New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Serby's MHR: Explosion in Stamford (IC)

Out of Character Thread is here.
    In Character Thread is here.

Doom Pool: 2d6

The Thing
    You stand outside the Eastern Front of the Capitol Building, waiting on your teammate and unofficial brother, Johnny Storm. The Fantastic Four had been called in to talk about the provisions to the Superhuman Registration Act. It wasn't the first time - the bill has been in committee for months now, so you have all shown up before, but Reed and Sue had to respond to an emergency, so they asked you and Johnny to represent the family.

He was supposed to be here half an hour ago.

She-Hulk
    As both a publicly recognized superhero and a lawyer by profession, you can barely go a couple days without being asked to comment on the Superhuman Registration Act these past eight months. You have managed to get a week once or twice before the 'requests' became 'strong suggestions'. While they don't demand, you do tend to get a decrease in workload at Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzburg, & Holliway shortly after that happens.

Although you are not officially representing them, they have made similar suggestions that you should remain in human form when your expertise on law is being consulted (when you're practicing law in court, it is actually a requirement).

You still have some time to spend before you're supposed to be close enough to be called in when you're needed.

Both
    As you go about your respective business, with people rushing nearby and others taking pictures (occassionally of the large orange man standing nearby), a motorcade of limousines comes down 1st Street (parallel to the Capitol) and comes to a stop. You have a moment that you can't tell who or what is in there, until you see the Stark Industries logo on each and every vehicle.

Spider-Woman
    You're standing in the door to a plane in costume, looking down at the grey top of a Federal Treasury C-130 that your information network has told you is in the middle of a hijacking. You've been sent in to stop it with a minimum amount of collateral damage.

Watching for the air movement, you prepare yourself to jump and enter the plane.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are both Action Scenes, I just wanted to give you a chance to do an introduction to the scene before we got into it.

For Spider-Woman - Who was the source? Who sent you in? (Are they the same?) If you need suggestions, go ahead and ask in the OOC. Otherwise, go ahead and get into the plane (unless you target Flight with the Uncontrollable Limit before getting on - in that case, we'll roll vs. doom pool).
    Outside, the Scene Distinctions are High Winds, Hijacking in Progress, and Friendly Agents (the Friendly Agents are working for whoever sent you in).

At the Capitol (Thing & She-Hulk) - Yes, the 'Action' in Action Scene is coming up. Go ahead and do an intro, and feel free to interact with NPCs. She-Hulk - How early have you gotten here? Keep in mind that Ben's been here half an hour, but we can play with time a little to have the two of you see Tony show up. I don't forsee anything that will need a roll at this point.
    Scene Distinctions are Gawking Tourists, Political Reporters, Landmarks, Granite Pillars, and Stark Industries Motorcade.
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-05-05 at 10:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Serby's MHR: Road to Civil War (IC)

Benjamin Grimm is standing on the Eastern Front of the Capitol Building wearing his business casual black trousers, sky blue dress shirt, and black fedora but despite all this he still stands out immensely. "That freaking hothead was supposed to be here half an hour ago, grrrrr." Ben mumbles underneath his breath he takes off his hat and starts fanning his face more out of habit than actual necessity.

He looks around and notices a pack of Gawking Tourists mumbling and pointing in his direction. Suddenly a flash goes off momentarily blinding him. "Okay who took that picture? Buga buga buga" yells Ben at the pack of tourists while raising and swinging his arms in the air. The tourists scared for their lives scattered away from him and this brings a small smile to Ben's face. But he then remembers he's still waiting. "This is the last time I go through this, next time I'll respond to the emergency and Reed can wait."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jessica Drew is in her familiar, form fitting costume. She stands focused and dermined, her green eyes narrowed on the silver plane beneath her as the breeze from the open door sways her dark hair. After a moment's judgement she tenses then steps out of the plane falling into a practiced glide.

As she flies through the air the facts as she knew them passed through Jessica's mind: how S.H.I.E.L.D operatives had passed word about about a possible hijacking and Director Maria Hill had sent her to take care of things. Even as Jessica thinks recalls this she sees the C-130 suddenly lurch to the starboard.

'Hijacking in Progress,' she thinks to herself. 'If it wasn't such a bad choice words to use with a plane, I'd say something about crashing this party.'

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spider-Woman

Using your flight to guide your descent, you see your opportunity to get to the spot that S.H.I.E.L.D. had outlined as the best point of access and land on the plane below. Once attached, you force a small hole in the hull to get yourself inside before patching the hole.

Inside is a bit of a mess, everything pulled towards your access point, but in a small area like this, hardly noticeable. You make your way to the cargo hold, checking out the area as you go.

Between your speed and superhuman senses, you are able to take in the area before the occupants can respond. Large pallets of money fill most of the ground space. You could probably stay hidden between them, but would have to stay down low.
    Four treasury agents are on the ground, being watched by four hooded figures in red and white. You are aware that the standard crew of the plane is five. Nearby, overlooking the whole operation is an armored man with a sword and shield with a white cross on a red background. You recognize him as Crusader, a former inmate at the Raft, who has been missing since the recent mass breakout. He has his head bowed and eyes closed.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, we'll get this combat started.

Now that you're inside, the Scene Distinctions: Pallets of Money, Wide Open Space, and Frightened Treasury Agents.
    The other available characters are Crusader and Crusader's Cultists. The cultists count as a Mob, and only require d8 stress to defeat each member as a Team.

Go ahead and decide what you want to do and build your dice pool. Remember that you can use the Scene Distinctions in place of your own, even as d4s for the Plot Point.

If you need help with the dice pool, just put what you're trying to do in the OOC thread and we can go through building the pool.

Otherwise, make sure to decide who goes next. (If possible, I would like to try to keep to the standard method of turn order, but if it is too problematic with play-by-post, we can try something else - other than having multiple parallel Scenes)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Jen shouted "No comment."for what felt like the hundredth time as she continued to shoo away the swarm of reporters that seemed to stretch as far as the eye could see. To be fair she had certainly seen it coming in response to the public's new found awareness of the Superhuman Registration Act reporters had taken to milking anyone with publicly known ties to Superhumans for all they were worth and seeing as she was both a known superhero and a lawyer with involvement in cases on the subject she had been high on their list from the start but she still found herself amazed at how many reporters had turned up in hopes of this being the one time she actually had something meaningful to say about the recent happenings. As the onslaught continued Jens thoughts turned to She-Hulk on one hand if she transformed it would be easy to intimidate the goons on the other hand that sort of thing was most likely the exact reason for the "suggestion" to remain as Jennifer Walters for legal proceedings. Her thoughts were interrupted by assorted cries of "Stark" followed by a sudden emptying of the general vicinity. Jen sighed things had eased off for now but it was gonna be a looonnng day.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Thing & She-Hulk
    As you go about your business, you notice a line of red flame cut across the air and the roar of something similar to a jet sounds across the courtyard.

At the sound, most of the crowd looks up, hands blocking the sun as they look for the source in the sky. It's made clear that they were looking in the wrong spot, however, when something slams into the Capitol stairs, sending chunks of stairs flying as well as blocking your view with dust and smoke.

As it begins to settle, you see someone in a seven foot tall suit of powered armor standing in the minor crater that once were stairs. It seems to scan the area, holding a rifle-like weapon at its side.

"Stark! I - Titanium Man - have come to make you answer for your capitalist schemes!"

Mechanics/Detail-
    Spoiler
    Show
    And here we go. Tony will be a support character - noting that this is before the Extremis.

I think we'll have She-Hulk go first - my image has her in-between Tony and Titanium Man, and She-Hulk has the reflexes, while Jennifer (likely) won't be in direct opposition.
    Go ahead and take your action, piemaster, and if you can leave a note of who goes next, that would be appreciated (even if it has conditions based on what the result of the reaction is).

The remaining characters are: The Thing, Tony Stark, and Titanium Man.
    Scene Distinctions have not changed - Gawking Tourists, Political Reporters, Landmarks, Granite Pillars, and Stark Industries Motorcade. And feel free to use specific landmarks if that distinction comes up.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

Jessica strolls in, deliberately cool. "Crusader, I know they print the bills with 'In God we Trust' but I don't think this way they meant it. Ever think of just setting up a charity?" With a smirk at the deranged holy warrior she turns to look at the the Cultists "And as for you bad, bad boys... ever heard of a little line that runs 'Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's'?" She pauses for a fraction of a second, looking like the world's sultriest school teacher waiting for one of her brighter pupils to respond.

Not that she gives them a chance. With a theatrical sigh she snatches up a pallet of $100 bills and waves it under the nearest Cultist's nose: "For today's show the part of Caesar will be played by Ben Franklin. Come on boys think. Is stealing really the thing they taught you in Sunday School or is our mutual friend the armour just maybe not so holy as he wants you to think?"

As she speaks Spider-Woman is invisibly releasing her pheremones, as she figures the Cultist's mind could do with a little nudge in the right direction. God helps those who help themselves.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

(D8)[4]
    (D4)[1]
    (D8)[5]
    (D6)[2]
    (D8)[4]

Edit: Okay so one dice came up a 1 so I'll set that aside. 4+5 = 9. I'll spend a Power Point and add the other D8 giving me a total of 13.

My Effect die is the D6 and thanks to my Pheremones I can step that up to a D8.

After my action the Crusader gets to go next.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-05 at 08:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Jen put he hand to her face and sighed this guy had picked one heck of a time to show up with all going on in the city today there were more then enough civilians around to endanger and as far as she could see there was no one around to stop him except...Jennifer Walters court duties would have to wait right now there was a job to do.

She-Hulk approached Titanium Man with an air of confidence "Well what do we have here." she cracked her knuckles "Coming out here thinking you can go around pointing those guns at wherever you please is that you Bullski or is there some new moron wearing that thing.". She-Hulks body tensed as the suits visor turned to face her averting its attention from its previous targets "Because if its the latter then your about to find out why "Supervillain" is a very poor career choice around these parts" with that she broke into a run towards the armored criminal and prepared to perform a good old fashioned takedown. As she streamed towards the power armor she caught sight of a familiar orange face "Grimm!"
    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to inflict stress on Titanium Man
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d4)[1]
    (1d8)[7]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d8)[3]
    roll allocation is D8 and D6 to hit chance and the other D6 to effect dice watcher gets the 1.

Grimm will be going next
    Last edited by piemaster; 2013-02-05 at 11:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go ahead and grab that opportunity to add a d6 to the doom pool. Take a Plot Point, RossN (for 2 total)

Doom Pool: 3d6

Spider-Woman

As you put on a show for the cultists, you see them watching for a reaction from their leader. You finish, and see a look of thought pass behind the cultist's eyes. He takes a step away, subtly but clearly letting you know that he is not going to try to stop you.

Crusader seems to be remaining calm as he speaks. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils."
    Although he began looking at his followers (the one that stepped back in particular), by the end, he was staring at you directly. It's almost before you know what's happening that his sword crosses the space between you. He clearly has a talent for his chosen weapon and a serious misstep could be quite dangerous for you, but this swing is particularly wild and has him overreaching in order to get over the pallet between the pair of you.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really hoping I do this correctly. EDIT: I clearly did not.

Cultist Reaction- Team 4d6 + Zealous d8

Affiliation (Team): [1][4][5][1]
    Distinction (Zealous): [6]

Nice pick of a time to add to your total - he manages an 11 total with a d6 effect die. Two opportunities if you want to take them with a Plot Point.

Crusader Attacks- Team d6 + Swordsman d8 + Power of Spirit (Sword) d8 + Combat Expert d8

Affiliation (Team): [2]

Distinction (Swordsman): [2]
    Power Set - Power of Spirit (Sword): [4]
    Specialty (Combat Expert): [7]

That gives him an 11 total with a d8 effect die.

You get to react, then the Cultists will get their turn to go. You can pick up up to two opportunities from the Cultist, which can set up a d10 asset or stunt, or a d8 push for your reaction, or bring in a resource from one of your Specialties for the Scene.
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-05 at 10:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And grabbing She-Hulk's opportunity for another d6. You get another Plot Point to work with piemaster.

Doom Pool: 4d6

She-Hulk
    Titanium Man turns his head towards the green Giantess charging towards him and moves himself to take the blow on a point with heavier armor.

"I will not be stopped by such a pathetic attempt at force."

He takes the blow, using his free hand to direct She-Hulk's momentum along his armor and tosses her into the heavy Capitol doors, which shudder and crack at the impact but impressively manage to remain standing.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now I should be able to get it correctly.

First, you add the actual roll on the dice for the total - I'm assuming the 7 and one of the 5s, for a 12 total.
    Then, you choose one of the dice for the effect, which ignores what the results on the dice are. In this case, if you keep the 12 total, you have a d8 and a d6 as possible effect dice. I'll assume that you're taking the larger one, but if you want the d6, let me know and I'll adjust the result.

Titanium Man's reaction - Solo d10 + High-Powered Mercenary d8 + Powered Armor (Superhuman Durability) d10 + Combat Expert d8
    Affiliation (Solo): (1d10)[8](8)
    Distinction (High-Powered Mercenary): (1d8)[4](4)
    Power Set - Powered Armor (Superhuman Durability): (1d10)[8](8)
    Specialty (Combat Expert): (1d8)[1](1)

Alright, so minus the one opportunity, that is a 16 total. I'll go ahead and use a d6 from the doom pool to counterattack with a d8 Physical Stress. You can spend a Plot Point to shift it to another type if you want to (and can explain it).

An opportunity is available to She-Hulk or the Thing

Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-05 at 11:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ben notices Titanium Man right as She-Hulk is tossed into the capitol doors and is a little shaken up at the sudden turn of events. But then his blood starts and boiling and Ben, no the Thing gets in gear. He places his fedora on distraught civilian's head and charges forward.

"That's it pal, nobody treats a fellow Fantastic Four like that and gets away with it" screams the Thing as the momentum of his sprint grants him the desire strength to body slam Titanium Man.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not taking the opportunity.

Affiliation – Buddy (d10)[2]
    Distinction – Wotta Revoltin’ Development (d4)[2]
    Power Set – Godlike Strength (d12)[4]
    Specialty – Combat Expert (d8)[5]

Plot Points = 2

EDIT: I must say these rolls are a little anticlimactic. I guess I'll add the 4+5 (d12+d8) = 9 and keep the d10 as the effect die.

Titanium Man goes next. Tony Stark can go last.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-06 at 01:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

"Now isn't the time for something about swords and ploughshares is it Crusader?" Spider-Woman taunts the zealot as she nimbily avoids the sword swing. As she pulls back she turns her head slightly to look at the wavering cultists before snapping back to give the supervillain in chief a roundhouse kick to the face that years of agent training have perfected.

That at least is the plan...

Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Solo (d8)[1]
    Distinction: Triple Agent (d8)[1]
    Power Set: Superhuman Strength (d10)[1] - rerolled as a 4.
    Specialty: Combat Expert (d8)[3]

I think I'll use that Asset now: UNCERTAIN LOYALTY D10 - I'm planting the seed of doubt in the Crusader's brain that the Cultist I stressed is not only staying neutral but might intervene on Jessica's behalf. Distract Crusader by forcing him to have to watch his back a little more in the fight.

Asset: Uncertain Loyalty (d10)[8]

PP: 4

Edit: Whoa! Bad rolls... I'm spending one of my freshly minted Power Points to reroll Superhuman Strength.

Total: 8+4 = 12. My effect die is the D8 I rolled for Combat Expert.

Re-rolled in the OOC thread, and after all that I still end up with 12.

Jessica is using the D10 from her Superhuman Strength as her Effect Die and I'm paying a PP so the kick connects.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 12:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As stated in the OOC thread, this is before RossN's post

The Thing
    Titanium Man makes the turn towards the ball of rock hurtling towards him and mirrors the charge, arms outstretched to push back against his attacker.

Rock and metal fly at the collision, sending both The Thing and Titanium Man sliding backwards on their feet from the force of the impact. "Ha! You will never be able to stop me!"

The Thing & She-Hulk
    After the clash, Titanium Man steps back and leaps into the sky, his boots flaring as the rockets allow him to hover above the concrete stairs. His hands point out towards the pair of superheroes and launch strands of energy at each of them.

The strands begin to wrap around into rings in an attempt to surround the heroes.

Mechanics/Details-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titanium Man's reaction - Solo d10 + Shortsighted d4 (he has a goal - this method of fighting really gets in the way) + Powered Armor: Godlike Strength d12 (pushing back against a charging Thing) + Combat Expert d8
    I'll step up a d6 doom die with the distinction.

Affiliation (Solo): (1d10)[8](8)
    Distinction (Shortsighted): (1d4)[3](3)
    Power Set - Powered Armor (Godlike Strength): (1d12)[3](3)
    Specialty (Combat Expert): (1d8)[2](2)

So that's an 11 total with a d12 effect die. I'll pull a d6 to counterattack. I'm guessing that you'll use a PP to trigger your Invulnerability SFX. Otherwise, you'll take d12 physical stress.

Titanium Man's action - Solo d10 + Empty-Headed d4 (He's trying to entrap both of you at once in order to gloat at his success in killing Stark) + Powered Armor: Concussive Blast d10 + Combat Expert 1d8 + Area Attack 1d6 (keeps an additional effect die) + Force Rings 1d6 (steps up the effect die)
    Stepping up the other d6 doom die with the distinction.

Affiliation (Solo): (1d10)[6](6)
    Distinction (Empty-Headed): (1d4)[2](2)
    Power Set - Powered Armor (Concussive Blast): (1d10)[4](4)
    SFX: Area Attack: (1d6)[2](2)
    SFX: Force Rings: (1d6)[4](4)
    Specialty (Combat Expert): (1d8)[4](4)

So, mostly just avoiding rolling opportunities. That's a 10 total against both of you, with d10 and d6 effect die. The Force Rings will step the d6 up to a d8. He's attempting to make an Entrapped complication against both of you - Thing gets the d10, while She-Hulk will get the d8.

I'd like to wait for reactions before going to Stark.

Doom Pool: 2d8
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 11:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so the kick connects for d10 physical stress.

Doom Pool: 2d8

Spider-Woman
    You see a moment of panic cross the faces of the cult members when you connect and send Crusader reeling. The trio recover and come at you from all directions.

They throw some punches and various forms of attempting to harry you. Your reflexes are more than sufficient to avoid injury, but you can see that Crusader is about ready to launch another strike and they're doing their best to limit your options.

Spoiler
    Show
    The cultists are going to try to help Crusader out by creating a SURROUNDED complication on you.

Affiliation (Team): (3d6)[6][3][3](12)
    Distinction (Zealous - going up against a foe that almost took out their super-powered leader): (1d4)[1](1) - adding in a d6 to the doom pool.
    Power Set - Cult Traits (Swarm): (1d8)[6](6)

That's another opportunity for you if you want it.
    So, using the 6s for a 12 total, and a second d6 for the effect die.

We'll need a reaction and then they will have Crusader go for 'Page Two' of this fight. I'll wait, as his pool depends on how well your response goes.

Doom Pool: 2d8 + 1d6
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 01:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm spending a Plot Point to activate my Invulnerable SFX and not take the d12 damage.

"Get down here tinhead so I can swat you like the irritatin' fly that you are" yells the Thing as Titanium Man takes to the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buddy (d10)[3]
    It’s Clobberin’ Time!(d4)[2] (plus I get PP back)
    Godlike Durability (d12)[7]
    Combat Expert (d8)[5]

Okay I'll add the 7+5 (d12+d8) = 12 which means that the complication is not placed.

Plot Points: 2

"Ha you think these puny strands can hold me down" screams the Thing as he pretty much flexes/breaks through the rings.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-06 at 04:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, since we won't have both heroes being taken out right now, I'll go ahead and put Tony so that a player can be up.

The Thing & She-Hulk
    While the three of you are going at it at the top of the Capitol stairs, Tony Stark watches on. There's a little worry as She-Hulk goes flying, but once Titanium Man takes to the air, he puts his hand to the air and starts to talk.

"Pepper, I'm down at the Capitol building. Yes, U.S." He pauses for a bit longer. "Looks like I'll need the suit. Think you can send it up? Alright, then."

Details/Mechanics-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably should have started a different way, but I'll call it a d8 PAGING PEPPER POTTS asset. If nothing else affects it (Titanium Man reducing it or you somehow stepping it up), it'll step up on each of his turns and when it's d12+, it'll change to Iron Man who'll give you supporting fire (in the form of a d10 asset) and up your affiliation to Team (unless one of you goes down first).

If you can work in the Iron Man armor coming in, you can go ahead and add the asset.

Let's go with She-Hulk next (after the reaction).
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

"You boys sure know how to make a gal feel popular," Spider-Woman says as the Crusader's goons crowd in.

Okay, she thinks to herself, Crazy #2 there has nice broad shoulders. If I can get him to aim low they'd make a nice mentally unstable platform.

She twists and turns, trying to draw the cultist into stretching himself too far forward, planning to grab him by those same shoulders and somersalt over his head taking her neatly out of the cultist circle. Or at least that is the plan...

Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Solo (d8)[5]
    Distinction: Triple Agent (d8)[2]
    Power Set: Superhuman Reflexes (d10)[10]
    Specialty: Acrobatic Expert (d8)[6]

Don't have the PP to use an Opportunity unfortunately.

Edit: Okay, 10+6= 16. The Effect die is the Solo D8.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 08:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Status-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader - d10 Physical Stress
    Cultists - 1 mob die removed

Doom Pool: 2d8 + 1d6

Spider-Woman
    You launch off the cultist, while the other pair stare as you slid across a line of bills, causing them to slide into a pile on the floor. You turn to face Crusader just as he slams the hilt of his sword against the closed door to the cockpit. "Take it down! We've got one of them in here!"

He turns his sword as if preparing to slash, but slams his shield at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    One thing with this system is that the players have a lot more narrative control over their opponents than most games. You could feel free to include the flip (knowing that the reaction succeeded), have them stumble, etc - it just doesn't make them less effective in a mechanical sense.

I'm spending a d8 from the doom pool to add the scene complication - CRASHING PLANE d8. By your turn, this will make the Frightened Treasury Agents into Panicked Treasury Agents as they realize what's going on.

Crusader's die pool will be:
    Affiliation (Team): (1d6)[1](1)
    Distinction (Swordsman): (1d8)[2](2)
    Power Set - Power of Spirit (Superhuman Strength): (1d10)[5](5)
    Specialty (Combat Expert): (1d8)[5](5)

Wow. 10 total, with a d8 effect die, and an opportunity available.
    Remember when you roll your reaction that he has d10 Stress that you can use.

Spider-Woman is up next (after her reaction).

Doom Pool: 1d8 + 1d6
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 09:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

BlackDragon

Spider-Woman smirks at the expressions the cultists gives her as she gracefully flips over him. The smirk fades as the knowdlege she is on a CRASHING PLANE hits her.

Spider-Woman realises she has to end this quickly. She tries to turn aside from Crusader's shield, using her not quite natural agility and Crusader's own wooziness against him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Solo (d8)[3]
    Power Set: Superhuman Reflexes (d10)[5]
    Specialty: Acrobatic Expert (d8)[4]

Crusader's Stress: (d10)[5]

Still don't have the PP to use an Opportunity unfortunately.

Edit: Oh well, 5+4 = 9 and my Effect die is the unused d10.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 09:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

BlackDragon

The impact of the Crusader's shield sends every bone in Spider-Woman's body juddering. She gasps involuntarily in pain and falls back a step. Only her training and resilience keeps her on her feet and able to shoot the zealot a pained smile: "Alright, that is a pretty good toy. I bet Captain America is jealous."

Bravado aside she knows she'll have to make an all or nothing try. She falls back another few steps, then lauches a flying kick towards Crusader's chest. Maybe her weight and momentum plus his can break through the cockpit door.

Assuming she connects anyway...

Spoiler
    Show

Power Set: Superhuman Strength (d10)[6]
    Specialty: Combat Expert (d8)[7]

Crusader's Stress:
    (d10)[3]

Edit: 7+6 = 13. Effect die: 10D
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-06 at 10:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

A the mechanical fibers constricted around her body She-Hulk's demeanor shifted entirely and her body began to undergo dramatic changes becoming more bulky and savage looking, if there was one thing She-Hulk hated above all else it was being restrained.
    Spoiler
    Show

Activating rage boost and attempting to break free from threads thus avoiding the complication.
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d8)[3]
    (1d10)[7]
    second D10 is a 1 which goes to watcher
    using the first D10 and D6 to successfully avoid the complication at the cost of bumping emotional stress up by 1.

She-Hulk tore apart the offending wires effortlessly then turned her eye towards the armored villain.
    Last edited by piemaster; 2013-02-06 at 11:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader - d10 Physical Stress
    Cultists - 1 mob die removed

Doom Pool: 1d8+1d6

Spider-Woman
    Crusader smirks as you fall back, preparing for his follow-up blow. You leap, and he finds himself unable to brace against anything, the floors designed to help move the pallets around making it difficult to take a blow from directly ahead of him. Still, he brings his shield up to do its best.

It works well, as you slam against the shield. He rocks back and stumbles slightly, but seems unaffected by your assault.

The cultists, however, seem a bit more worried and head for the back where you came in from. This makes the treasury agents very worried. You take a moment to check what they're doing, and it seems that they are getting ready to leave the plane. As you realize this, the plane begins to enter a steep dive. The clock is ticking.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know I should figure out a standard format for all this, but I do like the look of this.

Crusader's Reaction pool-
    Distinction: Wide Open Spaces (1d4)[2](2) - to add a d6
    Power Set - Power of Spirit: Superhuman Durability (1d10)[8](8)
    Specialty: Combat Expert (1d8)[8](8)
    SFX: Focus of Faith: Combines Team d6 Affiliation and Spider-Woman's d6 Physical Stress into (1d8)[4](4)

That's a 16 total with a d8 effect die. Only one left this round is the Cultists.

The ones still in the main area are grabbing parachutes and preparing to leave. We'll call it a d6 Asset if they need to use it in a roll.
    One other is in the cockpit - he's stepping up the Crashing Plane Scene Complication to a d10. (You can guess what stepping up beyond d12 is)

The Cultists will let Spider-Woman go next. Then you pick which of the two go.

Doom Pool: 1d8+2d6
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-06 at 11:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlackDragon

Spider-Woman decides to change tactics. Maybe she'd get further using her brain rather than her brawn?

"You of all people should know suicide is a sin Arthur." Spider-Woman says as she takes a step closer to the villain. "Your boys sure do; even if I hadn't seen their reactions earlier I can smell the fear coming from them now. They've lost faith in you Crusader, and if they lose faith... well how can you be so sure? Are you absolutely sure the Lord will look kindly on you taking this plane, are you so sure you will bet your immortal soul on it? Because if you have even a whisper of a shadow of a doubt, well... I don't need to tell you what happens if you are wrong."

She reaches up and gently touches Crusader's cheek (not uncoincidently giving him a blast of her Pheromones.) "Ready to put yourself to the test?"

Spoiler
    Show

Hoping to cause some Mental Stress on the Crusader here.

Affiliation: Solo (d8)[2]
    Distinction: Alluring (d4)[3] + PP
    Power Set: Enhanced Senses (d8)[3]
    Specialty: Psych Expert (2d6)[7] re-rolled in the OOC thread -
    Psych Expert: (2d6)[6][1](7)

Pheromones: (d6)[6]
    Crusader's Stress: (d10)[5]
    Asset: Uncertain Loyalty (d10)[3]

Okay, so I'll spend the PP I earned from using a 4D to include a third die in my total, giving me. 6+6+5 = 17. My Effect die is the 10D asset, but because I used Pheromones I can step that up to 12D (I think.)

Crusader's move next.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-07 at 10:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'll take the opportunities from She-Hulk and Spider-Woman for a d6 and to step up a d6, giving each of you a Plot Point for that.

Doom Pool: 2d8+2d6

Spider-Woman
    You step up to Crusader, and the all-too familiar look of reaction to your pheromones crosses his face as the sword and shield sag. "No, that can't be right. I... must be..."

He looks down, and you can tell he won't be a further problem. "We need to leave. There's no way that you'll be able to get the plane under control in time."

Meanwhile, the cultists grab a few stacks of bills before climbing toward the door as the pallets slide and slam against the cockpit wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's an odd one, in that it seems assumed that you roll one of your Bio-Electric Metabolism powers in order to include Pheromones (and that if nothing else applies, it's Stamina) - but the SFX says 'any power', where similar effects say 'any POWER SET power'. You are right, though, it'll be a d12 effect die.

And Crusader's reaction-
    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[6](6)
    Distinction: Zealot (1d8)[3](3)
    Spider-Woman's Stress: (1d6)[4](4)

Well that's probably going to go poorly. I'll make a second post for his action if it's not an extraordinary success (which would stress him out in one).
    And that's a 10 with a d8 effect. Which is one, stepping up your d12 to a d12+, stressing out Crusader. Are you 'pulling your punch' and avoiding Trauma, or going to deal d6 Mental Trauma to him?

We'll jump Crusader's action. He can't roll against you if you want to do something that would normally need a roll, but the Cultist action is going to step up the Crashing Plane to d12. If you're going into the cockpit, your Superhuman Strength is more than sufficient to get in the door. If you want to try something else, let's see what you can do.

Spider-Woman is next.
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-07 at 02:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

BlackDragon

Ignoring Crusader's words Spider-Woman roughly throws him aside, braces herself, then charges the cockpit door with her shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not going easy on Crusader; he takes trauma.

I guess I don't have to roll to get in through the door but I'm in a hurry so I want to see if I can get in and react to the situation inside the cockpit fast enough, using my Superhuman Reflexes and training.

Affiliation: Solo (d8)[6]
    Distinction: Tripple Agent (d8)[8]
    Power Set: Superhuman Reflexes (d10)[8]
    Specialty: Acrobatic Expert (d8)[8]

Edit: Total is 8+8= 16. Effect die is 10D.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-07 at 03:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright then, Crusader has d6 Mental Trauma. Sure you don't want a d10 effect die?

Spider-Woman
    You slam through the door, aided no doubt by gravity, and find yourself in the cockpit. Two people are inside, and although both are surprised, one is clearly allied with the cultists, while the other seems to be one of the pilots, fairly sloppily tied to his seat. Using your training, you're able to respond quickly and bound into action almost before the cultist knows what's going on.

"We're coming down on Manhattan. I can help you out to land, but it's not going to be soft."

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't sure if you meant that as a mechanical or description based comment - based on how preventing a crash will work, I think it makes it more interesting to have the fight rather than not. And that's basically the mechanical response.

Cultist's die pool-
    Affiliation: Solo (1d8)[8](8)
    Distinction: Fanatical (1d8)[3](3)
    Stress: Physical (Spider-Woman's) (1d6)[2](2)

Alright, so with three dice, and the largest being d8s, he can't actually win unless I use doom dice to add to his pool. Even a d8 effect is enough to stress him out. Still, there might be something of use from his rolls.

Alright, he's stressed out and you just have to take care of the plane. Crusader and his cultists are leaving (except the one in the cockpit), so you'll be rolling against the doom pool (plus the Crashing Plane complication).
    The pilot can provide a d6 asset relating to knowledge of the plane without being rescued or a d8 asset of being at the controls of the plane if you take the time to get him loose (which will take an action against the doom pool, or, due to the makeshift ties, a Plot Point will give it for free - before or after your roll).
    Getting the rest of the flight crew out safely will also take actions vs. the doom pool. Multiple effect die can get more than one at a time, and a d4 is sufficient to get someone out.
    Alternately, trying to land the plane would be rolling to remove the complication. You roll vs. the doom pool + Crashing Plane. If your effect die is equal to or larger, the plane lands. If it's smaller, you're getting the plane under control, but it's still in danger. If you fail, I can remove the effect die to apply it in basically the opposite way (if larger, it replaces; if equal or smaller, it steps the complication up).
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-07 at 03:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I meant D10 for the effect, just got confused by the wall of 8's. :)

Without any time for finesse Spider-Woman clocks the cultist across the jaw with a right hook before leaping into the seat and seeing she can get the plane out it's dive.

Spoiler
    Show

Affiliation: Solo (d8)[4]
    Distinction: Tripple Agent (d4)[3] for the Power Point.
    Power Set: Superhuman Strength (d10)[2]
    Specialty: Combat Expert (d8)[5]

Edit: Okay I'm using a PP to get my total with 3 dice giving me a total of 12 and a 10D Effect Die.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-07 at 03:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"That tears it I've had just about enough of you buddy" She-Hulk shouted as she lunged towards the hovering Titanium man.
    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to damage Titanium mans flight power trait
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[4]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d8)[5]
    Using the 8 and 5 with the other 5 as effect die.

Tony will be going next.
    Last edited by piemaster; 2013-02-07 at 05:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doom Pool: 2d8+2d6

She-Hulk & The Thing
    You leap up, launching a solid punch on Titanium Man's boots. He seems to ignore you, trusting in the strength of his armor.
    When the rockets sputter and give out, he looks down as the ton of metal is sent falling back into the ground with a thud. He looks towards you, and despite the face-concealing helmet, you can tell he is livid.

Titanium takes a step back and opens fire, sending a blast of concussive energy. It misses you wildly, but takes out one of the pillars nearby, and sends it falling into the pair of you.

One of the limo drivers leans out the window, shouting for Tony to get back in so they can leave, but he waves them off and heads for some basic cover while he waits for his armor to show up.

Details/Mechanics-
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fudging the turn order a little for story - technically, Tony is going before Titanium Man, but it made more sense to have the reaction and action in one set with Tony's at the end.

Titanium Man's reaction:
    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[4]
    Distinction: Empty-Headed (1d4)[3] - Ignore the attack at his feet; Using to add a d6.
    Power Set - Powered Armor: Supersonic Flight (1d10)[9]
    Specialty: Combat Expert (2d6)[2][2](4)
    Stress: She-Hulk's Physical (1d8)[8]

I'll work out the total and effect die out, but I like the effect and opening enough to trigger his Charged System limit to shutdown the power and add the die to the doom pool. So the more effective that punch is, the smaller the die added is going to be.
    Alright, that is a 17 total (Flight + Stress) with a d10 effect, which would be an avoid result. So that is a d10 added to the doom pool.

Tony then steps up Paging Pepper Potts to d10 and chooses Titanium Man to go next.

Titanium Man's action pool-
    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[8]
    Distinction: Granite Pillars (1d8)[5]
    Power Set - Powered Armor: Concussive Blast (1d10)[7]
    SFX: Area Attack (She-Hulk & Thing) (1d6)[3]
    Specialty: Combat Expert (1d8)[7](7)
    Stress: She-Hulk's Physical (1d6)[5]

He's going for Physical Stress to both of you. He gets a 15 total (Solo+Combat Expert) with d10 and d8 effect dice (Blast+Pillars). We'll say a d10 to She-Hulk (if failed, it will replace the current Stress) and d8 to Thing.

And Titanium Man is forced to choose Thing to go next, just let me figure out the effects before you do.

Doom Pool: 1d10+2d8+3d6
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-07 at 06:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Spider-Woman smiles tiredly as she slips into the co-pilot's seat. "You aren't the only one here who knows flying... and landings."

There was no time to try anything but take the controls and try not to crash too hard.

Spoiler
    Show

Distinction: Tripple Agent (d4)[1]
    Power Set: Superhuman Reflexes (d10)[2]
    Specialty: Acrobatic Expert (d8)[7]

Asset: Pilot (d6)[6]

Edit: Okay... I'll spend 1 PP to give me an additional die. 7+3+6 = 16. Effect Die is D10.
    Last edited by RossN; 2013-02-07 at 07:00 PM.