New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Blade Lord Vestige [3.5] PEACH

This was based on the Blade Lord Project, and a spounted off idea that I had. The whole thing was thrown together at 2am, so I have no idea how well it might work.

Extorius, The Legion Unfounded
    For nearly as long as the Blade Lords have been, there has also been the Vestige known as Extorius, The Legion Unfounded. With every strike of the Lord of Sword's Annihilating Strike the legion grows larger, but as they no longer exist, they grow no stronger. Extorius grants the binder powers that mimic those of the Lord of Swords.
    Vestige Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 27
    Legend: In the dawn of time, the Blade Lords came into being. Sometime after that, the Lord of Swords was challenged by his first mortal opponent. The opponent had created a weapon that was outside the Lord of Swords' purview and thus could kill him, or so the opponent though. The battle between the Lord of Swords and the challenger lasted for several days, and both of them were greatly injured. On the morning of the seventh day, the Lord of Blades decided to finish off the challenger for all time. In a single act he would be rid of the challenger and the weapon that had injured him so severely.
    The move that should of utterly destroyed the challenger worked perfectly, but yet still failed. Instead of destroying the challenger, it sent him outside of reality, where he continued to exist as a vestige. With each additional target of the Lord of Swords' Annihilating Strike being sent to the same nonspace as the first challenger, the powers that Extorius could grant to those few who knew about it grew as well.
    Binder scholars believe that once Extorius grows strong enough, then it will have the power to destroy the Lord of Swords, but only with the help of a binder. Although there are those who believe that such an act would cause Extorius to become real once more, and that could have incalculable consequences to the universe as we know it.
    Special Requirement: None
    Manifestation: Once the seal is completed, a sound like a thousand armored soldiers marking can be heard, this continues as a single warrior walks slowly into the seal. The soldier's appearance is different every single time that Extorius is summoned, male, female, human, elf, dwarf, giant, and others, its choice of weapon and armor is no more predictable than its personality. Extorius speaks quietly, but its voice resonates with the sound of a thousand other voices.
    Sign: Your shadow takes on the form of the representative of the legion that you made the pact with.
    Influence: Unless you are in command of them, you will not deal with Outsiders, except in combat. Extorius requires that you attack the strongest warrior in preference to all others when you enter combat.
    Granted Abilities: Extorius grants powers that mimic those of the Lord of Blades, or are meant do eventually defeat him.
    Legion's Resistance: You gain resistance to fire, cold, acid, sonic, and electricity equal to your EBL.
    Master of Swords: You gain the benefits of Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, and Improved Critical for any weapon you wield, but with no more then one weapon at a time.
    Shifting Worlds: You may use dimension door as a move action with a caster level equal to your effective binder level. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.
    The Challenger's Weapon: You may call forth an gryspike (sized appropriately for your race) at will as a full-round action. You are proficient in this weapon and can use it without penalty. The abilities of the sword are determined by your effective binder level:
    {table="head"]Effective Binder Level|Gryspike Recieved

12th to 14th|+1 eager /+1 gryspike

15th to 16th|+1 eager collision /+2 defending gryspike

17th to 19th|+2 eager collision maiming /+3 metalline defending gryspike

20th or higher|+3 eager collision maiming wounding /+4 metalline defending disruption gryspike

[/table]
    The gryspike disappear (until you summon it again) if it leaves your grasp for more than 1 round.
    Last edited by lightningcat; 2010-04-19 at 12:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Blade Lord Vestige [3.5] PEACH

DUDE THAT IS SO AWESOME

Also, this needs some hardcore picture, but I can't find any with a gyrspike in it.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool Vestige! What are you gonna do for the influence, though?

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, right, for the influence, I wanted to suggest that if you see a superior armed warrior, Extorius demands that you challenge them to a duel.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Or maybe like that dragonslayer vestige, where in combat you always go for the guys wielding swords first?

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #6

Sounds cool, but wtf is a gyrspike?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tinydwarfman View Post
    Sounds cool, but wtf is a gyrspike?
    The stupidest weapon printed.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    The stupidest weapon printed.
    I guess you could hold it upside down and... I have no idea. That is just moronic.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tinydwarfman View Post
    I guess you could hold it upside down and... I have no idea. That is just moronic.
    It is. It realllllly is. It can be found in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    It is. It realllllly is. It can be found in the Arms and Equipment Guide.
    Of course.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #11

Kobold

How could you ever possibly use that to do anything effective? Use the flail and you stab yourself. Use the sword and you hit yourself with a spiky iron ball. Try to use both at once and you just look ridiculous...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingKobold View Post
    How could you ever possibly use that to do anything effective? Use the flail and you stab yourself. Use the sword and you hit yourself with a spiky iron ball. Try to use both at once and you just look ridiculous...
    I think if you held the sword pointing down and swung it in circles over your head, you could start the flail. Then just stab the sword down at the enemy, hopefully hitting them with the flail as well.

Of course, even if you managed that, if they dodged...
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

But think about it. If you COULD use it, how badass would it be?
    Also, you'd spin it, like a dire flail, or even like a quarterstaff.

Also, VERY cool. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #14

RangerGuy

It might not be the strangest weapon ever, but it is definately in the running. IRL it would be unusable, but luckily D&D rarely lets that stop it. (I also seem to remember that the gryspike was actually based on a real weapon, but the detail evade me at the moment.)
    I used the gryspike because it was mentinoned in the Lord of Swords' description that he had no power over it, and it seemed like a good bit of fluff. Also, so many of the A&EG weapons get no love, so why not help them out.

Now on to the really important stuff. Is this balanced? The right level?

Also updated the Influence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

15. - Top - End - #15

One word:
    SWEET