giving the Necromantic descendant my 1 as it is my own, and also minion mancy is so fun...
deciple of the elemental my 2 as it does everything my bending brew was saposed to do, but better. though, it is missing weapon profs...
giving the piromancer my 3 because.. pyromancy!
avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!
1st Place: Thief of Light - As much as I would have liked to have voted for my own class for first place, I believe this one was just executed better all around. Derjuin managed to capture the source material perfectly, and that's worthy of a 1st place vote in my book.
2nd Place: Soulweaver - Because we're allowed biased votes.
3rd Place: Botanimorphist - While it's not truly complete, the sheer amount of effort already invested puts this class ahead of any others that might have gotten my vote. I look forward to seeing this in its completed state.
__________________ Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.
Avatar by the wonderful Ceika. Many praises be unto she.
1st Place - Tempest Warlord: Very cool storm themes, good varied options. Looks like a very mechanically solid fun to play class.
2nd Place- Botanimorphist. This class looks super fun to play and is very well designed. Very close to first place, but needs a few more seed options/abilities and I would like to see the Bulbling scale better.
3rd Place- Thief of Light: This class is very interesting, solid abilities and I love to see more luck based classes!
optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.
1. Botanimorphist - Normally I don't vote for my own entry, but now it's specifically allowed and everyone seems to be doing it! Plus there's the fact that I really like how it's turned out so far, despite my expectations.
2. Pyromancer - I like the easy theme and the execution of it. Different from how I've would've done it if I were to tackle a pyromancy theme for sure.
3. Soulweaver - I think the Deathly Horde ability is a bit awkward in progression, but otherwise I really like it. I'm a fan of commanding hordes and the undead, though not necessarily undead hordes, but with this one you can just get a few real strong ones to serve you! I really like the choices in how you can distribute the strength of your undead followers.
It's a shame Amechra's entry didn't get finished, because with the name that class got it was already very curiosity-invoking!
Strawberries is thanked for being an awesome avatarist.
I honestly really like the soulweaver, although I'm beginning to question my own judgment since no one else voted it 1st... However, it's a well designed class with extremely creative abilities. The tempest warlord was a close second for me though. Mechanically, it was actually executed a little bit better then the soulweaver, but frankly it just wasn't as creative. Pyromancer is also done very well mechanically, but it's a fairly common concept and a bit limited roleplaying wise (don't get me wrong - I still really liked the class). Hats off to the authors of these classes! (botanimorphist is very nicely done as well)
1st - Tempest Warlord For the one I'd most probably play. 2nd - Botanimorphist I have always wanted to see a good plant-based class, and this is close to what I imagined. 3rd - Soulweaver This class just seems so cool.
1. Tempest Warlord. Through and though, this is a very good class. Solidly in upper Tier 3, but that's really where I like to have my classes.
2. Pyromancer. Pretty good fire mage, though the spell access seems to require multiple splatbooks or you'll run out of spells, and there are a lot of words where words shouldn't be.
3. Soulweaver. Solid class, but the balance between positive and negative is very easily swayed in the first half of the class--at level 1, there's really no reason to attune yourself to the positive plane because your minions are far more effective than your positive energy lash. Once you start picking up daze and kicking ass, positive is amazingly good, and only over the course of the rest of the class does it plateau out, with negative winning pretty hard overall. I'd honestly prefer to see attuning to a side giving the abilities of that set, and not attuning provided reduced benefits (-2 DCs, 1/2 durations, 1/2 AC bonus, 1/2 AoE effects, 1/2 damage, 2x anima costs, etc.) so that there's a higher chance of the players picking something other than the category that helps them win the hardest.
I'll tiebreak this with a vote for the tempest warlord. Congratulations, Silva.
The botanimorphist is really, really cool. I love the seed mechanic and I love how the class is so simple in structure and yet really easy to customize even day by day. However, the lack of complete seeds hurts the entry currently. I can't wait to see the seeds once you post it outside of the contest thread.
The tempest warlord is a great class. Bull rushes are a rare thing in combat and I like how you included them as a main combat ability for the warlord. The path system is fun and the capstone is simply awesome.
Needless to say, it was a tough decision. I'm glad it was. Nice job, guys.