New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FwM] What Has Magic Done? My Little Pony, Without The Kiddy

My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
    In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
    In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q: Rules? Really? In a game started by Lix?
    A: Not really my game, I'm just making the topic.

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
    A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
    A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
    A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
    A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
    A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Links
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-05-23 at 03:49 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] What Has Magic Done? My Little Pony, Without The Kiddy

((Our own OOC/Recruitment/Character database thread))

Eric and Roy were both on watch today at the north end of town. Eric was playing a slow tune to pass the time while Roy looked bored despite being alert.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

(Thanks)

Scarlet Flair, the X-treme flying unicorn, walked up to them, looking around. The cutie mark on her flank, a winged flame, glimmered.
    "'lo the guards?" she calls softly. "Anything happening?"
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-05-23 at 03:52 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

[North Town Gate]
    Zach was on edge today, he was almost caught helping the Rebels today. As he sauntered back into town, he hid his face from the guards Eric and Roy. They too, have almost caught him before. He was afraid of them recongizing his face. He was afraid of anyone recongizing his face. He wasn't supposed to be helping the rebels reinstate the old ruler.
    Then he saw someone he didn't wish to see.

Scarlet Flair.

He walked at the same pace past her. Not wanting to show any anxiety, lest she recongize him.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-05-23 at 04:39 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Damrot

Damrot scanned the place he had decided for the encampment to be build upon. It was a nice flat bit on top of a hill. The perfect and possibly most dependable place. He quickly send out Unicorn and Earth ponies to gather wood for walls and a barracks. He also send out Pegasus ponies to check around to make sure there weren't any rebels around. A few Earth ponies quickly started unpacking tables, chairs, maps, pots, everything needed for a long camp. Damrot quickly checked the map to see that the encampment was going to be exactly one mile away from the town Bridle Shores.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star the pegasus pony didn't find pleasure in a lot of things. Off the top of his head, he could think of only two: writing, and stargazing. His cutie mark was a silver star and a pen, after all. Writing definitely brought him his greatest joy, especially by moon or star light. He adored the night, the cold, the very feeling of darkness enveloping him like a soft blanket.

Lone Star still couldn't stand the few times he was asked to keep watch during the day for trouble.

Oh, it made sense to have someone up here to keep an eye out - armies or anything large enough to be a bother would be easily visible long before they arrived. But the day was hot and itchy on his inky black coat, and while his wings had it easier with all the daytime thermals, he couldn't honestly say he liked it. But, it was needed. Bridle Shores needed him to keep his red eyes peeled, and so he would, no matter how much he might dislike the bright day light.

At the moment, he was keeping watch in the center of town. This position was used as a relay point - from here he could see all of the gates of the town, and quickly get down to warn everypony if something were to occur. The upside was, Lone Star was largely a back-up until an emergency occured.

The downside was he needed to stay in the air at all times through the entire day, which wasn't easy or fun.

There was an itch in his silver mane that just refused to go away by itself, and he found himself in a particularly irritable mood as he bit at it, turning himself to look at the north gate.

Perhaps we'll receive a message from somewhere else in the world today, Lone Star allowed himself to think wistfully. Yeah... They'll have found a rare, old book... something like The Siege of Trot... He laughed at himself. Yeah, THAT'LL happen...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-23 at 05:48 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Thanks)

Scarlet Flair, the X-treme flying unicorn, walked up to them, looking around. The cutie mark on her flank, a winged flame, glimmered.
    "'lo the guards?" she calls softly. "Anything happening?"
    "All quiet on the northern front," Eric responded.

"Geez bro," Roy said, sighing, "you want to get us banned from a second gate for the month?"

"It's hardly my fault some ponies can't take a joke," Eric pouted. "What's wrong with the occasional culture reference and lighthearted joke anyway?"

Roy winced a bit. He agreed with Eric, honestly, but sadly some others didn't. And one of those was the current pony in charge of the guard shifts.

Bridle Shores was a standard pony town on the surface. A few shops, a couple of farms, houses, and a large defensive wall around the whole thing. Unlike most towns that had four gates at the four cardinal directions, North, West, South, and East, Bridle Shores didn't have an Eastern gate. This was because the eastern side of the town wall opened up to the large lake.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-05-24 at 01:23 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Oh, sweet pony goddesses."

A steadily growing roar shattered the silence, and along with it appeared a dark blue airship, it's underside damaged and burning. It was flying toward Bridle Shores at a very high speed. Inside the cockpit, a white unicorn wearing goggles pulled at the throttle and the landing gear lever, trying to bring down The Magician without hurting anypony, or worse.

"Of all the times for you to malfunction, you had to pick today?!"
    Aero Naught screamed at the dashboard, giving the lever a sharp kick. He was rewarded with the sound of the landing gear extending. "Good. All I need now is to crash somewhere empty." Luck was with him, for once. He spotted a street clear of ponies with just enough space for an emergency landing. Gripping the controls and applying his telekinesis for added stability, he eased the airship down.

*CRASH*

The airship skidded several feet before coming to a stop. Its underside was dented and torn, and the landing gear was bent out of shape, but it was otherwise intact. The same could not be said for the street beneath it. Shoving the cockpit door open, Aero Naught half fell, half stumbled out of the smoking Magician, clutching a fire extinguisher to him. Muttering to himself, he sprayed the airship with its contents.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-05-24 at 05:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star's eyebrows rose when he noticed the airship, and then bulged like watermelons when he saw that it was going way too fast and was unlikely to stop before reaching bridle shores. He immediately shot down towards the town. Looks like today wouldn't be so boring after all.

"CRASHING AIRSHIP!! GET INSIDE!!!" Lone Star yelled as loudly as he could. Immediately everypony scrambled to get indoors, clearing the street, and he shot into the air to look around town. Fortunately everypony seemed to have taken his advice rather quickly - though it spoke volumes about the fear in the town. He flew above the airship as it crashed, then watched as somepony crawled out of the ship and tried to put it out.

He flapped his way down, head tilted. "Need help with that?"

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Unsteadily, Aero Naught turned, using the fire extinguisher as an improvised crutch. He massaged the sore spots on his body (just about everywhere), and winced. "Please." He whirled around to shower the fallen aircraft as it flared up again. "Darnit." Aero looked at the cockpit. "As I was saying, help would be greatly appreciated. Could look after the fire for a moment while I retrieve my things?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star nodded. "Alright. But make it quick - gotta get back on watch soon."

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The pilot wasn't long. All he had to retrieve was his coat and a carrying case. "Thank you." Aero Naught looked at The Magician and sighed. "I don't suppose you know where I could get this fixed?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The Pegasus Pony with inky black fur and a silver mane shook his head. "Sorry mate. I'm a writer, I don't need to talk to mechanics much, if ever." He pointed one hoof. "I think there's a shop that way though. If not, try the mayor's place, you can probably get directions there. G'day." He then bellowed. "IT'S SAFE! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!!"

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Soft is currently bartending. Her bar looks more like a medieval one as depicted in D&D games than her normal soda bar. She maintains this is for aesthetic purposes only.

Smoothie/The Blind Seer is currently in the back room behind a thick metal door. If you aren't a member of her family or one of her few friends you don't get to go back there without permission. Ever.

Hullabaloo is riding around on Soft's back hugging her.

15. - Top - End - #15

[Soft's Bar]
    I need something to drink
    Zach walked into Soft's bar.
    "Soft, could I please get a Rootbeer?"
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    [Soft's Bar]
    I need something to drink
    Zach walked into Soft's bar.
    "Soft, could I please get a Rootbeer?"
    Sure, but I'll need more information. Sweet, bitter, extra foam, less than normal, no foam at all, Mason Jar, soda glass, shot glass, Ale mug? Details man! Soft says with mock urgency. Hullabaloo laughs saying You're funny momma.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Sure, but I'll need more information. Sweet, bitter, extra foam, less than normal, no foam at all, Mason Jar, soda glass, shot glass, Ale mug? Details man! Soft says with mock urgency. Hullabaloo laughs saying You're funny momma.
    "Just a normal Rootbeer in a tankerd will be fine."
    Zach pays for it up front. His eyes casting a weary glance all about. He felt a fraction safer here, since there was no guards around.
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Just a normal Rootbeer in a tankerd will be fine."
    Zach pays for it up front. His eyes casting a weary glance all about. He felt a fraction safer here, since there was no guards around.
    Bleh. Normal. Soft says as she gets the drink. Normal is boring, and if there's one thing Soft doesn't like, it's boring. She deposits the money in her pocket dimension and hands Zach his Root Beer in a tankard.

Here's your normal Root Beer. Soft says, still being jokingly over dramatic. She notes the nervous look on his face but says nothing about it.

19. - Top - End - #19

Bleh. Normal. Soft says as she gets the drink. Normal is boring, and if there's one thing Soft doesn't like, it's boring. She deposits the money in her pocket dimension and hands Zach his Root Beer in a tankard.

Here's your normal Root Beer. Soft says, still being jokingly over dramatic. She notes the nervous look on his face but says nothing about it.
    "Did you hear? Some supporters of Celestia vandalized a statue of Princess Luna. They were almost caught, but the authorities are still looking for them."
    Zach knew this was true for a fact, he was one of the ponies that vandalized it. He almost got caught as well. He took a sip from his tankerd.
    "Sometimes I wonder if Celestia might actually ever try to come back and overthrow Princess Luna."
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Did you hear? Some supporters of Celestia vandalized a statue of Princess Luna. They were almost caught, but the authorities are still looking for them."
    Meh. No big deal. As long as they keep to vandalizing things and don't try to bring Celestia back, I don't give a crap who they support. Soft says bluntly.

Zach knew this was true for a fact, he was one of the ponies that vandalized it. He almost got caught as well. He took a sip from his tankerd.
    "Sometimes I wonder if Celestia might actually ever try to come back and overthrow Princess Luna."
    If she does, She'll just be overthrown again. We literally cannot live through endless Summer. I'm sure if she'd learn her lesson, she'd be allowed to come back, but until then, we need her stuck where she is. Soft comments. She's a staunch supporter of what Luna did, but she's very sad it had to come to that. Sisters shouldn't have to fight like that.

21. - Top - End - #21

If she does, She'll just be overthrown again. We literally cannot live through endless Summer. I'm sure if she'd learn her lesson, she'd be allowed to come back, but until then, we need her stuck where she is. Soft comments. She's a staunch supporter of what Luna did, but she's very sad it had to come to that. Sisters shouldn't have to fight like that.
    "I've heard rumors that Celestia's Resistance, the group that calls itself the army of Celestia, has already gotten back in contact with Celestia. If that is true, she could be plotting her revenge right now."
    This was a lie within itself, Celestria's Resistance hadn't heard a single peep from Celestia since Luna started ruling. And Zach should know, he was leading the group.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"I've heard rumors that Celestia's Resistance, the group that calls itself the army of Celestia, has already gotten back in contact with Celestia. If that is true, she could be plotting her revenge right now."
    This was a lie within itself, Celestria's Resistance hadn't heard a single peep from Celestia since Luna started ruling. And Zach should know, he was leading the group.
    Yes, and there are rumors that my sister can see the future, that she's actually an eldritch abomination, that she doesn't actually exist and I'm making her up because she never comes out of her room, and that she can read the mind of everypony within a thousand miles. Rumors are just rumors and nothing more. Don't worry about them. Soft says brushing it off. She wasn't too worried about Celestia getting revenge. The ponies that supported Luna vastly outnumbered the ones that outnumbered Celestia, so even if she did come back, she'd probably be outnumbered 10 to one.

Lets stop talking about the rebels. They're a bunch of morons trying to bring back a being that will kill them just as much as anybody who is against her. It's not even an interesting topic, it's just a depressing one. Soft says.

23. - Top - End - #23

Lets stop talking about the rebels. They're a bunch of morons trying to bring back a being that will kill them just as much as anybody who is against her. It's not even an interesting topic, it's just a depressing one. Soft says.
    Zach got a little angry about the comment about Celestia's Resistance, but he didn't let it show on his face, he didn't want to ruffle any feathers. If only she knew what Celestia's Resistance's final goal was. To completely unify both Luna and Celestia into one being that knew both anger and repose. That could easly keep the monsters at bay. Celestia's Resistance wasn't working to replace eternal summer, they were working for a ruler that knew everything there was. But that didn't stop people who just didn't like Luna from joining.
    "You're probably right about the Rebels Soft. While we are on the topic about your sister, how is she doing today?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Zach got a little angry about the comment about Celestia's Resistance, but he didn't let it show on his face, he didn't want to ruffle any feathers. If only she knew what Celestia's Resistance's final goal was. To completely unify both Luna and Celestia into one being that knew both anger and repose. That could easly keep the monsters at bay. Celestia's Resistance wasn't working to replace eternal summer, they were working for a ruler that knew everything there was. But that didn't stop people who just didn't like Luna from joining.
    "You're probably right about the Rebels Soft. While we are on the topic about your sister, how is she doing today?"
    Pretty good. She still refuses to come out of her room unless it's an emergency, but she still enjoys her life. She does have a few friends who occasionally come over anyway. Soft says. She looks a little sad about it.

25. - Top - End - #25

Pretty good. She still refuses to come out of her room unless it's an emergency, but she still enjoys her life. She does have a few friends who occasionally come over anyway. Soft says. She looks a little sad about it.
    "Why doesn't she come out of her room? It must be difficult, not being able to go outside to enjoy the fresh air."
    He sees that Soft looks sad, his expression softens a bit.
    "Don't worry Soft, I'm sure she will eventually come out of her rooms for other than emergencys."
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    "All quiet on the northern front," Eric responded.

"Geez bro," Roy said, sighing, "you want to get us banned from a second gate for the month?"

"It's hardly my fault some ponies can't take a joke," Eric pouted. "What's wrong with the occasional culture reference and lighthearted joke anyway?"

Roy winced a bit. He agreed with Eric, honestly, but sadly some others didn't. And one of those was the current pony in charge of the guard shifts.

Bridle Shores was a standard pony town on the surface. A few shops, a couple of farms, houses, and a large defensive wall around the whole thing. Unlike most towns that had four gates at the four cardinal directions, North, West, South, and East, Bridle Shores didn't have an Eastern gate. This was because the eastern side of the town wall opened up to the large lake.
    Scarlet rolls her eyes.
    "Need some help?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Why doesn't she come out of her room? It must be difficult, not being able to go outside to enjoy the fresh air."
    If she hasn't told you, then neither will I. is all Soft says.

He sees that Soft looks sad, his expression softens a bit.
    "Don't worry Soft, I'm sure she will eventually come out of her rooms for things other than emergencies."
    I'm sure she will eventually. I'd just like eventually to be sooner than...well...eventually. she says looking a little sad still.

28. - Top - End - #28

I'm sure she will eventually. I'd just like eventually to be sooner than...well...eventually. she says looking a little sad still.
    "She'll come around sooner or later."
    He drains the last drops of rootbeer from his mug.
    "Can I get a refill on my Rootbeer Soft?"
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

Oh the thrill of openly spying on foolish nobles, weeding out the heretics and having them get their up commence for their crimes of treason against the great Princess Goddess Luna. Hmmph. A charming smile and the force of personality and one could have silly fillies and dolt colts eating out of one's hooves. But this was just a job to fund his lifestyle, one that paid handsomely.

His real motive was systematic revenge, but his targets all disappeared leaving a mocking message but he'd find them, in Luna's name he'd find them.

Meanwhile.

Bridle Shores Town Square

The charming gentlecolt strode his way into the main gate with a look of pride. He had recently returned from a trip to Canterlot under "request" of a client. Fox Trot's business there, well one can guess.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star walked into the bar. "Midday shifts..." He muttered to himself. as he looked to Soft and Zach, discussing Soft's sister. He had to admit he wasn't completely sure she actually did exist. He'd considered testing it but decided there was no real point.

He simply waited for the two to finish talking, slumped on the bar. His wings could use a rest anyway.

Extended Sig