New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Fifty-Eyed Fred's Ferociously Fanatical and Fabulously Fascinating Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    That reference will have no meaning to the Troll. That movie is too old for him.
    Pfft. I've seen plenty of old films. Like Snow White and The General.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fifty-Eyed Fred's Ferociously Fanatical and Fabulously Fascinating Random Banter

You mean Zombieland, right?
    ... yes.

Too many movies with somethingland. How is guy supposed to keep them straight? And don't mention Google.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-12-27 at 02:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    ... yes.

Too many movies with somethingland. How is guy supposed to keep them straight? And don't mention Google.
    The fact that Zombieland came out in 2009 would help.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    The fact that Zombieland came out in 2009 would help.
    Adventureland did too. That's part of the reason I got mixed up. Not to mention there were amusement parks in both.

It's all very confusing.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, Adventureland did poorly in the Box Office.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrugs* The point is I've seen them both. Not to mention I have a poor memory at best. So yay, confused RPGs.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-12-27 at 03:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am now attempting to eat a rather large slice of Christmas cake.

For those unaware of this Britlander tradition:
    It is traditionally a cake with fruits, nuts and candied peel that one starts making in October and involves about half a bottle of brandy to start off before being left to' settle' until a few days before Chrismas day
    Then every week between the original making and the icing one has to add about a tablespoon (or more) of brandy to keep it moist.
    Then it's covered in marzipan and then smothered in a lot of royal icing.

It will then last until about next June or longer.

Some people say it's not a proper Christmas cake unless it bleeds brandy when cut.
    It is in fact extremely possible to get drunk off one slice of Christmas cake due to it containing the best part of at least two bottles of brandy.

This particular cake was made in mid-Spetember and contains a little more than three bottles of brandy. I can taste brandy, some icing and if I concentrate, some food.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I am now attempting to eat a rather large slice of Christmas cake.

It is traditionally a cake with fruits, nuts and candied peel that one starts making in October and involves about half a bottle of brandy to start off before being left to' settle' until a few days before Chrismas day
    Then every week between the original making and the icing one has to add about a tablespoon (or more) of brandy to keep it moist.

It will then last until about next June or longer.

Some people say it's not a proper Christmas cake unless it bleeds brandy when cut.
    It is in fact extremely possible to get drunk off one slice of Christmas cake due to it containing the best part of at least two bottles of brandy.

This particular cake was made in mid-Spetember and contains a little more than three bottles of brandy. I can taste brandy, some icing and if I concentrate, some food.
    Wierd Britlanders... In Wisconsinland we just eat cheese.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

9. - Top - End - #1449

I didn't even know the bolded bits, and I'm fairly certain we've never done them. Brandy may be involved in the making, I'm not sure, but if it is, it'll evaporate during the baking, so the finished cake won't actually be alcoholic.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

But Absolutely Fabulous is fabulous.
    ...So you don't like fabulous things? Because that's what I leant my support to anyway. Just, apparently, for the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    None can resist the charms of the Goddess.
    'strue.

Though I never would've pegged Koorly as a christmas cake eater. Hey-oo!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Who you gunna call?
    Ahh, ghost busters...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-12-27 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1451

We have something like that in my family, the Christmas Pudding. We make it the day of, or the day before, it's cooked with brandy, but it's also liberally doused in brandy when it's served, and then it's set aflame, and it makes beautiful blue flames that dance around it. It's delicious.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

12. - Top - End - #1452

I didn't even know the bolded bits, and I'm fairly certain we've never done them. Brandy may be involved in the making, I'm not sure, but if it is, it'll evaporate during the baking, so the finished cake won't actually be alcoholic.
    It doesn't evaporate. It honestly doesn't, don't know why, don't care. I like to think there's so much brandy in the cake that if it evaporated there would no longer be any cake to eat.
    But I've helped in making these kinds of cakes and participated in eating them, there's a lot of brandy.I think it's to do with the soaking, so that the brandy binds chemically (yeah, I'm mnaking all this up now) with the actual atomic structure of h=the food, and thus the brandy doesn't evaporate at all.

...So you don't like fabulous things? Because that's what I leant my support to anyway. Just, apparently, for the wrong reasons.
    Wrong reasons, but right thing.

I pegged Koorly as a christmas cake eater. Hey-oo!
    Well, given my love of Freddie Mercury and David Bowie . . . yeah. I'll have my Christmas Cake and eat it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1453

NecromancerGuy

Well, given my love of Freddie Mercury and David Bowie . . . yeah. I'll have my Christmas Cake and eat it.
    I love how you made my quote even dirtier out of context than it was to begin with. XD

...And now I'm imagining Zombie Freddy Mercury. And it is still awesome.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1454

It doesn't evaporate. It honestly doesn't, don't know why, don't care. I like to think there's so much brandy in the cake that if it evaporated there would no longer be any cake to eat.
    But I've helped in making these kinds of cakes and participated in eating them, there's a lot of brandy.I think it's to do with the soaking, so that the brandy binds chemically (yeah, I'm mnaking all this up now) with the actual atomic structure of h=the food, and thus the brandy doesn't evaporate at all.
    Well, I once had a minor dispute over this with Baking Ex-Housemate when I swore I got mildly tipsy on his Bailey's brownies, but he produced the "It evaporates and just leaves the flavour" argument.
    Anyway, the impression I got from what you said was that the additional brandy to keep it moist was applied post-baking, in which case it obviously wouldn't evaporate. Was I wrong?

It is a fact acknowledged on TVTropes that some old people are still really attractive. David Bowie is one of those people.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #1455

NecromancerGuy

Is the first half bottle of brandy pre or post baking?

If it's pre-baking then it should get cooked and thus no longer be alcoholic. Now as for the post-baking stuff, I believe the alcohol remains, for the most part, with it mainly being the water evaporating.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-12-27 at 04:58 PM.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1456

I love how you made my quote even dirtier out of context than it was to begin with. XD

...And now I'm imagining Zombie Freddy Mercury. And it is still awesome.

I aim to please.
    Zombie!Freddie would be awesome. It would also make 'Another One Bites The Dust', 'All Dead' and such all the funnier.

Well, I once had a minor dispute over this with Baking Ex-Housemate when I swore I got mildly tipsy on his Bailey's brownies, but he produced the "It evaporates and just leaves the flavour" argument.
    Anyway, the impression I got from what you said was that the additional brandy to keep it moist was applied post-baking, in which case it obviously wouldn't evaporate. Was I wrong?
    Coidzor (below post) says otherwise. But I fail science and math, so I defer to his expertise.

It is a fact acknowledged on TVTropes that some old people are still really attractive. David Bowie is one of those people.
    Indeed.

Is the first half bottle of brandy pre or post baking?

If it's pre-baking then it should get cooked and thus no longer be alcoholic. Now as for the post-baking stuff, I believe the alcohol remains, for the most part, with it mainly being the water evaporating.
    It's added pre-, post- and during the baking process. So a bit of everything.

Aaaargh, half an inch thick icing.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

thanks to tvvtropes i k now daid bowie's crotch has it's own religion
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

18. - Top - End - #1458

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    Thanks to TV Tropes I know David Bowie's crotch has its own religion.
    Well yeah. Labyrinth. If you've seen that you're no longer a virgin.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1459

I aim to please.
    I'm sure you do.

It's added pre-, post- and during the baking process. So a bit of everything.
    So, there, you see, the alcoholic...ness... will be from the post- and possibly the during.

Well yeah. Labyrinth. If you've seen that you're no longer a virgin.
    I don't quite know whether to or
    You're deliberately prompting and propagating dirty thoughts and conversation trends, this is not normal!
    Also, I need to watch that film.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaargh, half an inch thick icing.
    Is that a good kind of aaaargh or a bad kind of aaaargh?
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

21. - Top - End - #1461

NecromancerGuy

I don't quite know whether to or
    You're deliberately prompting and propagating dirty thoughts and conversation trends, this is not normal!
    Also, I need to watch that film.
    It is, however, new and exciting! I for one welcome our Koorly Overlady.

I've only ever caught bits and pieces of the film, but the parts I have seen make me want to pick it up if I ever see it. Still eludes me, however.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-12-27 at 05:51 PM.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Forget the Ghost Busters, we have Nappa.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Silly Koorly. There's no such thing as a double bonded hydrogen atom.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    But, but, I WASNT HITTING ON HER.
    Whyever not?

Manliness is overrated for sure. There're more attractive things than simply having a quantity of testosterone.
    Depends. It can be done right.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

25. - Top - End - #1465

It is, however, new and exciting! I for one welcome our Koorly Overlady.
    Oh, I welcomed her some time ago (IF you know what I mean), but this departure from the normal run of things (If you know what I mean?) nonetheless arouses* my questioning nature (...if you know what I mean)

You see. This is what it has done to me!

ION: The vagaries of my internet connection amuse me sometimes. The last few posts I made before this one were made from my bed, upstairs. The modem is downstairs. Occasionally my internet connection cuts out as a result of the distance. When this happens, my usual response is to take my laptop off my legs and put it down on the surface of the bed. And then it generally starts working again.

*OK, slipping that in there (If you know what I mean) was a bit of a stretch (If... OK I'll stop now)
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

I was wondering how long it would be until some one did this. I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Whyever not?
    Well... Why? She's, like, 3 years older then me.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

I just had a biggest spontaneous nosebleed ever. Now I finally understand how the anime characters feel. If I didn't loose a 0.1 gallon of blood there...

Seriously, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I'm feeling a little light headed atm and I should probably see a doctor about it. Of course, with new year coming up and whatnot, I'll probably just forget about it until it happens next time. Oh well. Lets hope it was a lonely happenstance.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Don't talk to me about nosebleeds.

IN MORE AWESOME NEWS
    We are inaugurating our new deep fryer today. We`re just heating up the oil for yamfries, and it will be glorious.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Don't talk to me about nosebleeds.

IN MORE AWESOME NEWS
    We are inaugurating our new deep fryer today. We`re just heating up the oil for yamfries, and it will be glorious.
    deep friers are fun. especially for shrimp, or catfish, or gator
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga