Ghosts WW - The Spectre of Forgetfulness [Game Start!]
OK, this time I promise I'll finish the damn thing, rain or shine.
OK, this is a more than slightly complicated WW game. Before trying to understand these rules, make sure that you understand the basic rules. There's still a team good, and a team bad, but six of the players have somewhat unusual roles.
This is a no-PM game, with the exception of bonded spirits and their hosts (see below).
Helgraf's Scry Interference is not in effect.
Role claiming is permitted.
Townsperson: An unremarkable soul, the townspeople simply want to live their lives in peace. (Villager). Journalist: Well-versed in investigation, the journalist is able to determine something about someone. Once per night, the journalist may scry a target with a 75% chance of success, or only 25% if the target is a ghost. (Seer). Mayor: Although extremely rich and influential, the mayor is more than happy to help those in need. Every night, the mayor may choose a target (not themselves). Each time the target takes an action until the mayor next uses the power, there is a 50% chance that the action will be enhanced (more explanation below). (Special). Cop: Good-hearted and strong as an ox, the cop is more than capable of defending the innocent. Each night, the cop may protect one target from night-kills. (Baner)
Watcher: The watcher has centuries of experience in seeing what is hidden from others. Once per night, the watcher may scry a target with a 75% chance of success, or only 25% if the target is a person. Giver: The giver has nothing physical to give anymore, but the spiritual should not be underestimated. Every night, the giver may choose a target (not themselves). Each time the target takes an action until the giver next uses the power, there is a 50% chance that the action will be enhanced (more explanation below). Guardian: Love is said to be the strongest shield of all, and the guardian has fiercer love than any. Each night, the Guardian may protect one target from night-kills.
Fraud: A consummate liar, the fraud can make falsehoods seem true and truths seem like lies. Each night, the fraud chooses two non-townsperson roles. There is a 50% chance that any attempt to scry on one of those roles will return the other. (Special) Crook: The best burglar, pickpocket and all-around scumbag in the business, the crook wants what you have and will have it. Each night, the crook chooses a target. There is a 50% chance that the target's next vote will not count, in which case the crook's next vote counts double. (Special) Psychopath: Relishing death and terror, the psychopath savours the kill. Each night, the psychopath may attempt to kill a target, with a 50% chance of success. (Special)
Deceiver: The line between actuality and fantasy blurs when you want it to, and the deceiver helps the process along. Each night, the deceiver chooses two non-townsperson roles. There is a 50% chance that any attempt to scry on one of those roles will return the other. (Special) Taker: People have so much that they are never thankful for until the taker removes it from their lives. Each night, the taker chooses a target. There is a 50% chance that the target's next vote will not count, in which case the taker's next vote counts double. (Special) Madman: Purple octopus bicycles reenact porpoises through flying tortoises! Each night, the madman may attempt to kill a target, with a 50% chance of success. (Special)
In addition, one spirit is the Spectre of Forgetfulness. This spirit's essence has been corrupted by long years of half-life, and so this spirit wins only if its team wins and it or its descendant is dead.
Certain roles are spirits, which obey special rules. Spirits vote for lynch and night-kill as usual, but they also have other abilities. Bonding: Each night, a spirit must choose a target to bond to. It cannot be the same target that they bonded to the previous night. The spirit and their bonded host may PM each other freely until the spirit bonds to another host. If a spirit attempts to bond to another spirit, a random host is selected for the following night. If two spirits attempt to bond to the same host, then the ancestor takes precedence, or if neither is the ancestor then both rebound to a random host. If there are more spirits than people in the game, then one or more spirits will be chosen at random from among those rebounding to go hostless. Hosts are informed of the spirit to whom they are bonded, although neither has their role revealed. Child Sense: When a spirit bonds to their descendant, both are made aware of this fact.
Each spirit has a descendant, whether actual or spiritual it matters not. These descendants resonate more strongly with the spirits than any other host. When a spirit and their descendant are bonded, their special actions grow more powerful, so long as both use their actions for the same purpose. The journalist is the watcher's descendant, the mayor is the giver's, the cop is the guardian's, the fraud is the deceiver's, the crook is the taker's, and the psychopath is the madman's. These roles gain the following benefits when working together.
Journalist-Watcher: Both guarantee knowing the target's role, and also learn who else has targetted the target that night and who the target has targetted that night. They also penetrate either the Fraud or the Deceiver, though if those two are working together then the investigation is fooled.
Mayor-Giver: The target receives the enhancement, and their votes additionally count double (beyond the enhancement).
Cop-Guardian: The target is also Day-Baned, and Night-Baned the next night.
Fraud-Deceiver: The deception can fool even the Journalist and Watcher working together, and remains until tested (although after the first night, the Journalist and Watcher working together can penetrate it).
Crook-Taker: The theft is guaranteed, with each of the pair gaining a double vote the next day. In addition, there is a fifty percent chance that the target's vote on the day after is also voided, in which case either the crook or the taker gains an additional vote on that day.
Psychopath-Madman: The kill succeeds, and if either of the two are killed the next day then one person who voted for them is also killed.
The mayor and giver can enhance a target's actions. For power-roles, this guarantees their power working the next day. In any event, the target's voting (both day and night) is doubled in strength.
The game begins in a few weeks, so there's plenty of time to sign up. Any questions about the rules, just ask.
Killed night 1, was a Townsperson
Lynched day 4, was the psychopath
Lynched day 3, was a Townsperson
Lynched day 1, was a Townsperson
Killed night 3, was a Townsperson
Lynched day 2, was a Townsperson
If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.
Ignis Equine by Akrim.elf, may that name be famed forever.
Last edited by Random_person : 03-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.
What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
That almost mightst have coined me into gold
Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?