New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Horne stops in place, and a tendril about to grab Zaros also freezes. He looks at Flare like she just mentioned that she was made of onions. "...We are trying to kill eachother. Obviously."[/COLOR]
    "I'm not," said Night Jewel.

"Hmm. You surface-dwellers have such strange standards."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    Zaros, for his part, just stood still and took the knives, a majority of them sinking into chinks due to Blades' superior marksmanship. If the chinks were anywhere near vital areas, he would be dead in an instant. But anypony with sufficient eyesight could see that on at least a few of the strikes he moved so that they hit him a little more softly than normal, where he clearly could have dodged entirely. It's almost like he wants to be hit.

"Trying is the operative word. I am willing to allow the smith to batter away until no weapon of hers remains, but your magic will not affect me with even a half-second to spare. Release your hold; the mare has a quarrel with me, not-"
    "Me, run out of weapons? Haven't got a lot of faith, have ya!" Blades took out a rather large steel spike next, dipped it in a nearby magma pool, then drew her hammer...

[COLOR="red"]"Oh, shut up. If it answers your question, imprisoned one, I am presently about to commence with the slaughtering of an admitted slaver and mass murderer. It will hardly take ten seconds, give or take a few extra moments of screaminggggAAAAHHHHH!"

Zaros casually checks his hoof while Horne starts spazzing out and hits the floor. "Your methods are indeed effective."
    ...and was distracted.

"Arvadraa!" she cried, dropping the red-hot spike and darting to the fallen pony's side. "Bang it, Horne, if ya don't stop doin' this, when ya're gettin' taken out, ya'll be goin' back dead!"

Funny how the assistant of a mass murderer has the nerve to call someone else that, thought Night Jewel.

Flare flicked her tail. "Will that be all? I don't particularly care for such interruptions."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Pony Underground, with Vampires and no Raves

Staccata ponders over the situation. Usually crazy dungeon builders favor the right side or center for the best outcome in her experience. Always a crap-shoot though.

"Whatever we do, splitting up would, like always, be terribly suicidal." The mare checks the ground for any signs of a pony going any particular direction.
    Hilariously, depending on your point of view, there are signs of all three passages being used. Old caked and layered dust showing hoof prints in both directions. Benson is just an evil turd nugget right now. >:D
    --------------------------------------------

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Me, run out of weapons? Haven't got a lot of faith, have ya!" Blades took out a rather large steel spike next, dipped it in a nearby magma pool, then drew her hammer...

...and was distracted.

"Arvadraa!" she cried, dropping the red-hot spike and darting to the fallen pony's side. "Bang it, Horne, if ya don't stop doin' this, when ya're gettin' taken out, ya'll be goin' back dead!"

Funny how the assistant of a mass murderer has the nerve to call someone else that, thought Night Jewel.

Flare flicked her tail. "Will that be all? I don't particularly care for such interruptions."
    "Isn't....me....enough!! Stop...resisting...."

With utterly indifferent nonchalance honed by years of walking over corpse piles without giving a buck, Zaros takes a few steps towards Flare. "It should be for a short amount of time at least, yes." Under his helm, he frowns and starts counting his estimated times until either Blades tries to kill him or Arvadraa does. "As for me, I am interested to hear how you came to this position...without a jailer's bias."

"Arrrrghhhhhpickupthehammerandnothinnnnnghhh....."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Isn't....me....enough!! Stop...resisting...."

With utterly indifferent nonchalance honed by years of walking over corpse piles without giving a buck, Zaros takes a few steps towards Flare. "It should be for a short amount of time at least, yes." Under his helm, he frowns and starts counting his estimated times until either Blades tries to kill him or Arvadraa does. "As for me, I am interested to hear how you came to this position...without a jailer's bias."

"Arrrrghhhhhpickupthehammerandnothinnnnnghhh....."
    "Ya cut it out! 'Cause if ya weren't inside her, I'd cut ya out myself!" Blades grabbed Arvadraa and shook a bit.

Flare ignored the chaos and thought for a bit. "I have barely any memory of what happened to me. If I ever committed a crime, I have long since forgotten it. Of course, some of your kind were not happy about the earthquakes I created, but I saw no other options. I could not let myself be abandoned forever."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hilariously, depending on your point of view, there are signs of all three passages being used. Old caked and layered dust showing hoof prints in both directions. Benson is just an evil turd nugget right now. >:D
    "I agree. Splitting up would do us no favours." Silverpine pondered the matter for a little while, before turning to Miss M. "Anything your vampony senses could pick up? Otherwise we're going to roll dice and pick one."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I agree. Splitting up would do us no favours." Silverpine pondered the matter for a little while, before turning to Miss M. "Anything your vampony senses could pick up? Otherwise we're going to roll dice and pick one."

"That's the thing...down here it just feels like...everywhere....believe me....its incredibly frustrating for me here, feeling like I've just been nerfed...'
    She creased her brow and bucked a stump of a pillar in frustration about this and let out a grunt.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Firbolg in the Playground

"That's the thing...down here it just feels like...everywhere....believe me....its incredibly frustrating for me here, feeling like I've just been nerfed...'
    She creased her brow and bucked a stump of a pillar in frustration about this and let out a grunt.

"All of the paths have seen use,"
    Staccata states. She looks a little annoyed that the place has been so thoroughly explored by the ponies they want to kill. Makes it harder to find them. To kill them.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"All of the paths have seen use,"
    Staccata states. She looks a little annoyed that the place has been so thoroughly explored by the ponies they want to kill. Makes it harder to find them. To kill them.
    Looked like the resident vampony and rogue wasn't going to be much help. "I hope you guys are feeling lucky today then." Silverpine waved his hoof at the right-most path. "Right it is then. Let's go."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ya cut it out! 'Cause if ya weren't inside her, I'd cut ya out myself!" Blades grabbed Arvadraa and shook a bit.
    A tendril charges to shake Blades off, but it implodes after it so much as twitches. A swirl of colors flashes through Arvadraa's eyes, finally settling on black, though the connection seems shaky. "I've had...enough suffering." She locks eyes with Blades and nods once, using the crafter's body to help pull herself up.

Flare ignored the chaos and thought for a bit. "I have barely any memory of what happened to me. If I ever committed a crime, I have long since forgotten it. Of course, some of your kind were not happy about the earthquakes I created, but I saw no other options. I could not let myself be abandoned forever."
    "I see. And, in the event you are freed, what are your plans?"

"Destroyer."

"Hold that line of thought." He turns his head to look at the flutter pony, whose black coat is now receding back to normal brown. "Are we to engage in earnest, then?"

"No. I want to talk."

"And you are in control?"

She winces and leans on Blades. "No. That's why we need to talk."

Looked like the resident vampony and rogue wasn't going to be much help. "I hope you guys are feeling lucky today then." Silverpine waved his hoof at the right-most path. "Right it is then. Let's go."
    "Aye-aye-aye-aye-aye, sir." Daniel said with a salute, keeping a leg around Zephyr and drawing his bow with the other hoof. He seems really quite relieved that somepony else is taking charge.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-10-11 at 06:36 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Mazes and Monsters

And so they took the right path in this awful maze. After some time of partially blindly going through, taking this way and that, leaving a 'bread trail' to keep them from being lost. Or so I will take the liberty to assume that. Eventually, they got through a narrow one pony passage and up ahead somewhere in the darkness was a a slight bloop sound.

Whoever was in front of the line and had night vision prepped, or at least second in line would see a floating dead pony, just wobbling there along with other junk and debris. "Eh...I have the worse possible feeling about this..."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-12 at 05:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

A tendril charges to shake Blades off, but it implodes after it so much as twitches. A swirl of colors flashes through Arvadraa's eyes, finally settling on black, though the connection seems shaky. "I've had...enough suffering." She locks eyes with Blades and nods once, using the crafter's body to help pull herself up.
    "It'll be all right, it'll be all right..." Blades held onto Arvadraa as she got up. "Ya can keep him out. Ya're strong enough."

"I see. And, in the event you are freed, what are your plans?"

"Destroyer."

"Hold that line of thought." He turns his head to look at the flutter pony, whose black coat is now receding back to normal brown. "Are we to engage in earnest, then?"

"No. I want to talk."

"And you are in control?"

She winces and leans on Blades. "No. That's why we need to talk."
    Night Jewel rolled her eyes. "We already went over the whole 'murdering each other' bit, as I recall. What else is there to talk about?"

"There is the fact that I have simply tired of this place. It has been the same for so long... I admit I had not thought about my freedom much at all. I will have to work it out later."

"Well, I don't think that's what our winged friend was thinking of."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

A Timely Entrance...Sort Of

It was at that moment that Sandy, with a long moan, clawed his way back to consciousness. The little stallion raised his head, looking bleary-eyed through the inky darkness. "Uhhhhhhh...wha...what happened?" he groaned out, rubbing his aching head. So many things running through his head; a fight at the entrance, something about a spell, pain, so much pain, half-dreams of walking through passages, an innocent pony's head exploding....Sandy lurched on Silverpine's back. He hoped against hopes that last one was a dream.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-12 at 07:48 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Mazes and Monsters
    And so they took the right path in this awful maze. After some time of partially blindly going through, taking this way and that, leaving a 'bread trail' to keep them from being lost. Or so I will take the liberty to assume that. Eventually, they got through a narrow one pony passage and up ahead somewhere in the darkness was a a slight bloop sound.

Whoever was in front of the line and had night vision prepped, or at least second in line would see a floating dead pony, just wobbling there along with other junk and debris. "Eh...I have the worse possible feeling about this..."
    "Why don't you tell us about it?" Silverpine said, though his tone was anything but sarcastic. Being one of the unaugmented, he obviously did not see anything amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A Timely Entrance...Sort Of

It was at that moment that Sandy, with a long moan, clawed his way back to consciousness. The little stallion raised his head, looking bleary-eyed through the inky darkness. "Uhhhhhhh...wha...what happened?" he groaned out, rubbing his aching head. So many things running through his head; a fight at the entrance, something about a spell, pain, so much pain, half-dreams of walking through passages, an innocent pony's head exploding....Sandy lurched on Silverpine's back. He hoped against hopes that last one was a dream.
    Silverpine craned his neck a little to glance back at his compatriot."Welcome back, Sandy. For now, vamponies to hunt, captain to save." Master of straight-to-the-point-summaries, Silverpine was.

14. - Top - End - #494

Vampony Maze

Staccata, as would be expected, is letting some big meaty pony shield her from danger like a good meatshield. With her little darkvision trick going on, she keeps an eye out, and an ear, and a nose just in case. When the vampony mistress says the worst possible thing, the rogue gives some advice.

"About the no-killing rule, we don't have that luxury right now."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine craned his neck a little to glance back at his compatriot."Welcome back, Sandy. For now, vamponies to hunt, captain to save." Master of straight-to-the-point-summaries, Silverpine was.
    Straight and to-the-point was just what the doctor ordered. Sandy's eyes bugged out as he scrambled to get himself back onto the ground. "The Cap'n! We...we gotta save her!" With a light *thud*, the engineer got his hooves on the ground and immediately fell over onto the hard rock. For some reason, it felt like somepony had tied his muscles in knots, then threw the knots in a tumble drier just for kicks. Leaning heavily on Siliverpine (as well as anypony else who moved to help him up), he shakily stood himself up. "Just give me a sec, I-I'll get us a light up in a jiffy," he said in response to Silverpine's remark.

His horn sparked and fizzled as he drew upon his depleted magical reserves, and soon his spotlight spell flickered to life. Without any direction on where to point it, he'd give a nice illumination of one of the stone walls.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow wiggles her nose and turns around once Sandy's voice is heard. In the dark with night goggles, it is hard to see him. Just an ugly green outline of pony shape. The spotlight spell dulls his vision as the goggle adjusts. So her eyes faced front once more.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

"Why don't you tell us about it?" Silverpine said, though his tone was anything but sarcastic. Being one of the unaugmented, he obviously did not see anything amiss.

"There's a dead...floating pony with its surroundings slightly glistening....we should turn back lest we meet the same fate.."
    She said vaguely enough and urged those who were behind her to step back in this small passageway.

Slosh slosh slosh

Something was coming their in their direction!

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

"There's a dead...floating pony with its surroundings slightly glistening....we should turn back lest we meet the same fate.."
    She said vaguely enough and urged those who were behind her to step back in this small passageway.

Slosh slosh slosh

Something was coming their in their direction!
    Ordinarily, Sandy would be smart enough to know that shining a light onto whatever monstrosity was coming your way was as sure a death sentence as pulling the black curtain in a horror movie. The pony would freeze, gasp and/or scream, and then bam; they're dead. But given his recent bout of unconscious, his head wasn't quite on straight.

Sandy shone the light straight down the passage, straight at the dead pony and whatever was coming their way.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Ordinarily, Sandy would be smart enough to know that shining a light onto whatever monstrosity was coming your way was as sure a death sentence as pulling the black curtain in a horror movie. The pony would freeze, gasp and/or scream, and then bam; they're dead. But given his recent bout of unconscious, his head wasn't quite on straight.

Sandy shone the light straight down the passage, straight at the dead pony and whatever was coming their way.
    Around the floating dead pony there was a slight shimmer as the light hit it and debris floating around the dead pony as well. That was what Sandy would see, along with the dead floating pony advancing at its slow and steady pace.

20. - Top - End - #500

Around the floating dead pony there was a slight shimmer as the light hit it and debris floating around the dead pony as well. That was what Sandy would see, along with the dead floating pony advancing at its slow and steady pace.
    Well hopefully that dead pony isn't the captain, the crewponies would likely freak-out and run. Staccata starts taking a position a little ahead in the group relative of what she was at. "Need to get moving."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

"It'll be all right, it'll be all right..." Blades held onto Arvadraa as she got up. "Ya can keep him out. Ya're strong enough."
    You realize I don't understand this at all.

Yes.

You want him dead...but you don't want to kill him?

Not your way. This is my fight. You don't even care.

My dear, it may be your fight, but it is our life.

Night Jewel rolled her eyes. "We already went over the whole 'murdering each other' bit, as I recall. What else is there to talk about?"

"There is the fact that I have simply tired of this place. It has been the same for so long... I admit I had not thought about my freedom much at all. I will have to work it out later."

"Well, I don't think that's what our winged friend was thinking of."
    "I'd rather take this to a better place. Right now, we all have something to worry about bigger than you, Destroyer." She nods to the forcefield.

"Agreed. I assume your thoughts are those of freedom."

"Why not?"

"The tale I was given suggests that her freedom would result in subjugation and/or destruction of our world. I would like to know if this is still the case."

"....Wait. What now?"

---

Daniel

He lowers both his jaw and his bow in disbelief.

"...A gelatinous cube? Really? Well if that's what we're going with...

Melee fighters in back! That includes you, Sandy! Everypony with a ranged weapon, keep up the fire! Maroon, take hold of Zephyr!"
    He then spends the rest of his round digging through his pack for all the arrows and backpedaling.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Daniel

Melee fighters in back! That includes you, Sandy! Everypony with a ranged weapon, keep up the fire! Maroon, take hold of Zephyr!"
    He then spends the rest of his round digging through his pack for all the arrows and backpedaling.
    (Wow. Gotta say, I actually didn't figure this one out.)

Sandy (and his light) stumbled their way to the rear of the group. He tried to keep the light focused on the approaching monster as best as he could; wasn't much he could do against these sorts of things. Except maybe chuck sand at it, but that'd be more irritating than damaging.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(Dang Kelvin. I was hoping someone would walk into to it before figuring it out.

Shame, Amish. Can't believe you missed it. Shame!)

"Permission to not waste ammo on an ooze, requested." asked Rainbow of Silverpine. The sniper backed away slowly.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Fruit Salad

"I'm fine...." Zephyr protested as he removed himself from anyone's hold. Damn, it was such a tight fit he couldn't spread his wings and fly over everyone's head.

"Fuuu...let's just all keep moving back from where we came from, no on stop, just keep moving back...!"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-13 at 05:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    (Dang Kelvin. I was hoping someone would walk into to it before figuring it out.

"Permission to not waste ammo on an ooze, requested." asked Rainbow of Silverpine. The sniper backed away slowly.
    "I'd like to point out that if this thing exists at all, there's no reason shooting it enough won't kill it. Plus, it's in the way."

Fruit Salad

"I'm fine...." Zephyr protested as he removed himself from anyone's hold. Damn, it was such a tight fit he couldn't spread his wings and fly over everyone's head.

"Fuuu...let's just all keep moving back from where we came from, no on stop, just keep moving back...!"
    "There's no rush. Ever seen jello move? Just backpedal at a leisurely pace."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aero
    Aero chomps down on pancakes!
    He tries to talk!
    He fails...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #507
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero
    Barb doesn't care.
    Because she sends the soldier upwards, through the earth unharmed, back to the top of the surface.
    "I'm not in the mood for killing today."
    "Wait what?-"
    He just says, his eyes suddenly widening the moment before being shot upwards, once upwards he's just plain confused, but then just goes on the business he was on before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero
    Aero chomps down on pancakes!
    He tries to talk!
    He fails...
    Mile just keeps prodding his brother "Hey! wake up!" And makes his brother wake up, a bit slower than normal; he just grunts
    "Hey there's pancakes!" Then just rushes outside, quickly pours a lot of honey onto some of them and DEVOURS them. Meanwhile his brother's just staggering out of the room, all shaggy.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'd rather take this to a better place. Right now, we all have something to worry about bigger than you, Destroyer." She nods to the forcefield.

"Agreed. I assume your thoughts are those of freedom."

"Why not?"

"The tale I was given suggests that her freedom would result in subjugation and/or destruction of our world. I would like to know if this is still the case."

"....Wait. What now?"
    Night Jewel glanced at Blades. "I'd actually say the ancient sealed mage seems relatively unlikely to go on a murderous rampage. Of course, if she does, she'll probably have the most spectacular one of any of us."

"Oh, I bear little ill will toward your world. Not unless I am abandoned again. There is much I have stopped caring about in my isolation, and vengeance is part of it. Besides, the ones who bound me are long since dead."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Daniel

(Wow. Gotta say, I actually didn't figure this one out.)

Sandy (and his light) stumbled their way to the rear of the group. He tried to keep the light focused on the approaching monster as best as he could; wasn't much he could do against these sorts of things. Except maybe chuck sand at it, but that'd be more irritating than damaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

Fruit Salad

"Well, either we're forced back, or we waste all our ranged ammo on this... creature," Silverpine growled. "Would be that we have some kind of explosives to disperse the creature at least... and the captain has all of that." To be sure, he popped off a shot from his shotgun anyway as he followed the group's retreat. Not that it was going to do much good, from the looks of things.

30. - Top - End - #510

"Well, either we're forced back, or we waste all our ranged ammo on this... creature," Silverpine growled. "Would be that we have some kind of explosives to disperse the creature at least... and the captain has all of that." To be sure, he popped off a shot from his shotgun anyway as he followed the group's retreat. Not that it was going to do much good, from the looks of things.

"At least they're slow,"
    Staccata states keeping her dagger away and backing back. Sentient goo is always weird, and you never know if it will inexplicably be half-dragon.

"We could take another path."
    Spoiler
    Show