New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [d20r, Feat] Magical Knack

Magical Knack [Investing]
    Prerequisites: Charisma 13+

Benefit: You gain moderate, spontaneous spellcasting ability according to the amount of prowess you invest in this feat, according to the following tables:

Spells Known
    Prowess 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
    1 - - - - - -
    2 - - - - - -
    3 - - - - - -
    4 1 - - - - -
    5 1 - - - - -
    6 1 - - - - -
    7 2 - - - - -
    8 2 1 - - - -
    9 2 1 - - - -
    10 2 1 - - - -
    11 2 2 1 - - -
    12 2 2 1 - - -
    13 3 2 1 - - -
    14 3 2 2 1 - -
    15 3 2 2 1 - -
    16 3 3 2 1 - -
    17 3 3 2 2 1 -
    18 3 3 2 2 1 -
    19 4 3 3 2 1 -
    20 4 3 3 2 2 1
    21 4 4 3 2 2 1
    22 4 4 3 3 2 1
    23 4 4 3 3 2 2

Spells Per Day
    Prowess 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
    1 - - - - - -
    2 - - - - - -
    3 - - - - - -
    4 0 - - - - -
    5 0 - - - - -
    6 0 - - - - -
    7 1 - - - - -
    8 1 0 - - - -
    9 1 0 - - - -
    10 1 0 - - - -
    11 2 1 0 - - -
    12 2 1 0 - - -
    13 2 1 0 - - -
    14 2 1 1 0 - -
    15 3 2 1 0 - -
    16 3 2 1 0 - -
    17 3 2 1 1 0 -
    18 3 2 2 1 0 -
    19 4 3 2 1 0 -
    20 4 3 2 1 1 0
    21 4 3 2 2 1 0
    22 4 3 3 2 1 0
    23 5 4 3 2 1 1

This feat allows you to cast arcane spells, which are drawn from one of the unique lists associated with this feat: one list is chosen upon selecting this feat and cannot be changed. You can cast any spell you knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, you must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell's level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a spell cast using this feat is 10 + the spell level + your Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, you can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Your base daily spell allotment is given on the table. In addition, you receive bonus spells per day if you have a high Charisma score. When the table indicates that you get 0 spells per day of a given spell level, you gain only the bonus spells you would be entitled to based on your Charisma score for that spell level.

Your selection of spells is extremely limited: you know only the indicated number of spells on the table. Unlike spells per day, the number of spells you know is not affected by your Charisma score.

Your caster level for these spells is equal to your Hero Value.

In addition, you may use detect magic and prestidigitation as spell-like abilities with a caster level equal to your Hero Value a number of times per day each equal to your Charisma modifier.

Normal: Your spellcasting abilities are determined by your race and class.

Special: If you already possess spellcasting ability, this feat does not alter it: instead, it acts as a second set of spellcasting, with separate spells known, caster level, and similar.

This feat can be taken multiple times: each time, select a spell list you do not currently have access to.

This feat does not qualify you for prestige classes that require spellcasting.

Spell Lists:
    Explorer: 0th - know direction, light, mage hand, message; 1st - alarm, comprehend languages, detect secret doors, identify; 2nd - knock, locate object, spider climb; 3rd - arcane sight, shrink item, water breathing; 4th - clairaudience/clairvoyance, tiny hut; 5th - overland flight, passwall

Hexer: 0th - daze, flare, lullaby, touch of fatigue; 1st - cause fear, ray of enfeeblement, reduce person, sleep; 2nd - blindness/deafness, scare, touch of idiocy; 3rd - deep slumber, rage, ray of exhaustion; 4th - crushing despair, fear; 5th - symbol of pain, waves of fatigue

Spellsword: 0th - detect poison, guidance, resistance, virtue; 1st - expeditious retreat, mage armor, magic weapon, shield; 2nd - enlarge person, feral might, resist energy; 3rd - greater magic weapon, heroism, protection from energy; 4th - fire shield, magic vestment; 5th - faithful hound, stoneskin

Street Magician: 0th - dancing lights, flare, light, open/close; 1st - color spray, disguise self, obscuring mist, silent image; 2nd - alter self, invisibility, minor image; 3rd - gaseous form, illusory script, major image; 4th - illusory wall, rainbow pattern; 5th - persistent image, seeming

Warmage: 0th - acid splash, disrupt undead, flare, ray of frost; 1st - burning hands, chill touch, magic missile, shocking grasp; 2nd - acid arrow, flaming sphere, scorching ray; 3rd - fireball, flame arrow, lightning bolt; 4th - ice storm, wall of fire; 5th - cone of cold, telekinesis
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2014-04-02 at 03:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [d20r, Feat] Magical Knack

I like it; I'll have to take a deeper look into d20r before I can make any more comments, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been looking for a feat like this for a long, long time. Well done.
    LGBTA+itP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

This looks like exactly what I want when I want to play a arcane dabbler, I like the look of this, now I want a d20r game to play.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.