New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Creature]The Vengeful Hands

These guys were made with help from a friend of mine (who is very very awesome :3), but she's more familiar with 3.0 than 3.5, so there might be quirks. I'm also not too sure on the CR, but both of the approximators here gave me 7, so 7 it shall be. :V

They're from Resident Evil 4. One of them (the Right Hand) is a boss at one point, and the two of them serve as the guards for Ramon Salazar, one of the BBEG's underlings.

And with that:

Verdugo
    The Vengeful Hands of Los Illuminados
    Medium Abberation
    HD 10d8+30 (70)
    Speed 50 ft. (10 squares); Burrow 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +5 (dex)
    AC 21; touch 15; flat-footed 16
    (AC = 10 + 5 Dex +6 Bonus AC)
    BAB +8; Grp +16
    Attack Masterwork Longspear +17 (1d8+12, 20/x3, reach weapon) or Tail Bash +11 (2d6+8, 20/x2, Reaches 10')
    Full-Attack Full attack Longspear +17/+12 melee (1d8+12, 20/x3, reach weapon) and Tail Bash +11 melee (2d6+4, 20/x2, Reaches 10') or Claws +16/+16 (1d6+8 20/x2, Slash/Pierce) and Tail Bash +11 (2d6+4, 20/x2, Reaches 10', Slash/Blunt/Pierce)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Qualities DR 5/Magic, Plagas communication, cold vulnerability, Tremorsense 30'
    Saves Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8
    Abilities Str 27, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills Move Silently +5, Search +10, Spot +10, Listen +10, Balance +5, Tumble +7, Concentration +5
    Feats Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack.
    Environment Any
    Organization Pair(Right and Left hand), Singular, Retinue (pair with Master Plagas-bearer)
    Challenge Rating 7
    Treasure None
    Alignment Lawful Neutral or same as their Master
    Advancement Whoo I don't know :V
    Level Adjustment -

Appearance They are a little over 7 feet tall and are roughly 350 lbs.. Unrobed, they are lean and sinewey, giving the impression of well-compacted and controlled power. Their skin is black and chitinous, barely glimmering in the light. In contrast, their faces are stark white, like exposed bone, with vaguely humanoid facial structure, but with a complex set of mandibles where a mouth would be. Their eyes glow a muted, but easily visible, red. They have a long, flexible tail that ends in a wickedly sharp blade, and their arms end in a hand with two fingers and a thumb opposite them. Their legs are long and digitigrade. The Verdugo usually wear robes (Black with red trimming for Left, Red with black trimming for Right), and always carry their heavy spears as they accompany their Master.

Combat Verdugo are intelligent and completely dedicated to the protection of their Master. Everything, including their own personal health, is secondary to him. They are more than capable of tactics, and usually use their burrowing capabilities to keep themselves out of reach and to strike unexpectedly. When their Master is in danger, they become vicious and straightforward, using their superior strength to force his attackers back and away from him.

Plagas Communication (Ex): When within 20' of another Plagas-bearer, they are in constant mental contact. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flatfooted, none of them are. No Plagas-bearer in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are.

Cold Weakness (Ex): Attacks dealing cold damage slow a Verdugo (as the slow spell) for 2d6 rounds and deal double damage. The Verdugo gets no saving throw against any of these effects.

Tremorsense (Ex): This only functions when they are burrowing.
    ------

Bonus images!
    The Hands without Robes:
    One
    Two
    Three

The Hands with Robes on:
    One
    Two
    Last edited by Karma Guard; 2007-07-17 at 10:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [Creature]The Vengeful Hands

One more pic, with robes on
    here

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

As a huge fan of RE4, I must say that this is very nice. Good stats, as far as I can see. I agree with the CR; 7 looks about right. I'd like to see/make more Plagas critters.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm working on a template for normal Plagas bearers and a Master; And then I'll go from there. :3

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps my favorite RE baddie. I prefer the Right-Hand, black with red trim FTW.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's the left hand XD

In the game, they're on Ramon Salazar's wrong side; Left is on his right.

"Oh no we're on the wrong side what do we do?" D:

"SSSH Don't...don't mention it. Maybe no one'll notice." ._.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Oh well, they are still pretty cool. I guess having a parasitic organism inside you messes with your senses of direction. And it's interesting how well they've bonded with the infection, as opposed to the more ungainly or grotesque Plagas forms (ex: the Chief). I wonder if they'll be in RE5, with any possible further evolutions/adaptations.

Edit: Maybe add the ability to sneak attack with its tail through the ground as it burrows.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2007-03-18 at 08:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Verdugo were experiments that Saddler did, that's why they bonded so well. (mad science + people == profit?)

The other experiment-monsters are El Gigante, the Novistadors, the Regenerator, and the Iron Maiden. (I'll eventually stat them if I don't get distracted by something else :V ) The Ganado, Comillos (the dogs), the Armordura (the...armors), the Garradors, and Del Lago are all the natural ones.

Giving them sneak attacks is a little much. With the Spring Attack, they can emulate that, and they're already terrifying close-combatants.
    Last edited by Karma Guard; 2007-03-18 at 10:04 PM.