The Poziar Paragon
"Fire is just a tool. It may save a traveler's life, or burn down an orphanage. How could you blame me, then, if I did either?"
-'Blazer,' a Poziar Paragon
The Poziar Paragon is the incarnation of flame and pure brute strength, both of which are put to ample use on the battlefield.
Adventures: A Poziar Paragon adventures simply because he neither knows nor cares how to do anything else.
Characteristics: The Poziar Paragon is a deadly and incendiary front-line combatant.
Alignment: Almost universally chaotic.
Religion: Like Poziar, Poziar Paragons revere flame as their creator, but only rarely acknowledge true deities.
Background: Poziar Paragons are those Poziar who decide to focus and master the flame which gives them life, rather than studying the techniques of others.
Other Classes: Like normal Poziar, Poziar paragons are generally disliked, but nonetheless respected for their incredible strength.
Role: The Poziar paragon is primarily intended to fill the same role as a barbarian- wade in, chop enemies to pieces, burn them to ashes, and wade out.
GAME RULE INFORMATION
Poziar Paragons have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Strength is vital for the Poziar Paragon, who will likely be spending most of his time bashing away at enemies. Dexterity is a vital asset to the Poziar Paragon who is attached to his spleen, or otherwise does not wish to be hit.
Alignment: Any Non-Lawful
Hit Die: d12
Starting Age: As fighter.
Starting Gold: As fighter.
The Poziar paragon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier
Fire Resistance 20 (Ex)
|1 || +1 || +2 || +0 || +2 || Fire Resistance 20, Blaze Within|
|2 || +2 || +3 || +0 || +3 || Conflagration |
|3 || +3 || +3 || +1 || +3 || Inferno, Ability Boost (Str)|
- This replaces Poziar's normal Fire Resistance 10.
Blaze Within (Ex)
- The fire which fuels the Poziar begins to shine into the outside world. The Poziar sheds light as a torch. This ability may be deactivated as a free action, and reactivated as a move action.
- The inner fire of the Poziar spills over his body. The Poziar is unaffected by cold weather, and may share this benefit with anybody physically close to him, if he desires. Furthermore, any creature grappling the Poziar automatically takes 2d6 fire damage at the beginning of its turn.
- The fire within the Poziar is unrivaled in strength and intensity, and ceases to be affected by other, lesser flames. The Poziar becomes immune to all fire damage. In addition, the light provided by Blaze Within doubles, and the damage from Conflagration bypasses fire resistance (but not immunity).
Ability Boost (Str)
- The Poziar gains a permanent +2 strength.