After 50 pages, the thread needs to be reset, so begins the 10th version of the OOTS Quiz
Originally Posted by Hilbert
I just had the idea of starting an oots quiz. There are hundred -- alas, even thousand! -- of little interesting and/or funny details in the comics which you sometimes do not notice unless someone is poking your nose onto it. (: poke thog's what?)
The rules are plain simple. Someone asks a question that can be answered with (one or more) oots comic strips. (However, try to avoid boring counting questions...) Then people can try to answer it which should always include a link to the strip where you can see the answer. (Please do not write something like "Ah, that's A, you can see it somewhere between OOTS141 and OOTS200. Or maybe it was also a bit later, can't remember right now, but it's definately A.")
If still no one has a clue after after -say- 24 hours (maybe earlier) hints can be given. Whoever first gives the correct answer can ask the next question.
OK, 'nuff said, let's get it started! (: YAY!)
Oh, btw... it would be nice if people edited the link to the correct strip right next to the question once it has been answered. (Not the answer itself, just where you find it.)
Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar
1)The first player to answer a question correctly, asks the next one.
2)If that player doesn't have a question immediately in mind, then state Open question and let someone else ask.
3) Questions have to have an answer that is demonstrated by at least one, and no more than three, canon online strip. (No bonus material either online or in the books)
4) No Counting questions more than 3 parts. For example: how many times has Roy said "the".
5)If the answer given is not the answer expected, but still technically answers the question, Allow it. You can rephrase and ask the question again later.
6) if an answer is given that in no way is correct, then players can call attention to the fact. At that point, there may be 2 questions occuring at the same time. The 1st question that was incorrectly answered is the valid question. The second question may be answered, but for no prize (aka asking the next question).
7)If your response is ninjad, that is if someone beats you with the correct answer, please edit your post stating, "ninjad please answer above question".
8) After 24 hours without an answer, please provide a hint. After an additional 24 hours pass, please provide the answer and take pride that you have stumped us all.
9) Recognize that this is a game. It is suppose to be quick and fun. If a question seems to go beyond the rules, assume that the asker is not familair with the rules, and point them out. If the asker affirms that the question is allowable within the rules, then continue with the game. If the question turn out to be unallowable, it becomes an open question. Groan and move on.
That seems to be a good expression of how we play the quiz game, judging by observing the posts.
If anyone wants to suggest alteration to these rules, they can discuss them here or PM me. If enough people agree with the alteration, I will edit this first post to reflect the new rule(s).
This is the current question:
It was OQ so I will post one.
Who comes up with silly items?
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confucius
I apologise for any possible(and likely) grammar errors in my posts.
Pointing them out in a polite manner via PM is appreciated.
If I'm not told what I do wrong, how can I ever learn?
EDIT: Find the second sketch of someone. (I think they're the only character to have more than one in-universe sketch...I'm tired...)
EDIT2: Actually, I'm not even sure if it's a sketch or a photo, but it's still the only character with a second picture taken (photograph or otherwise), I believe.
Last edited by Gift Jeraff : 05-15-2010 at 11:11 PM.