2023-11-27 - |
1291 - |
The Order of the Stick: Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales
After years of waiting, the Order of the Stick comics that first appeared in Dragon® magazine have been collected in one volume! Follow the print adventures of Roy, Elan, Haley, Vaarsvuius, Durkon, and Belkar as they traverse a dangerous subterranean dungeon filled with swarms of puffins, breakfast cereal mascots, and one heavily templated snail. The then-monthly strip was filled with endless roleplaying hijinks (at least until it ended). But now you can enjoy every published strip, along with a whole book's worth of all-new goodies. Check it out:
Yes, it’s crammed full of every odd idea I’ve had that was too long to serve as bonus material elsewhere, but was too good to just not do! All packed into one half-color, half-black-and-white book. But here’s the important thing to remember: This book is an Ookoodook Exclusive! It won’t be coming to local comic stores or other gaming websites, it can only be purchased through our direct retail partner, Ookoodook.com.
What’s more, this book is a limited print run, meaning that once we sell out, it will never be reprinted again.
- All 22 original The Order of the Stick strips that ran in the print version of Dragon® magazine from issue #338 (December 2005) to the last issue, #359 (September 2007).
- Author commentary on the experience of creating strips for the legendary gaming publication.
- 8 additional never-before-seen strips that were planned for future issues, before the magazine was canceled.
- Edition Wars: Invaders from the 4th
Edition Dimension: After the events of the magazine comics, our heroes are attacked by their mirror duplicates from a brand new dimension! Can the Order defend their old way of life from these strangely balanced invaders?
- Stick Tales: As the Order sails toward the Western Continent, they tell stories to pass the time, including Elan and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hoodlum, and The Tragedy of Greenhilt, Prince of Denmark. Classic literature, ruined in the way that only The Order of the Stick can!
- The latest issue of the best-selling The Adventures of Julio Scoundrél comic book, “Julio Scoundrél and the Curse of the Mummy Queen!”
- Extra mini-stories and other stuff that we haven’t even mentioned yet!
Format: 112 pages, mixed color and B&W
Dimensions: 8" x 10"
First Printing: June 2011
Current Printing: 1st (June 2011)
Retail Availability: Currently available.
Wholesale: This title is not available through wholesale channels.
Dragon® is a registered trademark of Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. Usage does not constitute endorsement by Hasbro, Inc., or a challenge to that trademark.”