Roleplaying GamesThe all-purpose forum for general advice or system-independent (or multi-system) discussion. Come discuss adventure plots, gamemastering dilemmas, or player advice here. For ruleset-specific discussions, see the subforums.
We'll have a cast change shortly after returning to M:tE (perhaps a month away, once we've finished up Icewind Dale). mysydrome intends to retire Yghorl and replace him with a different character.
Essentially it's the issue around krogans not being terribly developed in the setting, and not providing much guidance as to how you might develop them either beyond "pacifist krogan". Yghorl is without any grand motivation, and the only ones that might make sense - curing the genophage or else pulling a Wrex and trying to demonstrate a better way to be krogan - aren't compatible with gadding about doing the mercenary thing. Yghorl is probably going to retire to a medical posting aboard the Citadel.
After a few months playing with Shields as attack penalties I can confirm that it works quite well.
I also changed Rapid Biological Restoration to make it a bit more potent.
management systems kick into action, allowing the
character to direct the treatment to where it will be most
effective. As a reflexive action, the character can target
an ally (including themselves) within 5 yards who must
spend one dose of Medi-Gel from his armor‘s reserve;
make an Intelligence + Medicine roll with a penalty
equal to any wound penalties that the target is currently
suffering. Each success scored allows the target to
immediately heal 1B, or "trade" 3B worth of healing to
With the ethics of the situation challenging Penumbra’s dedication to the mission, they are forced to question how to proceed with Dr. Kerensky’s request. Then an unexpected channel is opened, and the mercenaries find themselves dragged back in to the mayhem…
Dug in around the Fastness, Penumbra find themselves in a three-way stand-off with no obvious solution. Without support and with the threat of a ticking clock over their heads, the team need to secure their target and try to resolve this goddamn mess.
Recently we've had Collectors, a fragment of a crashed Reaper (or as we currently know it, a "Sovereign-class geth dreadnaught") and we ended the last session strapping on drop casings to make orbital entry.
The Way The Galaxy Works
- Addition of new Dramatic Failure rules.
You Were Born For This
- Addition of suggested merits for Elcor, Hanar and Volus
- Addition of Enormous and Multiple Limb merits.
- Singularity no longer penalises the Strength + Athletics check by the biotic's Resolve.
- The new biotic Discipline of Esoterics has been added with new powers (Annihilation Field, Gateway, Mindscram, Overdrive and Rift).
- The Carnage, Bodyguard, Resilient and Second Skin Combat talents have had very minor changes made (clarifications or improvements).
- Tech powers now have a new keyword system and simplified write-ups.
- Biological Monitor Medicine programme has been removed as it is now a standard part of a tactical network.
- Various other tech powers have been removed.
- Many new tech powers have been added.
- Rules for Tech Armour added.
Elkoss Combine Catalogue
- Weapon traits system overhauled and standardised
- Several weaponry stats (heavy pistol, battle rifle, sniper rifles) modified to reflect the changes to armour.
- Combat Rifle and a number of unusual and rare new weapons added.
- Armour rules changed, including Cumbersome and Impeding rules.
- Armour values and shield values increased across the board.
- Several new types of armour added.
- Advanced Systems Interface armour mod removed.
- Many new armour mods added.
- Biotic Amps and Omni-Tools amended with new options.
- Tactical Networks added.
- Biotic Lash rules added.
- Laser Target Painter rules added.
- Omni-Shield rules added.
- Rocket Drone rules added.
- Supply Pylon rules added.
- Placeholder vehicle shield rules added.