Fatbelly 2: The Baroness’ Revenge!
Hello and welcome to the second Fatbelly competition, the Revenge of the Baroness!
As you walk up the bricked path of the former Barons mansion, those of you that have competed before notice that the mansion and grounds have gone through huge changes since the last competition. The formerly overgrown and rambling gardens have been clipped and cut back into regimented rows. The mansions slightly grubby façade has been cleaned with military precision, and everything looks more organised. The biggest change is that it all seems much less welcoming than before, the neatness of it makes it seem rather sterile.
When you get to the doors there is no one to greet you, and the banqueting hall inside is empty, the banqueting table that filled the room has gone. You stand there alone for about 20 seconds until the clicking of heels on flagstones tells you that the Baroness is on her way. She walks through the doors and surveys this year’s competitors; she looks her usual severe self in a grey suit and hair tied up in a tight bun.
“Some of you I know, some of you I’ve never seen before, to all of you I say welcome to my first Baroness Fatbelly Eating Contest since my dolt of a husband cooked himself at the end of the last one.”
“As I am now in charge of things, there are going to be a number of changes for the new competition, so that it…reflects my own image.”
The Baroness smiles as she says this last line, a thin smile too full of teeth and menace to be comforting.
“I’m warning you now; this competition is not going to be a walk in the park like the last one, eating as much as you please. This will be about outlasting the rest through trickery and skill, but the rewards are great indeed. This is your last chance to back out…are you up to this years Fatbelly contest?”
– All players begin with 5 Munchies
and a special ability
– Each round I will announce the food up for grabs. The food will result in either a reduction or increase in Munchies. Each round will last 2-3 days
depending on people posting their actions and how much time I have.
- The competition will go on for 12 rounds
; the winner will be whoever has most Munchies at the end of Round 12.
– When the food is announced the players have a number of options to choose from. This will usually include:
- Eat the food
- Refuse the food
- Offer it to someone else (that someone doesn’t have to accept, you can then offer it to someone else or refuse it.)
There will also be other options from round to round. All these actions are posted on the thread; they are NOT
PM’d to me, EXCEPT
for certain special actions & abilities that will be described below.
– If you have a portion offered to you, you should post your answer in the thread. If you don’t post I’ll assume you accepted the food, however I will be lenient when someone offers food just before the round ends.
– Before posting the next course I will announce the results of the previous round complete with current Munchie totals.
– When a player drops to negative Munchies they’re out of the game (a much more likely occurrence than the previous game).
– Non posters will lose 2 Munchies per missed round
, but will not be timed out until they hit negative Munchies or request to leave the game.
– Random events are certain to appear from time to time with special rules that will be explained when the time comes.
– Again I will try and come up with some spiffy trophies and participation images for those who take part.
Credit goes to Castaras for giving me this idea! Fatbelly competitors now have the chance to steal food from other people! Each player begins the game with 3 steals
, and can use one per round to take another persons food for themselves. This action should be PM’d to me
. The victim will not know who stole their food, but the number of steals people have left will be displayed in each rounds results, so you could be found out.
Even if the victim has already passed food on or refused it, the steal takes effect, basically the steal overrides the victim’s action for the round.
All Fatbelly participants start with one of the following abilities, which will be assigned randomly before the game begins:
– When someone steals from you, you know who did it! (Automatic ability – no PM needed)
– You have a secret stash of food you can eat instead of a particular course. You have 2 portions
and they give you +1 Munchie
, so they’re useful when you don’t fancy a course.
– Once during the game you can use this ability to know what affect the next course will have on your Munchies, and you can react accordingly. Note this can only be used once
– When someone is down to 2 Munchies or less
, you can send a PM to me saying that you are going to feed on them while they’re weak for a +5 Munchie bonus
! Unfortunately the target gets taken out of the game...but what do you care! It's also your action for the round, so you can't eat the course on offer, even if your victim has Martial Training and kicks your butt. You can only use this ability once in the game, and other competitors will then know you have no further ability. (In honour of Orzels servant eating exploits in the last game!)
– If someone tries to cannibalise you, you beat the hell out of them, negating the attempt and hurting the attacker for -2 Munchies
. (Automatic ability, no PM needed)
I hope the new rules make sense, I’ve tried to explain them as best as I can, but if anyone has any questions post here during recruitment and I will answer.
So sign up if your interested in the new rules, which I hope will make it a bit more tactical than last time. I think I’ll cap the game at 30 participants
again, and recruitment will run until we have that many. Once this is done I will PM you with your abilities and post up the first course!
Come on, try and take Ezlo’s crown!
Surviving Players 21/33
Dragonprime - Fell to his death Round 1
Atreyu the Masked Llama - Consumed by Orzel Round 6
Terumitsu - Thrown out of the window Round 4
Radikalskippy - Consumed by Khaldan & Fleeing Coward Round 11
HyramGraff - Stretchered out Round 3
Androgial - Stretchered out Round 3
Thanatos5150 - Taken away Round 5
Therarde - Stretchered out Round 3
Huyneo - Stretchered out Round 3
Seftsirag - Stretchered out Round 3
Mr Edward Nigma
Akaziel - Consumed by Mr Edward Nigma Round 3
Evnafets - Consumed by Raiser B1ade Round 3