New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [FwM]What hath Magic Wrought? MLP Without The Kiddy 4

My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
    In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
    In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?
    Spoiler
    Show

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
    A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
    A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
    A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
    A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
    A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Links
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-02 at 01:08 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [FwM]What hath Magic Wrought? MLP Without The Kiddy 4

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Hover pulls Blaze down and hugs him. "It was enjoyable, but it didn't last. And that when I came to you, my best friend. So when we fight... Just slow down, Blaze"
    As Blaze was pulled into the hug he winced in the sharp pain. He raised his hooves and hugged her back, gently stroking her mane.
    "Alright Hover, I will, just for you."
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    "Icy, don't cry." Lone Star's ears perked and lids opened. "If it were YOUR fault, i would be kicking YOUR ass, not cracking my own skull open. This was my fault... for giving in to her... i told you i'd resist... that i was strong enough to-"
    Icy blinked away the tears. "You... you're alive... I thought you knocked yourself senseless..." She seemed to be looking a little more alive already.

Lone Star's eyes blinked. While unfocused, otherwise he seemed awake. "Wait, why is your background so swirly?"
    Icy face turned to one of concern. "Luna... with all the damage to your skull, I am surprised you didn't just bleed your brains out..." She turned to Fox. "I... I don't think I have the mental capacity to formulate a spell now, but maybe we can drag him to the clinic with other materials...?" She gestured at the things around her.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "Glasses are where you'd expect," Mach calls over his shoulder while assembling a weapon. Sloppy, but fast work. Of course it's so much better than the first one of these he's made. He attaches the premade retracting mechanism to a leather band. At least he knows that won't fail, but is going to have to make another or risk having his claw out of commission should it get damaged.

((upstairs))
    Ember makes his way up those hellish stairs, chugs down two water bottles, nearly chokes and passes out on the couch. There nothing much else for the stubborn colt-stallion to do...but rest and hope that Benson doesn't decide to give him a night mare. Bwhaha.

(We can pick up these particular scenes later...and because it makes for less characters to respond to during this morning influx xD)

After a second of looking at the passed out pony, Staccata realizes she's supposed to be freaking out about this. Sometimes you need to make a distraction. Other times they just show up on a silver platter. The mare makes a frightened squeak noise and darts off looking panicked.

If anypony finds her quickly, she'll say she got lost. Staccata is convinced the crew wouldn't be able to pull of the theft without leaving evidence, however, they could still be part of a deal. Time to do some snooping.

((She's looking for evidence the airship is the beneficiary of the theft, which seems unlikely unless there's something WEIRD in the ship))
    There's nothing particularly weird or unusual in the ship for the mare to find, except for all the butt load of weapons and explosives and the two mechas in the armory. But things related to the theft....the mare will have trouble with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy blinked away the tears. "You... you're alive... I thought you knocked yourself senseless..." She seemed to be looking a little more alive already.

Icy face turned to one of concern. "Luna... with all the damage to your skull, I am surprised you didn't just bleed your brains out..." She turned to Fox. "I... I don't think I have the mental capacity to formulate a spell now, but maybe we can drag him to the clinic with other materials...?" She gestured at the things around her.

"Bedsheets? Maybe a nice big piece of cardboard on top of the bed sheets for a less bumpy ride considering his..self induced condition again."
    Fox shook his head and lowered his head at Lone Star. "I hope you're not going to make this into a bad habit...it doesn't make anything easier for anypony...and you end up worrying Miss Icy more."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    There's nothing particularly weird or unusual in the ship for the mare to find, except for all the butt load of weapons and explosives and the two mechas in the armory. But things related to the theft....the mare will have trouble with that.
    Finding nothing of note all but clears anypony on board in her book... for now. Staccata retraces her steps and makes her way back to something more centralized and to the ponies she 'fled' from. Her face now has a sad, frightened look and she sheepishly explains.

"I'm sorry. I just sort of... when we stumbled on... Is he going to be alright?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

"Bedsheets? Maybe a nice big piece of cardboard on top of the bed sheets for a less bumpy ride considering his..self induced condition again."
    Fox shook his head and lowered his head at Lone Star.
    "Bedsheets, right..." Icy went off into her bedroom. A loud thud later indicated she was obviously wrenching the bed sheets off someplace stubborn. The icy mare reappearaed later with (slightly torn) bedsheets and pillow in mouth. "I think we can use these."

Oh and if Fox looks closely, he'll see Icy beginning to bleed again from her wound in her flank and sides. In all the excitement, it seems Esmeralda had failed to patch herself up in favour of more Lone Star action. Icy herself didn't seem to notice though.

Finding nothing of note all but clears anypony on board in her book... for now. Staccata retraces her steps and makes her way back to something more centralized and to the ponies she 'fled' from. Her face now has a sad, frightened look and she sheepishly explains.

"I'm sorry. I just sort of... when we stumbled on... Is he going to be alright?"
    Silverpine and Tyrol spent the next 15 minutes relentlessly tearing through the maze of corridors and rooms on the airship, calling out Staccata name.

They finally stumbled onto the silly filly in the galley, looking helplessly lost. Silverpine huffed and marched straight up to Staccata. "Young lady, you have caused enough trouble. Time to get off the ship." Tyrol just rolled his eyes. He knew better, obviously.

The two found themselves unceremoniously dumped outside not five minutes later, the door slamming shut behind them. "That was... interesting."

Meanwhile, Silverpine made his way to the infirmary, quickly peeping inside, hoping to catch Gear and Sandy. If he sees Gear, he will ask, "Is he... alright?"
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-02 at 01:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Gearstride-Infirmary

The xanadu mare set to work on the unconscious stallion. Everypony on this crew had basic medical knowledge, to be without it was foolhardy. Gone was the pervy yet charming captain and in her place was the mare who loved her crew and would do anything for them.

Taking care of his superficial wounds was easy, dealing with his head injury and keeping him hydrated, not so much. But the mare pressed on taking care of her engineer. "He'll be fine Lieutenant, rest and attention is what he'll require."

"Bedsheets, right..." Icy went off into her bedroom. A loud thud later indicated she was obviously wrenching the bed sheets off someplace stubborn. The icy mare reappeared later with (slightly torn) bedsheets and pillow in mouth. "I think we can use these."

Oh and if Fox looks closely, he'll see Icy beginning to bleed again from her wound in her flank and sides. In all the excitement, it seems Esmeralda had failed to patch herself up in favour of more Lone Star action. Icy herself didn't seem to notice though.
    Fox Trot-Oy Vey

"Miss Icy Touch...are...you bleeding as well? I'll deal with Lone Star...you patch yourself up, please,"
    Fox sported a worried look as he took the bed sheets and pillow away from Icy. He glanced at Lone Star...feeling so pissed off at him, but unfortunately, Fox had a conscious and couldn't let this fool die.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't intend to make forcing myself on a friend habitual, Fox." He replied when Icy went to get bedsheets. Lone Star's wings flapped feebly and he rose into the air, though the rest of him hung limp.

"Oh, she IS bleeding? I thought i was hallucinating... oh yeah, E-Icy never did patch herself up after the fight with Rose." He blinked. "Maybe Icy should lay on the crate instead? I can still float... sorta..."
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Gearstride-Infirmary

The xanadu mare set to work on the unconscious stallion. Everypony on this crew had basic medical knowledge, to be without it was foolhardy. Gone was the pervy yet charming captain and in her place was the mare who loved her crew and would do anything for them.

Taking care of his superficial wounds was easy, dealing with his head injury and keeping him hydrated, not so much. But the mare pressed on taking care of her engineer. "He'll be fine Lieutenant, rest and attention is what he'll require."
    Silverpine glanced at the injured unicorn guiltily. Did he push him to do that? Was he too harsh? Had he been unfair to his friend...? Question, questions and more questions. All which cannot be answered. And what about his feelings for the captain... was it even real? Silverpine sighed. What a mess to blow up now.

"I... I'll see if I can get a doctor from town. They'll have better facilities there," he finally said, after watching Gear treat Sandy for some time.

Fox Trot-Oy Vey

"Miss Icy Touch...are...you bleeding as well? I'll deal with Lone Star...you patch yourself up, please,"
    Fox sported a worried look as he took the bed sheets and pillow away from Icy. He glanced at Lone Star...feeling so pissed off at him, but unfortunately, Fox had a conscious and couldn't let this fool die.
    "Huh?" Icy looked back on her flank and body. Blood was oozing steadily from the wounds she suffered earlier. "Oh... right..." The icy mare disappeared again from the door. "I think I got some first aid kit somewhere..." she said as she went.

Fox will find her downstairs, in her ruined kitchen, patching herself up with some bandages earth pony style. She would be struggling to do so though.

10. - Top - End - #10

Silverpine and Tyrol spent the next 15 minutes relentlessly tearing through the maze of corridors and rooms on the airship, calling out Staccata name.

They finally stumbled onto the silly filly in the galley, looking helplessly lost. Silverpine huffed and marched straight up to Staccata. "Young lady, you have caused enough trouble. Time to get off the ship." Tyrol just rolled his eyes. He knew better, obviously.

The two found themselves unceremoniously dumped outside not five minutes later, the door slamming shut behind them. "That was... interesting."

Meanwhile, Silverpine made his way to the infirmary, quickly peeping inside, hoping to catch Gear and Sandy. If he sees Gear, he will ask, "Is he... alright?"
    Staccata processes the information she's found, or really the lack of it. Can't be too sure about all this. After a moment, she has to think back on what Tyrol said before responding in the not-so-excited voice everypony knows and loves.

"They're clean, and we've found this out without blowing our cover or dragging them into this. Twenty minutes dealing with me or hay knows how long wondering why they were being investigated."

She then gets one of those mischievous grins before continuing. "Going to this stranger guy immediately would be suspicious. In the meantime, I don't think you've ever once mentioned anything YOU'D like to do."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    As Blaze was pulled into the hug he winced in the sharp pain. He raised his hooves and hugged her back, gently stroking her mane.
    "Alright Hover, I will, just for you."
    "Thank you. Now I'm gonna do something. And...and you can go do stuff. And i'll see you later.
    Hover broke the hug, stood up, and walked out the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    "I don't think so..." She thought really hard. "B.m......B.M........ Baby Molly! My dad would read it to me every night! It was about this baby filly who was brought to her parents via stork."

((deadtime for 7 hours))
    "Stork you say. Hmmm... what does that clue mean." Grills scratched his chin and stared at the file again. "Anything about your early childhood that was unique? Anything different from the norm?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

12. - Top - End - #12

"Thank you. Now I'm gonna do something. And...and you can go do stuff. And i'll see you later.
    Hover broke the hug, stood up, and walked out the room.

"Stork you say. Hmmm... what does that clue mean." Grills scratched his chin and stared at the file again. "Anything about your early childhood that was unique? Anything different from the norm?"
    "'K! See you tonight!"
    He laid his head down and then fell asleep.
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't intend to make forcing myself on a friend habitual, Fox." He replied when Icy went to get bedsheets. Lone Star's wings flapped feebly and he rose into the air, though the rest of him hung limp.

"Oh, she IS bleeding? I thought i was hallucinating... oh yeah, E-Icy never did patch herself up after the fight with Rose." He blinked. "Maybe Icy should lay on the crate instead? I can still float... sorta..."
    When Icy was out out the door, Fox spoke to Lone Star.

"I wasn't talking about forcing yourself on Miss Icy...but nonetheless...It's still a bit sad that you caved in first...I had believed you had a stronger will than I...Anywhom...lay down on the pillow and bedsheets now. You're only going to make things worse on yourself and in turn worry Miss Icy some more. I'm gonna check on Icy...STOP making things worse on yourself."
    ==

"Huh?" Icy looked back on her flank and body. Blood was oozing steadily from the wounds she suffered earlier. "Oh... right..." The icy mare disappeared again from the door. "I think I got some first aid kit somewhere..." she said as she went.

Fox will find her downstairs, in her ruined kitchen, patching herself up with some bandages earth pony style. She would be struggling to do so though.

"IF Lone Star is deciding to be smart...he'll be fine and should be layinf down,"
    Fox announced as he descended down stairs. He cocked his head watching Icy. "Miss Icy...here...being an earth pony myself...there's a simple trick to self bandaging." He went on to assist the mare.

Silverpine glanced at the injured unicorn guiltily. Did he push him to do that? Was he too harsh? Had he been unfair to his friend...? Question, questions and more questions. All which cannot be answered. And what about his feelings for the captain... was it even real? Silverpine sighed. What a mess to blow up now.

"I... I'll see if I can get a doctor from town. They'll have better facilities there," he finally said, after watching Gear treat Sandy for some time.

"I'd appreciate that Lieutenant,"
    Gear replied not looking up. She continued to clean Sandy's wounds and what-not.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Infirmary]

As Gear treats Sandy's wounds and attempts to keep him hydrated, his breathing steadies and his condition seems to be improving slightly. He remains unresponsive until proper care is given.

[Sandy - ???]

Spoiler
    Show
    Sandy's entire being felt weightless. More than just a lack of gravity, nothing tied him down. He floated through time, space, and memory, flitting from moment to moment. One second he was watching himself as a foal playing in his hometown, so much bigger than all the other colts. The next, he watched as he fought manticores in the military, slashing the great beasts with his knives.

And suddenly, he was cemented, forced to watch as a specific memory played. It was from earlier that day, when he and the Captain had been fixing the engine. That lousy engine which had caused all his troubles. He found himself getting frustrated. Why did these things always happen to him? Why had his luck kept him from yet another destiny?

His view zoomed in, until all he could see was himself perched inside the machinery. There was the boom; he still couldn't see what caused it. But as soon as the explosion flashed, time slowed. He could see the shockwave. He could see it start to shove him back, then move past him. He could see as it twisted and bent the gears and bars behind him. Twisted it out of the way of his body. His vision enhanced further, and he saw sharp, broken bits of metal that must have passed a hair's breadth from his head. As he watched near miss after near miss, he realized just how close he had come to death.

A commanding voice rang out; coming from nowhere, and everywhere, all at once.

I saved your life. If it is forfeit now, the fault is yours.

As he drifted back into his memories, a thought occurred to him:

Hey...that voice...sounded like me...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fantasia tried to remember all her childhood memories but she couldn't get any memories younger than 6.
    "I don't think so... Maybe.... Do you have a library in town that would have children's books in it?"

---------------------

Juniper on her search

about 2 hours or so after leaving...

June stared at the map in her hands"Hmm, let's see, we turned left at the stream and then after that one tree we passed.... Isn't this that tree? Maybe we should have turned right at the stream... Blackbeak said ravens seem to gather in this cave... or was it this cave over here..."

June folded up the map and turned towards Mica "Maybe we should ask for directions?"

Mica will probably seem frustrated that June got them so lost and will also know that they're in the middle of a forest. No one lives in the middle of a forest.

----------------

Blackbeak, somewhere or other...

What do you mean you need my help? he looked at the raven named Omen who had supposedly captured him.

"Something was stolen from us." she said.

Something like...

"Let's just say it's very important."

I can't help you unless I know what was stolen.

She sighed. "A life."

Who's? he was worried now. He would often leave June for small periods of time to visit them.

"Felicia." she cringed as she said the name.
    Blackbeak had often visited Felicia, she was like a sister to him.

Who killed her? there was a hint of anger in his voice.

"Not a pony or anything, directly... It was an airship."

((not really going to involve the members of the Cirrus unless you want. It's going to be more like the ravens pester the ship to no end making it ten times harder for them to finish repairs))
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-08-02 at 06:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Fantasia tried to remember all her childhood memories but she couldn't get any memories younger than 6.
    "I don't think so... Maybe.... Do you have a library in town that would have children's books in it?"
    "There is the Dragon Library. It's a dump but it is massive inside. It might have a foal book or two inside." Grills replied.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

"There is the Dragon Library. It's a dump but it is massive inside. It might have a foal book or two inside." Grills replied.
    "Could we look there? My father might have left something for me." Fantasia began floating the files back to where they came from.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

When Icy was out out the door, Fox spoke to Lone Star.

"I wasn't talking about forcing yourself on Miss Icy...but nonetheless...It's still a bit sad that you caved in first...I had believed you had a stronger will than I...Anywhom...lay down on the pillow and bedsheets now. You're only going to make things worse on yourself and in turn worry Miss Icy some more. I'm gonna check on Icy...STOP making things worse on yourself."

"IF Lone Star is deciding to be smart...he'll be fine and should be layinf down,"
    Fox announced as he descended down stairs. He cocked his head watching Icy. "Miss Icy...here...being an earth pony myself...there's a simple trick to self bandaging." He went on to assist the mare.
    Icy looked up as he spoke. "I... ah... I never done this before..." she admitted, as she struggled with another roll of bandage. "Never... realised how much I relied on my magic." The icy mare shook her head slightly. She flushed slightly as Fox moved closer to assist her.

"...Thanks," she said, as they finally finished up.

"I'd appreciate that Lieutenant,"
    Gear replied not looking up. She continued to clean Sandy's wounds and what-not.
    "Aye, Captain," Silverpine said, saluting formally, before exiting.

Staccata processes the information she's found, or really the lack of it. Can't be too sure about all this. After a moment, she has to think back on what Tyrol said before responding in the not-so-excited voice everypony knows and loves.

"They're clean, and we've found this out without blowing our cover or dragging them into this. Twenty minutes dealing with me or hay knows how long wondering why they were being investigated."

She then gets one of those mischievous grins before continuing. "Going to this stranger guy immediately would be suspicious. In the meantime, I don't think you've ever once mentioned anything YOU'D like to do."
    Tyrol stared at Staccata blankly. "I don't see how is that relevant to anything..." he replied, shifting uncomfortably.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-02 at 07:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Tyrol stared at Staccata blankly. "I don't see how is that relevant to anything..." he replied, shifting uncomfortably.
    "Everypony's got to have a hobby or stuff to fill their off time." She prods Tyrol in the side while walking back into town.

"Well you might be an odd case, you're somewhat oblivious it seems." She rolls her eyes without looking at the stallion.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Juniper on her search

about 2 hours or so after leaving...

June stared at the map in her hands"Hmm, let's see, we turned left at the stream and then after that one tree we passed.... Isn't this that tree? Maybe we should have turned right at the stream... Blackbeak said ravens seem to gather in this cave... or was it this cave over here..."

June folded up the map and turned towards Mica "Maybe we should ask for directions?"

Mica will probably seem frustrated that June got them so lost and will also know that they're in the middle of a forest. No one lives in the middle of a forest.
    Mica isn't actually all that frustrated. She's been lost with good company before, and she has yet to lose her temper.

Though she was wondering who they'd ask for directions, but she recalled that Juniper could speak with Blackbeak as easily as one pony could with another. Perhaps that skill extended to more than just ravens?

"Well, who do you think would we could ask?" she inquires with curiosity and kindness.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yes. Let's go. But I have to warn you. The Library is just as dusty and dark. Ill teleport us there. It not Port Proof." said Grills. He dusted off his jacket.

Once Fantasia finished putting the files away, Grills will teleport the ponies away to the foyer of the library via a dramatic fiery display. The building with be mostly deserted. The lighting is poor and a draft blows throught the halls. It is obvious that the building had taken damage from the town's many battles. It held up well though.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy - Infirmary]

As Gear treats Sandy's wounds and attempts to keep him hydrated, his breathing steadies and his condition seems to be improving slightly. He remains unresponsive until proper care is given.
    "Aye, Captain," Silverpine said, saluting formally, before exiting.

"Thank you lieutenant..."
    The mare said quietly after he left. Afterwards she returned her attention to Sandy.

Icy looked up as he spoke. "I... ah... I never done this before..." she admitted, as she struggled with another roll of bandage. "Never... realised how much I relied on my magic." The icy mare shook her head slightly. She flushed slightly as Fox moved closer to assist her.

"...Thanks," she said, as they finally finished up.

"No problem love, come now...let's go...get that fool to the clinic,"
    He trotted back upstairs. He mentally sighed. What an afternoon. Not really how he had hoped his encounter with Icy would be like.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

"Everypony's got to have a hobby or stuff to fill their off time." She prods Tyrol in the side while walking back into town.

"Well you might be an odd case, you're somewhat oblivious it seems." She rolls her eyes without looking at the stallion.
    "I still don't see how it relates to our condition... but okay." Tyrol glanced around. "I play chess with my fellow guards... A good way to pass idle time." He shrugged. "Lemongrass hated that game though."

He trotted back upstairs. He mentally sighed. What an afternoon. Not really how he had hoped his encounter with Icy would be like.
    (Skipping ahead to the clinic then.)

And yet again, this time dragging Lone Star slowly across the streets, they finally reached the same clinic they visited not too long ago. This time, they at least went in through the front door. The receptionist had a little scare seeing Lone Star's condition, and quickly summoned the doctor.

"Oh. You three again? And how the hay did he get himself such a massive head trauma... Oh nevermind, bring him in. I don't think I want to know." The doctor gestured for both to bring him in. The receptionist moved to help.

24. - Top - End - #24

Blaze opened his eyes and checked his clock.
    3:30 p.m. it read.
    He placed it down and opened his door. He had only 2 hours and 30 minutes till he would leave with Hover. He walked into the cockpit to see if she was there.
    --
    Dreamrunner was busy doing military work. Oh, how she missed Lemongrass!
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you lieutenant..."
    The mare said quietly after he left. Afterwards she returned her attention to Sandy.

(Foal. FOAL!)

((Editing))

And yet again, this time dragging Lone Star slowly across the streets, they finally reached the same clinic they visited not too long ago. This time, they at least went in through the front door. The receptionist had a little scare seeing Lone Star's condition, and quickly summoned the doctor.

"Oh. You three again? And how the hay did he get himself such a massive head trauma... Oh nevermind, bring him in. I don't think I want to know." The doctor gestured for both to bring him in. The receptionist moved to help.
    Lone Star was provided with some painkiller in the form of gas, which made him slightly loopier than usual. He chuckled and started to sing. "Five curses and spite live in each gnome,
    this truth can't be ignored,
    the best way to get rid of a gnome
    is to throw that gnome overboaaaard!"

"Stop singing before i tell you the story of how I lost my medical liscense."

"Oh alri- wait WHAT?!"

"Nothing. Hold still."
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-08-02 at 08:05 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot obliged and assisted in bringing that fool inside the doctor's operating room. One the way he passed a stitched up pegasi mare asleep on one of the patient beds.

He moved to a corner and sat on his haunches in silence.

27. - Top - End - #27

"I still don't see how it relates to our condition... but okay." Tyrol glanced around. "I play chess with my fellow guards... A good way to pass idle time." He shrugged. "Lemongrass hated that game though."
    Chess might be interesting. She well, knew how most of the game works but hasn't played in a while. "Like I was saying, it's suspicious if we go straight from one suspect pony to another. We could have a late lunch, see a show, or just play a game then?"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star was provided with some painkiller in the form of gas, which made him slightly loopier than usual. He chuckled and started to sing. "Five curses and spite live in each gnome,
    this truth can't be ignored,
    the best way to get rid of a gnome
    is to throw that gnome overboaaaard!"

"Stop singing before i tell you the story of how I lost my medical liscense."

"Oh alri- wait WHAT?!"

"Nothing. Hold still."
    Fox Trot obliged and assisted in bringing that fool inside the doctor's operating room. One the way he passed a stitched up pegasi mare asleep on one of the patient beds.

He moved to a corner and sat on his haunches in silence.
    It was fortunate Icy didn't catch that little exchange, or she would have done something hilariously stupid. Like bucking the doctor in the face, before attempting to freeze his corpse solid.

Instead, she just sat in a corner with Fox, waiting patiently for her turn to be attended. She seemed to be deep in thought as she waited in silence.

Chess might be interesting. She well, knew how most of the game works but hasn't played in a while. "Like I was saying, it's suspicious if we go straight from one suspect pony to another. We could have a late lunch, see a show, or just play a game then?"
    "Why don't we have that lunch? You look like you could use something to eat anyhow," Tyrol replied. He was one to keep personal and business matter private, and talking about his hobby was blurring that line. Though he had a feeling the mare didn't have the sense of what was personal and what was business.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-02 at 08:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

It was fortunate Icy didn't catch that little exchange, or she would have done something hilariously stupid.

Instead, she just sat in a corner with Fox, waiting patiently for her turn to be attended. She seemed to be deep in thought as she waited in silence.

"Hey Miss Icy....."
    Fox tilted his head with an awkward smile. "I'd ask you how your day was yesterday...but I dunno if conversation would be appropriate right now." Fox wanly smiled and let out a small sigh. It started to feel he would never be able to a normal conversation without random manure happening that would make it awkward.

30. - Top - End - #30

"Why don't we have that lunch? You look like you could use something to eat anyhow," Tyrol replied. He was one to keep personal and business matter private, and talking about his hobby was blurring that line. Though he had a feeling the mare didn't have the sense of what was personal and what was business.
    "Didn't anypony ever tell you not to comment on a mare's weight?" she responds with fake shock, knowing full well that Tyrol likely didn't mean anything other than an observation she's only eaten half a sandwich in more than half a day.

Staccata slows down a bit letting Tyrol take the lead. "I'll trust in your choice of business."
    Spoiler
    Show