New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Lereth(IC thread)

Link to ooc

Time: about two hours after noon.
    Date: 3rd day of first quarter(649 AFR[after founding of Raseri])
    ((a Lereth year is divided into four quarters, each 95 days long
    Years in Lereth are most commonly counted from either how long before, or how long after the founding of Raseri it was/is))

Notices and Posts on Stormport's Noticeboards;
    “The yearly Verdan peach festival is coming soon. Inquire for information about setting up stalls or events at the dockmaster’s office in Stormport or Maelstrom, or at Bo’s Trading post in Verdan itself”

“WANTED ALIVE: Belzallor Tribbles, for theft of goods[5 counts], assaulting the guard[8 counts], and escaping imprisonment[1 counts].
    Victim is offering 20 fingers of jade as bounty for his capture.
    Inquire at West Gate Stormport guard station for more information.”

“New shipment of Gliding Weasels as Korth’s pet stall, only 40 gold pieces each.
    Located in the port bazaar, locate with stall code 253”

Announcments/Rumors;
    “The king of Xiang is visiting Stormport on the 12th of first quarter, for a public meeting with the Triarchy at the Bazaar’s Plaza”

The Bazaar itself;
    Over near the docks, in front of a small, battered boat--which appears to have been patched together from driftwood, planks, and parts of aged ship wrecks--is an odd, scrawny old man, wearing a battered shirt, and sun-bleached trousers covered in small holes with a few patches made from various types of cloth. He has a long grey beard and mustache, and scraggily, tangled hair, as well as a crude eyepatch fashioned from strips of aged cloth. He’s sitting an a barrel near the odd little ship, telling what sounds like a tall tail about an island and ancient ruins, as well as tails of strange fauna, such as a man eating fruit tree and an odd purple predator that sounds like a combination of a tiger and a rat, as well as an odd tale about a flock of metal birds.
    Off near a rug merchant’s stall there also appears to be a scuffle breaking out between a visiting ogre and the merchant, a tall fairy dressed in purple and blue silk, with a chained man carrying a heavy pile of the rugs she's selling behind her. quickly approaching this scuffle is the guard in charge of security at the bazaar, a rather lanky goblin--named Lorenzo from what you’ve heard during your time in Stormport--he appears to have his hand on his sword’s hilt as he moves towards the ogre, and has two human guards following behind him, one with a mancatcher and the other carrying a pair of large shackles in one hand, and a tonfa in the other.
    Coming out of a road leading to the Bazaar you can also see a rather roughed up looking goblin, wearing rather worn merchant's clothes and carrying a small satchel over his shoulder made out of a scrap of cloth with a few of what appear to be fresh burn marks on it.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-18 at 08:09 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lereth(IC thread)

Angharad walked into town around four hours ago. Thankfully, Coli could be convinced to wait in the woods outside the walls...at least until nightfall. Having wandered around getting lost, she managed to find her way posting board.

There were many interesting pages already posted and fluttered in the wind. However, Angharad had never heard of a Gilded Weasel. Wondering what made then valuable enough to sell, she elected to wander through the marketplace looking for a stall with a number 253.
    Last edited by galenbd; 2012-11-19 at 01:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Olomara

It was one of her pleasures, going out to the Bazaar. She had snuck out and had Mari cover her from her over-protective parents. Olomara kept her striking white hair covered and huddled herself in a drab shall.

She read the post on the board and wondered if a Gliding Weasel would make a good pet.

Turning her shoulder she saw the argument between the merchant and ogre. She moves in to get a closer look.

Spoiler
    Show

As she has lived here for most of her life, does she recognize the merchant?
    (1d20+2)[18] knowledge local
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-11-19 at 06:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Alamix strode through the marketplace, his blue cloak billowing in the wind. He stopped at a signboard, noticing a poster advertising "gliding weasels". Must be some flying squirrel hybrid, he mused. Then he glanced at another poster. Belzallor Tribbles... The name sounded vaguely familiar.

Well, twenty fingers of jade was enough to capture his interest. Alamix set off for the West Gate guard station.

EDIT: Since he wasn't sure where the guard station was, Alamix set off for the west gate.
    Last edited by Proud Tortoise; 2012-11-19 at 06:38 PM.
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Snarin

A worn looking Orc wearing heavy gloves and and a dirtied hide mask listens in on the old man's tales. Some interest him, while others cause his imagination to wander back to the simpler times of looking at the beauty he and his father would create. Metal Birds. I remember some of the young ones used to call them by that name. Such pleasant memories. The Orc thinks to himself.
    Getting up from his seated position leaning against part of the pier, the Orc towers past the Old Man and gives him a passive grin as he wanders towards the Guard Station.
    After reading about a post on the Noticeboard, Snarin felt a strong will to capture the featured criminal. He really doesn't understand it all that well, but best do what his mind wants and let his broken body follow along. Though he has been wondering whether his mind is the one at play in making some of his decisions.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-11-20 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by galenbd View Post
    Angharad walked into town around four hours ago. Thankfully, Coli could be convinced to wait in the woods outside the walls...at least until nightfall. Having wandered around getting lost, she managed to find her way posting board.

There were many interesting pages already posted and fluttered in the wind. However, Angharad had never heard of a Gilded Weasel. Wondering what made then valuable enough to sell, she elected to wander through the marketplace looking for a stall with a number 253.
    As you near the stall you can see a rather round man sitting behind a small table, surrounded by many small cages, the ones nearest the front each contain a trio of weasel like creatures.

"Hello miss, have you come seeking a companion?, I just got a fresh shipment of gliding weasels from the oasis of Aldabb, or perhaps you'd fancy a pigmy forest cat? I still have a few from my supplier’s last trip the untamed eastern woodlands of Auk" says the man as you approach.

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    Olomara

It was one of her pleasures, going out to the Bazaar. She had snuck out and had Mari cover her from her over-protective parents. Olomara kept her striking white hair covered and huddled herself in a drab shall.

She read the post on the board and wondered if a Gliding Weasel would make a good pet.

Turning her shoulder she saw the argument between the merchant and ogre. She moves in to get a closer look.

Spoiler
    Show

As she has lived here for most of her life, does she recognize the merchant?
    [roll0] knowledge local
    The merchant does not appear to be from around here.
    It appears the ogre is offended by her slave, a common sight in some lands, but an outlawed practice in the ogre nation of Xiang.

Snarin;
    The old man turns for a moment to follow you with his eyes, before going back to his stories.

Alamix and Snarin;

As you near the west gate the guard station come into view, it's door is propped open with a small rock, and a signboard, sign the one by the docks is posted outside of the station's entrance.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-19 at 10:17 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #7

Angharad stands stunned when she sees the small creatures caged. She almost doesn't hear his sales pitch.

She strolls slowly over to the table and asks, "This is an unseeming display. Why must you cage such beautiful creatures? Surely they draw more customers climbing around your stall."

8. - Top - End - #8

Alamix sidles into the guard station.
    DeviantART

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by galenbd View Post
    Angharad stands stunned when she sees the small creatures caged. She almost doesn't hear his sales pitch.

She strolls slowly over to the table and asks, "This is an unseeming display. Why must you cage such beautiful creatures? Surely they draw more customers climbing around your stall."
    "The cages 'elp keep the little guys from runnin' amok, and the weasels can be vicious and sting or bite when startled, I've 'eard tales of folk even losin' hands ta them”

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    Alamix sidles into the guard station.
    As you enter a large man, wearing the a tabard with the icon of Stormport(a predatory bird silhouetted black against a white moon, with a green background) shouts to you;"More recruits for the guard‽, Or are you here about a bail or a bounty‽"
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #10

Xidor wakes up in the morning. Some time has passed by since he left and he decides to go to the Bazaar.

He only throws a short look over the message board, before his attention is drawn to the story teller. He can't remember any land like the one in the story and after the man is done he will go to speak with him.

"Good Day Sir. Your story sounds intressting, but may you tell me where this Land can be found?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #11

"I'm here about the bounty on Belzallor Tribbles, good sir.The poster said to come here for more information. Do you have a picture of him?" Alamix unconsciously shrugs to cloak the base of his wings, and approaches the guard.
    Last edited by Proud Tortoise; 2012-11-20 at 09:42 AM.
    DeviantART

12. - Top - End - #12

Kobold

Slip took one last look in the mirror to make sure his eyes were where they were supposed to be. Everything seemedin order, but these days it paid to check twice. Strange things had been happening.

But today was another grand day in Stormport! Home of a thousand different things, traders and thieves and everything else. And frankly, whether or not Slip was feeling quite like himself, he still needed to eat. Something he seemed to do quite a bit recently, but that simply provided another reason to find work, make the world a better place.

The notice boards were a good place to start, so after he had checked himself in the mirror one more last time (did his eyes always look like that?), he left behind the tiny room in the tavern he called home this week and went in search of opportunities.
    ---

Later on, after he he had browsed the boards and acquired a bottle of something spicey from a very happy looking goblin merchant with a remarkable fine pair of tusks and skin rather like worn granite, Slip paused a moment to take things in. There was an argument brewing between - who was that again? Lorenzo? - and an ogre, but the wily goblin seemed to have it well in hand. Curiously, a second argument was apparently kicking up between a seller of animals a little way off and what could be an elf with unusually dark hair.

That was, essentially, the problem with living in Stormport. Too many interesting things happening in a day. And it was only a little after noon!

Slip shook his head, and for one brief dizzy moment managed to obtain three hundred and sixty degree vision of his surroundings, much to the detriment of his spine. The bounty could wait for now, as it no doubt would. No, the thing to do was to go have a look at gliding weasels. And then find out if they were delicious.

No. Wait. That last thought was a little strange.

Slip shook his head again. The thing to do, clearly, was to go have a listen at the argument brewing and, perchance, find out if it was actually a brown haired elf. And also if weasels tasted delicious.

There it was again!

Slip decides to walk closer to Korth's Pet Stall, and does so without doing much else

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Olomara

She steps up to the ogre and tries her best to explain to him the laws and customs of Stormport, "I know you think this is an awful thing, but we use slavery as a for more punishment. He will be freed once his term of indenture is over. "

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Snarin

"Ah, I feel like bringing the man to justice. Though I do not know why... Either way, what can you tell us of the man?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Perplexed, Angharad furrows her brow and asks, "Well, any animal will bite if treated poorly, but won't they run amok in your customer's homes anyway."

16. - Top - End - #16

Alamix glances at the newcomer, an orc wearing a strange mask of hide and bone, and raises an eyebrow.
    DeviantART

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Xidor:
    "The tale does not make a note of the winds, west of the west it says, south of north, by the mountain of flame they stay. but...who truly knows?, Maybe it be like the jabberwock, maybe it's as true as the flamespitters" says the old man, in an odd singsong voice.

Alamix and Snarin:
    "let me see if I can find a picture of him" says the guard as he digs around a moment "ah here it is, drawn by our scryer" he shows you a picture of a tall man with very long, lanky arms, small beady eyes, short hair, and a mustache reaching down to his chest. "we don't know much about him, thought he was just a common thief until he escaped. We know he's capable of using some sort of magic though, as he left a field of unnatural spears of ice, and many of the guards he attacked were suffering from frost burn when we found them along the road to Verdan, about two miles along it from the west gate"

Olomara and Slip:
    "but it's just not right!, A criminal shouldn't just be allowed to go free, they should fight in the area, prove themselves strong!"he still looks angered, but also a bit flustered, as he's started to attract attention, and because he's noticed the nearing guards.

Angharad:
    "they can be vicious, but as long as I don't let the customers find out before they buy, it's more money for me aint it? And I can't very well just release these things, the guards might notice if I did" he says in a jovial matter, clearly not caring about possibly killing or injuring his customers or others.
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #18

"That sounds mysterious." Xidor answers and then mumbles " West of the West Sout of north..."

His attention goes back to the story teller.

"Well thank you."

Xidor will thne go on walking aroun at the bazaar, thinking about any place that fit's the story.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    make a knowledge check for knowledge: History(since it seems like a notable thing), Local(since it's a specific area), and Geography(since it's an island with a volcano)
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #20

Alamix

"So he'll be in Verdan?" Alamix nods. "Thank you for your help, sir. I- We- will do our best to catch him."
    DeviantART

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post

Olomara and Slip:
    "but it's just not right!, A criminal shouldn't just be allowed to go free, they should fight in the area, prove themselves strong!"he still looks angered, but also a bit flustered, as he's started to attract attention, and because he's noticed the nearing guards.
    Olomara
    "That is not our way, strength does not make you right, here." Olomara looks at the on coming guards and tries a different tactic to calm the large ogre, "Why don't you calm down and tell me of your homeland. You must miss it."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Snarin

"So be it. I do hope it is not too difficult to capture him... Though he does sound dangerous."

Snarin leaves towards the path to Verdan.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Alamix leaves alongside Snarin.

"Hello, friend. I don't believe we have been introduced. I'm Alamix. Would you be averse to teaming up to catch this villain? Although, come to think of it, I need to get a sap or something. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill the guy, would we?"
    DeviantART

24. - Top - End - #24

Angharad looks at the man and can't keep the look of disgust off her face. What a reprehensible human. His greed consumes him and he cares not for the pain he causes beast or human.

She manages, "Don't your customers come back to complain when the animal savages them?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Snarin

Looking down at the man with a natural intimidation behind his words,

"May you not burn horribly throughout our venture Mr. Alamix. I am Chong Snarin, son of Chong Choten. If you need to take measure to ensure the enemy's capture, be my guest. I do not need time to do such tasks and will await for you accompaniment by the entrance."

With that, he gives a bow and leaves the man behind.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Alamix walks quickly back to the bazaar to buy a blackjack.
    DeviantART

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Olomara and Slip:
    "my, my homeland...it is a truly beutifal place, and we have been in peace for a long time...though some sadness is present, as rumors have spread that our emperer is dying, and his next in line was recently slain in battle against the dragon hordes. I had come here to watch our emperer's meeting with the triarchy here"he says, dsitracted, and calmer now...

Angharad:
    “Why would I worry about such a thing missy?, I always make sure ta leave town before they got a chance ta” he says with a bit of a chuckle

Alamix:
    you are able to find one fairly easily, and are able to return to the gate within a few minutes.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #28

Alamix rejoins Snarin.
    "Well, I'm ready to leave for Verdan." If Snarin has no objection, we set off.
    DeviantART

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Olomara

"Oh, you part of a diplomatic envoy? Are you part of his royal guard?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Xidor(sorry about the late response):
    The birds sound similar to the tale of the stymphalian birds, a legendary creature said to dwell in the far west reaches of Xiang. Though the ones the old man described sounded closer to golems then flesh and blood, metal feathered birds.

Alamix & Snarin:
    leaving the gate, the main road out of town is still moist from recent rainfall, but still firm, and not too muddy. About an hour into your journey you reach what appears to be the location of his escape, parts of a wagon and a few small craters marking the road, and the ditch to your right, and some patches of frost still remain.

Olomara:
    "I'm not a part of his envoy, I've come incase he crowns Xiao, your grand admiral, his successor, in leave of biological heirs. As it is considered a great honor to be present at the crowning of our emperors, which has usually occurred only once per century”
    Meow(Steam page)