1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Keep on the Shadowfell from WOTC (H1)
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
I am looking for 4 or 5 PCs, (I have already filled one slot, 3 or 4 are still to be filled)
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Standard Point Buy
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
No Evil Characters
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Standard Rules Apply
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Roll in the threads
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
No House Rules
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, one to two paragraphs minimum
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Mostly hack & slash and roleplaying (it is a premade module afterall)
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
All WOTC material except Hero's of Shadow (I haven't got a copy of the book yet), and setting specific material (this means no Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, or Ebberon content)
Other Information about character creation:
1. I would like to be able to access your sheet, myth-weavers works well for this.
2. Backgrounds: Don't use Scales of War Backgrounds or setting specific backgrounds.
How Combat will Work:
For this game, I will roll initiative for combat. We will not be using group initiative, I personally hate it. Also, on your turn in combat you have 24 hours and then your character will perform a default action (if you have given me what you would like it to do) or will go on delay until you post.
I will be updating the maps after each turn and posting them up in my replies which should be fairly frequent.
When writing a combat post please write your flavour and then put your mechanics in a spoiler with all dice rolls. At the very end of each post I would like a spoiler containing your characters "status". I will give a couple of examples of a status block that I use. This is just an easy way to keep track of your character during combat.
Status Block 1:
HP 22/31 Bloodied 15 Healing Surge 7 (6 used /7) AC 20 Fort 13 Reflex 17 Will 17 Speed 7
HP 8/22 Bloodied 11 Healing Surge 7 (1 used /7) AC 17 Fort 13 Reflex 11 Will 17 Speed 5
Enemies take 1d6 when they hit me with a melee attack.
ACTION POINTS 1
Lance of Faith
Gaze of Defiance
Goring Charge Healing Word (1)
Healing Word (2)
Turn Undead (Channel Divinity)
Divine Fortune (Channel Divinity)
Weapon of Astral Flame
Item Powers Talon Amulet
Knowledge checks will be handled by private message. You can roll them in the OOC or the IC thread but I will give you the result by private message. It will then be your job to have your character tell the other characters what you discovered in the IC thread.
Also, if you have an image you would like used for your character, provide a copy of it or a link and I will try to incorporate it.
This will be my first attempt to DM a PBP game. I have run a handful of games in RL, mostly published material.
Only thing you need to remember is that you can't use preview post if you are planning to post a roll. The same holds true if you want to edit a post to add in a roll, it won't work. However, once the roll has been posted, you can edit the text around it at your leisure.
"Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous
Unless you changed it, I think there is a temple of Avandra in Winterhaven. Option #3 would work for Joran (a paladin of Avandra). Option #1 may work as well if the missing mentor was in anyway associated with Avandra's clerics, priests, followers etc...
Also, in your Sweet 16, you mentioned that we should have a default turn if we don't respond to combat in a timely manner. Can I set up these conditions?
If Joran is bloodied and has a Second Wind:
Move - adjacent to the closest enemy (in case of a ties, then closer to the one that Joran perceives to be the bigger damage dealer to the party). Action - spend Second Wind Minor - Divine Challenge (mark) that same enemy
Any other time:
Move - adjacent to the closest enemy. Minor - Divine Challenge (mark) that enemy Action - attack that enemy with Enfeebling Strike (+7 vs. AC, 1d10+4 dmg, target takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn)
3. You are asked to investigate the ominous signs and rumors of dark powers surfacing in Winterhaven.
In the end, Nathan will end up going for whatever reason Rythia is, but this seems like something she would go for. Of course a lost mentor would work too, but it doesn't fit very well.
I suppose we'll also need to have already been acquainted before we actually hit the road? If that has already happened off-screen (most likely), this is what Nathan's predispositions toward his party members are:
Rythia They'lliar:"Miss, if there's anything about adventuring you need to know, I'm your man."
Nathan will do a lot to attract Rythia's attention, including pretending to be a seasoned adventurer, hold her hand, or teach her fencing/pool/golf. That sort of thing.
Iltaru:"Shh! Don't tell it anything it doesn't need to know. It could be a demon from hell for all we know!"
Nathan has never seen a Shardmind in his life before. On top of that, it is being oddly amicable. Nathan might be overly paranoid, but that comes with the territory.
Joran Skyborn:"Joran! Come here you little runt! *noogie*"
Nathan doesn't actually know Joran very well, he is merely one of many other urchins he'd met while running from town to town and probably swindled. He didn't actually remember his name, only his face, and overheard someone thank him for helping an old lady across the street (or somesuch ).
Thyrn: "What the hell is up with all of these half-elves?'"
That quote really has nothing to do with Nathan's thoughts on Thyrn, I just thought it was funny because we have three half-elves to two non-half-elves.
I'm not really sure how Nathan should interact with Thyrn. Maybe Thyrn is a bit reclusive an does't trust the others, but really wants to learn more magic. In most cases including that, Nathan wouldn't be very trusting of him.
EDIT: Now with spoiler tags!
Also, for plot hooks, would it be a such a huge problem for some to have individual plot hooks? Iltaru is obviously looking for his mentor, and Nathan and Rythia could have been entreated by Joran and the church of Avandra to help deal with the odd stirrings. Maybe Nathan was headed there anyways, looking for a specific artifact of yore, and going with Rythia was just gravy.
EDIT EDIT: I just changed my font color, Gold is too bright I think, so I changed it to Goldenrod. Its a bit too close to brown now though...
The main reason we need a plot hook for the group is I would like to use the rewards etc. and information hooks from the module. If I end up combining two of the hooks I will average out the reward from each.
__________________ Playing: Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E Gustavo - The Fires of War - D&D 4E
I dunno how long we should wait, maybe a week from the start date? Which is...
like may 1st? So maybe till sunday tops? Hmm that seems a bit long to wait actually. Let's see what everyone else has to say.
Related to the IC thread:
I thought that Shardminds didn't have mouths?
Related to the IC thread:
I thought that Shardminds didn't have mouths?
To be honest, I have not seen anything written one way or another. Most of the pictures I pulled up showed no distinguished mouth, but I can see where one could be, as far as a break in the crystal. PHB3 says, "You can communicate telepathically" as opposed to "You must communicate telepathically" which would indicate a lack of mouth.
Also, it says they have no gender, but they can choose their forms to mimic male or female, which would, I would guess, allow them to create a mouth in that form.
Good question....unless there is something out there definitive, Iltaru has a mouth and can speak....just one more thing that separates him from other shardminds.