New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Avatarist Status Thread (Calling All Avatarists)

The last Calling All Avatarists thread, according to some, is outdated. As such, I will try to keep this thread updated with the status of each Avatarist.
    Quoting the original post of the last one:

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    Original post, for posterity:

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'm sure you've all noticed that there's a new "Request an OOTS Avatar" thread. For those of you who haven't, yes, there is a new one. A number of forumers, including Roland, noted that the list of avatarists in the first post is horribly out of date, and has been since most of the populace can remember. It was suggested that perhaps a new list could be compiled, of avatarists both active and on leave.

One page later, the requests started. >.>

Anyway. I propose that such a new list is made, if nothing else because it irritates the crap out of me that I've never heard of 90% of the people in the opening post and half the links are broken.

So, my proposition is thus: those of you who take requests posts your status, requirements for requests, etc., and possibly mention those who have not come forth yet who occasionally do the same. This is completely voluntary; if you want to remain anonymous, go for it. This is simply so that the general public can be made aware of who is available, and to acknowledge those who have contributed to the excellent aesthetics of this forum.

This thread is a list of all avatarists since late 2010 (or at least most of them). Note that the list is organized from oldest to newest, so for more recent avatarists look near the bottom of each section.

Anyone who wants part of their entry changed, tell me, I might've made mistakes/misinterpreted some of the less structured entries. Or you might have just changed your mind.
    Here is the list. Please check, that Active is anyone you can PM to ask for avatars, Inactive/Unhireable is someone who preferst to check requests in other places, and Semi-Active are people who might just accept the occasional PM, but prefer to stick to the Request Thread.

Please note that some avatarists will no longer be here. Obviously, they won't come here to say so, so if you know of one that is no longer in the forums, please let me know.

The avatarists with strikethrough are those who don't seem to be here anymore, but needs confirmation.

ACTIVE

Spoiler
    Show
    AlterForm
    Portfolio: Interim portfolio. I'll look into doing something more elaborate/standardized if/when I get more requests done.
    Prerequisites: Reference material for anything and everything is appreciated. Pose preferences (with applicable reference image) are also appreciated.

Cdr.Fallout
    Portfolio: Click me.
    Prerequisites:
    A please and a thank you are kind. A detailed description is kinder, as I may fill in vague blanks with my own ideas. I am also open to changes and fixes, should the product not fill your heart to your satisfaction.

Ceika
    Portfolio: My Avatars
    Prerequisites:
    Patience... and a little courtesy doesn't hurt either. I'll work off of reference pics or descriptions. If my muse takes over, you may get details you didn't expect or want. If you give me a vague description, that's all the more likely. Your choice though.
    Notes: Please give credit in your sig. I haven't been on the boards much (um... at all in the last... 10 months or so?), but I do check my PMs at least weekly.

Cuthalion
    Portfolio: here
    Notes: I accept any OOTS-Style requests (and sometimes ponies). I may or may not do them, it usually takes a while. If it's urgent you can let me know.

Derjuin
    Portfolio: On Photobucket are some of my favorites - I sometimes deviate a bit from OotS style.
    Prerequisites and Notes: Reference material is awesome, so are descriptions. I can probably get by without one or the other. I work best when I am in the mood to make avatars or feel inspired to do a certain one.

Dogmantra
    Portfolio: Only really pay attention to the first page - the rest is pretty old and not indicative of my (albeit rather lacking) skill.
    Prerequisites: Mostly just PM and nothing too much more complex than a humanoid or two. Also must be willing to wait a while. I procrastinate, y'see. Though if a request in the request thread really piques my interest, I'll do that.

Domochevsky
    Portfolio: deviantArt
    Prerequisites: Similar to Dogmantra, primarily per PM and with patience, due to procrastination and me being fairly new to the whole avataring thing. The more details provided the better.
    My style is not exactly OotS

Emperor Ing
    Portfolio: Well That was Unexpected
    Prerequisites: Private Message. Reference material is appreciated. No other prerequisites exist.

Gulaghar
    Portfolio: My OotS Avatars
    Prerequisites: A somewhat detailed description. I may request reference pics.

Iruka
    Portfolio:Gallery on deviantArt
    Prerequisites: None I can think of. The more description and reference material you can give me, the better.
    Notes: I usually work rather slowly and tend to ask for a lot of feedback during the process, so be prepared that it may take a while until your avatar is finished.

linklele
    Portfolio: Expecially OoTS new style but i will do anything really. I like to try new things. Wanna see some references? Check here
    Prerequisite: Just say what you want. Of course the more dedails and reference image you give me, the closer to your imagination will be my drawing.

Mauve Shirt
    Portfolio: Link
    Prerequisites: I'm active, but no one knows it because I rarely take requests. If I'm inspired I'll do a request. I take my sweet time, it might be a month's wait for your avatar if it's complicated.

Phase
    Portfolio: Mah album.
    Prerequisites: Just gotta PM me and I'll see what I can do.
    Note: PUNCTUALITY IS NOT MY BEST FEATURE. THAT WOULD BE MY SCULPTED ABS. JUST FYI. Might be late on the avatar.

Savannah
    Portfolio: Don't have one online at the moment -- my avatar is representative and I'm happy to provide examples upon request. I tend to stick to simple, clean images without too much detail.
    Prerequisites/notes:
    • I'm usually pretty busy with other projects, so my turnaround time is rarely less than a week. I very much appreciate polite check-ins/reminders.
    • I am ALWAYS happy to make changes to the avatar until you're happy with it, even months or years later.
    • Detail is good. Reference pictures are better.
    • I tend to prefer non-humanoids to humanoids, but I'm willing to do humanoids. I do play D&D, so can work off of [monster species] requests.
    • I don't do avatars real people, other than you or historical figures. (Fictional characters as depicted by living actors are okay.)

Shadowysilence
    Portfolio: Here.
    Prerequisites: I'm not highly skilled so I can't guarantee some of the quality of other avatarists, but otherwise that's it for me.

Silverraptor
    Portfolio: OOTS style. Can do creatures OOTS-style to some extent.
    Also, My Fan Comic, which I promised myself I'd get back to some time or other.
    Prerequesites: Pms mostly. I have rarely looked through the OOTS Avatar thread lately. If I feel inspired to do an avatar request, make sure you post references. No guarentee I'll get it done quickly (Or in a few months). I have a tendency of abandoning projects where they sit on my shelf and call out to me in my sleep as if only to haunt me to eventually get back to them (Which I've promised myself I will and finish each one of them.

Szilard
    Portfolio: Some of my better work.
    Prerequisites: Just PM me. I'll occasionally check the requests thread. I usually do humanoids, but that's what people usually ask for anyway. If you want it, I'll try.
    Notes: Odds are, if you've scrolled down this far, you must be desperate for that avatar. I'll be happy to oblige.

Telasi
    Portfolio: Avvies (samples)
    Prerequisites: Interesting or not too much trouble. No post count required; I like making these for new members.

Terry576/Nick.
    Portfolio Photobucket, Avatars, And for my better style, Photobucket, Fancomic.
    Prerequisites OoTS style recommended, I like stuff to be not so vague that I'm confused, but not Wall O' Text specific.
    Notes I'll take most PM requests, and I lurk the Request thread for Requests I like, or if I'm feeling like I need to improve my Avataring.

TinyMushroom
    Portfolio:
    http://lugialegend.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Requisites: I prefer drawing humanoids.
    Notes: PM me if you want an avatar/banner/something. I'll do anything, as long as it's oots style.

Suspected to be inactive
    Spoiler
    Show
    licoot
    Portfolio: None as such, but here is my photobucket
    Prerequisites: PM requests are mostly taken, but I may not have the time/ability for some requests, but if you are willing to wait i will do most requests
    Notes: I am more likely to do a more unique request, If I particually like it I might do it, but I probably won't have time to do your standard human fighter/elven wizard/half ork barbarian

fizzybobnewt
    portfolio: moo
    Prerequisites: a reference pic is useful, not required. So maybe that doesn't really count as a requisite...

ukuleleninja
    Portfolio: None given
    Prerequisites: just details i guess... i don't take 100% of my requests.

Zexion
    Portfolio: Evil: Not Worth It
    Prerequisites: A description including race, weaponry, clothing type, clothing color, eye color, and hair color & style (show an OOTS example, please).

Fay Graydon
    Portfolio: <Photobucket Album>
    Prerequisites: Private requests only (Via PM, Email, Etc...), The More descriptive the better (Shading optional), Reference pictures or In depth requests (Preferred but not required)
    Notes: I'm slowly Phasing out certain aspects of OotS art such as Hands, My hands are OotS style "fists" all the time, whether gripping something, being balled up or not. Also I don't draw OotS style goblins or other races to match the comic, but more to match certain reference pics (such as those in the Dungeon and Dragons handbooks)(May require Poking)

Dashwood
    Portfolio: Photobucket Album
    Prerequisites: Reference photo if you have one, and a reasonable request. I can't do small detail.
    Other Notes: Some things I try just don't end up good or right. I may turn down requests if I have trouble doing them.

GreenMuffin
    Prerequisites: I check the request thread daily for things that pique my interest. You can also PM me, but I get REALLY annoyed when I agree to do something spend a long time on it, I am told that someone else already did it.

azuyomi244
    Portfolio: My photobucket
    Prerequisites and Notes: Lots of details/reference pictures are appreciated but not necessary. The time it takes depends on how artistic I'm feeling, but I should be able to do them in less than a week.

Vrythas

Portfolio: Portfolio...also has several repeats.
    Prerequisites: I'll do any male avatar.
    Notes: I haven't checked the request thread in ages, and probably won't. if you want me to do something, PM me. If you want to see a preview of my style, check my sig.

Mindfreak586
    Portfolio: http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/mindfreak586/
    Prerequisites: If I have time
    Notes: My photobucket is an old one my brother used to use. Only pay attention to the OOTS style avatars.

Serphimera
    Portfolio: You can check out my Portfolio here. It’s small atm, so help me add to it!
    Prerequisites: PM your request. The more specific the better, otherwise I’ll just make up whatever strikes my fancy. And reference material always helps, of course.

AlfredAmeoba
    Portfolio: Link
    Prerequisites: OOTS Style, I am good with any level of detail on this side of insane.
    Notes: I try to mirror The Giant's style as closely as possible, So I am best with humanoids and some monsters.

Lord Mashus
    Portfolio:
    Link
    Prerequisites: Yeah, I do almost anything... But my style is a little different, for example: I shade most of my art. Check out my portfolio, and if you want an avatar or sig in Oots style I will be happy to do it. If you do want me to do something, go to my portfolio, and reply to it.
    Notes: I'm posting here because I'm basically running out of ideas for original avatars, but I want to continue drawing, so I am taking requests.

snusnumrik
    Portfolio: forum post or deviantart
    will add more
    Prerequisites: I'm new around here so all commissions are welcome.

Mrgone
    Portfolio: http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/Mrgonethemaxx/
    Prerequisites: Tell me what you want and be detailed.
    Notes: While i have just started making avatars I think it's fun. OoTS style would probably be where I stand as far as what I create at the moment, but I'm sure as my experience grows I'll be able to branch out from there. I'm getting pretty familiar with inkscape and have only been using it for about 2 and a half days or so. I guess the sky's the limit.

SEMI-ACTIVE

Spoiler
    Show

Ajadea
    Portfolio: Check my sig. I will keep all my favorites there.
    Prerequisites: Please be specific, don't be shy to tell me that it's wrong. I want at least hair color, hair style, skin color, facial expression, clothing, and pose.
    Notes: I just figured out this avatar thing. Also, I don't do non-humanoid characters that well yet. PM me if you want an avatar. I don't regularly check the avatar requests thread.

Akrim.elf
    ShowCase: http://s111.photobucket.com/home/Akrim13/ , http://depresiveneko.deviantart.com/
    Prerequisites: Don't PM, I'm not good...if I see something interesting, I'll try it...
    I prefer Female avatars and blob things...

A Rainy Knight
    Portfolio: Most of this.
    Prerequisites: A full description will suffice. I prefer simple requests to overly complex ones. A reference pic helps if you want me to get the colors just right or want me to imitate a certain character or thing.
    Notes: I draw faces and proportion bodies a little differently from standard OOTS-style, so check my portfolio before you request. Feel free to PM requests to me, but I give no guarantee of taking requests since I've got school coming up.

araveugnitsuga/Pink Haired-August
    Portfolio: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1423, might eventually organize my photobucket account to be more... organized.
    Prerequisites: I make avatar's on weekends, so if you are willing to wait until the next Monday, PM me away.

banjo1985
    Portfolio: I tend to do kitties, either my own or Reinholdt's avatar tend to be a decent representation.
    Prerequisites: None, but best to get me by PM. If you're not after a cat-a-tar, a reference picture would be great. For kitties, a general theme and colour will suffice.
    Notes: Kitties are easy, I tend to be able to get those done quite quickly. I will take and do other work, but it needs to be something that I think I can do justice to. I'm not going to inflict a sub-standard avatar on you if I think a request is beyond me.

DarkCorax
    Portfolio: Photobucket
    Notes: Reference Images are Useful, but not required. I generally don't takes requests from the thread, and I may take a little longer than most avatarists due to free-time constraints.

Darwin
    Showcase: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Boyzenberg/OotS/
    Prerequisites: I take occasional requests. I prefer detailed requests with pose, color scheme, skin color, equipment, everything you can imagine. Don't be afraid to be restrictive and specific, artistic freedom is overrated I only take requests I like, and reserve the right to turn down any request I do not find interesting. I have recently begun working with sigs as well, which I also take requests for.

Felyndiira
    Prerequisites: Prefer character designs, but will take on interesting challenges - unusual poses, detail, effects, a different artist's style, etc. Good descriptions/reference pictures are preferred, although I can improvise.
    Notes: Lazy artist alert =p. I can't handle that many avatar requests, and I have a lot of real-life issues, so punctuality is not guaranteed. I'll try to finish as soon as possible though.

Gengy
    Portfolio: found here!
    Requirements: Anyone making a request must understand that I am a very lazy artist, and you must be patient. If I accept your request, it'll get done. If you don't hear from me, you may want to find someone else.
    Notes High C and G-Flat

GrlumpTheElder
    Portfolio: Here (with Links to a couple of other places)
    Prerequisites: A Clear description is neccessary and patience is apreciated, as I don't have that quick a work rate. I'm probably best at modifications of current avatars.
    Notes: As you can see from my portfolio, I don't normally do the usual DnD stuff. If you have something less usual, try me.

Haruki-kun
    ShowCase: http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/ (Not organized at all.)
    Prerequisites: PM me. If I have time, I'll make it. I rarely, if ever, take requests from the RAOSA thread. Reference art always welcome.

KillItWithFire
    Notes: While I do love taking requests I take much longer than other avatarists to complete them. Great way to sell myself I know. I try to go for my own distintive style, a sort of 3-demisional textured oots type of thing.

Kopaka
    Portfolio: Photobucket, also has random unrelated stuff
    Prerequisites: I take stuff that catches my interest. I don't check the thread much, but I'll take a thing or two occasionally, and you can always pm me if you think you've got something up my alley (it's a small, dark place.) Characters from stories (that I know, preferably) are my preference.

Kurien
    Portfolio: My little space at the Avatar Adoption Centre
    Prerequisites: Requests should be clear, and concise. Be specific, but don't overwhelm me with details. References are appreciated.
    Notes: I prefer the RAOSA thread. I won't be able to take any and all PM requests. Artistic energy is a limited resource.

Kymme
    Prerequisites: Please give me examples of hairstyles from OotS, cause I'm not the best at them.
    I'm sort of lazy, so be patient with me.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Portfolio: Photobucket, I guess
    Prerequisites: patience, reference images very useful but unecessary.
    Notes: I have very little (read: none) experience with DnD, so a character sheet (as people sometimes use when requesting) is entirely unhelpful to me.
    Expressions should be specified, or I'll make your avatar look grumpy. It's my default expression.

Mad Mask
    Portfolio: none given
    Prerequisites: none given
    Style isn't exactly OOTS standard.

NEO|Phyte
    Portfolio: My Adoption page
    Prerequisites and Notes: Speed of request finishing depends entirely on how artistic I am feeling at the time.

Prime32
    Portfolio: Here
    Prerequisites: Does work that seems interesting. More likely to accept a request if it comes with references, or at least a detailed description.

Qwernt
    Prerequisites: Descriptions are good. Reference images are better.
    Notes: Just getting back into this, so request interesting stuff.

Serpentine
    Portfolio: Here, here and here.
    Prerequisites: As much detail as possible, sample images are very useful.
    Notes: I'm very slack, and I tend to draw in spurts. Ability/willingness to take a request can depend on very arbitrary inspiration. I think I tend to prefer creatures, rather than people, but not exclusively.

Strawberries
    Portfolio My photobucket
    Prerequisites Oots style only, possibly with reference picture. I'm not the most skilled of avatarists, so I don't draw anything too complicated.
    Notes I'm having a crazy period at work, so I am not taking requests from the thread. However, if you PM me with a request, I'll do my best (or tell you right away if I'm really too busy at the moment).

Teutonic Knight
    Portfolio: Either Adoption Center or deviantART, which are also in my sig.
    Prerequisites: Tell me first if you want a specific avatar, in which case you need plenty of details, organized neatly, not in a big chunky paragraph, or if you want a "do whatever you think looks right" avatar. Otherwise I can make just about anything. Reference pictures preferred.
    Notes: When school starts up again, I cannot account for availability.

Thormag
    Portfolio: devianART
    Prerequisites: Patience and clear indications on what they want.
    Notes: Might have the avatar ready in a day or a month. So yeah.

Trobby
    Portfolio: My Photobucket
    Prerequisites: Need the following described to me. {Avatar species, Avatar gender, Avatar clothes, Avatar colors, Any other details wanted of avatar} Pictures that provide these things help, though further descriptions are appreciated.
    Notes: I am eager to accept avatar requests, but the speed at which you get your request filled depends upon how well you describe it (Not the LEVEL of detail in which you describe it, but how well you describe it.) Make it clear what you want, and I will do my best to provide you with an avatar.

Zefir
    Prerequisites: Reference Picture and a good description of changes based on the picture
    Notes: I have made mostly humans and I have never done Half-Animal things so don't expect me to do them.

Zolkabro
    Portfolio: Please judge my skills by more recent avatars. My old ones kind of suck, and do not represent my skill.
    Notes: While I always try to get avatars done, I always tend to have a big workload. I will do my best, but you may get your avatar pretty late.
    Also, please credit me if you use one of my avatars.

Suspected to be inactive from forums
    Spoiler
    Show

PersonalSavior
    Portfolio: stuff
    Prerequisites: Be descriptive, as if you were describing your avatar to a non geek.

MartytheBioGuy
    Portfolio: Though cluttered with some other images...
    Prerequisites: They have to catch my interest. And be fairly easy, I'll admit I'm a newbie at the trade.

Bradakhan
    Prerequisites: I have almost no experience of D&D, so character sheets are no help to me. Will usually take requests that interest me.

C-Lam
    Showcase:http://s755.photobucket.com/home/crystallam1995
    Prerequisites:I take some requests, both for avatar and signature pictures. And I often check the OOTS avatar request thread for avatars I find interesting. But because of school, I might not always have the time, so if you PM me, it might take a some time before I'm finished. I prefer to have some references to work with, but anything is fine.

CrimsonAngel
    Portfolio: http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...gelChris/oots/
    Prerequisites: You get lucky.

Andraste
    Portfolio: Photobucket Album: OotsAvatars
    Prerequisites: I can work with most levels of details. Specific details and reference images are nice, but I've worked with "A person trapped in ice".
    Notes: I mostly make avatars through the request thread. I work best when I specifically decide to make avatars, so I usually go and on a drawing spree and make several in a day, then I don't make any for weeks.

Guest#1
    Portfolio: https://sites.google.com/site/valleyofturmoilart/
    Prequisites: Description. A reference pic would be nice, but not required.

Xander Morhaime
    Prerequisites: Kobolds! And a sufficient description.
    Notes: I am mainly interested in drawing kobolds. Uniformed, armoured, in disguise, or simply carrying huge axes... you name it, I'd most likely be willing to draw it.

Skyblade62
    Portfolio: portfolio
    Prerequisites: Personal message requests, reference pics, only male avatars, TIME, no kobolds/many-armed beings (maybe kind of simple avatars? I am only a budding avatarist...)

INACTIVE/UNHIRABLE

Spoiler
    Show
    Cealocanth
    Portfolio: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Alexaflohr?n=y and the Adoption Center.
    Prerequisites: I usually take requests through PM, and are happy to try my hand at almost anything thrown at me. I'm a strictly OOTS style artist, sorry.
    Notes: My busy schedule can get in the way of my avatarism. If I can't help you immediately, I will as soon as my schedule allows.

Dallas-Dakota
    Portfolio: Some of it is here.
    Prerequisites: Just PM me and I'll see if I'm interested.(For anime/manga specific avatars, you're prolly better off with somebody else)
    Notes: PUNCTUALITY IS NOT MY BEST FEATURE. THAT WOULD BE MY MAD OMNOMNOM SKILLZ, JUST FYI. Might be late on the avatar.
    Doublenote: Poking is often the best way to get me working.

Mr_Saturn
    Prerequisites: Can draw pretty much anything, but not particularly interested in anything. Send me a reference picture and try to inspire me with your avatar request.
    Notes: I generally avoid the cliche warrior and would rather draw something non-D&D (Have little to no knowledge of D&D, See Crimmy) I check my pm's frequently so I can get back with a yes/no quickly. Don't be afraid to ask, but don't expect a yes.

Crimmy
    Portfolio: My Deviantart and my Photobucket 1 and 2
    Prerequisites: Be specific. Be consistent. References are very important.
    Notes: First of all, I don't take any and all requests that come through.
    I'm not taking PM requests anymore, it's better to keep it on the RAOSA thread. I prefer powerful things: Big monsters, Demons, Powerful warriors, Arcane magick, and the such.

Be advised, though, it's a Paint Avatar I'll be making. And I tend to have bursts of inspiration, so I'm not always in the mood.

Oh, and please, do not use Character Sheets for description, because I cannot understand it (I have little to no experience with D&D)

Djinn_in_Tonic
    Portfolio: Needs to be updated.
    Prerequisites: The request has to interest me: I'm interested basically at random. I also don't normally like working with characters I can't take creative license on, so as a general rule don't ask me to reproduce a popular media character.
    Notes: My style deviates between highly OotS and not at all OotS, depending on my mood. If you have particular issue with this, request OotS specifically. I often take a while to produce the piece, as I'm very busy, but I'm always willing to revise to produce something the requester wants.

Maximum Zersk
    Portfolio: Shadow of Fire
    Prerequisites: I might do one from time to time, if it tickles my fancy.

Castaras
    Portfolio: Here.
    Prerequisites: Done on a case by case basis.
    Notes: Very active forum-wise, not very active avatar-wise. Requests would be useful, would help me get back into avataring (possibly). Pretty much, anything goes, but there is a massive warning when it comes to me - I'm not very good at doing avatars that don't spark me to make the avvie. Oh, and I'm best at drawing girls.
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2015-06-24 at 04:45 PM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Avatarist Status Thread (Calling All Avatarists)

Yeah, keep me down as "active."
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Yeah, keep me down as "active."
    Perfect.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Prerequisites: PM me. If I have time, I'll make it. I rarely, if ever, take requests from the RAOSA thread. I have little or no experience in D&D. Do NOT send me character sheets or expect me to know what [monster/race/class] is; instead, send me a description. Reference art always welcome.
    Leave me where I am, but strike out that part. I actually play D&D now.

Thanks, Crimmy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Eeek, my "portfolio" sounds rather conceited of me. If you could change that to "Some of my better work." that'd be great.

And maybe move me up to Active.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't really do much of this on request anymore. Can you switch my post over to inactive?
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Dup-tade.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really appreciate you bothering to take on the task of maintaining this thread, Crims.

Please upgrade my avatarist status to "Semi-Active" and update my entry to say:

Prerequisites: Requests should be clear, and concise. Be specific, but don't overwhelm me with details. References are appreciated.
    Notes: I prefer the RAOSA thread. I won't be able to take any and all PM requests. Artistic energy is a limited resource.

Also, can I suggest that you reorder the avatarist lists alphabetically while also leaving the crossed out entries to the bottom?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurien View Post
    I really appreciate you bothering to take on the task of maintaining this thread, Crims.

Please upgrade my avatarist status to "Semi-Active" and update my entry to say:

Also, can I suggest that you reorder the avatarist lists alphabetically while also leaving the crossed out entries to the bottom?
    I was thinking of doing that. It's kinda hard, but it will be done.

Consider yourself updated (it takes about 5 minutes for me to do so).

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Cuthalion's portfolio link only leads to the Imageshack home page. *attempts to summon Cuthalion to give out a new link*

Also, glad to see the list updated. Thanks for the work, Crimmy.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-01-26 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

whoomwhoomwhoomwhoomwhoomwhoomwhoom

I have been... summoned!

hello

I cannot get my imageshack to link. Let me see, though...

Here you go. And please change the description, it sound horrible. How about:

I accept any OOTS-Style requests (and sometimes ponies). I may or may not do them, it usually takes a while. If it's urgent you can let me know.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

It has been done
    *Puts serious face*

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

RL is kicking my butt at the moment, but I think I actually fit better under your "Active" category than "Semi-Active" since at the moment I'm best reached by PMs.

Also, I'd like my entry updated as follows:

Portfolio: Don't have one online at the moment -- my avatar is representative and I'm happy to provide examples upon request. I tend to stick to simple, clean images without too much detail.
    Prerequisites/notes:
    • I'm usually pretty busy with other projects, so my turnaround time is rarely less than a week. I very much appreciate polite check-ins/reminders.
    • I am ALWAYS happy to make changes to the avatar until you're happy with it, even months or years later.
    • Detail is good. Reference pictures are better.
    • I tend to prefer non-humanoids to humanoids, but I'm willing to do humanoids. I do play D&D, so can work off of [monster species] requests.
    • I don't do avatars real people, other than you or historical figures. (Fictional characters as depicted by living actors are okay.)

Thanks
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I live to please.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The list has been slightly updated. Also, check out my signature, and give me some feedback on Iron Avatarist, please

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm still the same as what you've got.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

You can add me to the active avatarists:

Portfolio:Gallery on deviantArt
    Prerequisites: None I can think of. The more description and reference material you can give me, the better.
    Notes: I usually work rather slowly and tend to ask for a lot of feedback during the process, so be prepared that it may take a while until your avatar is finished.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

With me grumbling about lack of general A&C activity I should probably put my money where my mouth is. Put me down as Semi-Active please, Crimmy.

Portfolio: I tend to do kitties, either my own or Reinholdt's avatar tend to be a decent representation.
    Prerequisites: None, but best to get me by PM. If you're not after a cat-a-tar, a reference picture would be great. For kitties, a general theme and colour will suffice.
    Notes: Kitties are easy, I tend to be able to get those done quite quickly. I will take and do other work, but it needs to be something that I think I can do justice to. I'm not going to inflict a sub-standard avatar on you if I think a request is beyond me.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

List updated with new avatarists! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated to add Shadowysilence to the avatarist list!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Qwernt is back to at least "Semi Active". Please mark me as such.

Note, not all my old work made it (though I think I have most of it somewhere) and even the stuff I have has new hosting, so all my old images are dead.

oh, and could you update my link to match the one in my sig?

Edit:

Thanks.
    Last edited by Qwernt; 2014-03-18 at 12:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt View Post
    Qwernt is back to at least "Semi Active". Please mark me as such.

Note, not all my old work made it (though I think I have most of it somewhere) and even the stuff I have has new hosting, so all my old images are dead.

oh, and could you update my link to match the one in my sig?

Edit:

Thanks.
    Alright, consider it done.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Bump. Remember to check this thread for avatarists.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi! Please sign me up for the avatarist list.

Portfolio: Expecially OoTS new style but i will do anything really. I like to try new things. Wanna see some references? Check here
    Prerequisite: Just say what you want. Of course the more dedails and reference image you give me, the closer to your imagination will be my drawing.
    Last edited by linklele; 2014-08-25 at 02:56 AM.
    Ask me to do your new avatar! (Payment is in cookies)
    "You have to deliver your craziness in little pieces, you can't do it all at once!" -Scrubs

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by linklele View Post
    Hi! Please sign me up for the avatarist list.

I'm guessing you're on the Active list?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    I'm guessing you're on the Active list?
    Yup! Check the avatar thread
    Ask me to do your new avatar! (Payment is in cookies)
    "You have to deliver your craziness in little pieces, you can't do it all at once!" -Scrubs

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming there's nothing secret and special for me to do first, I'd like to get involved.

If you could put me under active, I'd like it to say:

Prerequisite: A please and a thank you are kind. A detailed description is kinder, as I may fill in vague blanks with my own ideas. I am also open to changes and fixes, should the product not fill your heart to your satisfaction.

Also, is there any particular reason the request thread doesn't link to this one? It wasn't easy to find.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    Assuming there's nothing secret and special for me to do first, I'd like to get involved.

If you could put me under active, I'd like it to say:

Prerequisite: A please and a thank you are kind. A detailed description is kinder, as I may fill in vague blanks with my own ideas. I am also open to changes and fixes, should the product not fill your heart to your satisfaction.

Also, is there any particular reason the request thread doesn't link to this one? It wasn't easy to find.
    Active duty, got it.

Also, (I hope this doesn't sound rude) you may have noticed I'm not the Mod for that. For some reason or another I have been ignored when messaging either Roland or Alarra. So there's that. Since we're not supposed to be all that noisy, I stopped messaging them when I realized they were simply ignoring this, so yeah, it's mostly a one man effort to try and get things organized and help others find avatarists. I had suggested once that people (avatarists) have in their signatures a link to this particular thread, but other than myself I haven't seen that happen, so yeah.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show