New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Son of Man, I'll make a man out of you! [3.5 base class, PEACH]

Introduction

The class you see before you and below this introduction is the Son of Man, my entry for the 12th installment of the Base Class Challenge. The original entry can be found here and you can vote for it and other entries here.

Please note that the class below will be different from the original entry as I overshot the balance a little. The original entry is High Tier 3, bordering on Tier 2 depending on the domains and power of the soul-linked ally. I intend to lower its power a bit and increase the amount of trickles available. I hope you enjoy'll it!

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    July 3rd, 2012, 15:59: starting with the original base of the Son of Man.
    July 4th, 2012, 0:07: Changed spell progression from 1-9 to 1-7.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-07-03 at 05:08 PM.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Son of Man, I'll make a man out of you! [3.5 base class, PEACH]

Son of Man

Art by Lujji

“Look to the sky! Lift your spirit, set it free! Someday, you will walk tall with pride. Son of Man, a man in time you’ll be.” ~ Cole Philkins, Epic Bard

Adventures: The world is at your feet! A son of Man looks to the sky and feels a fire burning within, one that burns with the desire to explore, break beyond the heavens and fly over the horizon. Travel and meeting new people is one of the things that can drive a son of Man, ensuring that races are treated equally.

Characteristics: GENOCIDE. Or, y’know, the usual partying and such. Sons of Man are flexible in their spellcasting, quick to act and are strong bonds to hold a group together. They are leaders, they are friends and they are lovers. If you dare call yourself an enemy of one, you will be befriended, which occasionally can be lethal.

Alignment: Sons of Man are more often chaotic than lawful, while being evenly spread across good and evil. Curiously enough, the evil ones sometimes seem to act in ways that might seem good where the treatment of other races is concerned.

Religion: Sons of Man tend to not follow racial deities, curiously enough. This is most likely because they feel like they are more a part of more than one race, which distances them from those deities, especially ones that treasure racial purity such as Zarus.

Background: Humans have a diverse racial history. Deep within the heart of their ancestry lie lines traced to many other races or creatures of greater inherent power. A son of Man is someone who can tap into that distant powerful ancestry, whether it is because they are human themselves or because they have a close human ancestor, usually no more distant than a grandparent.

Races: Any race that can interbreed with humans can potentially become a son of Man. This includes all humanoids (minus those with the reptilian subtype), all dragons, all outsiders, all elementals, all fey, all giants, minotaurs and doppelgangers.

Other Classes: Most classes have a rather neutral view of sons of Man, their race influencing their opinion of members of this class much more. Dwarves and goblins especially don’t seem to like them for their mixing with humans, whether it is because they find mixing itself a bad thing or humans in particular, while orcs think their powers are pretty cool, in a similar way to totem animals granting powers, though not on the same level, as other races obviously aren’t revered as the spirits are.

Role: Sons of Man are leaders, up-front fighters and utility casters.

Adaptation: If there is humans in a campaign setting, sons of Man aren’t that far away as a possibility.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
    Sons of Man have the following game statistics.
    Abilities: Charisma should be your numero uno concern for your spells and social skills. After this, Intelligence is also an ability score you won’t want to have low, as it determines some of your melee capacities. Constitution is always important to everyone, everywhere, ever.
    Alignment: Any.
    Hit Die: d8.
    Starting Age: Simple.
    Starting Gold: 6d4 x 10 (150 gp).

Class Skills
    The son of Man’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Knowledge (arcane, geography, history, local, nature, religion, the planes) (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Speak Language (None) and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Son of Man
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+0|+2|+2|+2|Fist of Man, Man’s versatility, Social Link (tactical defense), X The Y
    2nd|+1|+3|+3|+3|Face of Many Races, Trickle
    3rd|+2|+3|+3|+3|Keep Up The Pace (+10 ft/+1)
    4th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Social Link (distracted defenses)
    5th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Spell Charge
    6th|+4|+5|+5|+5|Keep Up The Pace (+20 ft/+2)
    7th|+5|+5|+5|+5|Social Link (tactical movement)
    8th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|Double Trickle
    9th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|Keep Up The Pace (+30 ft/+3), Searing Spell Charge
    10th|+7/+2|+7|+7|+7|Social Link (improved distracted defenses)
    11th|+8/+3|+7|+7|+7|Improved Trickle, Spell Refreshment (1st-3rd)
    12th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+8|Keep Up The Pace (+40 ft/+4)
    13th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+8|Social Link (tactical teleportation), Trickle Fusion
    14th|+10/+5|+9|+9|+9|Spell Pounce
    15th|+11/+6/+1|+9|+9|+9|Keep Up The Pace (+50 ft/+5)
    16th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+10|Social Link (greater distracted defenses)
    17th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+10|Spell Refreshment (1st-6th)
    18th|+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+11|Keep Up The Pace (+60 ft/+6)
    19th|+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+11|Social Link (shared glory), Triple Trickle
    20th|+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+12|Greater Trickle, Loved by Life[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies
    A son of Man is proficient with all simple weapons, light armor and shields (but not tower shields).

Spellcasting
    “You ain’t never had a friend like me!”
    A son of Man casts divine spells, which are drawn from the son of Man spell list. When you gain access to a new level of spells, you automatically know all the spells of that level on the son of Man’s spell list. You can cast any spell you know without preparing it ahead of time. Essentially, your spell list is the same as your list of spells known.

To cast a son of Man spell, you must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell’s level (Cha 10 for 0-level spells, Cha 11 for 1st-level spells, and so forth). The DC for a saving throw against a son of Man’s spell is 10 + the spell’s level + the son of Man’s Cha modifier. Like other spellcasters, a son of Man can cast only a certain number of spells of each level per day. The base daily spell allotment is given on the table below. In addition, you receive bonus spells for a high Charisma score.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spells per day
    {table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
    1st | 5 | 3 | - | - | - | - | - | -
    2nd | 6 | 4 | - | - | - | - | - | -
    3rd | 6 | 5 | 3 | - | - | - | - | -
    4th | 6 | 6 | 4 | - | - | - | - | -
    5th | 6 | 6 | 5 | - | - | - | - | -
    6th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 3 | - | - | - | -
    7th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | - | - | - | -
    8th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | - | - | - | -
    9th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 3 | - | - | -
    10th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | - | - | -
    11th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | - | - | -
    12th | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 3 | - | -
    13th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | - | -
    14th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | - | -
    15th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 3 | -
    16th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | -
    17th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | -
    18th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 3
    19th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4
    20th | ∞ | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5
    [/table]

Fist of Man
    “...”
    At level 1 a son of Man gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Superior Unarmed Strike as bonus feats.

Man’s Versatility
    “Let’s get down to business.”
    At level 1 you may pick two skills that aren’t class skills for the son of Man. These skills become class skills for you for your son of Man levels. Once chosen, these cannot be changed.

Social Link
    “I’ll make a man out of you!”
    You can forge a special bond with an ally, of brotherhood, of sisterhood, of strength and honour and the promise of watching each other’s backs. You can forge this bond, this social link, with only one creature at a time and they must have an Int score of at least 3 and they must be able to understand you. Forging the social link takes 10 minutes, after which it lasts until you recreate it with a different creature, though you must wait at least 24 hours to do so after forging a social link. While the social link is active, you can choose one of the following benefits, appropriate for your class level (as shown on the table), which you may change as a swift action on your turn.

Tactical Defense (Ex)
    “If you want to have a go, I just want to let you know: get off of my back and into my game!”
    While you and the ally you forged a social link with are within 30 ft of each other, you gain your Intelligence modifier to AC and your ally gains half the bonus. If your ally is adjacent to you, he gains the full bonus. If you are wearing any armor heavier than light, the maximum bonus you can get from this ability is +1. If your ally is wearing any armor heavier than light, he cannot gain the bonus.

Distracted Defenses (Ex)
    “Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?”
    A 4th-level son of Man can use this ability. Whenever you and an ally flank a creature, DCs of any abilities used by you or your ally increase by 2 against that creature. This includes spells, powers, maneuvers, supernatural abilities and so on. Furthermore, any attacks made against the flanked creature deals an additional 1d6 damage.
    At level 10 this bonus to DCs increases to 4 and the bonus damage increases to 3d6. At level 16 it increases to 6 and the bonus damage increases to 5d6.

Tactical Movement (Ex)
    “With the sun beating down I am on my way and I can’t beat the smile off my face!”
    A 7th-level son of Man can use this ability. Whenever you use two move actions during your turn, your soul linked ally may use a single move action as well. Whenever your soul linked ally uses two move actions during his turn, you may use a single move action as well.

Tactical Teleportation (Su)
    “I will find my way. I can go the distance.”
    A 13th-level son of Man can use this ability. Once per day per point of your Intelligence bonus (minimum 1) you may use dimension door as a supernatural ability to appear next to your soul linked ally if he is in range or come as close as possible if he isn’t. As a swift action you may grant your soul linked ally this ability for one round. Caster level equals your son of Man caster level.

Shared Glory (Ex)
    “I see the path from this dark place, I see my future. Your forgiveness has set me free and I can see another way, I can fight another day!”
    A 19th-level son of Man can use this ability. To activate this ability, your soul linked ally must be willing and within 30 ft of you. While this ability is active, your hit point totals are added up and become a shared pool of hit points. Any single attack, spell or effect against either of you cannot deal more than 50 points of damage. Spells or effects that deal damage over time cannot deal more than 50 points of damage each time it deals damage. Attacks, spells or effects that would deal damage to you and your ally at the same time cannot deal more than 50 points of damage in total. You also both become immune to any damage that isn’t intentionally and willfully inflicted upon either of you, including falling damage, environmental damage and ability damage inflicted by disease (but not poison). You also both gain your full Int bonus to AC regardless of what armor either of you are wearing and both gain a resistance bonus to saves equal to your Int bonus. After activating this ability it remains in effect for 10 rounds, after which it cannot be used again until you have rested for 8 hours.

X The Y (Ex)
    “And once you're watching every move that I make, you got to believe that I got what it takes! To stand out!”
    A son of Man may make a Perform check in place of a Bluff, Diplomacy or Gather Information check. He may not use Perform (weapon drill) for this. He may make a Perform (weapon drill) check in place of an Intimidate check. However, if he does this, the amount of time required for the check is doubled.

Face of Many Races (Ex)
    “When will my reflection show who I am inside?”
    A son of Man of 2nd level or higher gains half his class level (rounded up) as a bonus to Disguise checks.

Trickle (Su)
    “I will find my way, I can go the distance.”
    A son of Man has the power to call upon through links of ancient ancestries through the trickling of blood of distantly related races through his own. At the start of each day he can concentrate on this inner power for 5 minutes as he slowly traces a performance of those ancestors whose powers he calls upon. At first a son of Man can only have one trickle active, which remains active for 24 hours, but he can gain the ability to use more of them and access their stronger abilities at higher levels.

Keep Up The Pace (Ex)
    “Gotta go faster, keep up the pace, just to stay in the human race!”
    At third level and every three levels afterwards the son of Man’s base land speed increases by 10 ft and he gains a +1 increase to his initiative modifier. These increases are untyped bonuses and stack with themselves.

Spell Charge (Ex)
    “…”
    As a full-round action a son of Man of 5th level or higher may move up to twice his base land speed and cast a spell with a casting time of a standard action or less at the end of this movement. If he expends a second spell slot of a level equal to the spell’s level minus 1 or higher as a free action (known as the sacrificial spell), the spell’s area is doubled, its DC is increased by 2, you get a +2 bonus on attack rolls with it and a +2 bonus on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance and it deals 2 points of extra damage per damage die.

Double Trickle
    “I’ll be there someday, if I can be strong.”
    At 8th level a son of Man becomes able to have two trickles active at once.

Searing Spell Charge (Su):
    “In the man behold the child on the trail we blaze!”
    Whenever a son of Man of 9th level or higher uses spell charge, he deals 1d6 points of damage per level of the sacrificial spell to anyone attempting to attack him with an attack of opportunity, whether they hit him or not. Furthermore, spells cast at the end of a spell charge ignore energy resistances and still deal half damage to creatures with immunity to the energy type of the spell cast.

Spell Refreshment (Ex)
    “…”
    When a son of Man reaches 11th level he gains the ability to refresh his spells once per day. With a 15-minute performance he can sacrifice a single spell slot of level 4 or higher and regain an equivalent number of spell levels in spell slots of level 3 and lower, arranged as he wishes. However, he cannot refresh an amount of spells that would put any of his spell levels per day over his maximum per day amount.

At 17th level the son of Man becomes able to also refresh spell slots of up to level 6 by sacrificing a single spell slot of level 7 or higher.

Trickle Fusion
    “Two worlds, one family.”
    A son of Man of 13th level or higher learns how to merge the trickling bloodlines of distant ancestries and fuse their power together. The son of Man now gains the Trickle Fusion abilities of the combinations of trickles he has active.

Spell Pounce (Ex)
    “Nants ingonyama bagithi baba!”
    A son of Man of 14th level or higher can cast two spells at the end of a spell charge, though he needs to sacrifice an extra spell for both of them to grant them the benefits of spell charge. If he sacrifices two spells in this manner, his searing spell charge damage becomes 1d8 points of damage per level of the highest level sacrificial spell.

Triple Trickle
    “I know every mile will be worth my while. I can go most anywhere to feel like I belong.”
    At 19th level a son of Man becomes able to have three trickles active at once.

Loved by Life (Ex)
    “It’s the Circle of Life!”
    At level 20, a son of Man reaches the peak. As an immediate action he can expend a spell slot to heal 20 times the spell’s level in hit points, simultaneously curing himself off all ability damage and ability drain and any negative spell effects and conditions affecting him. He cannot use a 0-level spell for this purpose.

Spell list
    Spoiler
    Show
    0:
    Sons of Man have all 0-level spells on their spell list.

1:
    Alarm, charm person, detect secret doors, detect undead, disguise self, endure elements, enlarge person, expeditious retreat, mage armor, magic missile, reduce person, shield, true strike

2:
    Alter self, arcane lock, bear’s endurance, blur, bull’s strength, cat’s grace, darkvision, detect thoughts, eagle’s splendor, fox’s cunning, knock, mirror image, owl’s wisdom, shatter

3:
    Arcane sight, blink, dispel magic, displacement, fireball, fly, haste, hold person, lightning bolt, slow, tongues, water breathing, zone of truth

4:
    Detect scrying, enlarge person (mass), flame strike, globe of invulnerability (lesser), reduce person (mass)

5:
    Cone of cold, dimension door, dominate person, guards and wards, hold monster, overland flight, telepathic bond

6:
    Bear’s endurance (mass), bull’s strength (mass), cat’s grace (mass), dispel magic (greater), eagle’s splendor (mass), fox’s cunning (mass), globe of invulnerability, owl’s wisdom (mass), teleport, true seeing

7:
    Hold person (mass), plane shift, spell turning, teleport (greater), teleport object

8:
    Charm monster (mass), discern location, mind blank

9:
    Dominate monster, gate*, hold monster (mass), storm of vengeance, time stop

*travel only

Trickles
    Trickles come in two kinds: ethnic trickles and ancient trickles. Ethnic trickles encompass bloodlines that are less powerful and often mean that that ancestor is nearer in the family tree than others, while an ancient trickle is a bloodline that can lie dormant for dozens, hundreds or even thousands of generations before manifesting its power in a son of Man. An ancient trickle takes up two trickle ‘slots’, which means they aren’t available until level 8 and even then don’t allow you to have a second trickle active alongside it until level 19.

Other trickles than these are possible, these are merely the most common ones, by far.

Ethnic Trickles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drow
    While the elf trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, a +2 bonus to Listen and Spot checks and access to the spells of the Drow domain (Spell Compendium).
    Drow bonus: If the son of Man himself is a drow, the bonuses to his Dexterity score and Listen and Spot checks increase by 2.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Drow domain and the bonuses to his Dexterity score and Listen and Spot checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man may reroll any Hide and Move Silently checks he makes, though he must abide by the second result. The bonuses to his Dexterity score and Listen and Spot checks increase to +6.

Dwarf
    While the dwarf trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Constitution, a +2 bonus to all Appraise and Craft checks and access to the spells of the Dwarf domain (Spell Compendium).
    Dwarf bonus: If the son of Man himself is a dwarf, the bonuses to his Constitution score and Appraise and Craft checks increase by 2.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Dwarf domain and the bonuses to his Constitution score and Appraise and Craft checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man gains Steadfast Determination as a bonus feat (PHB II) and the bonuses to his Constitution score and Appraise and Craft checks increase to +6.

Elf
    While the elf trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Intelligence, a +2 bonus to Listen and Spot checks and access to the spells of the Elf domain (Spell Compendium). He also gains low-light vision.
    Elf bonus: If the son of Man himself is an elf, the bonuses to his Intelligence score and Listen and Spot checks increase by 2. His low-light vision also improves by one step.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Elf domain and the bonuses to his Intelligence score and Listen and Spot checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man takes only half the penalty for distances on Spot checks and attack rolls with range weapons for range increments beyond the first. The bonuses to his Intelligence score and Listen and Spot checks increase to +6.

Giant
    While the giant trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Intimidate and Jump checks and access to the spells of the Strength domain.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the Powerful Build ability and the bonuses to his Strength score, Intimidate and Jump checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man increases in size by one step, gaining a +2 size bonus to Strength and a -2 size penalty to Dexterity, as well as increasing the bonuses to his Strength score, Intimidate and Jump checks increase to +6. He loses the Powerful Build ability he acquired with the giant trickle’s improved trickle.

Gnome
    While the gnome trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Charisma, a +2 bonus to Craft (alchemy) and Listen checks and access to the spells of the Gnome domain (Spell Compendium). He also gains low-light vision.
    Gnome bonus: If the son of Man himself is a gnome, the bonuses to his Charisma score, Craft (alchemy) and Listen checks improve by 2. His low-light vision also improves by one step.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Gnome domain and the bonuses to his Charisma score, Craft (alchemy) and Listen checks improve to +4. He also gains the Sleight Build ability.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man decreases in size by one step, gaining a -2 size penalty to Strength and a +2 size bonus to Dexterity, as well as increasing the bonuses to his Dexterity score, Hide and Move Silently checks improve to +6. He loses the Sleight Build ability he acquired with the gnome trickle’s improved trickle.

Halfling
    While the dwarf trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, a +2 bonus to all Climb, Jump and Move Silently checks and access to the spells of the Halfling domain (Spell Compendium).
    Halfling bonus: If the son of Man himself is a halfling, the bonuses to his Dexterity score, Climb, Jump and Move Silently checks improve by 2.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Halfling domain and the bonuses to his Dexterity score, Climb, Jump and Move Silently checks improve to +4. He also gains the Sleight Build ability.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man decreases in size by one step, gaining a -2 size penalty to Strength and a +2 size bonus to Dexterity, as well as increasing the bonuses to his Dexterity score, Climb, Jump and Move Silently checks improve to +6. He loses the Sleight Build ability he acquired with the halfling trickle’s improved trickle.

Orc
    While the orc trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Intimidate and Perform (weapon drill) checks and access to the spells of the Orc domain (Spell Compendium).
    Orc bonus: If the son of Man himself is an orc, the bonuses to his Strength score and Intimidate and Perform (weapon drill) checks increase by 2.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man gains the granted power of the Orc domain and the bonuses to his Strength score and Intimidate and Perform (weapon drill) checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The bonuses to his Strength score and Intimidate and Perform (weapon drill) checks increase to +6. The son of Man also gains the ability to rage like a barbarian of his level 1/day.

Ancient Trickles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Angel
    The son of Man gains access to the spells of the Good and Sun domains, as well as their domain powers. In place of the Sun domain’s normal domain power the son of Man instead gains the ability to turn undead 3 + Cha mod times per day. Furthermore, he can use the light spell as a spell-like ability at will and becomes immune to diseases.
    Greater trickle: Once per day for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the son of Man’s modified Cha mod he can become a terrible celestial angel of vengeance. He gains a +4 bonus to Strength, Constitution, Wisdom and Charisma and any natural weapons or weapons he wields gain the Holy property. Furthermore, he gains a pair of angel wings that allow him to fly at a speed double his base land speed with good maneuverability.

Demon
    The son of Man gains access to the spells of the Chaos and Evil domains, as well as their domain powers. Furthermore, he can use the shocking grasp spell at will and gains resistance to electricity 10.
    Greater trickle: You gain immunity to electricity and the frightful presence ability.

Devil
    The son of Man gains access to the spells of the Evil and Law domains, as well as their domain powers. Furthermore, he can use the darkness spell as a spell-like ability at will, becomes immune to poison and gains resistance to fire 10. He can see through any magical darkness he creates himself.
    Greater trickle: You gain a pair of claw attacks that inflict the target with a terrible poison. If one of your claw attacks hit, the target creature must make a Fort save or take 1d6 Con damage and again one minute later.

Dragon
    The son of Man gains a breath weapon that he can modify at will, using it as either a 60 ft line or a 30 ft cone, dealing 1d6 points of damage per two son of Man levels in his choice of acid, cold, electricity or fire damage (chosen at the time of using the breath weapon). He may use this breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds. Furthermore, he gains a +5 bonus to his natural armor and immunity to sleep effects.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man becomes immune to fear and the breath weapons of others. He gains immunity to the energy type he last used for his breath weapon, until he uses his breath weapon again. Furthermore, he gains a pair of dragon wings that allow him to fly at a speed equal to his base land speed with average maneuverability.

Elemental
    You gain a +4 bonus on saves against poison, sleep effects, paralysis and stunning. You gain further abilities based on the element you choose upon picking this trickle as one of your active ones.
    Air: You gain the Air subtype, as well as a fly speed equal to your base land speed with perfect maneuverability.
    Earth: You gain the Earth subtype, as well as a burrow speed of 20 ft and resistance to acid 10.
    Fire: You gain the Fire subtype, as well as a +10 ft bonus to your base land speed and a +10 bonus on Jump checks.
    Water: You gain the Water subtype, as well as a swim speed equal to your base land speed and a +8 bonus on Swim checks and the ability to breathe water.
    Greater trickle: You gain immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis and stunning. You gain further abilities based on the element you choose upon picking this trickle as one of your active ones.
    Air: Your fly speed becomes double your base land speed and you gain resistance to electricity 10.
    Earth: You gain immunity to acid. All your weapon attacks deal damage as if they were three size categories larger.
    Fire: You lose your weakness to cold. Your bonus on Jump checks increases to +30 and all your natural attacks deal an additional 2d6 fire damage.
    Water: You gain a +8 bonus on Escape Artist checks and resistance to cold 10.

Trickle Fusions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trickle fusions are only possible between two ethnic trickles, though if a son of Man has three ethnic trickles active he can have the fusion abilities of all combinations between them. A son of Man may choose not to fuse some or all of his active trickles. While a son of Man has trickle fusions active, he may not benefit from special racial bonuses from any of the ethnic trickles (such as the extra +2 increase to an ability score and some skills).

Not all combinations of ethnic trickles are possible for trickle fusion. Such combinations are simply completely unheard of in nature and not even the son of Man can merge the powers in the blood of these ancestries.

Drow-Dwarf
    You gain the Uncanny Dodge ability.

Drow-Elf
    You gain the Evasion ability.

Drow-Giant
    You may use invisibility as a spell-like ability 1/day.

Drow-Gnome
    You gain a +1 increase in caster level to all your spells.

Drow-Halfling
    You may substitute your Dexterity modifier for your Strength modifier for melee attack and damage rolls.

Drow-Orc
    The range of your darkvision becomes unlimited.

Dwarf-Elf
    All your attacks deal an additional 2d6 damage against orcs.

Dwarf-Giant
    You gain the Mettle ability.

Dwarf-Gnome
    You don’t have to separately make Craft checks for the masterwork components of items. Any items you create are automatically masterwork as long as you keep this trickle fusion active on all the days you work on them.

Dwarf-Halfling
    If you give or buy someone an alcoholic beverage, you may make a fast (1-round) Diplomacy check without taking a penalty on it.

Dwarf-Orc
    All your attacks deal an additional 2d6 damage against elves.

Elf-Giant
    You add your Intelligence modifier to all your Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks

Elf-Gnome
    You gain a +1 increase in caster level to all your spells.

Elf-Halfling
    You add your Intelligence modifier to all your Dexterity checks and Dexterity-based skill checks.

Elf-Orc
    All your attacks deal an additional 2d6 damage against dwarves.

Giant-Orc
    You gain an additional +2 bonus to Strength, on top of those already gained from the giant trickle and the orc trickle.

Gnome-Halfling
    You gain the Slippery Mind ability.

Gnome-Orc
    You gain a +1 bonus to your caster level when casting divination spells.

Halfling-Orc
    All your Strength-based skills become Dexterity-based instead.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-07-03 at 05:07 PM.
    YouTube channel:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Reserved, just in case.
    YouTube channel:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I'm really pleased to see you taking this class on further. I will try to give you a proper write up later, but I think you have a solid start to work from.

Anyway, cracking stuff and I look forward to seeing how it evolves.
    Last edited by kanachi; 2012-07-03 at 09:11 AM.
    OMFGWTF!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I changed the spell progression. I am currently thinking about what other races to make Ethnic Trickles for. Goblins sound like a solid addition, but what would their bonuses be? Increasing Dex and Ride and Move Silently and... improved movement speed or something?

There isn't a Goblin Domain either, so I'd need to figure out a fitting domain for them. In fact, any races other than the ones I already got up here don't have specific cleric domains for them, so I'm kinda stumped for most as to what domains to use for them, if they'd get a trickle at all.
    YouTube channel:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I would like to see Ethnic Trickles for:

Ogres: There are half-ogres after all, so it makes sense.

Xeph: I like psionics and these guys seem likely to have mixed with humans, I assume they are biologically combatable.

Synads: Psionic once again and its implied that they mix with humans a lot and it seems likely that they are biologically combatable from what i remember.
    OMFGWTF!!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

one problem i see is with your Infinite supply of 0-level spells, cause spamming cure minor wounds should not be possible for anyone, so i would either put a limit on his casting of 0-level spells, or take some spells out of his spell list

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kanachi View Post
    I would like to see Ethnic Trickles for:

Ogres: There are half-ogres after all, so it makes sense.

Xeph: I like psionics and these guys seem likely to have mixed with humans, I assume they are biologically combatable.

Synads: Psionic once again and its implied that they mix with humans a lot and it seems likely that they are biologically combatable from what i remember.
    Funnily enough, I remember the psionic races other than Dromites, Half-Giants and Elans not being all that interesting. I'll take a look though. Ogres are certainly a good idea. I had originally thought of adding them and Trolls as well, but in the end just kept it to only Giants for now due to time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    one problem i see is with your Infinite supply of 0-level spells, cause spamming cure minor wounds should not be possible for anyone, so i would either put a limit on his casting of 0-level spells, or take some spells out of his spell list
    If by level 13 you're having trouble healing, you probably might want to consider changing tactics. Healing out of combat is incredibly easy from level 2 onwards, level 1 if you're a Dread Necromancer, who can do it at will. Really, 0-level spells are really weak. In fact, in Pathfinder you get at-will casting of 0-level spells from the get-go for all classes and Pathfinder has less high-Tier classes than 3.5!
    YouTube channel:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Funnily enough, I remember the psionic races other than Dromites, Half-Giants and Elans not being all that interesting. I'll take a look though. Ogres are certainly a good idea. I had originally thought of adding them and Trolls as well, but in the end just kept it to only Giants for now due to time constraints.
    I agree that Xephs and Synads are not the most "stand out" races ever (though I've played as both) but they are written in a way which makes it seem likely that they have had relationships with humans, especially Synads and its likely that they have mated as a result. I cant see humans and Dromites getting it on and Elans are symbiotic and thus I didn't feel as though they really fitted.

Psionic humans exist and thus could come from one blood line or another... this of course depends on if you believe psionic ability is something a person is born with or learns (I tend towards a bit of both).

Anyway, hope that helps.
    OMFGWTF!!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kanachi View Post
    I agree that Xephs and Synads are not the most "stand out" races ever (though I've played as both) but they are written in a way which makes it seem likely that they have had relationships with humans, especially Synads and its likely that they have mated as a result. I cant see humans and Dromites getting it on and Elans are symbiotic and thus I didn't feel as though they really fitted.
    Oh, I didn't mean to say I intended making trickles for Dromites or Elans, just that they are more interesting races than Synads and Xephs, generally speaking at least. I agree that if they tried to couple with a human they either simply couldn't (Dromite) or would produce a normal human (Elan).

Hmmm... since these are psionic races, I could either do them with granting access to powers-as-spells, a bunch of psi-like abilities, or only make them accessible as part of an ACF. I had intended to create a martial adept variant of the son of Man, so I could try see if I could create a psionic variant as well, both as ACFs.

Such things to think about.
    YouTube channel:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Hmmm... since these are psionic races, I could either do them with granting access to powers-as-spells, a bunch of psi-like abilities, or only make them accessible as part of an ACF. I had intended to create a martial adept variant of the son of Man, so I could try see if I could create a psionic variant as well, both as ACFs.

Such things to think about.
    A psionic variant to the class would be a nice touch.

Anyway, moving back to the class as a whole... My problems with the class have never been mechanical, merely thematic.

To be honest, I'm starting to think of this class as more of a gene splicer, like out of bioshock. You could adapt your system to fit this theme and then have all kinds of unusual mash ups (beyond simply human ones).

I would find a theme like that a lot stronger than a humanoid drawing on an ancestral heritage, which feels quite vague and leans a little more towards shamanism - but then that's not really the flavor I'm getting from the class, which is why I feel the disconnect from it thematically. If that makes sense?

The above is not supposed to put down your work in any way and is probably a demonstration of my lake of similar wave length or imagination than any flaw in the classes theme itself. Also as theme quibbles aside its a wonderful build.
    OMFGWTF!!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

New trickle ideas, Beta version.

Ogre/Ogre Mage
    While the ogre trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Concentration and Intimidate checks and access to the following spells:
    1st: sleep.
    2nd: darkness, invisibility.
    3rd: gaseous form.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man can use the darkness and invisibility spells as spell-like abilities at will, gains fast healing 3, and the bonuses to his Strength score, Concentration and Intimidate checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man can use fly as a spell-like ability at will, gains regeneration 5 (acid and fire deal normal damage), as well as increasing the bonuses to his Strength score, Concentration and Intimidate checks increase to +6. He loses the Powerful Build ability he acquired with the giant trickle’s improved trickle.

Merfolk
    While the merfolk trickle is active the son of Man gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, a +2 bonus to Perform and Swim checks and access to the Water domain. He can also use his Dexterity modifier in place of his Strength modifier for Swim checks.
    Improved trickle: The son of Man's bonuses to his Dexterity score, Perform and Swim checks increase to +4.
    Greater trickle: The son of Man's bonuses to his Dexterity score, Perform and Swim checks increase to +6.

Also working on psionic ACF.
    YouTube channel:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

No indication of what a son of man is, or does; its theme / gimmick is not apparent.