Toon Template (Make a D&D cartoon adversary!)
Hope you enjoy the following!
Creatures with the Toon template have numerous advantages, and several disadvantages as well, over ordinary creatures.
All Toons can contort their bodies in impossible ways, giving them a +5 racial bonus to defensive grapple checks and escape checks.
All Toons have access to another dimension known as 'hammerspace' from which they can pull nearly anything. This space is shared, so anything stored in it can be accessed by any other Toon. To pull a specific object, the Toon must make an INT check at normal difficulty if they are the one who placed the item in hammerspace, -5 penalty if anyone else placed the item in hammerspace, +5 bonus if they are not trying for a specific item (though they can end up with any random object using this option).
All Toons have Parted Bodies. This means that any part of a Toon's body that is separated from the main body can operate as if it were still attached (a severed Toon head can even speak!). Blows to a Toon that sever body parts do not deal any actual damage to the Toon.
All Toons suffer from a -5 racial penalty to all rolls involving WIS.
Toons do not have any special resistance to poison, and in fact have a -2 to all saves vs poison. However, Toons cannot die from any poison (the worst they can suffer is complete incapacitation) and will be perfectly fine once the poison has been removed from their system. If necessary, the Toon themselves can vomit the poison out (but only someplace that no one else wants them to) and be better in 1d4 rounds, or sweat the poison out while they sleep.
Toons suffer from Whimsical Sleeping Disorder. They can sleep through the loudest noises and fiercest disturbances with no difficulty, but somehow almost always wake up at the sound of a pin drop (or similar quiet and normally non-disturbing noise).
All Toons can completely recover from ability damage done to them in 1d4 hours.
Toons do not bleed. Ever. It is the most reliable way of identifying them. They do still have blood, but it can only be removed by active extraction (such as by a vampire feeding).
All Toons have Whimsical Damage Reduction 5 (or greater if the base creature already had damage reduction).
Whimsical Damage Reduction differs significantly from standard Damage Reduction.
First off, there is no substance that can overcome Whimsical Damage Reduction.
Second, even though the creature is taking less damage, they still feel pain as if they took full damage. Rolls to stagger or render unconscious a creature with Whimsical Damage Reduction are treated as if the creature did not possess any Damage Reduction.
Third, all damage done to a creature with Whimsical Damage Reduction has an 80% chance of being non-lethal and a 20% chance of being lethal, no matter what it is classified as normally.
Fourth, every time a blow is struck, it has a 10% chance to completely bypass Whimsical Damage reduction.
All Toons have Whimsical Recovery:
When performing no other action, a creature with Whimsical Recovery has a 50% chance to heal 1d6 damage per level/hit die they possess. However, if they take any additional damage that round, this ability is negated.
A creature with Whimsical Recovery can also recover completely from death, including disintigration. They have a 10% chance to do this within 1d6 rounds, and must wait (# of failed attempts)d10 rounds before they can make another roll to do so at +10% recovery chance.
All Toons get triple the number of allowed Feats and Skill points to spend, but they only have access to a third of their total skills at any given time. Which skills they have access to is determined at random.
All Toons have Whimsical Skills and Whimsical Feats. Whenever a Toon tries to use one of their skills or feats, it has a 10% chance of outright failing.
All Toons suffer from DM Whimsy. This means that the DM has more control over a Toon's powers than they do. Any time a die roll is necessary to determine if a Toon's abilities work, the DM can outright declare the result without rolling if they would find that result amusing.
Toon PCs have Fourth Wall Awareness. Anything the player of a Toon character says to the DM is considered to be in-character.
Toon Feats. (To come)
Incredibly Annoying Voice
Spout Catch Phrase
Last edited by Crisis21 : 04-03-2011 at 07:07 PM.