Ogo, who would become known as Dreadhoof, was born when his father, Chorgin Ripmaw, a warchief of the Hold of Belkzen, sired 3 sons on 3 human slaves. As the son of a warchief he was given a place of power few half-orcs were afforded. He grew up strong and proud shorter than a true orc but well muscled and quick like a predator, truly his fathers son, cocksure and confident. He had a great affinity for animals, and reveled in training them so that they might be better than they were, but on the day he met his first horse he knew that all else he had done was merely the folly of children. He was given a foul, which he named Cindermane, for its black hair streaked with red and orange. from Cindermane's back Ogo saw and did many things, he saw his first non orc village, he took part in his first battle, and he lead his first command from his back. On that day Ogo was given 10 Orcs and told to raid a village in the cinderlands, when they had cited the village and Ogo began to give orders, but the Orcs under his command had other ideas. "The Ripmaw is dead, and there'll be no more orders from runty half breeds like you..." said one of the orcs, the others howling with laughter and approval, a terrible gleam in their eyes. Ogo would have stand and fought if he had not been out numbered 10 to 1, so he put his heels to Cindermane's flanks and fled, cursing himself as a craven coward, though i live one at that. He threw himself into taverns and bars, drinking away most of the gold he had, when his gold ran out he found work here and there, running messages, or as a hired thug, though his heart was never in it, he was only truly alive when he was riding. Living a life he never new, in a place he had only thought of as a source of plunder and slaves, his is at times shiftless and depressed, angry that he can never go home, now he yearns for something new, for battle and danger, and as he and Cindermane plod into Sandpoint, he hopes that prehaps this town will be different, that he might find some adventure! After making sure Cindermane is taken care of, Ogo strides into an Inn, orders some beer and asks for work or tales of adventure.
and there we go!
Cleric 12/Holy Vindicator 4
Fire and Thought domains
Last edited by Cleric Cromwell : 10-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Alyson Cait and Riian Gage were both raised in a village in Lastwall, far from the border of both Ustalav and the Hold of Belkzen. As kids, all the children in the village idolised paladins, and would often excitedly play-fight tales of resisting the orcish hordes, or fighting the return of the Whispering Tyrant. This eventually led to many of them learning to fight, in the vain hope of being able to be one of the lucky few who left the village to become a paladin, instead of doing the sensible thing and working on the farms.
Riian and Alyson were friends from early childhood, fighting in fantasy tales with all the other children. Eventually, Alyson started training with the bow while Riian trained with the sword. The two were by far the best and many expected them to be lucky enough to be recruited, even after Riian woke up one day blind, saved only by a new sense that allowed him to understand where things were.
As they grew older, they eventually become lovers, but their affair ended when Riian's parents had to leave the village, to help family living in Varisia, forcing him to leave behind, unbeknownst to him, the newly pregnant Alyson.
Riian originally fared well in his new home of Sandspoint, managing to settle down successfully. Closer to scholars of magic in Magnimar, he divided his time between his new city and the academy, where he learnt more about his blindness and discovered the magical powers he had been blessed with.
Riian quickly became a fixture in the Sandspoint community. At first, he tried to become a guard to put his skills to use, but he found the structure too confining and instead turned to more general adventuring. He spent his time wandering around the surrounding area, facing whatever threats were nearby and living up to the wandering paladin archetype he once admired.
Champion - Gunslinger The Dealer - Sorcerer Honor Templeton - Archer//Beguiler Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image
good day my fellows, i figure i'd get my 16 done early so you can work on your characters, no rush though, as we've only just started RotRL
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
In and around the city of Korvosa,
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
7 people in total, the four GMs will get in and the other three will be chosen, no alternatives.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
PbP on GitPG
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
All of them start at lvl 1 0xp
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Roll if it's lower than average, take average by class.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
all core and base classes in the Core book, APG, UM, and UC other than the gun slinger, and piazo prestige classes are welcome, no psionics though
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
core races only please
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
20 point buy. max hp to start
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
yes. no evil to start, though becoming evil may be possible over time
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multi-classing is fine.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
The GMs will make there own secret rolls, evryone else can do it over the forum roller.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Not that I know of.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
A good few paragraphs would be nice. how you came to be in Korvosa, and something that ties you to Geadren Lamm
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
a little bit of everything
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Core, APG, UM, UC is generally allowed anything else, pass by the GM for that game.
Cleric 12/Holy Vindicator 4
Fire and Thought domains
Hey Thattaman, do you think you could edit the title of this thread to show that recruitment is closed? I had kinda wanted to join, but I see that it's too late. However, the thread title didn't say so and I kinda had to read through several pages to find that out...