New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default GitP Monster Competition LXV: March Monster Movie Mashup

March Monster Movie Mashup

It's ALIVE! It's ALIVE! - Victor Frankenstein, 1933 Paramount Frankenstein.

Oh no...it is Gojirra. We must flee - Badly dubbed civilian, Toho Studios, Godzilla.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will continue until the 31st of March.

Soon after a poll will be opened for everyone to vote for their favorite that will last until the 7th of April.

As it's part of what I do, I'm happy to offer artwork as a prize. This month's contest winner will be awarded a choice of one character portrait or an illustration of their winning monster. If another entry achieves sufficient awesome to warrant an honourable mention, I may give out additional paintings [I'm not great, but I enjoy it][/center]

Rules

1. This month, you will be creating an original D&D 3.5 monster, complete with stat blocks and all relevant game information, reproducing a famous monster from the movies. The monster must be between CR 8 and 10, but beyond that, anything goes. While it says movies, it may be from a cartoon, anime or tv series, as long as its had WIDE EXPOSURE.

2. The entry must include name, complete stat-block, physical description, basic background information, and detailed combat behavior if any. A plot hook or similar in addition is optional but encouraged. Incomplete entries will be disqualified upon the deadline.
    2b. Contrary to previous rules, templates are explicitly allowed in this competition, with the following limitation: a template is judged on the example creature, which must be a pure SRD NPC character and a pretransformation version of the character must be included for comparison.

3. Entries must be 3.5 edition, using the standard format listed below (not that new one seen in the Monster Manual IV-V, except for a lore section which is required for this competition only).

4. Post all entries on this thread. Do not post conversation here. Any and All Comments and discussions will take place on a separate thread here (this is a link).

5. One entry per participant. No double-teaming.

6. Entries copied from some other source (splatbook, alternate website, etc) will be disqualified. All entries must be a new creation, not one already posted. Adding class levels to an already published or posted creature does not count as a new monster. Nor does adding templates. There must be an original base creature devoid of any template added on as the actual entry. Samples of the original base creature with a template may be posted in 'addition' but will not be judged.

7. No reserving posts. Feel free to post a creature and tweak it, but you have to have the basic beast already done.

8. Please state if you do not want critiques, otherwise other participants will likely give a rundown of your build in the chat thread.

-=-=-=-=-=-
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Monster Competition LXV: March Monster Movie Mashup

Vorpal Tribble's Guide To Making Monsters

As well, here is the standard 3.5 monster format. Only complete entries will be accepted. If there are any questions feel free to ask me or post queries in the GITP Contest Chat Thread.

-=-=-=-

No Parsed Stat Block Code
    Spoiler
    Show
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]Name[/SIZE][/FONT]

<Size> <Type>
    [B]Hit Dice:[/B]
    [B]Initiative:[/B]
    [B]Speed: [/B](# squares)
    [B]Armor Class:[/B] (), touch, flat-footed
    [B] Base Attack/Grapple:[/B]
    [B]Attack[/B]:
    [B]Full Attack[/B]:
    [B]Space/Reach[/B]:
    [B]Special Attacks[/B]:
    [B]Special Qualities[/B]:
    [B]Saves[/B]: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    [B]Abilities[/B] Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    [B]Skills:[/B]
    [B]Feats:[/B]
    [B]Environment:[/B]
    [B]Organization:[/B]
    [B]Challenge Rating:[/B]
    [B]Treasure:[/B]
    [B]Alignment:[/B]
    [B]Advancement:[/B]
    [B]Level Adjustment:[/B]

Description/background/characteristics

[B]Combat[/B]

Ability descriptions

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[B]Lore[/B]

Plot Hook/Story if any

Name

<Size> <Type>
    Hit Dice:
    Initiative:
    Speed: (# squares)
    Armor Class: (), touch, flat-footed
    Base Attack/Grapple:
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach:
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities:
    Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Environment:
    Organization:
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure:
    Alignment:
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment:

Description/background/characteristics

Combat

Ability descriptions

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- Optional -

Lore

Plot Hook/Story if any
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!