New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    What there aren't Sweetie shipfics?
    there are Sweetie Belle shipfics...but i do not believe any Sweetie Bot ones
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    ts really killing me, but i dont have the time
    so much study @,@
    Understandable enough.

I had hoped for a little more attention on this story. I just don't have any idea how to make people notice it without EqD.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Seraphim pony!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool, but shouldn't the wings be covering the face.... and "feet" by which I mean plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well yeah, cause straight mares tend to be boring.
    I disagree (at least of AJ) but recognize that yes for many ponies this is the case.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, yes! But I didn't specify that in the drawing, and besides, I think she looks better that way. I should probably resize the drawing...

Spoiler
    Show

Easier to view!

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

I have to agree with Thanqol on the point; straightmares are better with a bit of sardonic wit. If AJ had just a touch more Edmund Blackadder (or perhaps even Rory WilliamsPond...), she'd be improved for it. (See Heartwarming.)

One of the things I like about Naruto is that almost everyone gets a turn at being, if not a straight-man, at least a foil to someone else's silliness. Pony does that as well, for the most part, but I think AJ and Celestia could stand to use a bit more of the silly occasionally.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Totally random, but the recent polls on EqD about best Halloween costume in Luna Eclipsed made me think ...

1. I voted for Rainbow Dash on the first, and had my mind blown when I saw that she was totally dominating that poll. I don't know if maybe people voted for their favorite pony instead of favorite costume. Anyway, personally I voted for her because her costume was obviously something she had made herself and it was clearly rather unskilled work. I bet that's why Rarity wasn't there, she was recovering from her heart attack upon seeing the stitches on RD's costume I always thought that was kinda cute, actually, that she made it herself. I like to imagine her being all proud of her creation.

2. Look at Scootaloo's wolf costume. Does that looks like something she made herself, or bought cheap? Not by a long shot. Clearly she has parents who can afford a quality costume for Nightmare Night

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I have to agree with Thanqol on the point; straightmares are better with a bit of sardonic wit. If AJ had just a touch more Edmund Blackadder (or perhaps even Rory WilliamsPond...), she'd be improved for it. (See Heartwarming.)

One of the things I like about Naruto is that almost everyone gets a turn at being, if not a straight-man, at least a foil to someone else's silliness. Pony does that as well, for the most part, but I think AJ and Celestia could stand to use a bit more of the silly occasionally.
    Who's a silly pony?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-10-09 at 06:38 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

I could agree with that. I liked her in that episode, and I liked 'Ah didn't learn anythin'!' as much as the next pony.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

I can't tell if that's a double entendre or not. Considering the source I imagine so.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

It was a happy accident.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am a little shocked that Rarity finished 2nd in the costume poll....
    and for the non-main char one they have up now...i voted for the cakes..and when i did i was the only one that had done so
    though they are now up to 66 votes and passed the mayor..
    that wig just killed it for alot of people i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I can't tell if that's a double entendre or not. Considering the source I imagine so.
    It was a happy accident.
    *snerk*

i jumped into shipmode at that line forgetting that there was a discussion going on about straight ponies in the comedic sense
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-10-09 at 09:01 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    2. Look at Scootaloo's wolf costume. Does that looks like something she made herself, or bought cheap? Not by a long shot. Clearly she has parents who can afford a quality costume for Nightmare Night
    Nah, she just has less mass to feed than an adult, so she's able to save up more of her Orphan Pegasus Stipend (which is redundant, but that's bureaucracy for you) for things other than food. Such as NN costumes.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Random Observation, just due to picture findings and such:

This fan base -really- likes ... flank. (minor language warning... I think)

It took me a bit to get caught up. I had to brush my teeth twice to get rid of the sugar induced tooth ache from the baby pics.

Also, how much time exactly passed in the show? Nightmare Night seems... oddly written, given the initial pilot involving Nightmare Moon... and Luna seemed a bit too different from her first persona. And lastly, I just realised: Woona = Luna. Derp.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-09 at 09:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

It took me a bit to get caught up. I had to brush my teeth twice to get rid of the sugar induced tooth ache from the baby pics.

Also, how much time exactly passed in the show? Nightmare Night seems... oddly written, given the initial pilot involving Nightmare Moon... and Luna seemed a bit too different from her first persona. And lastly, I just realised: Woona = Luna. Derp.
    Best Ponythread war yet

Anyways I think the timeline is that around a year has passed before Return of Harmony.

Now I'm not sure what you mean by oddly written. She was a legend that a holiday was based around. Luna misinterpreted the holiday as involving genuine fear of her. As for the change; it took time for her to recover from being zapped by the Elements of Harmony. That and being very shy initially due to just having tried to take over the world.

Finally are you working on your story idea? I am still waiting to give it a read.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Totally random, but the recent polls on EqD about best Halloween costume in Luna Eclipsed made me think ...

1. I voted for Rainbow Dash on the first, and had my mind blown when I saw that she was totally dominating that poll. I don't know if maybe people voted for their favorite pony instead of favorite costume. Anyway, personally I voted for her because her costume was obviously something she had made herself and it was clearly rather unskilled work. I bet that's why Rarity wasn't there, she was recovering from her heart attack upon seeing the stitches on RD's costume I always thought that was kinda cute, actually, that she made it herself. I like to imagine her being all proud of her creation.

I voted for the wolf for best other pony, actually. I'm a little annoyed that Derpy is winning, since everpony is clearly just voting for Derpy and I find it difficult to believe that they think brown bags are actually the best costume.

It was a happy accident.
    It took me a while to realize you were even talking about comedy setups. I guess you've reached the point of subconscious universe manipulation now.

I had to brush my teeth twice to get rid of the sugar induced tooth ache from the baby pics.
    Missions accomplished, everypony.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

17. - Top - End - #1007

That was bound to happen eventually.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Colossus in the Playground

This. Applejack is two drinks away from being an excellent character.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Eventually? The original song was written a year and a half ago.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Video. Also I voted for Pip.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #1010

Heyo, just popping in to see if anybody has seen the new Borderlands character's skill tree yet. See if you can find all the pony references. I'll give a hint: there are a lot.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The defense rests, your honor.

Best Ponythread war yet
    ... given that there are like 30 different warring factions in your origonal characters and such, I can only assume that the obvious answer to stupid question "How many wars have you guys been in!?!" is "we don't have fingers, so we can't count, but it's a lot."

Anyways I think the timeline is that around a year has passed before Return of Harmony.
    I mean, is there a consistent timeline for the episodes? How long has Twilight been in Ponyville?

Now I'm not sure what you mean by oddly written. She was a legend that a holiday was based around. Luna misinterpreted the holiday as involving genuine fear of her. As for the change; it took time for her to recover from being zapped by the Elements of Harmony. That and being very shy initially due to just having tried to take over the world.
    To be honest, other than Pinkie and the fillies having apparently been punking her, the fear toward Luna seemed completely real.

Also, for a Legend, it's odd that -NO ONE- seemed to recognise her, or at least be willing to even studder out about her in fear when she first came back at the final day of the sun celebration. And then going from "she just stole our ruler and threatened to cast us in eternal night again" to "pony santa claus" seems.... strange.

Being shy and such, and a bit a loof due to being gone for 1000 years is one thing. If she came out acting a bit like that, I'd have little question about her personality. But the brief exchange Luna had with Celestia when first changed back from Nightmare Moon (... which was oddly changed into apparently being a form she can assume at will?) set up a slightly different persona in my head; I at least wasn't expecting her to go all hamlet.

Finally are you working on your story idea? I am still waiting to give it a read.

Spoiler
    Show
    They're fighting eachother in my head and it's driving me crazy! And I can't satisfy either side right now! A 20 page essay over the history of music isn't writing itself, so that comes first before everything else (I'm only up right now because it's too late to use the library, and I can't really think about anything productively at night anyway).

The second idea, I don't know why I can't really explain. Part of me hates how it is com-****ing-pletely unorigonal and I should feel bad for it. At the same time, more of the dreams and visions have been about it than the dragon's tale...

Additionally, I feel like I should learn how to draw. I used to when I was a kid, but I stoped in school when people were breaking my hands and flushing my paper just to spite me. But I'm not sure how to write out what's going on in words... the scenes, the action, the emotions, they come to me in images... and I feel like it might be easier to breathe life into them through form than through words... But then again, drawing isn't the easiest thing to break into, especially for a hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Missions accomplished, everypony.
    And yet you all still fail. If you succeeded, I'd be at the doctor with gums bleeding to the point of missing teeth from the blood pushing them loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Eventually? The original song was written a year and a half ago.
    There's a horrible racial joke in here somewhere, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do such a thing on this forum, even if I'm part of that race, and I'm not sure if you'd all appreciate it, so I guess I can't.

Still, ya'll really like dat flank, dontcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I've posted this before. So I can call Swordsage!

.... wait, am I calling Pinkie here?

Eh, either way.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-09 at 11:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, is there a consistent timeline for the episodes? How long has Twilight been in Ponyville?
    Nope. Going by just sequence you have summer autumn and winter in the wrong orders, but Spike after that noting he's not had a birthday in Ponyville before. Some ponies like to try and put them together, but the show approaches no-continuity so its really nothing more then their choice.

Pretty evident the writing staff doesn't care to order them. And officially the show is supposed to be watchable in any order so they can market "theme" DVDs, which according to Shout Factory we can blame on the storefronts and distributor end of the kids market. Nothing sterotypes like mid-level marketers.

And yet you all still fail. If you succeeded, I'd be at the doctor with gums bleeding to the point of missing teeth from the blood pushing them loose.
    Pfft don't try to deny it now. You d'aww'ed and we all know it, trying to deny it now just makes it more obvious.

Its nothing to feel ashamed of, most of us have made alternate arrangements with our pancreas to remain among the living. I semi-routinely put something cut up as my background to keep the tolerance (not resistance mind) high.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nope. Going by just sequence you have summer autumn and winter in the wrong orders, but Spike after that noting he's not had a birthday in Ponyville before. Some ponies like to try and put them together, but the show approaches no-continuity so its really nothing more then their choice.

Pretty evident the writing staff doesn't care to order them. And officially the show is supposed to be watchable in any order so they can market "theme" DVDs, which according to Shout Factory we can blame on the storefronts and distributor end of the kids market. Nothing sterotypes like mid-level marketers.
    Ah. That explains a lot.

Pfft don't try to deny it now. You d'aww'ed and we all know it, trying to deny it now just makes it more obvious.

Its nothing to feel ashamed of, most of us have made alternate arrangements with our pancreas to remain among the living. I semi-routinely put something cut up as my background to keep the tolerance (not resistance mind) high.
    Oh, I'm not denying ****. That was almost the cutest thing ever. I did indeed smirk a bit.

Doesn't change the fact that only one person was even aware of the truth that the rest completely failed at.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, other than Pinkie and the fillies having apparently been punking her, the fear toward Luna seemed completely real.

Also, for a Legend, it's odd that -NO ONE- seemed to recognise her, or at least be willing to even studder out about her in fear when she first came back at the final day of the sun celebration. And then going from "she just stole our ruler and threatened to cast us in eternal night again" to "pony santa claus" seems.... strange.

Being shy and such, and a bit a loof due to being gone for 1000 years is one thing. If she came out acting a bit like that, I'd have little question about her personality. But the brief exchange Luna had with Celestia when first changed back from Nightmare Moon (... which was oddly changed into apparently being a form she can assume at will?) set up a slightly different persona in my head; I at least wasn't expecting her to go all hamlet.

Spoiler
    Show
    They're fighting eachother in my head and it's driving me crazy! And I can't satisfy either side right now! A 20 page essay over the history of music isn't writing itself, so that comes first before everything else (I'm only up right now because it's too late to use the library, and I can't really think about anything productively at night anyway).

The second idea, I don't know why I can't really explain. Part of me hates how it is com-****ing-pletely unorigonal and I should feel bad for it. At the same time, more of the dreams and visions have been about it than the dragon's tale...

Additionally, I feel like I should learn how to draw. I used to when I was a kid, but I stoped in school when people were breaking my hands and flushing my paper just to spite me. But I'm not sure how to write out what's going on in words... the scenes, the action, the emotions, they come to me in images... and I feel like it might be easier to breathe life into them through form than through words... But then again, drawing isn't the easiest thing to break into, especially for a hobby...
    Do you mean order of episodes timeline? Because it definatly does not go in chronological order in the show. There isn't an official one but some fan ones seem pretty solid.

As for how long...well Twilight arrives in Summer and is there in Spring so at minimum one year. It seems to be implied that Season 2 is after everything in Season 1 and starts with Discord's Return. Then she's there in Winter and warm months again so at least a half year. I would hazard that Twilight has been in Ponyville for 2 years by the end of the season.

Luna arrived with an unplanned lightning storm and is yelling at everypony. They think she's angry at them and their scared of her wrath. After that their nervous about being around somepony with that much power and no idea of how she's like.

The statue doesn't look that much like Nightmare Moon and likely wouldn't be on ponies minds when being confronted by a strange alicorn and eternal night. Plus she wasn't acting like the 'Santa Claus' version of herself. She wasn't trying to eat anyone and was speaking perfectly normal.

She's actually pretty aloof and shy in the episode. But she's too proud to admit it so she's acting in what she feels is a regal manner to make up for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well school comes first as always. I know my own writing has been put on hold as I study.

Like I said before I don't think your story sounded unoriginal. Give it a shot!

If you want to draw then go for it. But please tell me you weren't being literal when you said they broke your hands to stop you from drawing
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #1015

Alright, ponythread.

I've decided that we ALL need some good old fashioned brain-bleach. Why? I dunno, but brain-bleach is always good!

Please enjoy the cute.

Spoiler
    Show

(Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, man. Bwobs? It feels like it's been ages since we had Bwobs in the thread.
    Have some Bwobs.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

I would buy that set of muffin pajamas in a heartbeat if they existed.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so I'm finally working up motivation to restart work on my Fluttershy Mindscape fic, for its own sake. But I have a feeling that one of the core concepts is lacking: the cause of the conflict.

Let me recap since it's been so long since I've worked on this. The central concept is that through some mystical aid, Pinkie explores Fluttershy's mindscape to figure out what's got her critically depressed and avoiding all contact. The source of all this is an out of control Inner Critic dominating her mindscape and Pinkie goes through and talks to and deals with the other aspects of her personality to figure out what happened and how to deal with it.

Now this is where I'm having trouble. Currently what I have is that an accident in the marketplace has dredged up memories of a time when her exuberance unintentionally created a situation where an animal became severely injured. The problem that I have is that I can't really tie this to have her blaming herself over being joyful causing injuries. Would it make more sense for the resurgence of this memory to cause her to be ultra-careful to the point of not doing anything? Or should I change the cause of the rise of self-loathing?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I would buy that set of muffin pajamas in a heartbeat if they existed.
    Would you be able to spare a couple hundred bucks for a set of ties?

I especially like the Raritie.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. I've been in a terrible mood lately. It doesn't help I still don't have a job, and while my roommate isn't pressing the issue, I still feel guilty I'm not paying anything to be here. Even worse, I don't spend any time with him. To be fair, he does basically what I do all day. Browse the web, talk with online friends. He's in the Vector Club on Deviant Art too, so he spends a lot of time on that and updating his TWO Tumblrs. So, really, unless he has plans for us to do something together (and I'm broke so it would have to be free, usually it's chilling and watching something on NetFlix. Waiting for Archer Season 3 to pop up). Plus I'm already rather antisocial, but when I lived in Alabama, I spent most weekends with my friends (if I didn't have to work). We played Magic or D&D, or I watched em play video games (rarely got involved, not really a fan of most newer games, which could have killed my opportunity at a crappy part-time job at Gamestop). Anyway, I lost my train of thought. I think the point I was trying to make was:

I've been listening to MLP today mostly out of boredom (new NCIS episode was good though). The episode with Doodle just came and went. I remember this pony personality test I took. Not the one everyone has that only had the Mane 6, it was another that had other characters too. I don't remember which ones, but I ended up with Spike (and I can understand that to some points). I realized after the episode, that I am probably more like Cranky. At the end, Pinkie's letter mentions still being friends with someone even though you don't spend time with them. That's kind of how it is with me and my roommate I guess.

And, since this entire post isn't self-looking emo stuff, I looked up Cranky's voice actor, because I enjoyed his little nuances. Like Rarity, and I don't need to link the "why Tabitha is the best pony actress" again. Anyway, being obsessed with finding out who voiced who, I noticed Richard Newman, who voiced Cranky, also voiced Totosai in Inuyasha, and Captain Ginyu in one of the many incarnations of Dragon Ball z. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Oh, man. Bwobs? It feels like it's been ages since we had Bwobs in the thread.
    Have some Bwobs.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know why, but I have a serious hatred for the chubbies. I really don't know why. Seems to be an older thing though, because I saw them when I first entered the fandom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Heyo, just popping in to see if anybody has seen the new Borderlands character's skill tree yet. See if you can find all the pony references. I'll give a hint: there are a lot.
    Yeah, someone else linked it on MMOC. My only comment was "too many references in one place". One or two would be fine (World of Warcraft's new expansion seems to have two big ones), but that seems like overkill.

Maybe. Assuming seasons act the same way as they do in the real world, we can guess that a year had passed in season 1. Maybe more. Winter Wrap Up, then a few episodes later, Fall Weather Friends. This would assume that the Gala took place around late fall, maybe early winter. Then again, I believe the forests looked pretty green. Season 2 is harder because there's no real indicators there. Again, assuming their holidays fall on the same time period as ours, Luna Eclipsed and Hearth's Warming Eve tell us that fall and winter had passed. Most REAL shows don't even indicate time periods (How I Met Your Mother being a good exception, but in that case time is important). Most people just assume that each season is a year (in Scrubs, it's pretty much confirmed, because they mention at the beginning of most seasons about their "fourth year", or "fifth year", and they have a nice fourth wall breakage for this in season 8). So you can say two years. However, we also know that Spike has only had one birthday while in Ponyville, as we learned in Secret of My Excess. So...continuity problems? I mean, I can understand a bit in this show anyway, but they do a pretty good job of having everything pretty explainable.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-10 at 02:02 AM.