New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XII Part 2

Are you kidding? It's not a good thing to be Seer in three games at once.

My Professor X suffered because of it.

And that's Devil here.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

May I just say Lex. Well played. You had me fooled completely while I was alive. Welcome to the afterlife

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Indeed, hats off to you. Not to say that I'm not glad you're dead now

Go villagers!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Come on were....erm...wolf. I think. Let me check my handy-dandy list...

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, to pass the time of the night, we could have drinks in my tavern and just choose who we're going to lynch in the morning.

Maybe the god/narrator can just ignore the vote of the dead person.

*Opens bar*
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

6. - Top - End - #396

*Enters bar*
    *Has Drink*

you guysh are the besht!

*collapses*
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quickly, he's down, get him!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    You know, to pass the time of the night, we could have drinks in my tavern and just choose who we're going to lynch in the morning.

Maybe the god/narrator can just ignore the vote of the dead person.

*Opens bar*
    You can't ignore my vote! Imperial Psycho must die!

Again!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe we should do a blood test to see who the werewolf is, although I think the village already knows who we're going to string up.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

No wait! Don't rekill me! I'm the seer!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain's log:
    I cannot sleep. The gravity of the situation bears down on me so. I cannot ignore it, and I cannot share it, as it seems that to the perceptions of the townsfolk, I no longer exist. They take not the slightest note of me. There eyes slide past or even look through me, and they pass me unseeing, unhearing, unknowing. And so the situation bears down, and the night winds howl about me in this black, bleak, solitude which is all I know now of the world.
    My last remaining hope is of my old friend, for he seems the only one who still knows of my existence. But I have wandered the streets for some time and seen no-one. Not him nor no-one else. 'Tis as if the place were deserted, I cannot even see the few remaining survivors in their homes.

Nor shall you any more, my friend. As you are gone from their sight, so too are they from yours. You are fading fast. I am so very sorry.

My friend! But will you not show yourself to me? You are all that remains to me and I would fain have that support now.

It.. may be no more. We remained in each others eyes because we are linked, you and I. Both of us vessels for the Trickster, after our fashion. Twin weavers of this narrative, this game of life and death, which has so unfolded. But now, the end comes on fast, and your part is almost played out, your purpose served. You move out of the world, as I resurface into it, as a pair of scales. The weight is come now to me, and you are drifting away from the world correspondingly.

But my friend, how is this I can see your writing as it appears on this page, before my very eyes, but where are you? I see nothing around - a slight shadow, but it must be a mere trick of the light!

Nay, that is most likely all that remains of your sight of me. I am here, but we no longer walk in quite the same world. We have each crossed over in our own directions, and passed each other along the way these past few nights.
    Now I am afraid I must leave you here. You have one more task to perform - a death has happened tonight. Find it, lay down your report of it, and the Trickster will be done with you.
    Goodbye, dear friend.

I see the shade pass before my eyes and fade. As I suppose I must have faded from all others' views.
    Why? Why must this be? Some trade, perhaps? My life for that of my friend, who should have died but yet lives? So that onyl one of us may truly walk in this world? If so, why he? Am I not a good man? Am I not deserving of life?! WHY?
    Or is it nothing to do with my friend? Is it simply a whim of this so-powerful 'Trickster'? That I must die lest I skew his game? I have served him some amusement in this narrative of his, it seems, but now I am somehow superfluous, and must be written out of it. As the great Bard wrote, "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods - they kill us for their sport." I know not if this Trickster be god or devil or spirit but if it is ever within the compass of my powers to do so, I shall not let this stand!! He has toyed and tinkered with us all, killing us for his own amusement, as if we were naught but trinkets. But this is MY LIFE! My life which he has so abused, that I will not only be taken cruelly from this world by this implacable power beyond my control, but removed from all recollection of my companions too and who knows what awaits my ghost?! I am a soldier and a good one, and I do not fear to die, but this is no DEATH!!! This is worse. By the gods, the kind and benevolent gods in whom I still hold some vestiges of belief, I am not an overly emotional man, and yet this paper is streaked with tears, for I did NOT want to die this way!

I shall carry out my 'duty' faithfully. Whether it be for the Trickster's amusement or no, an account of these events may be important for any who come after us, and may preserve some small recollection of me, though I have vanished from the minds of near everyone. I shall go and find tonight's victim.

I have seen him. As I arrived he was not quite dead. I tried to attend to his wounds, his remaining life gave me wild hope, that there might be some hope left for all of us. I could not preserve his life, alas. But as he slipped away from me, his eyes locked on mine, seizing on them as a dying man will seize on anything to keep from crossing over into the undiscovered country. For I think the last time, a fellow of my race acknowledged me to exist, to live. It gives me a little more peace. I am resigned to my fate. I attach a full list of the dead, with brief accounts of the known events surrounding each death, though some of them are to my own shame.
    I do not think I can stay much longer. I can feel myself fading now.
    There is so much I might have wished to do with my life, that now I never shall...
    ...On whose eyes may I lock as I slip away? Even the Lieutenant-Colonel is no longer visible to me.
    I wish
    "...I do not know what I can say.
    ... do we have those papers he attached?"

"The papers had been somewhat scattered by the time we got to them. We believe that for the most part, they were the very papers we have been reading through."
    "The poor Captain. I wish something could be done. Some small remembrance for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Note on Captain's log:
    RIP, Captain Giles Elliot Sanderson. Dutiful Captain, devoted friend. Stalwart in the face of death, unbending in faith and morals to the end, and noble in his departure.
    A better man than many shall ever know.
    "Whence came this note?! It was not here a moment ago as I first read the paper?! How could it have been added without us seeing it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious note:
    It's rather incomprehensible I fear. I will see you soon, my love.

Terry.
    Summary: Andre Fairchilde (Originally Logarr) was killed. He was a Villager.
    Day 24 begins now and ends when I feel like it.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-10-27 at 03:20 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Again I march to my death, to respawn again in another game!

13. - Top - End - #403

Remaining Players...

GrlumpTheElder
    Andre Fairchilde
    VA_Beds
    MtheMinja
    Leta
    Duneyrr
    Lex-Kat

One Wolf to hunt them all
    One Wolf to cheat then
    One Wolf to lead them to the Dudnon-Marsters Colony
    And in the Madness Eat them
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

14. - Top - End - #404
    Mtheminja
    Guest in the Playground

Duneyrr

As the last member of the network (a villager), and this phase being the last of the game (due to being at lynch-or-lose (3 villagers, 1 wolf)), it is safe to say that VA_beds and GrlumpTheElder were judged by the network to be villagers, and Duneyrr to be a wolf.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait, hold on a second. Saying something is 'safe to say' is just silly. We obviously didn't win with killing Lex, and the game isn't over, so there is one wolf and if we don't get them tonight, we lose.

Honestly? I haven't been active lately (work has been a time killer) and haven't dedicated as much time to the game as you guys have, but looking at M's last few posts I got a lot of red flags.

He's been pushing for me based on... what? because I voted for VA_beds? I didn't do that. Because Andre thought so and he was the last to die? Fair enough, but he didn't offer any reasoning either. Mtheminja is the wolf. If either of you other two were ever contacted by a Mason or an actual member of the network that says otherwise, go ahead and lynch me, but then the wolf would almost have to be Grlump and I'm almost sure he's village so I know that neither of you have been told anything about M.

EDIT: I should make it clear that I was never contacted by the network and am not claiming to be part of it. I'm pretty much in the dark here, which is why I'm probably the best target.
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2011-01-03 at 12:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

duneyerr it is
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

17. - Top - End - #407
    Mtheminja
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Wait, hold on a second. Saying something is 'safe to say' is just silly. We obviously didn't win with killing Lex, and the game isn't over, so there is one wolf and if we don't get them tonight, we lose.

Honestly? I haven't been active lately (work has been a time killer) and haven't dedicated as much time to the game as you guys have, but looking at M's last few posts I got a lot of red flags.

He's been pushing for me based on... what? because I voted for VA_beds? I didn't do that. Because Andre thought so and he was the last to die? Fair enough, but he didn't offer any reasoning either. Mtheminja is the wolf. If either of you other two were ever contacted by a Mason or an actual member of the network that says otherwise, go ahead and lynch me, but then the wolf would almost have to be Grlump and I'm almost sure he's village so I know that neither of you have been told anything about M.

EDIT: I should make it clear that I was never contacted by the network and am not claiming to be part of it. I'm pretty much in the dark here, which is why I'm probably the best target.
    Leta gave VA_beds and Grlump very good evidence that we were what was left of the network. It was formed by scrying, so since he was proven a villager, I am also verified. It was safe to tell you, the last person who didn't know, because if we're wrong, and you're a villager, it's better for you to know.

In light of that, most of your post is meaningless, especially since everybody but you knew "I know that neither of you have been told anything about M" was precisely incorrect. You'll be happy to know that the network agrees, if you weren't the wolf, aka one of VA_beds or Grlump was, "the wolf would almost have to be Grlump" (in other words, VA_beds is trusted), but we're "almost sure he's village", so you are the top suspect. The network consistently put you higher in the wolf probability list than either of them, so now that it's down to the current 3, it definitely makes sense to go with you.

Supposing you are a villager, care to make an argument against who you think the network has fatally put its trust in?

After all, one wants it to be done neatly, either way...

18. - Top - End - #408
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtheminja View Post
    Supposing you are a villager, care to make an argument against who you think the network has fatally put its trust in?
    I'd say you! But your post is both convincing and well constructed.

In hindsight, my point at you feels more reactionary than anything to me now. I was suspicious of you voting me a few cycles ago for not pointing at Kyrian. I thought it strange that everyone jumped on Kyrian right after we had all jumped on cd4 and you... called me out on it? It just felt weird to me.

I don't have much of an argument, actually. I've gotten no PMs for this game and haven't been all that invested. All I can say is, so far, I'm the only one to have voted for Grlump for a long while and I did it as a random vote just to point off-wagon. All of the now confirmed wolves have been voting for VA_beds and Andre. And Grlump is an experienced player here, so I'm sure he's got some tricks up his sleeve. It's not much of a defense, but it's all I have.

Anyway, it wouldn't mean much switching my vote right now since we're pretty much hosed unless you and VA both switch. Oh, and I'm still not completely convinced about you either. I'll be checking all today and tomorrow though, so if VA switches I will.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm just gonna say that whatever way this pans out it's come right down to the wire! Mr. Thufir. A masterclass. Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #410

"And what then?"
    "Well, er, that's the last record we have."
    "And what did you find when you arrived in the area?"
    "Well, not much. The whole settlement was deserted as far as we could tell, and following a brief perusal of the papers we thought it best to simply take them and leave the place. We've also been keeping up some exceedingly careful precautions against the possibility any of us may have been infected by this lycanthropic ailment, though a couple of the natives we passed on the way back here seemed very sure we hadn't."
    "What did they say?"
    "Said we were safe, we were out of the game, or at the end of the game, or something like that. Said it was all over, and we would know the truth soon enough, from the words of the man who died to the world and of the man who does not exist."
    "Strange."
    "Indeed. They went on to say the rituals would be performed, the man informed, and the Trickster would only be released if it was allowed to be. Nothing else of note until we arrived back here, at these temporary headquarters, and had just started looking over the papers we took when you arrived, ma'am."
    "Then what now? At the last point of which we have record, there were 4 settlers still remaining, who might have been werewolves, and my husband. How long must we wait-"
    "Not long."
    "Terry!"
    Spinning around with this cry, she launched herself into his arms. The soldier, though shocked, pulled off a remarkably neat salute, which the newcomer returned more casually before speaking again.
    "Colony has been much depleted, sadly. All that remains of the original settlers I left with your men. Regrettably, the entire military group were killed by the werewolves, other than myself and Captain Sanderson - and what happened to him may be even more tragic."
    "Who?"
    "What?"
    "Oh, er... that's, er, not important, really."
    "But, Lieutenant-Colonel Miles, sir, we read an account of your disappearance, and the note you left behind. If I may ask, sir, how did you survive?"
    "Hard to say, really. At times it seems as though my life was spared simply to provide a narrative framework to the events which transpired. It was all rather curious. Sadly, it seems as if the rituals the natives perform are by no means superstitions, but rather are essential observances, since without them we were all puppets at the mercy of the Trickster. My role in events was a lighter one perhaps, but still not a pleasant one. I ran from the wolves, and with the wolves, and against the wolves, until it was unclear what was happening and why. And at some point there is simply... a gap in my recollection, after which I found myself knowing what was going on in the colony at all times, but unable to act on that knowledge, or to do anything but watch, wait, and deliver the occasional cryptic message. You say I survived, and it's certainly true that I am alive here, now, but it might be said that I did die, running from the wolves, that night. At the very least, through the whimsy of the Trickster, I may as well have been dead to the world through the events which followed."
    "Dead to the world?"
    "Of course! The man who died to the world! That must be what those natives meant who spoke to us!"
    "Oh, you met my, er... friends, did you? Yes, I saw them from time to time in the course of events, though they avoided me. But they sought us out, once it was all over. Yammered on about how we should've performed the rituals. Anyway, I dealt with that issue, and yes, I think that 'the man who died to the world' is what they've been calling me."
    "Then who may be the other to whom they referred? The man who does not exist, I think it was?"
    "Oh, er... that's, er, not important, really."
    "I suppose not. You're alive and well, that's all that matters, isn't it?"
    "Quite. Soldier, would you mind going and helping your men with sorting out the survivors? I'd like some time alone with my wife."
    "Of course, sir."
    "Children here?"
    "Yes. They fell asleep. And I didn't want to wake them until- until I knew... well. Yes. I must admit I'm rather tired myself as well, but I just couldn't rest until I knew what had happened."
    "Of course. I quite understand."
    "What did happen? From your point of view I mean."
    "Well, I'll tell you. I told you there's a gap in my recollections. Well, after that, I remember coming to..."

Some time later, he finished speaking. He turned to see his wife asleep, head on his shoulder.
    "Poor thing."
    He stroked her hair, kissed her on the forehead, and gazed at her in that way people do when they're in love, and overjoyed to be alive to experience it, but unable to express it too enthusiastically for fear of waiting their beautiful partner (A more common convergence of circumstances than you might expect).
    "Father?"
    "Oh, there you are, my boys. Be quiet, now, your mother's asleep. Is there a bed around here somewhere?"
    "Just a small one."
    "Well, that's alright, your mother's not particularly big either."
    And so he carried his wife to the bed, tucked her in carefully, then tiptoed back out with his two sons, picked them up one in each arm, and placed them on his knees as he sat down again.
    "Now listen up, boys. I've got a positively ripping yarn to tell the two of you..."

Summary: Duneyrr was lynched. He was a Werewolf.
    The Villagers wiped out the werewolves and won the game!
    Congratulations!
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-10-27 at 03:25 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #411

Recruitment started here.
    Game started here.

Survived (3/54):

{table=head]Name|Role
    Castaras/GrlumpTheElder II (AL-replaced Day 9)|Villager
    Mtheminja|Villager
    VA_beds|Villager[/table]

Died:

{table=head]Name|Role|Died
    Internet Flea|Villager|Lynched Day 1
    GrlumpTheElder|Villager|Killed Night 1
    Grag|Villager|Lynched Day 2
    billtodamax|Villager|Killed Night 2
    VampireRot|Villager|Lynched Day 3
    Leta|Villager|Killed Night 3
    bruntonspall|Villager|Lynched Day 4
    razovor|Mason|Lynched Day 5
    Strategos|Replaced by Internet Flea|Autolynched Day 5
    The Cyberwolf|Replaced by billtodamax|Autolynched Day 5
    (name here)|Replaced by Leta|Autolynched Day 5
    Aemoh|Villager|Killed Night 5
    Annon|Werewolf|Lynched Day 6
    IXI FatTony IXI|Baner|Killed Night 6
    Imperial Psycho|Werewolf|Lynched Day 7
    Phase|Villager|Killed Night 7
    TheBritish|Villager|Lynched Day 8
    lostlittlebear|Replaced by bruntonspall|Autolynched Day 8
    Robz_defheadz|Replaced by Wheat|Autolynched Day 8
    Valaqil|Replaced by TheBritish|Autolynched Day 8
    Ramsus|Fool|Killed Night 8
    Matt K|Werewolf|Lynched Day 9
    Castaras|Replaced by GrlumpTheElder|Autolynched Day 9
    Internet Flea II|Mason|Killed Night 9
    Alarra|Werewolf|Lynched Day 10
    calar|Mason|Killed Night 10
    Project Mayhem|Werewolf|Lynched Day 11
    bruntonspall II|Villager|Killed Night 11
    Kantur|Villager|Lynched Day 12
    Helgraf|Replaced by spacebic|Autolynched Day 12
    king.com|Replaced by Qwaz|Autolynched Day 12
    Philistine|Villager|Autolynched Day 12
    Wheat|Mason|Autolynched Day 12
    TheBritish II|Villager|Autolynched Day 12
    Julian84|Mason|Killed Night 12
    Gray Mage|Werewolf|Lynched Day 13
    The Bushranger|Villager|Killed Night 13
    Zar Peter|Villager|Lynched Day 14
    Odd Fielding|Villager|Autolynched Day 14
    billtodamax II|Villager|Autolynched Day 14
    Orangeban|Werewolf|Lynched Day 15
    spacebic|Villager|Autolynched Day 15
    Murska|Villager|Killed Night 15
    Eldritch Knight|Werewolf|Lynched Day 16
    Tasroth|Seer|Killed Night 16
    The Fiery Tower|Werewolf|Lynched Day 17
    Horoar|Villager|Killed Night 17
    Zanshin|Werewolf|Lynched Day 18
    Logarr|Replaced by Andre Fairchilde|Autolynched Day 18
    Uber-Gam3r|Mason|Killed Night 18
    Tydude|Werewolf|Lynched Day 19
    madeyegeorge|Villager|Killed Night 19
    cd4|Villager|Lynched Day 20
    Qwaz|Mason|Killed Night 20
    Kyrian|Villager|Lynched Day 21
    Ghanz Nmi|Villager|Killed Night 21
    Griever|Werewolf|Lynched Day 22
    Leta II|Villager|Killed Night 22
    Lex-kat|Devil|Lynched Day 23
    Andre Fairchilde|Villager|Killed Night 23
    Duneyrr|Werewolf|Lynched Day 24[/table]
    Nights 4 and 14 no-one died.

Survey time!
    Did you enjoy the game?
    Did you like your role?
    Were you impressed by how close the game was?
    Did you think the Villager:Wolf ratio was balanced?
    What did you think of the narrations?
    Did you think the narrator otherwise did a good job?
    Any other comments?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #412

Did you enjoy the game?
    Absolutely. While I love coming up with complicated rulesets, there is a great charm in Classic's simplicity.

Did you like your role?
    Narrating is fun.

I really was. It seemed to swing back and forth quite a bit, so I was sure the wolves were going to win, and then I was sure the Villagers were going to win, then the wolves, then the villagers, and then the game ended. But of course it went right down to that last day, if they'd lynched someone else, that plus the kill would have won the game for the wolves instead.

Probably? Given the number of autolynches, I'm not sure (Though it must be noted that while the autolynches reduced the number of villagers, that also reduced the number of people amongst whom the wolves could potentially hide). At any rate, autolynches always happen so really they should be allowed for, and the game was really close as I said. But arguments can possibly be made that if one team or other had done such-and-such, then blah blah blah...
    So, probably.

I liked them, naturally, though I was having difficulty coming up with ideas from time to time. Also the style I chose imposed a natural restriction on me: since all the narrations were written as accounts from after the fact, the night kills could not in general be described in detail. No omniscient third person narrator. Partly as a result of this, many such narrations ended up being basically all about the NPCs rather than about the person who just died. I hope people who received such narrations, and people who received exceedingly short narrations when I couldn't think of anything interesting, can forgive me for that. Because I had a lot of fun with those NPCs.
    Oh, also, I hope people enjoyed my little nods to the WW community as well.

Terrible. So many late narrations! Need to be a bit more on the ball to keep up with this stuff. I mean it's not as if they required a great deal of thought to write, now is it?
    That said, I did keep track of the game reasonably well, especially given I lost my spreadsheet halfway through...

Any other comments?
    A great many, which will be detailed in another post. I'm not sure if it'll be quite a day-by-day breakdown of the game from my point of view, but it could end up as such. I have a lot of thoughts about how this game went, regarding role allocation, rules confusion, and the various stuff the two sides did.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    I really did. I'm amazed how interesting it was even after I died. I certainly enjoyed my time alive a bit more of course but my death was inevitable.
    Did you like your role?
    Indeed I did. It probably helped that I found out quickly and decided to announce such in a brash plan that happened to be amazingly interestingly timed.
    Indeed I was. For the longest time I thought we'd nailed it. Only later did I realize there were more wolves than I thought there were.
    I'm still fairly new here so it's hard for me to judge these things but I'd say it seems that was the case.
    They were amazing.
    Honestly I stopped being an active participant so long ago I have no idea. (I have a poor memory.)
    Any other comments?
    Well it was fun to be included in the network and help it where I could.

It was also quite fun to have an actual rivalry with another player for a good several turns where we both knew what was going on and our battle was to convince other people with no proof but our words that we were the correct one. I was actually surprised I lived through the following night.

It was a real shame the Baner was randomly distrustful of me (especially since he was specifically the person who invited me to the game...by me I mean a group of people that happened to include me) and I think that's part of why he died so quickly though I can't be sure.

Edit: I think all the dead people talking helped me enjoy things a bit too. I hope it wasn't disruptive for the people who were alive.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-01-06 at 07:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Go Team Village!

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah!
    Did you like your role?
    Yeah. AL replaced king.com as a Mason.
    Very.
    Yes. Wasn't sure when we lost the seer but when it came down to the wire like that. Only thing that annoyed me was the AL on a Mason But then I suppose it wouldn't have been so close without that.
    Amazing. Mine will be nowhere near that quality.
    Uh huh. Only came in half way so can't talk about the first half. Didn't mind the slower pace toward the end because this time of year I think almost everyone has stuff they're doing!
    Any other comments?
    Lex is the devil!!! I'll get you yet

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

It was a good game, and I came in very late so I don't have a very legitimate opinion.

However, in my opinion (and only my opinion - I'm *not* trying to throw any bombs) the auto-lynch replacement totally gave the Villagers the advantage.

It only took a day or so for the Villagers to bring me into their network, and by then "we" (I can't take any credit for the magnificent win) knew who the remaining wolves were.

Note - this does not take away from the victory. It's still really hard to win a WW Classic game.

I wouldn't keep an autolynch replacement for Classic - the auto-lynches are *arguably* a system to keep the game balanced. But I delve into a long conversation about game mechanics that has already been had, repeatedly over the course of at least three years.

Anyway, was happy to take a safe night kill away from the real heroes of the game.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    That would be a definite yes.

Did you like your role?
    My first time as Seer! I was perhaps a bit slow off the mark, but I enjoyed being right at the heart of the network.

Oh yes. I didn't realise how close it was going to be until after I was killed. I pretty much read my death scene, posted my encouragement for the surviving villagers, then turned around from the computer and asked Thufir how many wolves were left. It was more than I expected.

I think so. I don't think the actual auto lynches favoured either side. Sure, there were fewer villagers, but from my point of view, that also meant less suspects to scry. And since the game came right down to the wire, I'd consider that balanced.

Very interesting style, though sometimes it made them difficult to read, particularly if I was in a hurry.

I think I remember some late updates, but my attetion has been diverted over the past couple of weeks, so I can't remember clearly. No real issues to complain abiout though.

Any other comments?
    Firstly, scrying 2 masons the first 2 nights gave us a big advantage. And then having the guy I scried night 3 claim Seer/Fool the following day... yeah, I wasn't sure I was the Seer at that point, and I knew that had to be a lie.

Secondly, I was both impressed and slightly exasperated with the other members of the network after my death. Impressed, because they were picking out wolves I hadn't suspected. Exasperated because I gave them a couple of my suspicions before my death. One (VA_beds, who I was scrying the night I died) I was wrong (though another night alive would have netted us another network member, so no bad thing there). The other was Lex. As well as the number of wolves, I asked Thufir about my suspicions. I kept wanting to say "lynch her, dammit, she's the Devil!"
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

I liked the game, and to be frank, it's been one of the few classics I paid attention to, so I can say that I liked it more than usual. The down-to-the-wire ending is always nice, aswell.

I expected to be killed a bit earlier, I'm pretty impressed with the network picking out many of the wolves so quickly even after the Seer's death. I didn't do much for the team other than act as a public voice, but I guess that's part of my specialty anyway.

I liked the narrations, though I admit I didn't read all of them after my death. However, I did keep an eye on the game. I'd suggest having one less wolf except that'd put them down to thirteen and we all know that'd be completely unfair.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    If I join again, do I get dual roles?
    No, but you do get to die twice.

Did you enjoy the game?
    I enjoyed the game, and hopefully didn't ruin it for anyone with the Mason civil war there. (To any future Seer/Fools; unless there are disguised wolves, you should probably start forming a network after night 1, especially when you scry a power role. You can figure your role out more quickly, a Fool network is dissolved as easily as it is formed, and it makes it a little more obvious when a wolf is claiming Seer.)

Did you like your role?
    The second one especially.
    Yes. I thought we were getting close to victory when Eldritch Knight went down, and then I come back and we're down to eight players, WHAAAAT?
    Probably. We missed pretty badly for a while, then we hit them pretty accurately for a while, and it seemed consistently lopsided in one direction or another, like a teeter-totter.
    Enjoyed them.
    Sure.
    Any other comments?
    I was thinking if Alarra was a wolf then Lex-Kat was as well, but I didn't think Alarra was so I was waiting for the scry result to point it out. Then I died.

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Odds of pointing a 4 different wolves by blind guessing alone if you're a villager...0.4%-0.5%.

Spoiler
    Show
    (14/54)*(13/51)*(12/48)*(11/45)

Assuming 14 wolves from 54 players. The first 6 deaths all villagers and needing to hit different wolves.
    But you're assuming that cd4 would randomly point at himself, so the odds for finding a wolf each turn are raised by a percent or two. Plus there's the issue of why a wolf would point at four other wolves and then not try anything crazy, since the only point of doing so would be for overanalyzing people who would clear the others based on that vote, which doesn't work if the others die first. (Plus Alarra pointed at him via PM, but I don't think you were there for that.)
    So yeah, that's been bothering me.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes! My first classic ever and it was wonderful!
    Did you like your role?
    Yes and yes! After Annon died and Alarra was called away I took the lead as the 'vote sending in person' and it was fun. Thanks to Lex for actually finding the power roles!
    Honestly? Yes. I thought the wolves were going to win handily, but then we started dropping like flies.
    Did you think the Villager:Wolf ratio was balanced? At the beginning, yes. Halfway through, no. At the end, yes.
    Loved the narrations. I liked the sense of panic and the different personalities.
    54 players, no co-narrator, and (somewhat) consistent results? I don't think anyone can really say otherwise.
    Any other comments?
    I have all of the wolf PMs saved on my laptop. If you want to see what was going on on the wolf side, I'd be happy to post them or give them to Thufir for his write-up (If Lex and Alarra don't mind!)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes, Very Much.

Did you like your role?

Heh, this is one of the two first werewolves games I have played, ever. I was a wolf in both. Furture WW games are going to seem so boring now...

Yes. I look back and I wonder "if I had just done X instead of Y, would we have won?" (see below) To me, that means it was a very good game.

Meh...yes, with caveats. I would have preferred a smaller Wolf:Villager ratio, with no AL replacement. I would rather autolynches just die, rather than become semi-trustowrthy villagers.

Loved 'em.

I would be cursing your name the day I died if that one villager hadn't voted twice, and I had died because you were late. As it was, you did an excellent job of spotting a double-voter and I died fairly

Any other comments?

I was thiiiiis close to my plot working. The idea was, we already knew who the baner was. The network had asked the baner to contact them publicly. I already knew I was an up-and-coming wolf-skin rug since I had been scryed, but I thought I could take Ramsus and/or a Mason down with me after the baner died the that night if I lived through the day, but my timing was so very, very close. As in, if I had posted a couple hours later, I might have had that one single vote go for Mayhem instead of me.
    Last edited by Annon; 2011-01-06 at 12:21 PM.