New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Light, Shadow, and Legend: A Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke

Hi, all! So, following up on the smashing sucess (koff koff) of my Fire Emblem Let's Play (which is not dead, I just need to get off my lazy butt and get playing again EDIT: Yep it's dead), I am doing a nuzlocke of one of the GBA Pokemon games that has not yet had a full nuzlocke done for it on this site: Pokemon Ruby! Note that this will take place outside of what I call the "Illvenverse", although some themes of the world may come from it. (EDIT: That is to say, when I started this, is was a shameless rip-off, but I've finally begun to break free of that) And without further ado, I give you: Light, Shadow, and Legend!

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Pokemon that faints is rendered dead and may not be used again.
    The first non-repeat Pokemon on any route must be caught.
    All Pokemon must be named (duh).
    Only one of each item may be bought from each store.
    All plot-central battles (gyms, rival, etc) must be met with an equal number of Pokemon as the "boss".

Ch1: Enter Michael:
    Spoiler
    Show

This is my story.

A story of life.

A story of death.

A story of joy.

A story of sorrow.

A story...

...of Pokemon.

My name's Michael.

I'm just like any other teenager in the world of Pokemon.

Well, maybe not...

but that's alright with me.

You know the whole deal about Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all and all that.

Training...

...battling...

...it can get rough sometimes.

But we're a team.

We pull together...

...And we make it count.

And that's why we made it as far as we did.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Let me start from the beginning...

Was I waiting for you?

I've been here. For eighteen years...

Oh my gosh, I'm talking to Professor Birch?

I know what a Pokemon is.

Yes, I know.

*sigh* *This is not going how I thought a chat with Professer Birch would go*

Yes, I think we knew that.

I don't exactly have the chest to be a girl, do I?

I'm Michael.

*sigh* Yes.

Yep, goobye, Sinnoh, hello, Hoenn.

I don't have much of a choice, do I?

And then I woke up with a migrane.

Ohh, my head... Where am I?

Oh, right. The moving van.

Woah! Steady up there!

Wait, we stopped. We there yet?

The van door slid open. I guess so.

I hopped out of the van, and my feet hit the soil of Hoenn for the first time. The air was clear and still, warmed by the sun overhead. Jubilife and its smog could go jump off a bridge. This was where one could live.

Then the door to the house opened, and Mom walked out.

Mom, please stop calling me that.

No, just painful.

Well, I miss the guys back in Jubilife, but this is great.

I've always had my own room.

The floor looks a bit... unfinished.

Not bad.

Mom, are you really going to start barging into my room on the day we move in?

Yeeaaahhhh, don't expect it to stay that way.

You already said that.

What the hell is this? Did I write that? What does that mean?

Let's see if anybody from back home sent me anything.

Arceus dammit.

Well, nothing to do here.

What now?

[i]The whole reason we had moved was because Dad had been offered a gym leader position. The only problem was that we had to move halfway across the country in the process.

Okay, fine. Treat me like a twelve-year-old.

It was a quiet town. A good town. I won't complain about it.

Yep, this is the place.

Maybe just barging in wasn't the best idea...

Then again... Hi, I'm Michael, you new next-door neighbor.

That's what I just said...

And that's the first thing you tell me?

You're starting to sound like you're trying to get her hooked up.

And you never call her by name?

Uhh... hello?

Our eyes met, and sudenly I got an adrenaline rush. She was only a little shorter than me, dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Her brown hair was just short of shoulder-length, and a few bangs hunng in front of her eye. I, uh, I'm Michael, you new neighbor.

Good to, uh, meet you, too.

Uh... define "friend".

You know, this is starting to get akward.

That crooked smile almost knocked me off my feet.

Good save.

See you.

And then she just took off. I had a sudden urge to raid her drawer, but decided against it. I didn't need that kind of trouble on day one.

So I said goodbye to Mrs. Birch, and set out for the professor's lab. Maybe he'd be there.

Yep, that's it. I walked in and asked a man in a white coat about Professor Birch.

Wonderfull.

Guess I'll just go look for him myself.

Sure, leave it to Michael.

[i]I rushed up the path to find a man being chased by a Poochyena. I'd never seen one before, but I knew that they could be nasty suckers when they got mad, and that one looked plenty pissed.

The Poochyena tripped him, and lunged at his face. He caught it by the neck, and desperately held it back as its jaws snapped open and shut inches from his face.

I rushed to the bag, pulled the zipper open, and a trio of Pokeballs fell out...

Characters: (Warning: Contains spoilers to Ch22)

Main Team:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Michael the Human

Alingment: CG

Michael is a teenager, plain and simple. He likes sleeping in, adventure, and free stuff. He dislikes responsibility and jerks. He has a good heart, though, and is willing to go out of his way to help others.

Michael speaks like this.

Azgard the Grovyle

Alingment: CN

Azgard thinks that his name is badass, and that as such, he is entitled to be a badass jerk. His two favorite activities seem to be tormenting Michael and mocking Michael. Evolved upon realizing that Michael stood a chance of beating the Pokemon league.

Azgard speaks like this. You got a problem with that?

Lidda the Linoone

Alignment: CN

Lidda is not a thief, at least that's what she says. In reality, she loves nothing more than filching nuggets and rare candies from people. Also appears to be scared of going into a PokeBall. Evolved so she could find ALL THE THINGS!

Lidda speaks like this

Marvin the Aron

Alingment: Chaotic Depressed

Marvin is a paranoid android who had been stuck on this planet for untold millennia while he waits for the people he has been traveling with to finish their dinner.

Marvin speaks like this, though he doesn't know why he bothers.

Drake the Magikarp

Drake thinks that he is a dragon, and will not waver from this notion, no matter what he is told about how he is not.

Drake speaks like this.

Victoria the Numel

Victoria is the granddaughter of a great war mount, and seeks to live up to that reputation.

Victoria speaks like this.

Theta-One the Skarmory

Theta-One is a reconnisance and surveilence pokemon operating on behalf of an unknown entity scouting out trainers that meet a currently unknown criteria.

Recon Theta-One speaks like this, over.

Reserves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mumbles the Whismur

Mumbles is a Whismur caught by Michael in Rusdurf Tunnel. He is continually grumpy and mutters everything passive-agressively under his breath.

Mumbles decides what to do to people who pester him like this.

William the Beautifly

Alignment: N

William is a lazy stoner. He would love nothing more than to lie back in his PokeBall and eat chips and smoke mushrooms all day. Evolved into a Silcoon to avoid doing anything, and was horrified when evolving into a Beautifly meant that he had to move on his own.

William speaks like this, bro.

Plus the Plusle

Alingment: N

Plus is desperately searching for his friend Minus, and joined Michael to travel with him in search of his friend.

Plus speaks like this.

Lady Il the Illumise

Lady Il is a high-class girl, who sees all people and pokemon as beneath her, and treats them accordingly.

Lady Il speaks like this.

Romeo the Zangoose

Romeo is very displeased with Michael, but will not elaborate why.

Romeo tells you to $%^& off like this.

Mr. Spore the Breloom

Aliugnment LG/CE

Mr. Spore is a kind gentlemanly Shroomish who tends to obsess over etiquette. He is infected with insidious sentient parasites called the spores, which demand that he kill and infect. Upon evolving, the spores took control of his body, forcing his personality into submission.

Mr. Spore speaks like this.
    The...spores...speak...like...this...

Lounge the shiny Spinda

Lounge is a giant limited edition teddy bear, one of only 500 in the world, and loves to tell everyone this fact in her always cherry voice.

Lounge speaks like this!

Losses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jane Locke the Seedot

Alignment: NG

Jane Locke was a philosopher who traveled the world looking to discover the reasons why the world is what it is.

Jane Locke spoke like this.

Jane Locke: Seedot Lv. 4-13 Killed by a Whismur's critical Pound & Uproar

Petey the Pelliper

Alignment: CG

Petey was a retired firefighter who suffered from PTSD, she would freak out whenever somebody mentioned fire. Evolved after Michael reassurred her about how much he cared for the team.

Petey spoke like FIRE BAD! FIRE BAD!

Petey: Wingull-Pelliper Lv. 4-29 Killed by Flannery's Torkal's Overheat

Blackstar the Ninjask

Alingment: LN

Blackstar wad a stealthy ninja assasin who announced all her attacks. Her reason for being in Hoenn was unknown.

Blackstar spoke like this.

So, that's it for Chapter 1! Yay, cliffhangers! Anyway, thread is now open for all to suggest names and personalities of the starter. Or, you can vote to let me run with the idea in my head...
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2013-11-13 at 03:29 AM.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Light, Shadow, and Legend: A Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke

Reserved for future use.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Go with what feels good to you, this is your starter, we can all fight over personalities for the rest.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh yeah just take your time Not like Professor Birch is fighting for his life or anything.

I vote for Mudkip. Because in Ruby is really is the best starter. You get an edge over Team Magma.

You can think of your personality for it. But it's name must be Kippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Oh yeah just take your time Not like Professor Birch is fighting for his life or anything.
    One word: Teenager.

On the starters, Mudkip is the most well-rounded, but has also been done. Torchic has the best attack, but that fails to grab STAB/SATB/whatever bonuses until it evolves (as this is pre-physical/special split, and Water, Grass, and Fire just go under the blanket coverage of Sp. Atk.) Treecko has the best Sp. Atk. and the best Speed, but at the cost of HP and the defensive stats, making it the most offensive of the three.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    One word: Teenager.

On the starters, Mudkip is the most well-rounded, but has also been done. Torchic has the best attack, but that fails to grab STAB/SATB/whatever bonuses until it evolves (as this is pre-physical/special split, and Water, Grass, and Fire just go under the blanket coverage of Sp. Atk.) Treecko has the best Sp. Atk. and the best Speed, but at the cost of HP and the defensive stats, making it the most offensive of the three.
    So you're sleeping while Birch is being attacked

I know it has been done. I was there! But if you don't want to do Mudkip, go Torchic. Name it KFC and obsessed with how it is tasty, and made with secret spices.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

So I will probably get moving later today, but in the meantime, let me state what I'm shooting for. I'm not after a straight comdey, and going more for a drama/comedy hybrid, sometimes referred to as "dramedy".
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-05-13 at 01:17 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, chapter 2! Illven, please note that the name KFC is reserved for a Rattata.

Note: New rule added: For all major battles (rivals, gyms, etc) I must take a number of Pokemon equal to the opponent. The one exception to this will be the Elite Four, which I may take six into, so that I may face the champion with six (assuming no deaths.)

Note 2: I will probably be making a lot of references to Movies, TV, Video Games, Books, Politics and the Illvenverse through this Nuzlocke. I will list the number and type of references before the chapter. Please place answers in spoiler tags so that others may still play.

References
    Spoiler
    Show
    Movies: 2
    Illvenverse: 1

Chapter 2: Unlikely Companions
    Spoiler
    Show

I grabbed the ball closest to me and opened it. There was the usual burst of light, and standing there was a Pokemon I had never seen before. It was short,, green, and had yellow eyes that screamed of a self-image of total badassery. There was a twig in its mouth, and it spoke in a voice that made me wonder if it used gravel for mouthwash.

Who the hell are you? And where’s Birch?

I’m the guy who’s trying to save Birch, who happens to be about to get gutted!

Birch: Heeeeeelllllp!

Alright, I’ll handle this.

It lunged straight at the Poocheyna, blindsiding it and driving its elbow into the wild Pokemon’s flank. It yelped in pain and surprise, then turned back and slammed itself into the little green guy, who held his ground magnificently. Hit him again!

It did so, and I heard a rib breaking. The wild Pokemon was is obvious pain, but attacked again, sinking its teeth into the green one’s arm. This time he cried out. C’mon, finish it!

It brought its other arm up in a brutal punch that slammed into the Poochyena’s lower jaw. There was a vicious-sounding “crack!” and it collapsed.

Alright, good job!

Not like you did anything.

Then Birch got up.

You’re welcome, Professor.

He saved you?

Yes, thank you too, Azgard.

What kind of a name is Azgard?

A badass one.

That’s me.

Alright.

No, sir.

I didn’t really do anything…

Wait, was somebody thinking I didn’t?

R-really? Thank you, Professor!

No, really, you’re making me go with this kid? Birch, he’s gonna get me killed! And I don't need that in my life!

Give him some time, he’ll learn.

Uh, okay, I guess.

This is starting to sound weird again…

Yes, sir.

Arceus knows you’re gonna need it…

One more thing, though. Due to a manufacturing shortage, there is a federal ban on purchasing more than one of each item from any Pokemart.

What?

And the department of Fish and Game has banned the catching of more than one Pokemon on each route, and of more than one of each kind of Pokemon.

WHAT???

I know, it plays hell with my research schedule.

Ah, whatever, guess I got to do this the hard way.

But first, I decided to stop by home and tell Mom the good news.

Mom! Look! Prof. Birch gave me a Pokemon!

That’s a bit less enthusiasm then I was hoping for...

Today, I am a trainer.

Let’s hope it isn’t your last. For my sake.

Yeah, that’s kind of Pokemon 101.

I thought that was “Open the menu with START!”

How did you find out about that?

Remember that nap your mom insisted you take? I wasn’t tired, so I figured I’d get to know my new trainer.

Or just learn things you can torment me with later?

That too.

More basics…

We were almost to Odale when we were ambushed by another Poochyena.

Get it, Azgard!

Waaaay ahead of ya.

We made it to Odale with no further problems. It was a cozy little place. Not quite as small as Littleroot, but just big enough to get the feel of a town, as opposed to a woodland village or something.

That’s nice.

Okay, whatever.

Sweet.

Thanks!

What? Noooooooo!

Huh?

Okay, I guess…

Route 103. Looks a lot like Route 101. Oh well, better find May.

And there she was, writing in a notebook. Once again, I had that rush of adrenaline. Why would it not go away?!

Hey, May.

Yeah, this is Azgard.

Really?

I have a bad feeling about this…

See? That’s why I didn’t want in on this deal!

Here we go…

Alright, Flambert, it’s all you!

Let’s do this, Azgard!

Azgard slammed its opponent upside the head with its tail, but it recovered and came back at him, slashing its claws into his chest. Come on! Keep fighting!

What does it look like I’m doing?

Another trading of blows later, both were beginning to look tired. Azgard was bleeding from the gashes in his chest, and Flambert appeared to be sporting a dislocated wing.

They were both dead tired by now, but Azgard looked like he had just enough juice left for a finishing blow. Come on, Azgard, let's end this!

Azgard smashed his elbow into the poor critter’s beak, and it crumpled in a heap.

Now that was a good workout.

Thanks.

And what am I, chopped liver?

No, you were great.

You sure about that?

I sure ain’t.

And if you keep telling him that, he might start to believe it.

Okay, see you.

I thought you were heading back to the lab?

You were waiting for me? How… thoughtful…

Race ya back!

You’re on!

Of course, she destroyed me…

Dad! A few weeks is not extensive!

I thought fathers were supposed to support their daughters.

Dad!

Okay, okay.

Th-thank you, Professor!

Creepiness again.

Oh, never mind.

It’s alright. I had this terrible feeling that I was blushing.

Say, why does your dad keep calling you ‘my kid’?

No clue.

Gotta catch ‘em all!

Yeeeees, did you miss the part where I told you he gave me a Pokemon?

*facepalm* Seriously, Mom, learn to listen sometimes.

Mom, don’t say that in front of Azgard, he’ll find a way to torment me with that.

Damn right I will.

Thanks, Mom!

Yeah, you can run home to mommy.

Shut. Up.

Yeah, go get ‘em, honey bunny!

ALL OF MY HATE!!!

Characters that speak in this update:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Michael
    Azgard

Pokemon available on routes 101-103: Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Poochyena, Wingull (on Route 103, might want to save that route for a later time), Seedot, Ralts, and Surskit. You may suggest names and personalities at will. I should get bios on the first page tomorrow, or today, if I feel really motivated.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show

Illvenverse reference. All of my hate!

Is it fair if I guess those references

Zigzagoon Artemis (m)/Lidda (f) Hates any implications that Zigzagoons are thieves. Even though it is a thief.

Wurmple William Just wants to chill and eat leaves. Will complain if you get over-bearing or ask it to do anything.

Poochyena (Do you want a cameo from one of Sisus's children?)

Wingull Petey Was on a fire fighting squad. Was fired for trying to kill fire pokemon. Shouts out Fire bad! Fire bad!

Seedot John Locke. Shouts out about the glory of the Nuzlocke.

Ralts Alex (Either gender if female it's short for Alexandria) A total pervert (As much as you feel comfortable writing) Will ship members of the team, and will state that Matthew wants to hook up with May.

Surskit Mister hop. A water bug that continually complains that when away from water.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the reference was pretty obvious...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, moving again. When I get more interest, I will start putting more delays between updates to allow for more voting.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

And here we go again, with chapter 3!

Chapter 2's Refferences:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Movies: The lines "I've got a bad feeling about this" and "Nooooooo!" come from the Star Wars saga. Although I admit that "Nooooooo!" is just about everywhere...

Illvenverse: ALL OF MY HATE!!! (Seriously, if you didn't get this, go read Illven's stuff now.

References:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TV: 1

Chapter 3: Creatures of the Team, Assemble!
    Spoiler
    Show

With nothing but two potions, five Pokeballs, 3300 in cash, and the clothes on my back, I set off on my new adventure. But first I had to get started on the Pokedex. Treecko the jerk Pokemon. Treecko seem to think that they have badass names, and that this entitles them to be absolute pricks.

You haven’t seen me even begin getting prickish.

I shudder at the thought.

It didn’t take long before we were jumped.

Hey, man, you got any leaves on ya?

Uhhh, no.

Aw, that’s a bummer. There’s some leaves over there, but I don’t wanna get up from my cozy spot here.

Ooookay…

What about mushrooms? Mushrooms are good, too.

Yeah, you’re coming with me before some Tailow grabs you for an easy meal.

Easy meals? I like those.

So what’s your name?

William. William D. Wurmple.

Welcome to the team, William. Wurmple the lazy Pokemon. Wurmple seem to hate moving and desire only a life of leisure.

And who are you?

I’m Lidda! Have you seen anything shiny around?

Did you loose something?

No, but somebody else probably did.

So you’re a thief.

NO! I’m a finder! Which makes me a keeper! I’m not a thief!

Then I hope you don’t mind if you come with me.

No!!! Not the ball!!!

Zigzagoon the finder Pokemon. Zigzagoon insist that finding and keeping items is not stealing.

I have a sudden urge to mock you.

Alright, then, bring it!

Azgard was doing something new with his punches. Now the blows seemed to be refreshing him as he fought. Azgard what is that?

It’s an ability I have. I can drain energy from my foes and heal myself with it.

Cool.

What are you talking about? You challenged me!

By the time Lidda defeated the Wurmple, she looked like an oversized cocoon from all the string the Wurmple had sprayed over her.

I am getting stronger, my finding skills will be unmatched!

Ha! My strength grows more by the minute!

That doesn’t mean that this’ll be easy for you.

Lidda curbstomped him.

I warned you.

Keep at it.

Ha! None can match my finding skills!

Who’s your daddy?

I like this! I’m getting stronger just by sitting back and watching!

Thanks for the help.

Hey, Lidda, what’s that?

Nothing! What that? I don’t have anything!

Give it here.

No, please!

*Sigh* Well, if it’s that important to you.

Yay!

Hi, what’s your name?

I’m Jane Locke, philosopher and historian. I travel the world learning how it works, and then try to figure out why it works that way. Then I write papers on it, and become famous. How do you like this; “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Pokemon are created equal, that they are endowed by Arceus with certain inalienable rights--”

Well, we’re traveling, join the team.

Ah, the kindness of strangers. My heart is warmed.

Seedot the philosopher Pokemon. Seedot travel the world seeking to explain how the world works.

Petalburg City, home of dad’s gym. Time to see how well I match up against the master.

I snuck up behind Lidda. Give!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sinnoh, actually.

That sounds about right. He only took a job on the other side of the country over Pokemon.

I saw eagerness in my eyes, mixed with a bit of nervousness and maybe a touch of anxiety. I guess it was the look of a new Pokemon trainer.

Here we go…

Hey, dad.

Yep.

Well, I wasn’t completely on my own. I let out my four Pokemon

That I am.

Then the gym doors opened. The kid who walked in was two or three years younger than me, blond, and his stance and movements reeked of trepidation.

I’m standing right here, aren’t I?

Okay.

Sure, no problem.

Woah! Is that a Ralts? I’ve heard about those, they’re so rare!

Really? Wow!

Good job, kid.

You’re welcome, Wally.

See ya ‘round, Wally!

But what about you?

You need the boost, kid. Be glad he’s not challenging you on sight like everybody else.

Thank you, Captain Supportive.

Deal.

Characters that speak in this chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Michael
    Azgard
    William
    Lidda
    Jane Locke

Comming up, I can catch Wingull, Tailow, Shroomish, Silkoon, Caskoon, Slakoth, Poochyena, Whismur, Nincada, and Skitty. Name and personality suggestions are welcome. C'mon, do you want Illven running the whole show?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Huzzah, a good Nuzlocke run!

Keep 'em coming!

Maybe a Slakoth named Ted(ious) who really wants to be active but constantly procrastinates, or a Shroomish who is entirely and quite actively against drugs (think after school specials and PSAs) but is often high on himself MUSHROOM IS A HELLUVA DRUG.
    Last edited by XiaoTie; 2012-04-06 at 08:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the Shroomish would make a good buddy for William (If you didn't catch, I was going for hippie with him.)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whoah man, that just like blew my mind duuuude.

How about a Tailow that hates all Pidgey, but is an all around nice guy. He is just paranoid about them and just hates them because he thinks they are posers/agents of a higher power or somesuch.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

16. - Top - End - #16

Hey like me running the show would be a bad thing

Cascoon Irvin Wants revenge on you for catching it.

Nincada. Victor Never understands the differences between your culture and Nincada culture, always asks if you want it to shed your skin.

Poochyena (Do you want a cameo from one of Sisus's children?) Or Savage. A rabies infested hound that savages whatever it gets it's jaws around.

Shroomish Fungi. All...glory...to...the...shrooms...

Silcoon Bob Thinks all it's good for is producing silk.

Skitty John/Medea. Looking for it's Wailord mate. Uses mind control on anyone of the opposite gender then satisfies it's sadistic impulses on them.

Tailow Hawky. Likes to make prey suffer as it eats it.

Whimsur Shout. Fought in the bear wars, but is now facing a comfy retirement, until you catch it.

Wingull. Earlier suggestion Petey Was on a fire fighting squad. Was fired for trying to kill fire pokemon. Shouts out Fire bad! Fire bad!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I think that filled my Illvenverse reference quota for the next 15 chapters...

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Well, I think that filled my Illvenverse reference quota for the next 15 chapters...
    And I'll get all the reference points.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Shroomish: Mr. Spore. A gentleman obsessed with proper etiquette such as always planting yourself in shady spots, and only infesting enemies that have not played by the rules (such as dark types.)

Cascoon: Moth Man. Believes he was bitten by a radioactive moth and is being transformed into a super hero.

Silcoon: Silk 942. An escaped silk producer. Doesn't have much sense of identity, only horrible memories it fervently keeps locked up.

Poochyena: Orville. Dreams of flight.

Tailow: Skimmer. Wishes it was a fish.

Skitty: Skitscat. Wants to be a jazz singer. scats half the things it says.

Slakoth: Toes. Counts the number of toes different creatures have.

Nincada: Blackstar. Is a very stealthy ninja... who shouts at all of his opponents before attacking them and has names for all of its attacks (black star combo strike!)

Wismur: Mumbles. Says everything passive aggressively under its breath.

Wingull: Jay Jay. Is convinced it is a jet plane.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-04-06 at 08:46 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Nincada: Blackstar. Is a very stealthy ninja... who shouts at all of his opponents before attacking them and has names for all of its attacks (black star combo strike!)
    SMITE EVIL!!!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lidda's font is kind of hard to read...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

It's better than my original idea...

Spoiler
    Show
    Can you read this? I thought not.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Wingull, Sky, a hydrophobe who gets scared around water. Even worse when it begins spitting it to attack.
    Taillow, Blackhawk, a scout for a secret organization, it ends all of its sentences with "over."
    Shroomish, go with Xondoure's Mr. Spore.
    Slakoth, Boxer, hates the implication that all Slakoth are lazy. Can't wait to be a Vigoroth, and doesn't realize that Slaking is in its future.
    Poochyena, Kaz, a foreigner who got lost migrating, he speaks in an odd tongue, and very scarce English.
    Whismur, go with Xondoure's Mumbles.
    Nincada, go with Xondoure's Blackstar.
    Skitty, Button, the little kid of the team, kind of like a mascot. The others ruin its innocence gradually.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    And when it evolves he gets a polite Shedinja called Tsubaki
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Next chapter played, now to just get it up. That will be tonight or tomorrow.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

And on with the story! Lidda's dialouge color has changed to something more readable, and I managed to merge two ideas into one character! This only covers about half of my last poll, which was intended to carry through Rusdurf Tunnel and Roxanne's Gym, so no new voting for Pokemon. Ah, who am I kidding, voting can continue for those I have not yet caught.

Chapter 3's Reference:

Chapter 4's References:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Comics: 1
    Literature: 1
    Video Games: 1

Chapter 4: Road to Rustboro
    Spoiler
    Show

Next up was Route 104. I was going to do some serious pounding on four gyms, and face my dad.

Okay, and that has what to do with Pokemon?

Never mind, I guess we’ll just fight then…

That would be totally rad if I actually wanted to fight.

Hello? Guess nobody’s home.

Which means I get lots of money when I win?

Because money isn’t everything?

Hi, who are you?

Ahm Peety, veteran firefighter extraordinaire!

Ah, so you put out fires.

FIRE BAD! FIRE BAD!

And maybe a bit of PTSD for flavor… How would you like to join the team?

Oh, that’d be great!

Welcome to the team, Petey. Wingull the firefighter Pokemon. Wingull are veteran firefighters that suffer from PTSD.

Oh, hey, who are you?

I am Mister Spore, dear chap! And might I say, t’s a stunning day isn’t it?

All…glory…to…the…shrooms…

Oh, please forgive me. Sir, I seem to have a slight fever today.

That’s alright. Welcome aboard.

Where did you get that?

Well, I… uh… It’s a funny story actually…

Whoo! Wish I had some chips so I could enjoy this properly!

William, will you grow up?

But I like freeloading!

I’ll prove it!

Ha! Now you’ll have to carry me everywhere!

*sigh*

My stance on this issue will not waver!

Really, Lidda?

It was just sitting there, it was so shiny!

Oh what I wouldn’t give for some chips.

What? No! Don’t let me be not lazy!

Aw, crap.

William, I didn’t know you were a girl.

Shut up! It’s bad enough that he’s going to make me work for a living now!

Wait, maybe there is hope!

Oh, joy.

Thank you for the meal, kind madam.

Her…essence…is…ours…

Thank you, sir. That was most refreshing.

The…shrooms…grow…strong…

And what on earth am I to do with such a beastly move as this?

Spread…the…shrooms…

Why should I do that?

Because…we…control…

What’s that you’re doing with your voice?

Huh? Oh, nothing, sir. I have a cold and it makes my voice sound strange sometimes.

Okay, that’s an obvious lie, but I’m not going to push it right now.

Holy cow, Lidda! What did you do, rob a bank?!

Mine! Mine!

Can we please get back on the road now?

Yeah, I guess so.

Hello?

Please, help me!

You do know that ambushes require patience, right?

Shut up!

He ducked behind me, terrified.

Not getting much of a choice here, am I?

Welcome to life, every time you try to do something your own way, God or Fate or the Great Pumpkin is going to get in your way.

Not helping.

You’re welcome.

I guess I am.

Kid? I’m a legal adult!

Bring it!

I’ll teach you the meaning of fear!

Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Get him!

Petey, you’re up!

On it, chief!

Petey, water gun!

Tackle it!

Let’s end this, water gun again!

Somehow it managed to take the hit and keep standing.

You’re not down yet, show ‘em!

One more, ‘cmon!

Yeah! Good job, Petey! You’re on fire!

FIRE BAD! FIRE BAD!

What was that about the meaning of fear?

If I’m kidding you, then why is your Pokemon half drowned on dry land?

And you just destroyed any chance of my not thinking that you were an idiot.

And divulging your plans. That makes you 0-2.

0-3

What are you talking about, he never stood a chance!

Well, I suppose it could have been a mess if I hadn’t shown up…

Thanks!

See, it’s not stealing!

Lidda, give whatever it is back to the man.

Aww, do I have to?

Yes.

Okay…

Yeah, he did.

Then he rushed past me Well, be seeing ya, then…

What school are you from?

What did I say?

You hated on his school! Hater.

Shut up, Azgard.

Hmm… why do people react to honest questions with violence? I believe I have found something to research.

I suddenly want to cry, this world is so stupid.

I have been doing so for years.

Awww, boo hoo, little boy is sad.

Azgard return.

See, it’s a win-win!

Do you want to go in the ball, too?

If it means I get to stop having to use these blasted wings.

On second thought, I’ll leave you out.

Why? I’m getting tired out here!

Alright, I didn’t need to know that.

Uhh...

Oh, thanks!

Sure.

How kind of her to ask.

I know, as opposed to the shmucks who just march up and say ‘we shall fight!’

I told you Zigzagoon aren’t thieves! Would somebody as nice as her work with a thief?

Princess meets scoundrel is one of the oldest clichés out there.

Hmm, making friends are we?

Azgard? How did you get out?

Never underestimate me. Remember that.

Then make yourself useful at least.

Can I quote you on that?

Lidda, I… I don’t know what to say.

Then say nothing and let me keep it.

*facepalm* Oh, Arceus.

Alright, William, Mr. Spore, show me what you’ve got!

Do I hafta?

Of course, dear sir.

The... shrooms... require... blood...

Alright, one down, one to go!

And that’s the game!

Nope.

Battle me because I’ve never heard of you. Can anybody explain that logic?

I am trying, but I shall need more time to complete my research.

I do feel very good right now.

The… shrooms… rise…

Bleah? Bleah? Are you really giving me a razzberry?

Not worth responding to.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: Rustboro City!

Characters that speak in this chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mathew
    Azgard
    William
    Lidda
    Jane Locke
    Petey
    Mr. Spore (and shrooms)

Also: anybody want to propose a grinding level for Roxanne? She has:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lvl 14 Geodude
    Lvl 15 Nosepass

Alsoalso: Did I get the shroom voice right, Illven?
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-04-17 at 01:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

References.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tv The great pumpkin is from Charlie Brown

The only "mistake" is that the shrooms don't have spaces after the three periods. But your way is more grammatically correct.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

You also don't use different colors, if I recall, but that was done on purpose (DUH DUH DUHHHHH)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter 5. Not much that I can say about it.

Chapter 4's References:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TV/Comics: Great Pum[kin is a Charlie Brown reference (or rather Linus.)
    Literature: Tom Clancy seems to be rather fond of the phrase "God or Fate or the Great Pumpkin".
    Video Games: Road to Rustboro

Chapter 5's References:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Video Games: 1
    Original Nuzlocke: 1

Chapter 5: Fatality
    Spoiler
    Show

The team was not in the best shape ever after the trip through the woods, so I dropped by the Rustboro Pokemon Center

Uh… aside from the part where they’re male and female?

Sweet, free stuff!

Why does that sound emo?

Bull.

Azgard, really?

Free stuff! Gimme!

More loot!

Ah, what the hell.

I thought that was illegal!

For a second I thought he was going to hit me with that.

Alright, Mr. Spore, you hold onto this.

Indubitably, good sir!

Not yet, guys. We need to make sure we can take her without too much trouble.

What did they call themselves? Team Magma? What do they want with Devon?

Huh, wonder what that means…

Whatever.

Wuss.

No! I am seen! I must retreat!

Nah, I think you’re coming with us.

Never! NINJA SHADOW STRIKE!

Derp.

So, anyway, what do I call you?

I am BLACKSTAR, assassin in the darkness!

Okay, Blackstar it is. Nincada the ninja pokemon. Nincada are stealthy assasins that call out their attacks.

Now we’re getting somewhere.

That’s what I’m talking about!

The mysteries are becoming clearer.

I do admit that I feel wonderfull!

The… shrooms… must… have… power…

Hey, who are you?

Heh, he wants to know my name. Whatever good that’ll do him…

Something about that must have ticked William off, as it got him to finally move and almost beat the Whismur to death. William what was that?

I dunno, bro. His tone a voice just pissed me off. I need a shroom.

Can’t help you there. Anyway, if you won’t tell me your name, how about I call you Mumbles?

Meh.

Welcome to the team, then. Whismur the passive-aggressive pokemon. Whismur mutter everything under their breath menacingly.

Ahm back in the groove!

Lidda, really, you need to stop filching stuff.

But I like finding things!

Man, I don’t like this fighting thing.

Too bad. You’re going to pull your weight on this team.

LIDDAAAAAAAAA!

*facepalm*

Lidda, I swear, you’re going to get me arrested.

What? I’m not doing anything wrong!

And if you keep telling yourself that, you might convince the lawmakers as well.

Now ah gaht it!

Thank you for the practice, kind Zigzagoon.

The… Shrooms… are… strong…

Alright, I think we’re done with you for now.

Of course, good sir!

The… shrooms… will… grow…

I’m really starting to get worried about that.

Oh, please don’t sir, it is just a cold.

My finding skills grow greater!

Wonderful.

I can st-find even more if nobody can see!

Hopefully nobody will be able to see well enough to call the cops…

I thought Jane Locke could handle another trading of blows with it… I never suspected that that damn Whismur would pull out TWO critical hits. It was like it had sworn a blood oath against her. Jane Locke! Nooo!

I… I know one thing… Michael…

W-what?

This… this happened… for a reason…

And her eyes closed. AZGARD! KILL THAT BASTARD!

He did just that, smashing the thing’s skull into what resembled a sack of rocks.

I sprinted back to the Pokemon Center, cradling Jane Locke’s limp form.

Please, you’ve got to help my Seedot!

I’m sorry, sir, there’s nothing we can do for her.

Bull, do something!

Sir, I’m sorry. She’s dead.

I'm sorry... I-I’m so sorry… I shouldn’t have kept you out.

Guys… I don’t know what to do. Where do we go from here?

We honor her memory, sir.

We… infest… the… body…

I say we relax and smoke some shrooms.

No! We keep going!

Yeah! Let’s git out thar and show the world why she joined us!

Azgard? He paused.

…What can I say? I can tear you apart over this. Hell, I could probably drive you to suicide. But what good would that do? No, just this once, I’m going to encourage you. We lost a friend today, but we have our memories of her. She said this happened for a reason. Don’t waste her death by running home to momma crying. Keep moving forward, kid.

So, that leaves us with the unfortunate issue of finding a replacement for Jane Locke. Please suggest whichever new recruit you want on the team.

So, now that I've lost my first Pokemon, I find that writing a eulogy for them requires no writing "in character", it all flows straight from the writer's heart. I have now felt the pain that has been felt by countless other Nuzlocke players. Because, however silly it may seem, we bind with these little bits of electronic data, and we feel sorrow at their demise. If you will excuse me, I need to cry myself to sleep now.

30. - Top - End - #30

Spoiler
    Show

Nuzlocke = Everything happens for a reason.

Go with Nincada. You can get two pokemon from it.

Jane Locke don't worry. Your death was not in vain.