Hey, quick reminder to everyone. Sometime tomorrow after all the potential character sheets are in, PM me with your top 3 choices, and whether you think we should add one or two new people to the game. I'll tally the choices, and choose which PC(s) we bring into the game from the short list that y'all select. Also, let me know why you like (or dislike) a specific character or player.
I see your wall of PM text, and raise you and everyone else a larger one.
Er, also, I don't want to PM everyone *again*, and I realized after sending it I probably came off kind of negative on some things. I apologize for that, I've been rather depressed and screwed up the last couple of days, my grandmother died on Monday and I haven't been taking it well, so it's made me kind of really not happy with the world in general. Sorry. I feel really bad about that.
I'll also try to scrape up an IC post. Eltain has a bad idea.
(Also, for shame, Mando, regarding that thing in the PMs. Frank could fly last time you saw him. Might be helpful to check his sheet just so y'all know what weird corner-case build you're working with mechanically, heh, and there's also a brief summary of what he's been up to the last year if you're bored enough.)
"But the Prince of Frost has made a critical error and the time for attack may soon come. The data brought to us by our Pixie spies pinpoints the source of the barrier's power. With the Winter and Green Court forces spread throughout the Feywild in a vain effort to get around the Spring and Summer Courts' blockade and stop the siege, the Fortress is relatively unprotected. But most important of all, the Prince of Frost himself is there." He pauses, a look of sadness crossing his face. "Many pixies... Died... to bring us this information."
And, dariathalon, I hope I have your wizard's personality pegged correctly: superball in a frictionless vaccuum? (you know, 'cause you're a science-y wizard and all)
Yeah, he has mellowed a little as the game has progressed, but only slightly. I blame Shep's influence. You can only spend a limited amount of time with a mountain of serenity before it starts to wear off.
Though he is the sort to view magic as both science and art, so maybe a truckload of brightly colored sparkly superballs in a vaccuum. Still somewhat scientific, but cool to look at too!
Also, just to give a reminder to everyone and to fill Orsik in, here are some general thoughts about how I run the game.
- You've got a lot of creative freedom in the game. If you reference an event, or place, or NPS, I have no problem incorporating that into the game, and making it "Canon."
- I encourage awesome and cool things over hard-mechanics any day.
- Personality conflicts in-character can make for great story-telling, and can lead to awesome moments. However, IC disputes stay IC, and don't drift over to OOC. Furthermore, I don't like PvP in the game. So before you come to blows or an out-in-out fight (not a disagreement, or debate, but an actual fight), PM me, let me know, and we'll work out how to resolve it. This also goes for making skill checks against other party members. No using intimidate, or bluff, or diplomacy skill checks to make other PCs do what you want. Those skills exist for PC-NPC relations, not PC-PC.
- In general, good role-play will do more than a skill check will, so don't just say "I diplome him," actually let me know what you're saying.
- This high into Paragon, combat will get much more difficult. I'm not going to pull any punches, and if you do things like split the party, attack someone who has readied an action to coup-de-gras one of your teammates, or if the dice just fall against you; people may die. The people you'll fight will be tough, and will be (typically) trying to kill you. Y'all have plenty of resources, and if you don't use them well and make good use of teamwork and tactics, people may die.
- The point above goes double for Epic. You guys are going to get punished at epic tier, because that's what epic tier combat looks like (and odds are, you'll have enough tricks up your sleeve to get out of even the most dire circumstances if you're smart and play well)
That we make no sense, follow absolutely no sort of order and are prone to horrific ideas that have no chance of success but succeed anyway because we're all Captain Jack Sparrow?
And Eltain looks more Eladrin than human. ;~;
Also, has anyone heard from Toric? I'm a little worried that he's not back yet, since he just said he was going for the weekend and might be going camping somewhere in Missouri. Maybe Jon's platypus bear ate him?