1. What game system are you running
L5R 4th edition
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?
The setting is in Rokugan a couple weeks or so after the celestial tournament. The events and people of importance are subject to change as I see fit.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
Min players: 1
Max players: 6 maybe more
I'm fine with alternates but be advise that you'll be on the bench until I
find a good reason for you to enter
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Play by post on Giant tip forums (so these forums)
For those of you whom prefer skype, I am willing to accomodate for solo
scenes and what not, however the forum will be the default medium unless
you specificly ask me.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Rank one, impress me with your RP and concept and you might start higher
on your next character
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Same as your school, I might increase/decrease status to what I see fit.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Official L5R 4E only, no homebrew.
Also unless you manedge to convince me of your concept, only the Lion,
Crane and Pheonix clans are available. As time goes on I may give more
slack on playable factions
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
For now, only humans of the Samurai class (again unless you can convince
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Standard L5R health pools, yes that means the lowest. Combat is dangerous
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
L5R honor system, I don't care which end of the scale you are but be
believable, everyone has faults and virtues that come around every now
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
I'm not against multiple schools but be ready to cash in some serious
political favours, especially if you want training outside your clan.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game?
Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Players can make their own rolls unless there is a reason that I want to
keep the roll hidden, where the extent of your success or failure wouldn't
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
In relation to the school and family attributes and the school skills, I
consider these bonuses "floating" so they aren't counted when buying into
the skill or attribute (both at character creation and later on)
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I want all 40 questions in the core book answered (or as many as you can)
and included with the charactersheet. Also include your math with your
sheet, so I can quickly double check
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Mostly court based roleplay but there will be a little bit of everything.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Any L5R 4E official resource (the books, if you find other official stuff ask
and we'll see)
How to reply to the posts
I split the posts into paragraph so you can act or react to anything at the paragraph breaks, you can always react earlier but keep in mind if you do something wild it might invalidate the rest of the post.
for example if you decide to break someone's nose at a social event before he finishes his greeting then I'll probably want to change his actions to react to yours. if you're not sure PM with an OOC PM (make sure it's clearly marked in the subject line) and I will see what I can do to help
Last edited by Ghost49X : 01-14-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Reason: I intend to use this post as message of the day and will update it every other day or so.
Yeah you're in. As for the IC post, I said I'd do it today, knowing myself I'll probably post it late, before going to bed. Then again I might not start with an official IC post right away but give each of you a background start through PMs