join your pact." Drexoroth left and returned to his ship to look upon what he has created and realised that he needed more folowers. Humans cannot breath underwater and merfolk can not go above the surface, so he made a decision and announced it to his crew. "All humans who wish to become amphibians must set foot in the ocean and will be tranformed into you wonderful creatures, they will grow both gills and webbed feet, so that they may live their lives in the ocean or on land. Once they have become anphibians, they may not change back, but they do not have to spend their lives in the water."

Spoiler
    Show
    9 AP
    Join Pantheon 1AP
    Cosmic Decree: All humans who wish to become amphibians must set foot in the ocean and will be tranformed into you wonderful creatures, they will grow both gills and webbed feet, so that they may live their lives in the ocean or on land. Once they have become anphibians, they may not change back, but they do not have to spend their lives in the water

9-6=3AP

19. - Top - End - #79

Zombie

<Dinfale I would speak with you.>
    The Unspoken uttered the name of the God, waiting for the God of travelling to arrive.

When he does:
    <Greetings my brother, I wish to inform you of my newest son, he too wishes to join the Pact but it is not in my power to simply grant him access. Though, be warned he does have a, disdain, of anything that impinges upon Free Will and no respect for his Elders.
    After that I wish to test my strength against you, a simple duel. The stakes being the creation of two specific organizations, the losing side shall be forbidden from creating their sponsored organization, forever and must with their own power create the winners organization to become a staple of Humanity. To lead them forward to see Tomorrow their way.>

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, I challenge you to Divine Combat
    If I win you must spend AP on the following:
    The Adapters. A group of learned beings, devoted to studying and grafting the traits of others onto their physical forms. Becoming slowly less pure as they add the best traits of everything.

if you win, then the Adapters are forbidden from ever being made (and their ilk so I cant introduce a similar organization called the Evolutionists) AND I must create with my own AP whatever organization you decide to wager.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post

As night fell the humans and boarded up and hide inside the safety of their homes. The undead scratched and wailed at the walls and doors that the humans had built. Then the humans of one house burst out from their home screaming. The humans tried, unsuccessfully, to fight through the undead with their tools and bare hands to get away from their house. Following behind the humans slowly floating in the air, was Slovien the God of Fear. He laughed a hideous laugh as the humans tried to escape him.

In other villages and other homes the humans their will be safe though terrified of leaving. However, Slovien thought he had sensed a new cousin and decided to put on a show for the young god.

The Obsidian Warmonger looked at the god in front of him and the humans fighting through the against odds. Their survival instinct made them run into the things they fear because they feared the god more. It was not the strife Kargath was looking for, merely an instinct. The human flesh and mind is weak, not ready for war and conflict. With one claw, he touched the ground and a black tarry liguid appeared, slowly taking the shape of an obelisk and then hardened. The Obsidian stone crackles with energy, standing high above the ground. The humans are weak, flesh and soul. Come and worship the prime element, Earth, and be blessed with resilience and the ability to fight. Not only will the blessed be able to fight the undead, but also to fight any who threaten them or have what belongs to them. Worship Kargath, sacrifice the unworthy and become strong.

As the first approached the Obelisk and Kargath they felt stronger already and learned how to forge weapons to defend themselves or, as Kargath preferred, attack others. It did not take long before the humans of this village all gathered and started to touch the Obelisk, slowly transforming.

Kargath spoke to the other god. It is a god, no doubt, but what kind of god is it? Why did it approach Kargath? What can it tell Kargath about the lesser elements coexisting with the superior Earth?

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15+rollover 4=19

Create Sentient Life 2 AP- The Stoneborn, humans that transformed through worship, replacing flesh with living stone.

Create Artifact 3 AP - The Obsidian Anchor, the lands surrounding the Anchor can not be changed or teleported except by Kargath and those with the Earth Domain. If so teleported, the Anchor and the lands stick together and dissapear as a whole. (Dinfales staff for example)

Cosmic Degree 5 AP - The Stoneborn: Any human willing to fight and become stronger can start worshipping at the Obsidian Anchor. Doing so slowly replaced their flesh with living stone and automaticly learn the concept of forging weapons (blacksmithing).

Create Concept lesser 1AP - Blacksmithing

Create Concept Advanced 2 AP - Armies, the strongest will be the "General" which is chosen in a number of duels to the death. Once the new leader is established, the army marches to conquer and pillage.

AP left = 6 AP
    Create
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2012-11-15 at 09:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    After some time of rest and animals crawling out from within his roots, as if emerging from hibernation, for the humans to raise and to live in the lands he had altered, Nordul rises again, walking to the City of Man. As he gets there, he shakes out a few squirrels before calling out.
    "Urs Ignatus! Owl! I seek counsel with you over plans I have."

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating large amounts of mundane life for free, to make land bound animals to live in the ecosystems I made before.

Urs Ignatus appeared in the City of Man to speak to Nordul.
    "Yes, young one? What grand ideas do you plan to share? Have you inventions to declare?"

((Are the undead attacking the City of Man? I thought I had surrounded it with walls? Or am I losing track of things again?))
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

A flock of birds left the sanctuary of the Feathered Throne and flew over the domains upon which their shadows covered. Earth and water, they looked down and only saw their own forms rendered in black with the warmth of the sun against their backs. They shrieked and sang, and soared onwards to the lands of men.

At first, they only saw hovels and huts, humans living in the dirt, lawless and uncivilized. The birds cawed in disgust. The enormous flock descended to observe the grotesquery of humanity from up close. Landing on houses, and plows, looking at the humans who paid them no heed (disrespectful, indeed!) Their base lives, knowing not the glory and wonder of the sky, their only hope was to live in filth and stare occasionally at the clouds – pity. Their lives were disorganized, without the structure and law of the birds, who lived in balance with each other and with the world. Humans, merely took from the land and gave nothing back, they took from each other – for the sake of taking, not even nourishment as when the hawk grabs a mockingbirds. Lawless and shackled to the earth, creation surely was punishing them for some great crime. Nonetheless Suloea was royalty and she had her duty. Her shadow fell upon these lands, and for these poor souls she must do something, if only to elevate them higher from their poverty. Nobility obliges.

So Suloea, the grand flock, took off to explore the human lands further, to the lands of the City of Men, the lands of other gods, and her father – Owl, a grand deity in proper avian form, the scholar King of Sky of which she was the princess and steward. She never met her progenitor – she was curious why he would choose to make his domain here instead of among the birds at the Feathered Throne.

The City of Man rose from the horizon must like a mountain itself, vaulted buildings and arches, crevasses, nooks and crags perfect for nesting – already pigeons and hawks along with cardinals made their home among the roof tops – murders of crows always present. They joined the flock in flight as it hovered over the great city, their wings blocking out the sun.

Looking down the convocation still saw displeasing lawlessness, waste and incivility. Crime was not a concept known to birds, yet these humans took from one another, killed one another and not for survival. There was hate and misbegotten passion – they lacked the freedom of wings, and only added to their shackles with mistrust. And so the birds of the great flock came down from the sky, and the city became covered in feathers, and wings, as the birds hopped and flew from home to home. And in this silent unnatural way Suloea, spread her teachings. The concepts of aristocracy and nobility were whispered to the worthy from the beaks of eagles. The notion of etiquette and civility, of cleanliness was spread through the wind by swallows. Laws and rules, and methods of keeping them and enforcing them, changing them and abiding them were learned through the eyes of the parliament of owls.

A lone Roc perched on the highest tower, as the birds taught the populace of the world on how to behave respectfully, and the people of the world looked up into the shielded sun in wonder and awe. The Roc spread its wings, and small prayers escaped the lips of the humans, as ravens quietly whispers the virtues of respect. Humans would look at birds as sacred animals, and will avoid harming or imprisoning them, in fact when humans die, they would be laid out for the birds to devour.

Air burial might have been the truest reflection of respect; more visceral and poetic than the adherence to noble courteousness and law. Everything is given to the birds: the flesh, the lights, the meat, even the bones... Everything is swallowed by the sky. The birds were fed and nothing was wasted – charity and duty, pinnacles of gentility and payment for the wonders of civilizations the birds imparted to men and women alike.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 9
    • [1 AP] Mundane: Government, Aristocracy
    • [1 AP] Mundane: Etiquette, Civility
    • [1 AP] Mundane: Law and Order (Lawyers, Judges and Policemen)
      • Yep 17th century France, is pretty much what I was going for

• [1 AP] Mundane: Avian Zoolatry
      • Zoolatry is just animal worship - avian attached to that means: Bird Worship, that's pretty much it. Much the same way Hindu's have sacred Cows, I mean for Humans to consider all birds Sacred
    • [1 AP] Mundane: Ritual Dissection
      • Ritual Dissection: commonly known as Sky Funerals. Basically just a funeral practice, meant to show respect to the sky....

AP 4

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nordul bows his head, his quadruped form unable to bow truly.
    "Greetings, Uncle. I plan to spread knowledge to the humans and the variations our kin are making. Knowledge of agriculture, armorsmithing, medicine. However, I would like to see them grow and invent their own ways of doing things. Would you help me in this endeavor, Urs Ignatus? Would you give them innovation for me?"
    He looks up, as the city becomes covered with the presence of another god.
    "Seems a cousin of ours has decided to visit as well. Suloea, mayhaps you can share a voice of your own with us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Not everyone lives in the city, and it seems like all areas are under general attack from the undead.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-15 at 11:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora

Tarvin smiled at his sister. "That sounds lovely, my dearest Vintra. The Queen of Winter and King of Summer, keeping court in the frozen palace of world's end." Then, his spine straightened, and froze, his eyes going wide. "Sister...oh, my sweet, dear sister, I am sorry. But my golden throne shows me such glorious things! We have siblings! Cousins, yes, and uncles too, but siblings! Two, at the very least, born of sky like us! Oh, Vintra, my sparkling jewel, I must go. I must meet our siblings, for they too possess wonderous forms! But I will return. At nightfall, I will always return." And so saying, Tarvin shot towards the endless skies of Aurora, and broke through, into the Heavens of the Material, to sit upon his golden throne.

Material Plane-The Golden Throne

Tarvin gazed down from his seat in the highest sky, and laughed at all he saw. The tiny mortals, the playthings of the gods, being pulled this way and that, changed and molded to suit the great beings that walked among them. Tarvin alone did not touch them, alone he did not change the way they lived-though, soon enough, that would change. And Tarvin looked upon the many parts of the great flock Suloea, and the part lion, part eagle, part human form of Aeolus, and he laughed to see his siblings in such magnificent clothing. His was finer still, but it pleased him to see his relations in such good health, for it reflected well upon him.

"It is high time I met my siblings."

And, with this decided, Tarvin went for a walk across the sky, to meet with the other children of sky at the Feathered Throne.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

25. - Top - End - #85

Dinfale shivered as he replied, "Hmm, that is an interesting proposal. I see no reason why not. However, it would not be wise to do so while on this earth. And I ought to receive your son into the pact first. Give me a moment."

Stepping through space, Dinfale approached the Pirate Lord. "Welcome to earth, Drexoroth. I hear you wish to join in my Pact. Before you do so, I would prefer to tell you of what it is: I made a pact declaring that if any of the lords joined in the pact dissagreed about how we ought to guide the humans that we would talk it over, and should we be incapable of coming to any kind of agreement that we would not personally attack any humans serving the other lord. I created this pact in order to prevent any kind of divine war being waged on the earth. Now that you know what the pact is, you ought to know who has joined in on it: Urs Ignatus, the Unspoken, Nordul, the Owl, and I have all joined in it. And now that you know it, if you still wish to join, just call out to me that you wish to do so. You will have my approval. I must apologize though. I cannot stay here and talk. Your father has given me a challenge, which I have accepted. Perhaps at another time..."

And stepping back, Dinfale returned to his "brother." "Let us go." So, taking a "hold" on the Unspoken, Dinfale stepped into his own world.

"I ought to be honest with you. Should I win it may take some time for me to consider what kind of organization you would make for me. But let our words be over." Dinfale then stepped back, a smirk on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

For attack: (2d6)[6][1](7)
    For defense: (5d6)[3][4][2][2][2](13)
    current hp: 30

just out of curiosity, is the automatic 2 mean a minimum of 2 damage? or is it on top of any you might make should you beat your opponent's defense? (aka does this mean that I could only do a maximum of 12 damage as I am now minus whatever defence an opponent makes, with the exception of not going lower than 2 damage even if my opponent's defence roll is higher than mine? does this mean that as a maximum I could do 14 damage minus any defense an opponent makes, with the same exception of not doing any lower than 2 damage?
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-15 at 04:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Spoiler
    Show
    motioning to Suloea is a complicated matter, she is after all many birds at once, and is impossible to tell which birds are her as they enter and fly away at their own pleasure - suffice to say, if Suloea was talking to you she was composed of any of the birds in the vicinity, and she is extremely polite.

"Why yes brother..."

With that four great Roc's flew over to Aeolus and surrounded him with their great wings, while other birds kept the feathered cocoon afloat. Within the darkness, Aeolus was faced with the four great beaks and eight great eyes of the Roc's as they opened in unison, and instead of the usual shrieking hunting cries, the melodious voice of his sister emerged.

"There now... your children shall not overhear."
    Aeolus blinked, "That's a lot more private than I was expecting. Okay give me a moment to gather my thoughts..." He paced around with a talon to his chin, thinking hard. "What kind of things are you going to teach them? I'm kind of suddenly very, very, worried about them. It's like they're more than just some kids I found all of the sudden!" His wings flared out as he said this, then he started inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"Oh! something just crossed my mind, I and they are technically creatures of both land and air and if you want get all philosophical about it: civilization, destiny, promise, and well humanity." He sat in the air as he raised his hind-paws up so his sister could see them clearly. "These paws, these legs are those of great feline beasts that stalk the world below." He stands back up on his legs.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me! Why are birds automatically better then my Aeolians? Most of them aren't half as sentient as they are for one thing, and another being that it's practically impossible for you to be every single bird at once. One, two, or more Great Flocks that are you I can imagine existing around the world at once, but you can't be every bird in existence all at once!" Aeolus paces around again.

"So that's my questions: What are you going to teach them? What about their and my not-bird aspects and destinies? And why are birds better than them? There, got my thoughts in order!" He stands with his talons at his hips.
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-11-15 at 05:25 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, Uncle. I plan to spread knowledge to the humans and the variations our kin are making. Knowledge of agriculture, armorsmithing, medicine. However, I would like to see them grow and invent their own ways of doing things. Would you help me in this endeavor, Urs Ignatus? Would you give them innovation for me?"
    "Seems a cousin of ours has decided to visit as well. Suloea, mayhaps you can share a voice of your own with us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Not everyone lives in the city, and it seems like all areas are under general attack from the undead.)

"I am weary from my day's work," spoke Urs Ignatus, "But I would help you in your endeavor. What do you require me to do to assist in this?"

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I understand. I, too, am tired from my works. However, once I have the strength to teach them of these things, all I ask from you is to grant them inspiration, which is something I have not seen in them yet. Thus, they may grow and flourish, my Uncle. Is there anything you would ask of me in this? Creating life comes especially easily to me, I could grant you some species with little effort now, if you so wished."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-15 at 05:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Urs Ignatus thought for a moment, then nodded and spoke, "Help me to make a race, Muses we shall call them, to inhabit my realm. They will be beauties of all varieties, people of machinery, or of perfectly carved stone, or made of words and flowering poetry, people made of all the arts and crafts, and I will grant them the power to go down to the world and inspire the humans to even greater heights!"

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Is there a way I can use my last AP this week to help give the Muses the power to go down to Creation and inspire the humans?))

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock at the City of Men
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Birds descended upon the body of Nordul, the living forest. Even the colorful tropical birds that made nests upon his bodies, toucans, parrots - colored wings, dotted the sky emerald, ruby and sapphire. Ebony crows and alabaster doves, sat upon the branches and trees on the god's encumbered back. Songs and shrieks as the birds lived their lives and in concert they spoke with a honeyed worried voice.

"Most unfortunate that you lack wings."

The Flock with her brother

Spoiler
    Show
    Aeolus blinked, "That's a lot more private than I was expecting. Okay give me a moment to gather my thoughts..." He paced around with a talon to his chin, thinking hard. "What kind of things are you going to teach them? I'm kind of suddenly very, very, worried about them. It's like they're more than just some kids I found all of the sudden!" His wings flared out as he said this, then he started inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"Oh! something just crossed my mind, I and they are technically creatures of both land and air and if you want get all philosophical about it: civilization, destiny, promise, and well humanity." He sat in the air as he raised his hind-paws up so his sister could see them clearly. "These paws, these legs are those of great feline beasts that stalk the world below." He stands back up on his legs.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me! Why are birds automatically better then my Aeolians? Most of them aren't half as sentient as they are for one thing, and another being that it's practically impossible for you to be every single bird at once. One, two, or more Great Flocks that are you I can imagine existing around the world at once, but you can't be every bird in existence all at once!" Aeolus paces around again.

"So that's my questions: What are you going to teach them? What about their and my not-bird aspects and destinies? And why are birds better than them? There, got my thoughts in order!" He stands with his talons at his hips.

While Aeolus was pacing and posturing beneath and under the gaze of the four Rocs, they listened patiently, while two owls who slid through the cracks, watched in silent contemplation and judgement. When the god was done the birds spoke in a harmonious concerto. Suloea's speech was one of notes and tunes, melody and song - mortals thought it song - the voices of birds, the language of the sky.

"I am no bird dear brother, I am any bird, I am the thought of birds, practically impossible is a phrase not meant for goddesses such as I. Your wings make you my brother, and as my brother I love you despite your deformities - you do your best, and I do not fault you for that. Your children are made in your image and I see the potential in them, I hope that you will see the need to civilize them. Outside good Synera they are petulant, greedy, petty and foolish. I shall not have them besmirch the sky and it's order with childish antics. I shall civilize them, instill in them respect, duty and honor, much like I have already done for those still stuck to the swollen earth."
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-15 at 06:18 PM.