: -2 Intelligence
- Squidians tend to lack forsight and general reasoning skills but are still able to adapt to almost any setting or activity.
: 30ft land speed, 20ft swim speed
- Squidians use their tentacles to gracefully move through the water. On land they can run just as efficiently as any average humanoid of their size.
: 1 Tentacle Slam (1d4 - 10ft reach)
- Squidians have very strong and risilient tentacles that are often used more than their actual arms and hands.
- [Special] If a tentacle is severed or destroyed in any way, it will regenerate after 1d4 hours.
- [Edit] A Squidian's tentacles are very versitile and can be used to hold and/or manipulate up to 2 objects at any given time. The Squidian suffers a -2 penalty on Strength and Dexterity related checks when using its tentacles to manipulate objects, and suffers a -1 penalty on attack rolls for each object held by a tentacle (max -2). The tentacles cannot be used to wield weapons but can be used to load ammunition (as a free hand), deliver touch attacks, or deliver unarmed strikes. A Squidian cannot make a Tentacle Slam, a touch attack, an unarmed attack, or load a weapon using its tentacles if any of its tentacles are holding and/or manipulating an object.
: Improved Grab (ex)
- If a Squidian hits a target with one of its Tentacle Slam attacks, it can initiate a grapple check against the target as a free action that doesn't provoke an AoO.
- [Edit] A Squidian using Improved Grab may affect a creature 2 size catagories smaller than it or less.
: Ink Shot (ex)
- A Squidian can shoot a spray of delicious squid ink at any threatening target within 30ft as a standard action a number of times per day equal to their Constitution Modifier. This is a ranged touch attack that, upon a successful hit, causes the target to be Blind for 1 round if the target fails a (10 + CON Modifier + 1/2HD) Fortitude saving throw.
Racial Skill Bonus
: +8 swim checks
- Squidians are natural swimmers that can take 10 on any swim checks, even under hazardous conditions.
Other Racial Bonuses
: +2 grapple checks
- When using their Improved Grab (ex) ability, they are given a bonus on grapple checks when initializing a grapple and maintaining a grapple.
: Common and Aquan
So, how does it look? Is it too strong for a LA+0 or should I add more options like a Constrict (ex) ability or increase the damage on their Tentacle Slams?
Edit: had trouble with the image, so I posted a link to one.
Edit2: Better picture
Edit3: Added a new feature to the Squidian's Tentacles.
- Made changes to Improved Grab, Ink Shot, and the Tentacle Slam.
- Have an image now!
Edit4: Changed the duration of the Blindness from Ink Shot from 1d4 rounds to 1 round.
- Changed the Improved Grab to only effect creatures 2 or less size categories.