New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] Epic Feats [P.E.A.C.H and suggest more!]

Hey all!

I'm working on my epic rules (still) and I need more epic feats, so if you've any ideas for epic-level feats then please post them.

I've thrown out epic spellcasting as it is, so no Epic Spellcasting feats. I'm also only using some of the listed epic feats, a lot I've tossed out.

So, what can you guys think of? ^^

(Spell levels progress without the need for a feat, at the same speed as they do normally. Yes, full casters get 10th level spells at level 19.)

(I'm not including any psionic feats because I don’t use psionics and don’t know them well enough.)

I'll put my list up soon, I've nearly finished compiling a list.

Edit: Ok! My list is up! Everyone P.E.A.C.H!
    Edit: The previous upload expired, so there's a new one now.

Current revision: Word .doc
    Last edited by Myou; 2010-11-28 at 04:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5] Suggest Epic Feats

Epic Tripping:

Prereq: Int 13, Combat Reflexes, Improved Trip.

Every time you make a trip attack, it deals the same damage as a normal attack. You may make all of your full attack attempts a trip attempt. You still gain AoOs for tripping an opponent as normal. Any AoO on an opponent attempting to stand up automatically trips them if it hits.

I think it needs to be worded a bit better, and it may make tripping overpowered, but it seems like a cool feat. Then again, making every attack a touch attack may be a bit much, but it is an epic feat.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-08-25 at 07:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

wink Re: [3.5] Suggest Epic Feats

I'm gonna go through and just convert a lot of Exalted charms into epic feat ideas....

There Is No Wind: Give ranged attacks unlimited range.

Arrow Storm Technique: Make a single ranged attack an area attack, to represent shooting off a giant cloud of arrows as one attack.

Knockout Blow: Upgrade stunning fist, automatically deal nonlethal damage to an enemy equal to its max hp for some cost.

Peony Blossom Attack: Negate iterative attack penalties.

Iron Whirlwind: Upgrade to Peony Blossom, gain additional iterative attacks.

Iron Raptor Technique: Male melee attacks at range.

Heavenly Guardian Defense: Expend an AoO to completely negate an attack.

Ready in Eight Directions Stance: Anyone who attacks you in melee provokes a counterattack–which doesn't require you to expend an AoO.

Joint-Wounding Attack: Attacks that deal a certain amount of damage impose penalties on enemies.

Observer-Deceiving Attack: Deny an enemy their Dex bonus to AC by paying some cost.

Tiger Warrior Training Technique: Upgrade Leadership, all followers gestalt their normal levels with Fighter levels.

Elusive Dream Defense: Negate a mind-affecting ability by paying some cost, become immune to anything that would repeat that influence for the scene.

Memory-Reweaving Discipline: Use bluff checks to mimic the modify memory spell.

Husband-Seducing Demon Dance: Use Performance checks to mimic charm spells.

Hypnotic Tongue Technique: Set a contingent trigger on a social roll, so that it only hits the target later.

Adamant Skin Technique: Gain damage reduction based on your Con score.

Craftsman Needs No Tools: Make Craft checks without the need for tools or workshops, and much faster.

Judge's Ear Technique: Always know when someone is lying to you, even by magic.

Harmonious Academic Methodology: Upgrade Leadership, all your followers gain gestalt levels in Magewright.

All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight: Gain permanent true seeing and greater arcane sight.

Graceful Crane Stance: Always succeed on Balance checks.

Mountain-Crossing Leap Technique: Use Jump checks to jump for miles, instead of feet.

Lightning Speed: Run at speeds of multiple miles per hour.

Spider-Foot Style: Permanent spider climb effect.

Unsurpassed Sense Discipline: Always succeed on Spot and Listen checks.

Surprise Awareness Method: Always keep Dex bonus to AC.

Seven Shadow Evasion: Attacks made with a BAB (including attack bonuses) lower than your Dex modifier automatically miss.

Flow Like Blood: Gain AC bonuses against iterative attacks made in a full attack.

Leaping Dodge Method: Spend an AoO to jump away when you get full attacked.

Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise: Always succeed on Disguise checks.

Flawless Pickpocketing Technique: Always succeed on Sleight of Hand checks.

Lock-Opening Touch: Always succeed on Open Lock checks, no tools required.

Door-Evading Technique: Become ethereal.

Easily Overlooked Presence Method: Always succeed on Hide and Move Silently checks.

Vanishing from the Mind's Eye Method: Make retroactive Hide and Move Silently checks, to make people who've already noticed you forget you're there.

Flashing Thunderbolt Steed: Dramatically increase the speed of any mount the character rides.

Sometimes Horses Fly Approach: Any mount the character rides gains a fly speed.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this allowing ToB? If so...

Epic Maneuver Recovery - At the start of your turn once per round, choose an expended maneuver and it's automatically recovered. Take this multiple times to recover more than one per round.

Epic Boost - You may use two boosts in one swift action three times per day. You may take this multiple times to use it 3 more times per day. (Swordsage ability adds to number of times per day.)

Epic Stance - You may gain the benefits of two stances at one time. This stacks with the warblade's Stance Mastery ability. You may take this multiple times. Each time adds an additional stance that you may use at one time. (Should probably restrict this to level 25+ and/or have some other epic feat restrictions.)

Intensify Maneuvers 1-5 - Double all beneficial numerical effects of maneuvers and stances of first, second, third, fourth, and fifth levels. If it deals damage, double the damage dealt. If it grants resistance, adds speed, heals HP, grants a penalty, or provides a bonus, double the effect. Only numbers beneficial to you are doubled; those that penalizes you are left as they are. You may take this multiple times; each time adds 100% of the original value to the numerical bonuses.

Intensify Maneuvers 6-9 - As Intensify Maneuvers 1-5, but applicable to all maneuvers of sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth levels. Requires Intensify Maneuvers 1-5 as a prerequisite.

Searing Sands - While in a Desert Wind stance, you may ignore the fire resistance and fire immunity of enemies.

Guardian of Steel - While in a Devoted Spirit stance, you may double the size of your Steely Resolve delayed damage pool. In addition, whenever an ally within 30 ft of you take damage, you make take the damage instead into your delayed damage pool as long as you have room (or take as much damage as you have room for). Any negative effects of the attack besides damage still apply to the ally struck.

Impassive Mind - While in a Diamond Mind stance, you can always choose to take 20 on Concentration checks.

Iron Guard - While in an Iron Heart stance, you are never considered flat-footed and may use immediate actions even before your first turn.

Counter Strike - While in a Setting Sun stance, whenever you successfully use a Setting Sun counter against an enemy, you may immediately initiate a standard action Setting Sun strike against that enemy if they are within range of the strike,

Ephemeral Body - While in a Shadow Hand stance, you may become incorporeal or not as a free action.

Mountain Heights - While in a Stone Dragon stance, you no longer need to touch the earth to use Stone Dragon maneuvers.

Leaping Tiger - While in a Tiger Strike stance, on any turn in which you make a successful Jump check, all your attacks that turn automatically threaten critical hits.

Raven's Flight - While in a White Raven stance, every ally with a lower initiative count than you automatically have their initiative set to 1 below your own.
    Last edited by PId6; 2009-08-25 at 06:48 PM.
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Rejuvanating Soul seems kind of weak... I'm not sure how much your charisma bonus would be, but even if you max it, fast healing (~15) isn't that great around epic levels.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I like those ToB epic feats! very nice, and not overpowered, well...compared to Epic Spellcasting not much is overpowered
    Zero: Out on the town, lookin for a bad time...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Tomorrow I will have to compile some sort of list of the feats I have so far, and these. :3

Keep them coming, they're much appreciated!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    Rejuvanating Soul seems kind of weak... I'm not sure how much your charisma bonus would be, but even if you max it, fast healing (~15) isn't that great around epic levels.
    Yeah, some of the disciplines I had difficulty thinking up for (especially Devoted Spirit and Setting Sun). Maybe some kind of "take hits from your allies into your Steely Resolve" type of deal?
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Those ToB feats look great.
    But why would you ever get any other Intensify Maneuver besides 7-9?
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-08-25 at 06:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenblade View Post
    Those ToB feats look great.
    But why would you ever get any other Intensify Maneuver besides 7-9?
    Thanks!
    I'm thinking that the later ones would require the previous ones as prereqs, but I'm not sure if that's gimping them a lot.
    Last edited by PId6; 2009-08-25 at 06:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Well, I'm not a CharOP wizard or anything, but Automatic Quicken 7-9 spell seems worth it even though it requires you to take the other automatic quicken spells. (Then again, automatically quickening spells level 1-3 isn't half bad, honestly, and automatically quickening 4-6 and 7-9 is just broken, and I'm sure there are ways to get the same effect by level 17 by just having the right combination of feats that makes Quicken Spell be a +0 spell). So requiring the previous ones as Prereqs is fine, though I'd consider making it 1-5 and 6-9 instead of 1-3 4-6 and 7-9.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-08-25 at 06:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds much better.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I've edited Intensify Maneuvers to only 2 levels and changed the Devoted Spirit feat. I don't play crusaders much though, so it's hard to judge whether it's too powerful or too weak. Opinions?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure, although it looks pretty good. Another good change might be Iron Guard, since Iron Heart's warblade-only and warblades already have Improved Uncanny Dodge.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-08-25 at 06:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenblade View Post
    I'm not sure, although it looks pretty good. Another good change might be Iron Guard, since Iron Heart's warblade-only and warblades already have Improved Uncanny Dodge.
    Actually, Iron Guard provides a Foresight-esque effect. Uncanny Dodge only lets you retain Dex to AC while flat-footed, but it doesn't eliminate the condition. So Iron Guard just lets you use immediate actions before your first turn.

I agree that some of these are definitely weaker than others, though, so the prerequisites should make up for that.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Gah, bad mental images! ~_~
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna go through and just convert a lot of Exalted charms into epic feat ideas....
    Quote Originally Posted by PId6 View Post
    prereqs would be nice for all of these.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that there should be some extra action feats in epic somewhere.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, I did not realise how many feats I already had, going through them ad weeding out the bad ones (there are a lot of bad ones - I wrote them when I was still pretty new the 3.5 ) is taking ages. Still, I'll post a list of them as soon as it's done! ^^

Thanks to everyone who posted so far!

Epic Tripping:

Prereq: Int 13, Combat Reflexes, Improved Trip.

Every time you make a trip attack, it deals the same damage as a normal attack. You may make all of your full attack attempts a trip attempt. You still gain AoOs for tripping an opponent as normal. Any AoO on an opponent attempting to stand up automatically trips them if it hits.

I think it needs to be worded a bit better, and it may make tripping overpowered, but it seems like a cool feat. Then again, making every attack a touch attack may be a bit much, but it is an epic feat.
    Oh, I like it, it gives me ideas too. :3

I think I'd take out the bit about standing up letting you re-trip them though.

There Is No Wind: Give ranged attacks unlimited range.

Arrow Storm Technique: Make a single ranged attack an area attack, to represent shooting off a giant cloud of arrows as one attack.

Knockout Blow: Upgrade stunning fist, automatically deal nonlethal damage to an enemy equal to its max hp for some cost.

Peony Blossom Attack: Negate iterative attack penalties.

Iron Whirlwind: Upgrade to Peony Blossom, gain additional iterative attacks.

Heavenly Guardian Defense: Expend an AoO to completely negate an attack.

Ready in Eight Directions Stance: Anyone who attacks you in melee provokes a counterattack–which doesn't require you to expend an AoO.

Joint-Wounding Attack: Attacks that deal a certain amount of damage impose penalties on enemies.

Observer-Deceiving Attack: Deny an enemy their Dex bonus to AC by paying some cost.

Tiger Warrior Training Technique: Upgrade Leadership, all followers gestalt their normal levels with Fighter levels.

Elusive Dream Defense: Negate a mind-affecting ability by paying some cost, become immune to anything that would repeat that influence for the scene.

Memory-Reweaving Discipline: Use bluff checks to mimic the modify memory spell.

Husband-Seducing Demon Dance: Use Performance checks to mimic charm spells.

Hypnotic Tongue Technique: Set a contingent trigger on a social roll, so that it only hits the target later.

Adamant Skin Technique: Gain damage reduction based on your Con score.

Craftsman Needs No Tools: Make Craft checks without the need for tools or workshops, and much faster.

Judge's Ear Technique: Always know when someone is lying to you, even by magic.

Harmonious Academic Methodology: Upgrade Leadership, all your followers gain gestalt levels in Magewright.

All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight: Gain permanent true seeing and greater arcane sight.

Graceful Crane Stance: Always succeed on Balance checks.

Mountain-Crossing Leap Technique: Use Jump checks to jump for miles, instead of feet.

Lightning Speed: Run at speeds of multiple miles per hour.

Spider-Foot Style: Permanent spider climb effect.

Unsurpassed Sense Discipline: Always succeed on Spot and Listen checks.

Surprise Awareness Method: Always keep Dex bonus to AC.

Seven Shadow Evasion: Attacks made with a BAB (including attack bonuses) lower than your Dex modifier automatically miss.

Flow Like Blood: Gain AC bonuses against iterative attacks made in a full attack.

Leaping Dodge Method: Spend an AoO to jump away when you get full attacked.

Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise: Always succeed on Disguise checks.

Flawless Pickpocketing Technique: Always succeed on Sleight of Hand checks.

Lock-Opening Touch: Always succeed on Open Lock checks, no tools required.

Door-Evading Technique: Become ethereal.

Easily Overlooked Presence Method: Always succeed on Hide and Move Silently checks.

Vanishing from the Mind's Eye Method: Make retroactive Hide and Move Silently checks, to make people who've already noticed you forget you're there.

Flashing Thunderbolt Steed: Dramatically increase the speed of any mount the character rides.

Sometimes Horses Fly Approach: Any mount the character rides gains a fly speed.
    Wow, loads of great ideas, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PId6 View Post

Epic Maneuver Recovery - At the start of your turn once per round, choose an expended maneuver and it's automatically recovered. Take this multiple times to recover more than one per round.

Epic Boost - You may use two boosts in one swift action three times per day. You may take this multiple times to use it 3 more times per day. (Swordsage ability adds to number of times per day.)

Epic Stance - You may gain the benefits of two stances at one time. This stacks with the warblade's Stance Mastery ability. You may take this multiple times. Each time adds an additional stance that you may use at one time. (Should probably restrict this to level 25+ and/or have some other epic feat restrictions.)

Intensify Maneuvers 1-5 - Double all beneficial numerical effects of maneuvers and stances of first, second, third, fourth, and fifth levels. If it deals damage, double the damage dealt. If it grants resistance, adds speed, heals HP, grants a penalty, or provides a bonus, double the effect. Only numbers beneficial to you are doubled; those that penalizes you are left as they are. You may take this multiple times; each time adds 100% of the original value to the numerical bonuses.

Intensify Maneuvers 6-9 - As Intensify Maneuvers 1-5, but applicable to all maneuvers of sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth levels. Requires Intensify Maneuvers 1-5 as a prerequisite.

Searing Sands - While in a Desert Wind stance, you may ignore the fire resistance and fire immunity of enemies.

Guardian of Steel - While in a Devoted Spirit stance, you may double the size of your Steely Resolve delayed damage pool. In addition, whenever an ally within 30 ft of you take damage, you make take the damage instead into your delayed damage pool as long as you have room (or take as much damage as you have room for). Any negative effects of the attack besides damage still apply to the ally struck.

Impassive Mind - While in a Diamond Mind stance, you can always choose to take 20 on Concentration checks.

Iron Guard - While in an Iron Heart stance, you are never considered flat-footed and may use immediate actions even before your first turn.

Counter Strike - While in a Setting Sun stance, whenever you successfully use a Setting Sun counter against an enemy, you may immediately initiate a standard action Setting Sun strike against that enemy if they are within range of the strike,

Ephemeral Body - While in a Shadow Hand stance, you may become incorporeal or not as a free action.

Mountain Heights - While in a Stone Dragon stance, you no longer need to touch the earth to use Stone Dragon maneuvers.

Leaping Tiger - While in a Tiger Strike stance, on any turn in which you make a successful Jump check, all your attacks that turn automatically threaten critical hits.

Raven's Flight - While in a White Raven stance, every ally with a lower initiative count than you automatically have their initiative set to 1 below your own.
    I'll have to look these over carefully, but they look really good!

Well, I'm not a CharOP wizard or anything, but Automatic Quicken 7-9 spell seems worth it even though it requires you to take the other automatic quicken spells. (Then again, automatically quickening spells level 1-3 isn't half bad, honestly, and automatically quickening 4-6 and 7-9 is just broken, and I'm sure there are ways to get the same effect by level 17 by just having the right combination of feats that makes Quicken Spell be a +0 spell). So requiring the previous ones as Prereqs is fine, though I'd consider making it 1-5 and 6-9 instead of 1-3 4-6 and 7-9.
    Yeah, I threw the Epic Quicken feats out - no matter how many feats you spend, getting 9th level spells quickened for free is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I think that there should be some extra action feats in epic somewhere.
    You mean feats to let you take an extra swift action a turn? Something like that?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Something like that, yeah. Wizards get an equivalent to extra swift actions in Multispell, but that limits you to only Quickened spells. A feat adding extra swift actions would be helpful to everyone else, if not nearly as much.
    Also, adding extra Standard actions as well, but that's something that would need an absurdly high prereq in Dex, level, or both.

On an unrelated note, changes to Deflect Arrows so that a character with Infinite Deflection and Exceptional Deflection so that a character with those feats isn't absolutely immune to ranged attacks would not be amiss, but that's really outside the scope of this thread.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2009-08-26 at 01:31 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

That got nerfed to 0 and 1st w/ the first feat and then an additional spell level for every feat after that, so 9 feats to auto-quicken up to 9th.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

That Epic Tripping feat would mesh strangely with the Knock-down feat... either it would make it pointless, or the combination would mean that for every trip attack that hits, you do another trip attack (can you trip someone who's already been tripped?).

Some more epic feat ideas:

Epic Disarm: You may make a disarm attempt as a free action against any opponent who fails to hit you in melee combat up to a number of times equal to your Dex modifier. Requirements: Improved Disarm, Dex 17+

Epic Dodge: You gain a dodge bonus to AC equal to 1/3 BAB (round down) while not flatfooted, encumbered or wearing heavy armour. Requirements: Dodge (or any feat that counts as Dodge towards feat requirements), Dex 17+.

Epic Grapple: Count as if one size larger for all grappling checks and damage while grappling. Requirements: Improved Grapple, Earth's Embrace

Quick Thinking: You may add your Intelligence modifier to your Initiative bonus, and are never flatfooted against an opponent with less than half your Intelligence. Requirements: Improved Initiative, Combat Expertise

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

*Exalted Charms-to-Feats snip*
    You make those. You f#cking make those right now. I can't live my life unless you make these.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfool View Post
    That Epic Tripping feat would mesh strangely with the Knock-down feat... either it would make it pointless, or the combination would mean that for every trip attack that hits, you do another trip attack (can you trip someone who's already been tripped?).
    Knock down requires you to hit with a regular attack, and then requires you to make the touch attack to trip and make the check. Epic Trip allows you to make all your attacks (on a standing opponent) as touch attacks that trip and deal normal damage. So there's more benefit in epic tripping. Also, I don't see the "auto trip anybody standing up" thing being overpowered; you still have to hit with the (touch) attack, and you are more than likely able to near automatically make tripping checks if you specced for it.

To clarify a bit:

Knock Down = Make a standard attack for damage, then a touch attack, then a trip check.

Epic Tripping = Make a Touch attack for damage, then make your trip check (not needed if you hit an opponent attempting to stand.)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Knock down requires you to hit with a regular attack, and then requires you to make the touch attack to trip and make the check. Epic Trip allows you to make all your attacks (on a standing opponent) as touch attacks that trip and deal normal damage. So there's more benefit in epic tripping. Also, I don't see the "auto trip anybody standing up" thing being overpowered; you still have to hit with the (touch) attack, and you are more than likely able to near automatically make tripping checks if you specced for it.

To clarify a bit:

Knock Down = Make a standard attack for damage, then a touch attack, then a trip check.

Epic Tripping = Make a Touch attack for damage, then make your trip check (not needed if you hit an opponent attempting to stand.)
    So, you're of the opinion that it would simply make Knock-Back pointless. OK.

Personally, I reckon the feat's far too good even as an epic feat. Making melee attacks touch attacks by itself would be a borderline-overpowered epic feat; all of the rest is just getting silly.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

You only get one touch attack in your full attack if you want to full attack the same opponent (well, however many it takes to actually trip the enemy.)

Besides, melee characters need something. Remember, even basic spells are > melee classes. Just because this is a near OHKO for a very specific method doesn't mean it's overpowered.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    You make those. You f#cking make those right now. I can't live my life unless you make these.
    But...but...there's no existing balanced epic level framework to balance them against...I'd have to do it completely from the start...damn it all!

There Is No Wind
    Your heart knows the arrow's path.
    Prerequisites: Far Shot, BAB +20
    Benefit: You never take penalties on ranged attack rolls for any reason. In addition, the range increment of any ranged weapon you attack with is unlimited.

Arrow Storm
    The armies of the unrighteous fall before you and your bow.
    Prerequisites: Improved Manyshot, BAB +20.
    Benefit: Whenever you make a ranged attack, you may choose to apply the attack against all targets in a cone with a length of 5 ft. times half your character level, rounded up. You make only one attack roll, but apply its results to all characters within the area.

Knockout Blow
    You topple even behemoths with a single punch.
    Prerequisites: Improved Stunning Fist, BAB +15.
    Benefit: Whenever you make an unarmed attack, you may spend two uses of stunning fist. In addition to the normal effect, if the enemy fails his save, he takes nonlethal damage equal to his maximum hp.

Peony Blossom Attack
    You move as swiftly as ice on hot metal, unleashing countless powerful blows
    Prerequisites: BAB +20
    Benefit: When making a full attack, you take no penalty on iterative attacks.

Iron Whirlwind
    You burn with superhuman prowess in battle, moving like lightning.
    Prerequisites: Peony Blossom Attack, character level 30th
    Benefit: Whenever you make a full attack, you gain one additional iterative attack for every 10 character levels past 20th you have, rounded down.

Iron Raptor
    You can strike with preternatural finesse, the winds themselves bearing your blows.
    Prerequisites: Weapon Supremacy, BAB +20
    Benefit: While wielding a weapon that you have the Weapon Supremacy feat for, you may make melee attacks with it at a range, striking enemies up to 5 times half your character level feet away.

Heavenly Guardian Defense
    Like a terrible war machine, you walk through the field of your enemies unmoved.
    Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Weapon Supremacy, BAB +20.
    Benefit: Whenever an enemy makes a melee or ranged weapon attack against you, you may take a swift action to perfectly block it–no matter how well that enemy rolls, their attack misses. You must be wielding a melee weapon that you have the Weapon Supremacy feat for in order to use this ability.

Ready in Eight Directions Stance
    Those who attack you invite their own death.
    Prerequisites: Combat Reflexes, Weapon Supremacy, BAB +20.
    Benefit: Whenever an enemy makes a melee attack against you, you make make a melee attack of your own against them as a counterattack. Your attack is resolved before theirs, but does not count as an attack of opportunity. You must be wielding a melee weapon that you have the Weapon Supremacy feat for in order to use this ability.

Joint-Wounding Attack
    Even in a pitched battle, you strike with controlled precision, maiming your foes.
    Prerequisites: Power Attack, BAB +20.
    Benefit: Whenever you deal at least 50 damage to an enemy with a single attack, they take a -1 penalty on all attack rolls and to AC for the duration of the encounter. The penalty is cumulative.

Observer-Deceiving Attack
    Your foes are blind to your vengeance, even as it comes upon them.
    Prerequisite: Sneak Attack +10d6.
    Benefit: As a full-round action, you may make a single melee or ranged attack. If you do, your enemy automatically loses their Dexterity bonus to AC against that attack.

Tiger Warrior Training
    You lead a glorious army into battle.
    Prerequisites: Leadership, BAB +20.
    Benefit: All of your cohorts and followers gain a BAB equal to their character level, instead of what they would normally have. In addition, they gain one bonus feat, drawn from the list of Fighter bonus feats, for every two levels they have, rounded up.

Elusive Dream Defense
    Like a dream slipping from a waking man's grasp, you evade attempts to chain your mind.
    Prerequisites: Iron Will, base Will save +12.
    Benefits: Whenever you are targeted by a mind-affecting ability that allows a save, you may take an amount of non-lethal damage equal to the DC of the save to automatically succeed on it. Nothing can prevent that damage. For the rest of the encounter, you automatically make your save against any subsequent mind-affecting ability that would impose the same influence.

Memory-Reweaving Discipline
    You define others' reality.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Bluff), Bluff 25 ranks.
    Benefit: Whenever your Bluff check to tell a lie exceeds a character's Sense Motive check by 10 or more, you may alter their memories, as the modify memory spell, to make your lie seem completely true to them. This is a supernatural ability.

Husband-Seducing Demon Dance
    Your every word is perfection, your every movement grace. All must bow before you in love.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Perform), Perform 25 ranks.
    Benefit: Whenever you make a Perform check, all characters who witness you must make a Will save, with a DC of half the result of the check. If they fail, they are charmed, as the spell, for 24 hours.

Adamant Skin
    Driven by purpose and rage, you become invincible.
    Prerequisites: Greater Rage class feature, BAB +20.
    Benefit: Whenever you enter a rage, you may add your character level to your damage reduction/– for the duration of the rage.

Judge's Ear
    You always know when you are being lied to.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Sense Motive), Sense Motive 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Sense Motive checks to determine if you are being lied to. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Legendary Scholar Curriculum
    You are master to countless apprentices of magic.
    Prerequisites: Leadership, Knowledge (Arcana) 25 ranks, Spellcraft 25 ranks, Caster level 25th
    Benefit: All of your cohorts and followers gain the ability to cast arcane spells as a Wizard of half their character level.

All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight
    Nothing is hidden from your sight.
    Prerequisites: Greater Spell Focus (Divination), Knowledge (Arcana) 25 ranks, Spellcraft 25 ranks, Caster level 30th.
    Benefit: You gain the benefit of a constant greater arcane sight and true seeing. This is a supernatural ability.

Graceful Crane Stance
    You are as graceful as sunlight on water.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Balance), Balance 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You gain the effect of a permanent spider climb spell–and this is not a supernatural ability.You automatically succeed on all Balance checks. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Mountain-Crossing Leap
    Gravity? **** it.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Jump), Jump 25 ranks.
    Benefit: Whenever you make a long jump, you may make a mountain-crossing leap. You still use the normal table of long jump DC's, but replace "feet" with "miles". You reach a maximum altitude of half the distance of the jump, and take no falling damage. You are still limited by your movement speed, by multiply the amount you may move each round by 50 while making a mountain-crossing leap. If you take any action other than the move action to continue jumping during the mountain-crossing leap, you lose control–you still travel the full difference, but take full falling damage upon impact, land prone, and are stunned for 1d20 rounds upon landing.

Unsurpassed Sense Discipline
    Nothing escapes your notice.
    Prerequisites: Awareness, Listen 25 ranks, Spot 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Listen and Spot checks. You may always make a Spot check in place of a Search check. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Seven Shadows Evasion
    You are too quick for your enemies to land a blow.
    Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Mobility, Lightning Reflexes, base Reflex save +12.
    Benefit: Whenever an enemy makes a melee or ranged weapon attack against you, that attack automatically misses unless the sum of their Base Attack Bonus, epic attack bonus, and Strength or Dexterity modifier, as appropriate, exceeds your Dexterity modifier +15.

Flow Like Blood
    You move with impossibly fluid grace.
    Prerequisites: Seven Shadows Evasion
    Benefit: Whenever an enemy makes a full attack against you, each subsequent attack takes a -5 penalty, beyond normal iterative attack penalties. This also reduces the sum needed to exceed your Dexterity +15 to avoid missing due to Seven Shadows Evasion.

Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise
    None see through your masquerade.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Disguise), Disguise 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Disguise checks. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Flawless Pickpocketing
    Yoink!
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand), Sleight of Hand 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Sleight of Hand checks. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Lock-Opening Touch
    Unskilled thieves must struggle with lockpicks. Not you.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Open Lock), Open Lock 25 ranks.
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Open Lock checks, regardless of whether or not you have appropriate tools or lockpicks. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Easily Overlooked Presence Method
    This feat doesn't exist. You're not reading it. Carry on.
    Prerequisites: Stealthy, Hide 25 ranks, Move Silently 25 ranks
    Benefit: You automatically succeed on all Hide and Move Silently checks. If another character has an ability that allows them to automatically succeed on effects that oppose this one, then the character with the higher number of skill ranks prevails. If their is a tie, flip a coin to determine who takes precedence.

Flashing Thunderbolt Steed
    Your mounts are imbued with infinite energy.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus (Ride), Ride 25 ranks
    Benefits: Any mount you ride has its base land speed multiplied by 50 while running. This explicitly applies to ridiculous situations, such as riding your party mates.

Sometimes Horses Fly
    You inspire your mounts to unusual feats.
    Prerequisites: Flashing Thunderbolt Speed
    Benefits: Any mount you ride gains a fly speed equal to its base land speed, with perfect maneuverability. This explicitly applies to ridiculous situations, such as riding your party mates.

Balance is completely eye-balled and grounded on the premise that anything these can do, wizards can do better. Logical extensions of some feats, especially the perfect skill check ones, should be obvious. BAB and base save prerequisites do not include epic attack and save bonuses–a feat with BAB +20 as a requirement can only be taken by a character with full BAB classes from 1st-20th levels, etc.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2009-08-26 at 05:10 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Oh my god... combine the last two feats you just listed with a druid wildshaping into a T-rex...

LIGHTNING SPEED FLYING DINOSAURS!

Anyway, all of the feats are pretty absurd, but magic still might have the edge as written. Of course, if the guy is nerfing magic, then we might have a problem.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-08-26 at 04:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Oh my god... combine the last two feats you just listed with a druid wildshaping into a T-rex...

LIGHTNING SPEED FLYING DINOSAURS!
    This is intentional.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

This is intentional.
    Yes, yes it is.

Combine it with the automatic hide and move silently abilities; the T-Rex can never be seen or heard! 0_o

It's awesome!
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-08-26 at 04:59 PM.