New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

cool Eberron -> Pathfinder conversion

http://pf-eberron.wikidot.com/
    This is something I've been working on for a while now, one of my larger-scale projects.
    Anything you'd like to see me work on next?

There's also a thread on BG.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-10-05 at 09:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron -> Pathfinder conversion

Why do Warforged still have Fortification if the Construct type lost immunity to Critical hits?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice. Improvements are certainly available from what I've perused, though other things not so much. Shifter shifting is in better shape than it was but, unless they go Beastmind, they take more penalties than other races. Kinda pidgeon holes 'em away from any arcane or psionics. The advanced Beastmind is confusing, since you only start with the one and new ones would be fixed, so I have no idea what it's supposed to do.

I also like the concept of the Wandslinger archetype but I'm not sure it all works, since you only have 4 shots of 0 levels, which are gonna be Ray of Frost, Sonic Snap or Thunderhead, and you're only doing d3 damage at 1st level. I'd recommend an actual 1st level wand that only works for you so you have something that does meaningful effects while you gauge the market in partially charged wands to expand your repertoire.

I would like to see a true PF Artificer, though may take a bit of work. I'll have further comments when I read more of the wiki.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Why do Warforged still have Fortification if the Construct type lost immunity to Critical hits?
    Why does the "turn into an undead" blackguard archetype have Fortification?

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    The advanced Beastmind is confusing, since you only start with the one and new ones would be fixed, so I have no idea what it's supposed to do.
    You get three shifter traits, which are spent on +2/+2/razorclaw by default.

I also like the concept of the Wandslinger archetype but I'm not sure it all works, since you only have 4 shots of 0 levels, which are gonna be Ray of Frost, Sonic Snap or Thunderhead, and you're only doing d3 damage at 1st level. I'd recommend an actual 1st level wand that only works for you so you have something that does meaningful effects while you gauge the market in partially charged wands to expand your repertoire.
    At low levels, that's what the Eternal Charge deed is for. Plus there's the Rich Parents trait if you can get it allowed...
    EDIT: That's d3+Dex damage, and the ability to use Deadly Aim.
    The free eternal wands were partly because in Eberron fluff they were mass-produced for the Last War and handed out to anyone with the slightest bit of magical ability (mostly lv1-2 magewrights). Think of the first wandslingers as a "class promotion" for magewright. EDIT: I should have put something like that on the page in the first place, and now I have.

I would like to see a true PF Artificer, though may take a bit of work. I'll have further comments when I read more of the wiki.
    I tried to fix up the Adamant Entertainment one a bit.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-10-05 at 02:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Why does the "turn into an undead" blackguard archetype have Fortification?
    The writer forgot Undead lost immunity to Crit hits? You'll notice that the archetype never gives the Anti-Paladin Immunity to Critical Hits and the capstone turns the Anti-Paladin into an Undead while also making notes about certain aspects of the Undead, one which is a redundancy since its already spelled out in the type (but wasn't part of the type in 3.5 and 3.0).

Can you cite another official Paizo source where a class, class archetype or other PC option that is based on Undead or Constructs gives Fortification?

All I've found is the Living Monolith prestige class and not only did that come out a full year before Pathfinder became its own roleplaying setting but it's more fluffed towards the taker becoming an elemental creature and elementals still have immunity to critical hits and flanking.

I know it was one of the big features of the Warforged in 3.5, but one potential editorial/writer foul-up doesn't really set precedent for it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Can you cite another official Paizo source where a class, class archetype or other PC option that is based on Undead or Constructs gives Fortification?
    Construct no. There's a number of options based on armor which grant it though, and warforged have armor rather than natural armor. Plus there are 3.5e options which modify their fortification and which don't need any adaptation.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-10-05 at 06:10 PM.