I am doing a bestiary for my campaign setting and realized that a huge amount of ideas can be quite easily done by taking existing creatures and changing just two or three stats and the description of how they look.
Which such quick and dirty conversions have you done?
- Ogre. Done. Duh!
- Janni genie, with slight tweaks to the SLAs.
- The Elder Scrolls plant person/4th Ed. dryad kind. An advanced 8 HD medium sized Kodama
. And that's it, nothing else really left to do.
- Wight (and not really a refluff, they are virtually identical)
- Dire Rat (maybe advance to 2 HD)
- Like the ones from the Witcher. Take a Yeth Hound without flight.
from Guild Wars. Take a Minotaur without Natural Cunning and add +2 Int.
- Apply both the zombie and ghost template to the same creature.