Our theme this month is... Film Festival
This contest is a remake of the old OOTS on Film contest. Our theme this month focuses on celebrating the wonderful motion picture and the culture that follows it. Anyting referencing movie(s), of any genre, new, old, classics, good, bad... whatever you can think of. All are welcome!
Remember: All artwork must be your own. Do not take, alter, or use any of the The Giant's art. Thanks.
There will be a First through Third place award for each of the following:
Best Actor (Any creation of 120x120 or smaller. Please do not include "large versions". The avatar must stand alone.) Best Adaptation (Any entry based on the OOTS.) Best Director (Any character larger than the above.) Best Original Script (Any scenes larger than the above.) Best Rookie Entry (only applicable to those who have never won a prize in any of these competitions before)
And, of course, the Best Movie award. (Best Overall)
And as an extra, The Ruki's Choice Award, which I will give to whatever entry I personally like the most from any category.
1. All entries must be posted by October 1st at Noon, EST.
2. Every entry must include a bolded introduction as to what category you're entering in. Additionally, if you've never won anything in a previous contest, remember to add "Best Rookie Entry".
3. Every entry must include an itallic introduction as to what your entry is.
For example: Best Original Script HEEEEEEEERE'S RUKI!
4. All entries may be submitted ONCE and for ONE single category. Exceptions to this include: Best Rookie Entries will be submitted for both categories, and all entries are contestants for the Best Overall and Ruki's Choice awards. 4.b. As an added note, when submitting a large scene, it is possible to submit one single character from the scene as an Avatar. For example: If you submit a large comic, you may submit the character used for that comic separately.
5. You cannot re-submit an entry previously submitted to an IA competition.
6.Do not use spoilers. It makes the judge's job that much harder, and they may do you harm.
7.Only the avatarist who created the avatar may submit it.
8. Please do not quote images. The entry/name will suffice.
9. Keep entries within PG-13 or better. Adhere to forum rules.
10. You are allowed to enter any artwork created before the contest, but you are limited to three pre-made entries per category. There is no limit for entries made for the contest. This rule still reqires you to adhere to rule 5.
Willing to participate. I actually got ideas for this this time around.
Originally Posted by Derjuin
Er, this one is going to be fun
Um... yay you?
*is actually drawing up a blank for once*
Originally Posted by IronStylus (on boobplates)
I still consider myself a feminist despite having a biological attraction to certain parts of female anatomy and the desire to now and again see plate metal curvaceously wrapping around their sensual forms in a cradle of cold, sumptuous, steel.
Films are really difficult. The fun and well-known ones are already taken by previous contests/more skillful artists. There's nothing Star Wars related that's in any way unique. So I'm forced to pick ones that are well-known but not fun, or obscure ones that no one would vote for.
You, too, could have a trophy case this intense! Participate in Iron Avatarist! Do it, or I'll start sending you drunken PMs.
I am not brave enough to say something outrageous and be serious. You'll be happier if you assume I'm joking.
Stoats legit King Arthur by The Succubus.
Truly a predicament. But honestly, a well-made entry from a known film will still win you votes, after all, it's about how good the entry looks, and how witty it may be, not about how original it is (though that may become a factor).
And if you're doing obscure movies, well, I'd enjoy it if a new movie was introduced to me.
Si non confectus, non reficiat.
There's nothing Star Wars related that's in any way unique.:
Star Wars universe is so huge that you can always find some good idea. For example -one of our judges' avatar looks a bit like certain gangster from Tatooine . And I'm not saying about her beauty ,but rather overall body shape . But less popular films are also good.
For example -one of our judges' avatar looks a bit like certain gangster from Tatooine . And I'm not saying about her beauty ,but rather overall body shape . But less popular films are also good.
Gua tui half-halfling. Hor hor hor avatarist gua dorba fordi. Hor hor hor.
List of some of my favourite movies, if that helps:
The Princess Bride
Heathers (if anyone manages to make an entry out of Heathers, I'll be impressed)
Robin Hood Men in Tights
Deep Blue Sea (what? It's fun)
Almost any Pixar movie
Most animated Disney movies
Example (not an entry cause I'm a judge and all. Besides, I think I entered this in a previous competition. Can't remember):
Best Actor Happy as Princess Leia
Basically, recast yourself or other forum members or oots characters in your favourite movies. Remake your favourite movie scenes or posters in oots style. Show people at the theatre watching films, or on the sofa watching dvds with their friends. There's plenty of stuff that can be done with this topic. Look at your favourite movies of the past year, if you think all the 'good' movies have already been done.