New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default GLoG LIII: These are the Days of our Lives.

This thread's theme song:

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

If you're new to GLoG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO.

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Acro OOC thread and introduce yourself first.

Our IC leaders:
    President: Happyturtle Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
    Vice President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
    Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
    Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)
    Heads of Pastoral Care: positions open

OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything.
    IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Profession:
    Race:
    How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
    Any other important information:
    Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
    Main Lodge|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
    |Charity Evans|Happyturtle
    |Otaso|Hyozo
    |Phoenix|KidKris
    |Anshu|Iames
    |Nimai|Iames
    |Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
    Cabin 1|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
    A
    |
    |Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
    C
    |
    Cabin 2|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
    A
    |
    Cabin 3|Crodelus|Hyozo|
    A
    |
    Cabin 4|Shania|Lex-Kat|
    D
    |broken windows
    Cabin 5|Coplantor|Coplantor|
    A
    |Visitors Cabin|
    Cabin 6|Marley|ThePhantom|
    A
    |
    Cabin 7|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
    A
    |
    Cabin 8|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
    A
    |
    |Krysta|Lex-kat|
    B
    |
    Cabin 9|Coma Nothing|Beans|
    A
    |
    |Vashal|Quinsar|
    A
    |
    |Yamako|iElf|
    B
    |
    Cabin 10|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
    A
    |
    Infirmary|Eko|Earl of Purple|
    [/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

Description of the new GLoG setting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming.

Surroundings:
    Spoiler
    Show

South, by Neon Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
    |_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
    |__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

Ghosts:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
    Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
    Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
    Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
    Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
    Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
    Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
    Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
    Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
    Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
    [/table]

Attention villains:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs ), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
    After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Main lodge:
    Spoiler
    Show

GIANT slide:
    Spoiler
    Show

The lake:
    Spoiler
    Show

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Acro OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: GLoG LIII: These are the Days of our Lives.

((Anshu and Nimai are out of the Main Lodge. But I haven't picked a Cabin number >.>))

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Right. Well... umm... if I see an evil, tyrannical dragon, you'll be the first to know." Granted, probably everyone will be the first to know from the loud girly screech that will result as Reinholdt flees from it.

Garth nods with a chuckle and a smile. " Well I thank you for that then. " He says and then yawns.

" Ah, and if you excuse me I think I'll go sleep now. " Garth says and then wanders to one of the beds that is unused.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

((Shrike and Zamira have 8C, I believe.
    Quinn, Tobias and Jamie have...er...an apartment off the Infirmary. *handwaves*?))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

{Broken Window Cabin}

Melody finishes lighting the incense, and then places a candles on all four corners of the table, but doesn't light them.

Finally, she turns off the lights in the cabin, then starts the music. Which is actually soft classical music, no words. It may be considers soothing to some.

She then takes her own seat and offers her hands to Shrike and Shania.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apeoflight View Post
    Garth nods with a chuckle and a smile. " Well I thank you for that then. " He says and then yawns.

" Ah, and if you excuse me I think I'll go sleep now. " Garth says and then wanders to one of the beds that is unused.
    "Night."
    The plot clone dissipates.

[Broken Window Cabin]
    Oooh. Classical music. That is relaxing to Reinholdt. It's his favorite music actually.

He'll offer hands to Shania and Shrike as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

Shrike smiles a little at hearing the music, and takes the offered hands, closing her eyes as she prepares herself for the oncoming spooooookiness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

{Broken Window Cabin}

Melody begins to speak in a high pitch, sing-song voice. It is possible, but highly unlikely that anyone understands what she's saying, unless they speak Smurf.

And not that translated Smurf you heard on Saturday morning cartoons. Smurf is a unique language, with similarities to the Fae language. If you can understand Fae, you may understand some of what she is saying. First, she offers a prayer to Freya, Queen of the Valkyries. The candles all flicker to life.

Then she offers prayer to the Goddess of Death, Hel. The candles glow dims, but do not go out.

Finally, she prays to the All-Father, Odin, changing language to English. Please All-Father, allow me to speak to my Uncle Raven, of the Blackdust (is that it?) clan. The flames burst into a brighter, taller flame. The music suddenly changes to a Norse sounding chant that slowly takes over the classical soothing music until it is no more.

And now we wait for Happyturtle.

Shania's eyes are wide with fear, and she squeezes Reinholdt's and Melody's hands tightly. Momma.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-03-29 at 11:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

Melody can feel a spirit presence, but she can't see anything.

(Hint: Use the ring shaped puck / planchette)
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[BWC]

Owowowowowowow, tight tight tight tight tight.
    But Reinholdt swallows that and let's go of Shrike's hand in order to take the special puck thingy, put it down on the table and push it over to Melody.

Though it may have other things in mind.

((deadtime))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

Shrike has her eyes open now, but, otherwise, remains quiet, lest she break the required spell, or not-spell, or trance, or whatever it is that makes the thing work.

Because, after all, That Would Be Bad.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

{BWC}

((Oops. She forgot about that. ))

Melody pulls her hand free of Shania's and reaches for the planchette.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-03-30 at 12:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

The size of the air hockey table, and the fact that it's designed to be used standing up makes everyone's positions a bit awkward. You're probably stretched out pretty far just to hold hands.

Oh... and forgot to add... the Ouija board markings are now visible to everyone, not just Melody. This happened when she finished her chant.

When Rein slides the planchette over, it changes direction and hovers directly over ? Which despite not being on the image reference is totally on the air hockey table.

Spoiler
    Show

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

{BWC}

Melody stares at the planchette for a moment. Uncle Raven, is that you? she asks, torn between excitement and fear. She pulls her hand from Shrikes.

Now the only ones holding hands are Reinholdt and Shania. And she's too frightened to let go. Though she does ease the squeezing a little.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

The planchette moves.

no

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

{BWC}

And we'll have to pause there, as Melody looks first to Reinholdt, and then to Shrike as to what to do next.

Wh-who are you? She asks as she waits for the two to give their input on the situation.

((DEADTIME))

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

M Y N A M E I S S K U L D the planchette spells out. Someone might want to take notes to make it easier.

((and future posts will be done without the awkward spacing or reference to the planchette, because that would get annoying to read and to type.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

{BWC}

Reinholdt shrugs, one hand holding Shania's.
    "Well it was a good try. Probably should just put it away now." Momma always said don't talk to strangers using ouija boards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know why I never put together "GLog" with "log cabin"... "Hello, would you like to visit our GLoG cabin?" Yeah, I'm dumb.

[BWC] because I won't really be impeding anyway!

The bluebird that bothered the purple-coloured half-dragon glides down from above, and onto the windowsill. It's just outside the room of the séance, listening to the music. Occasionally it must hop; one leg isn't always enough to keep one's balance.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

{BWC}

Melody writes down what the planchette says. Skuld? Why are you answering, and not my Uncle Raven? Melody ignores Reinholdt's suggestion. What ridiculous advice.

Shania sees the bluebird and smiles at it. ~~Hello.~~ She telepathically sends to it. Using the bird as a diversion from all the scary stuff.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garth is by the woods training. How?

He's swinging his massive sword as hard as he can and stop it before it nicks the tree. He then holds it there for a minute. Rinse and repeat. Well without the rinse.

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Ghost-Vidalia watches Garth closely. But she says nothing.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Five strikes... ten strikes... twenty strikes later.

On the twenty first strike Garth doesn't stop the chop. It continues through the whole trunk of the tree the blade stopping as soon as it exits.

There's a slight grown in the wood as it finds part of itself missing but it remains standing straight and tall. The tree has only move by perhaps less than a centimeter in total and it can hardly be seen that it has been cut at all.

Garth takes a few steps back and hurls his broadsword up at the top of the tree causing it to now fall down away from him, the camp and most of the other trees. Seems like he could become a logger.

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

[BWC]

Shrike frowns, and shakes her head a little. "He's right. We got a wrong number, we should apologise and try again later."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

{By the tree}

Why'd you do that? Are you going to use that wood? Vidalia is standing behind him, frowning.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

[By a Tree]

Garth looks over at the ghost. " I erm... ahh, yes? " Now that the question has actually been brought up he seems kind of embarrassed about it.

Silly dragon man doing silly wasteful things. Bad Garth, use resources wisely.

-Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

{By the tree}

Vidalia just waits. As if expecting him to tell her how he's going to use it. Her frown does soften, a little.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

[By a tree]

Garth takes a second to think. " *cough* Oh umm... well... firewood! and umm... Could use some of it for carving... er, ahh... and could use it to start fixing some of the more damaged cabins and err... "

Seems he has lost reasons for why he cut down the tree. The large man has also started to walk backwards to retrieve his sword while keeping contact with Vidalia.

-Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

{By the tree}

Well, don't trip over it. Get to work. I'll expect a pile of logs by the main cabin by this afternoon. And keep a couple of bigger logs, so we can use them for fixes and repairs. Vidalia smiles and turns to leave.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

[By the tree]

" Right will get right on that! " He says turning around confidently seeing as he just dodged an arrow it seems.

Well looks like he already didn't do the first part because just after he turned around he tripped over a branch and fell flat on his face.

He holds up his hand with a thumbs up. " I'm okay! Only my dignity was hurt. " Garth says picking himself back up and retrieves his sword.

The part dragon will then get to work on making this tree into different size pieces of smaller tree. Most of it will end up as firewood and kindling while the rest ends up as some smaller more workable carving pieces and pieces large enough to use for repairs.

-Nexus Characters