You hear the sounds of cheering and clapping as you approach the arena. You nerves start to tingle as you approach.
You enter the building, stepping up the walkway. Your excitement grows as you see people rushing around trying to find their ways to their seats. You look down at your ticket...
Originally Posted by Ticket
Special Event You have been selected to join the few elite warriors in the universe for a special viewing of Universal Smash Brothers Brawl
Please show your ticket to a consierge upon entry into the arena
So you see a lad dressed in uniform standing against the wall. You walk over to him and show him your ticket.
Right this way! He says, snapping to attention with a smile, and taking you to a suite.
Upon entering the suite, you see the field before you. A large screen is across the way, with a view very similar to yours through the window. Glancing around you see surrounding the field at ground level are a bunch of suites similar to yours. A few of the other suites have people you recognize.
Aemoh Atreyu the Masked LLama Banthesun Billtodamax BishFish
TheBookworm Calar Cd4 DarkComet Deathslayer7
Dirk Kris EleventhHour Fleeing Coward
Gessi Grim Ranger Hyozo Incorporeal Irbis Istari Kyouhen
Lizard Lord Lord Fullbladder
Malmagor Andrigonal MasterofMockery MOD
Moofin Bard Murska Mustiado Nehh Night Surgeon
RedScholarGypsy Reinholdt Sanity702 Selrahc
Shadowcaller Shadowhisper TehSheen
The Fiery Tower ThePhantom
Trixie Uncle Festy V Junior
Whitehelm Wolfbane YimmytheSneak
The cheering gets louder as the players enter the field.
1-6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Daisy, Peach, Toad, etc. - Team Mario (Masons)
7) Link - Blade of Evil's Bane (Baner) NIGHT ACTION
8) Zelda - Triforce of Wisdom (Seer) NIGHT ACTION
9) Tingle - (Fool) NIGHT ACTION
10) Midna - Twili Magic (May hide in the shadow of one player during the night. If that player dies in the night, Midna gains that player's power. May only hold one new power at a time. Must abandon acquired power to be able to acquire a new one. 1 day Cooldown. NIGHT ACTION
11) Samus - Charge Shot (Via PM, Samus may negate her own point to add 1 to her next point, max charge 3) DAY ACTION
12) Fox - Reflector (Up to two points at Fox get redirected to another player of Fox's choice) DAY ACTION
13) Falco - Hey Einstein! (Knows if either Fox or Krystal voted the same way as he did) PASSIVE ACTION
14) Krystal - Telepath (Knows who was scried, but not the result of the scry) PASSIVE ACTION
15) Kirby - Copy (May copy a randomly selected living target's ability for the day) NIGHT ACTION
16) Metaknight - Dimensional Cape (Metaknight may select a target and all abilities that get targeted at Metaknight get retargeted to his target. Does not work on Villain kills. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
17) Pikachu - Cuteness (The person who points before Pikachu secretly has his point changed to the same as Pikachu's) PASSIVE ACTION
18) Jigglypuff - Sing (Can cause one player to fall asleep each day, negating their point for the next day) NIGHT ACTION
19) Pokemon Trainer - I choose you! (Can double someone's point each day) DAY ACTION
20) Ness - PSI Magnet (All special abilities targeted at Ness aside from banes and kills fail. Knows if he is targeted, but not what or by whom) PASSIVE ACTION
21) Lucas - PK Freeze (Can void a target's special ability for the next cycle. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
22) Marth - Critical hit (If part of a bandwagon that sucessfully kills a villain, point counts as 3 the next day) PASSIVE ACTION
23) DK - DK Hand Slap (Target a player. Any other abilities targeting that player results in that ability failing, and the user being slapped into the ground, revealing to the public who was slapped, but not what they were trying to do. NIGHT ACTION
24) Diddy Kong - Rocketbarrels (Can scry during the night with X% accuracy, where X = 20 * number of days ability has not been used) NIGHT ACTION
25) Dixie Kong - Helicopter Spin (Any abilities or night kills that target Dixie take effect one day later than usual) PASSIVE ACTION
28-27) Popo & Nana (Ice Climbers) - Belay (When pointing at the same person, may reduce the total number of points against either of them by 2. Start off knowing each other) DAY ACTION
28) Pit - Wings of Iccarus (Becomes immune to Night kills for one night. 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
29) Mr. Game & Watch - Oil Panik (Uses the bucket to catch one point at him per day, negating the point, max of three. Once bucket is full, can point at someone worth 3 points. Points at self do not activate this ability) DAY ACTION
30) Ike - Counter (May make his point worth negative two instead of positive one) DAY ACTION
31) Captain Olimar - Pikmin toss (When pointing at a person, this also throws a pikmin at that person. For the next two days after, that person gets an extra vote against him. One pikmin on any person at a time) PASSIVE ACTION
32) Lucario - Reversal (Lucario's point is increased by 1 for every 10 Nintendo players that die) PASSIVE ACTION
33) Captain Falcon - Falcon... PUNCH! (Night kill. Three day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
34) Wario - Garlic (Due to his stink, any ability used on Wario fails, and the user will not able to use that ability the next day) PASSIVE ACTION
1) Sonic - You're too slow! (Can change one person point to match his own as long as they point after he does. Does not count if Sonic changes his point) DAY ACTION
2) Snake - Cardboard box (Using the incredibly stealthy tactic of the box, he can scry with a 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
3) Master Chief - Overshield (Has a shield with three charges which each cancel out a point at him. A day where he doesn't receive a point replenishes one charge)
4) Sly Cooper - Safecracker (Each night, Sly may target a player to steal a clue bottle from a player to find a clue to the combination of a safe. Successfully opening a safe will grant Sly three disguises which he can use to make a player scry as the disguise.)
5) Carmilita Fox- Untimely arrest (Carmelita my arrest a player, removing them for play for a day. She also learns who Sly's robs each night. If she arrests Sly, Sly receives no more clues and Carmelita finds her shock pistol, allowing her to survive one lynching or night kill. 2 Day cooldown)
6) Banjo & Kazooie - Split Up (Can point at two different people per day. One in thread, one via PM. Also gives protection against first night kill or lynch, but loses all special abilities afterwards) PASSIVE ACTION
7) Phoenix Wright - OBJECTION! (Raises an objection, forcing target to change their vote for the day, or else have their next day's point invalidated) DAY ACTION
1) Bowser - Your victim is in another castle (Bowser may kidnap the lynch victim, preventing their identity from being known until the following dusk) DAY ACTION
2) Ridley - Destruction (Beast) PASSIVE ACTION
3) Mewtwo - Mindreader (Devil) NIGHT ACTION
4) Wolf O'Donnel - Can't let you do that! (Targeted player's ability is negated for that day. If ability is on cooldown, adds one day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION
5) Sephiroth - Jenova's Children (Control's target's point and/or special ability for one day. Can't use on same target consecutivly. Penalty of one day cooldown assessed if an incorrect guess to what the target's ability is) NIGHT ACTION
6) Covenant Elite - Cloak (Scries as any role he chooses, and may change the role he scries as with a 3 day cooldown) PASSIVE ACTION
7) King K. Rool - Feign Death (Once killed for the first time, within 3 days may resurrect himself) PASSIVE ACTION
8) Ganondorf - Triforce of Power (Power corrupts. Ganondorf may target somebody, corrupting them without their knowledge. That player has a X% chance to die each night, starting at 10% and doubling each time the player survives. Only one corrupted person at a time; 1 Day cooldown starting from the night the target dies) NIGHT ACTION
9) King Dedede - Waddle Dee Army (May make the target of his choice scry immune for the night by swarming them with Waddle Dees) NIGHT ACTION
You cheer as you see your favorite player on the field. As you wave your hands wildly about, you notice the player do the same. Curiously, you watch as the player mimics your actions in your suite. Rhomp rhomp
A loud voice comes over the PA.
Ladies and Gentlemen and Creatures of all ages. Welcome to Universal Smash Brothers 4. Your players are ready, your seats are filled. I only got one question.
ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?
The fans go wild. A horn sounds.
You spot across the way a friend of yours. You try to get his attention by pointing and waving at him. You notice your player on the field go and attack another one. The other attacks back.
Hey, that hurt.
It's at this point you notice the writing underneath each of the suite windows.
Player Controller Box.
As the realization that you are not just a viewer of this game, but a participant, sweeps over you you figure out what you have to do.
You must fight to stay alive. You must fight to win.
Opening scene by Supagoof
3rd Party Win Conditions:
Sonic: Super Sonic - Collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds. (Chaos Emeralds are tradable items distributed randomly at the beginning of the game. Holder can use to get +1 point with a 2 day cooldown, and does not stack with other Emeralds. If holder dies, emerald(s) goes to last person to point at that person, random if N/A. Sonic gains a one-time use self-bane plus a kill ability when he has all seven emeralds)
Snake: Espionage - Discover the identity of all living Pokemon characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo)
Sly Cooper: Master Thief - Steal Carmelita's police files, or outlive her. (Files are stolen during normal Cluefinder use if he targets Carmelita. Successful file steal will grant Sly a two-use scry item)
Carmelita Fox: I'll get you Cooper! - Arrest Sly Cooper, or outlive him. (Carmelita is granted an extra life upon arresting Sly)
Banjo-Kazooie: Jinjo Rescue - Must protect at least half the players from a randomized list given at the game's start. (List will be roughly five or so)
Pheonix Wright: Not Guilty! - Choose a player. Must protect your 'client' player from lynch throughout the game. If that player is night-killed, select a new client.
Master Chief: Alien Killer - Eliminate all the 'space' characters (Covenant Elite, Fox, Krystal, Falco, Wolf, Samus, Olimar, Ness, and Lucas)
Assorted additional rules:
1) Autolynch is set at 3 days of inactivity.
2) Day and night is 48hrs. Might be reduced depending on speed of play.
3) Mass role gathering is NOT ALLOWED.
4) Role claiming and Narrator PM posting is not allowed either.
5) Only team affiliation will be revealed upon death.
6) ...except for 'Classic' roles such as the baner, devil, seer/fool, and masons.
7) Masons do not have individual abilities. The specific names are just flavor.
8) If Sephrioth attempts to control someone's ability without knowing it, and gets it wrong, the ability fails and he is penalized with a 1 day cooldown.
9) If K. Rool is killed the first time, and there are NO other Villains, he will be resurrected immediately.
10) If an ability is voided that is on cooldown, the cooldown will be extended by one instead.
11) I reserve the right to drop rocks on anyone who severely ticks me off.
12) Despite the potential for real funny PMs, all failed abilities will receive 'ability failed' message. Unless you ask me to make one in the flavor of your choice. Such PMs will be non-official though.
13) Keep an eye out for minigames! If I can get them working, you will be able play for prizes!
14) "Abilties" and "Special Abilities" refer to the abilities described above. Villain Night Kills can not be blocked unless otherwise specified.
15) Ties in votes are broken with the person reaching the tie first being lynched.
16) You may PM the Narrators with one role you would like to be, and one role you would not like to be. We may or may not ignore it, so don't try to get any ideas.
Defeated Players: 16
Istari - Defeated Day 1: Team Nintendo
Banthesun - Defeated Night 1: Team Mario
Incorporeal - Defeated Day 2: Team Nintendo
Lord Fullbladder - Falcon Punch'd Night 2: 3rd Party
Uncle Festy - Defeated Night 2: Team Nintendo
Nehh - Defeated Day 3: 3rd Party
Wolfbane - Defeated Night 3: Team Nintendo
Paul Muad'dib - Defeated Day 4: Team Nintendo
Murska - Defeated Night 4: Team Nintendo
cd4 - Deafeated Day 5: Link
Fleeing Coward - Defeated Night 5: Team Nintendo
V Junior - Defeated Day 6: Villain
Aemoh - Defeated Night 6: Team Nintendo
Night Surgeon - Falcon Punch'd Night 6: Zelda/Tingle
Billtodamax - Defeated Day 7: Villain
Grim Ranger - Autolynched Day 7: Team Nintendo
DarkComet - Defeated Night 7: Team Nintendo
Whitehelm - Defeated Day 8: Team Nintendo
BishFish - Defeated Night 8: Team Nintendo
Irbis - Defeated Day 9: Villain
Eleventh Hour - Defeated Day 10: Villain
Mustiado - Defeated Night 10: 3rd Party
Reinholdt - Falcon Punch'd Night 10: Team Mario
Calar - Defeated Day 11: Team Nintendo
Irbis - Defeated (again) Day 12: K. Rool
Atreyu the Masked Llama - Defeated Day 13: Ridley
Selrahc - Defeated Day 13 by Ridley: Team Nintendo
MOD - Defeated Night 13: Team Nintendo
Deathslayer7 - Defeated Night 13: Team Nintendo
Sanity702 - Defeated Day 14: Team Nintendo
Hyozo - Autolynched Day 14: Mewtwo
MasterOfMockery - Defeated Night 14: Team Nintendo
ThePhantom - Defeated Day 15: Team Nintendo
Shadowcaller - Defeated Night 15: 3rd Party
YimmytheSneak - Defeated Day 16: Team Nintendo
TehSheen - Defeated Night 16: Team Nintendo
A new story updating Mondays. Check it out from the start
Avatar by dirtytabs
Last edited by PhantomFox : 01-25-2010 at 10:38 PM.
(I point at Istari because he's not Link and that's all I have to go on. Statistically if X is the number of good guys roles and Z is the number of total roles, then most people have a X/Z chance of being a good guy, since they could be anybody including Link. However, Istari has X-1/Z chance of being a good guy since he can't be Link. Since X-1 is less than X, he has a less likely chance of being a good guy.
Since he has a less likely chance of being a good guy, he has a higher chance of being a bad guy.
34/50 = 68% chance of being a good guy
33/50= 66% chance of being a good guy.)
__________________ inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
I love my Ceikatars!
Frodo! My movie is coming out soon.
Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama : 11-03-2009 at 08:35 PM.
A masked figure slowly approaches the ticket booth and whips out her entry ticket, holding the slim sliver of paper between her index and middle finger before sending it spiraling towards the young man passing out tickets, the paper striking and adhering to his forehead like a ninja scroll.
The Boy frowns and yanks it off, scowling angrily at the masculine woman (or effeminate man? it was hard to tell...) "You could have just -handed- it to me!"
"Ah... but that is infinitely less fun..." the woman (and her voice does strongly imply that that is what she is) answers, before pointing violently at the ground and vanishing in a puff of smoke.
The Lad sees no more her, but an explosion of smog abruptly erupts behind Dark Comet, the woman offering "Ah... I... uh... wrong both?" meekly as she becomes aware of not being alone...
((I'ma play Sheik anyway! HA!))
Official Incense Aroma Specialist for the Vaarsuvius Fan Club!
English isn't my primary language, so please let me know if something I'm saying doesn't make sense!
Aemoh, because Zar Peter isn't playing so I might as well go with the other end of the alphabet.
I won the WW Game Discworld I (Dei in Machina) by selling sausages ina bun to more than 50% of the surviving player, I showed myself as a cunning, greedy and worthy CMOT Dibbler and all I got is this lousy signature line.
((Wolfbane because I almost never get to point at him! And for the moment, I can do so without fear of him being lynched. Woot!))
A tiny little dragon, crimson in color, about the size of a cat, flies around the arena. Her voice is squeaky, little wings flapping like mad to keep her up. Several people comment on the cute little flying cat, which just makes her angry. Finally frustrated, she unleashes her flame breath! - and browns someone's toast. They thank her, and she flies off, still grumbling. "Foolish humans. I am Ruby, a mighty dragon! They will all rue the day, oh yes."
An immaculate white-and-red wolf trots into the suite, accompanied by a bouncing little sprite. Her first action is to look down into the arena; his is to hop to the suite's minibar and try to open it. Failing, he bounces back to the wolf.
"Look, Ammy! There's our contact - what is-" Ammy - or Omikami Amaterasu - flips the little bug in the air and catches him in her mouth, before looking around. There might have been a fleeting shadow leaving its hiding-place behind the door; there might have been hidden eyes in the wall. Either way, Wandering Poet Issun needed to be quieted. After all, their contact required the utmost secrecy. There were those who would take advantage of their deal, after all.
She spits him out onto the controller, and Issun hops up and down in fury. "What the heck was that for, Ammy? I nearly suffocated in there!" He looks around him as Ammy shakes her head. "Hey, what's this? Looks like a controller of some kind! I bet if I hit the buttons and you used your Celestial Paintbrush, we could really help our contact out! Heh heh heh!"
On the other side of the arena, Trixie notices a giant colorful bomb suddenly manifest itself next to her player, exploding for massive damage. She looks up to see a white wolf on the opposite side, wagging its ink-stained tail.
-build that wall and build it strong-
Kasanip - best artist; Rarity - best smile; Thanqol - good Question
Originally Posted by PhoeKun
Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom
Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
Originally Posted by Kasanip
I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
Originally Posted by Dervag
It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.
Nyula slips into the shadows and ends up at the unattended jewelery booth. When the attendant returns, he finds that every item has vanished from his booth, along with an unopened can of NinTenCoke.
"Hey! Who's nicked my stuff?!"
Nyula checks that her Pokemon-to-Human translator is on, and suanters over to the stand.
"I saw everything!" she says, with an innocent look on her face. "It was that guy over there! The Meowth Hand thingamababble!" Nyula points one of her claws at Reinholdt.
The attendant says "Thanks!" and goes off to confront Reinholdt. Nyula shakes her head in disbelief and opens her can of NinTenCola.
VJ: Dr. Bath
Originally Posted by Ramsus
I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.
I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.