1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Opening your eyes [3.5 epic destiny, PEACH]

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour

Innocent (epic destiny)

Eternity is a long time, or so people say. An Innocent would beg to differ: eternity is longer than the longest time that can possibly be, and then some. A true Innocent would laugh at the very idea of outlasting eternity. A true Innocent simply holds it, cherishes it, without ever claiming to truely understand it. And a true Innocent can wield it like a knife blade. An Innocent understands that there is always something more to understand, and strives to understand.

{table=head]Level|Ability

21|A World

24|A Heaven

27|Infinity

30|Eternity[/table]

Requirements: 21st level, Cunning Brilliance class ability

A World (Su): An Innocent learns first of all to appreciate the little things, the tiny details. They gain an untyped bonus on Spot, Listen and Search checks equal to their character level. They also gain a bonus equal to their character level to the amount of Inspiration that they create at the start of each encounter.

A Heaven (Ex): The Innocent learns to see the grand scheme, the ideas beyond the petty thinking of everyday mortals. The Innocent is constantly under the effects of the following spells and is treated as the caster of them for control purposes (at caster level 20): Tongues, Detect Thoughts, See Invisibility, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Chaos, Greater Arcane Sight, Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Detect Scrying.

Infinity (Ex): An Innocent learns to comprehend the truly vast, that which would shatter a lesser mind in a moment. They gain the benefit of a permanent Mind Blank effect, and anyone attempting any form of divination magic on them must make a Will save (DC equals 10+1/2 character level+Intelligence modifier+Charisma modifier) or suffer the effects of a combined Insanity and Feeblemind spell.

Eternity (Ex): The Innocent's final learning is to understand everything, all at one moment. The Innocent is permanently under the effects of a Foresight spell, and furthermore may gain a +40 bonus to one d20 roll per day.

Immortality: An Innocent fades into the world as they age, learning and understanding even as they slip towards the twilight of their allotment of years. But their burning ardor for knowledge sustains them beyond their mortal span, and they continue, drifting through the world, sustained by their encompassing of things beyond mortal ken. An ancient Innocent is not seen, not heard, not felt, not noticed, but they are there, even as they continue their slide into a deeper and better way of being, of knowing, and of innocence.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2010-02-10 at 01:06 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Opening your eyes [3.5 epic destiny, PEACH]

Eternity seems a bit underwhelming somehow.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Does it look a bit better now? I was basing the power level off other 3.5 EDs.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

It was really just something vague... this is more powerful mechanically, but not as flavorful.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Lemme think... yeah, I see what you mean. I'll have a poke around my head, see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Changed it. Now it's a permanent Foresight effect combined with a +40 to one roll per day.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2010-02-10 at 01:10 PM.