New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion VI: Ascendancy Mantle of the Playground

That song reminds me of the Yozi...
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Well, then, just go away. (Please don't go away, I love you and want your children)
    Note, though, that this song is a bit spoilery, and he said he hasn't got the game yet, so let's try to stay clear of spoilers.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-09-09 at 03:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't play the game either, but I watched a Let's Play on Youtube. Totally sufficient it for me. Really, the best part about it is the script anyway.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Boom (needs a new name)
    Kamehameha Wave?

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, it doesn't fire a blast of energy. It's a sonic boom, nothing more. The most that will happen to someone is that they'll be launched a few yards.

Though, at essence 4, it might need some more kick to it.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Name it ... Fist Roar !
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe something along these lines?

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

I suggest something like so-

Sonic (light pause) Bewm
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Knockback, Obvious
    Duration: Martial Arts in Actions, or Until Expended
    Prerequisite Charms: Heaven Thunder Hammer

Obviously, if other characters say the name of your charm without a light pause in the middle, you have to be offended at their mispronunciation.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

What if I name it.... Saturday Crush.

Also, anyone think of a (serious) way to make it suitable for an E4 charm?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Surely you mean Saturnday.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Firbolg in the Playground

wink Re: General Exalted Discussion VI: Ascendancy Mantle of the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Surely you mean Saturnday.
    Surely you mean Cecelday.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

For a more serious answer, Hand's Voice Declaration has a nice ring to it. Plus you can say "Talk to the hand!" when you use it.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

13. - Top - End - #1243

GnomePirate

Also, anyone think of a (serious) way to make it suitable for an E4 charm?
    Name it as You please, even as I still prefer Fist Roar. Add Piercing quality if You wish to power up it.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

Why would it be piercing? There's no damage done at all. The only damage is if you happen to hit something sharp.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

That's a projectile attack, actually. Though, someone should make a Calendar Spirit Terrestrial Martial Art with Saturnday Crush, Double Sunday, Dynamite Moonday, and so on.

16. - Top - End - #1246

GnomePirate

You wrote it as a supplemental to ordinary punch, right ? Or I am wrong ?

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone!
    I am new to the forums and Exalted in general but I've played a few sessions and it has been really fun so far. I am wondering if the following is possible.
    Ritual of Elemental Empowerment + my own fists/Wood Dragon's Claw. I am a martial artist with a sorcery background as well. Can RoEE enhance body parts as I attack unarmed? It would be the Air element that I'm interested in because it would lower the speed of my punches. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by BlackMageWins77; 2011-09-12 at 10:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Probably not, as it's meant to work on an object. That said, you could empower a set of gloves, tiger claws, boots... As an alternative, there are charms with lower Speed out there, so long as your motes keep up.

Or use Fair Folk.

Wait, what?

The Hand of Blades

Meant as a gift for a promising Ravager, the Hand bestows great martial might to its owner. It usually manifests as an unusual tattoo around the wrist, but when summoned can instead cover the entire hand of its bearer, imbuing it touch with gossamer thin cutting edges.

1-dot Behemoth (requires 3 committed motes and 1 bp to own a Grace)
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - the Hand becomes a part of its bearer until death.
    Knife Had Dream - if the bearer has Essence 3+, it does +5 damage (aggravated at Essence 5+)
    Armament of Flesh - the Hand gets (Essence) to add to Rate, Accuracy, Defense, or Damage (maximum +4 to any).
    Surpassing Excellence - the Hand gives +2 specialty dice (stacking with existing specialties) when used as a weapon.

Furthermore, the Hand has the characteristics of a Fine Straight Sword, so it's inherently Speed 4. It can (at will) imbue its bearer's unarmed attacks (with the converted hand) with all its bonuses - for 0 motes.

Net result:
    Essence 2:
    Speed 4, Accuracy +4, Damage +3L , Defense +3, Rate 2, +3 points
    Essence 3:
    Speed 4, Accuracy +4, Damage +8L , Defense +3, Rate 2, +4 points
    Essence 4:
    Speed 4, Accuracy +4, Damage +8L , Defense +3, Rate 2, +5 points
    Essence 5:
    Speed 4, Accuracy +4, Damage +8A , Defense +3, Rate 2, +6 points (max +5 to a single attribute)

Good enough?

The next upgrades are:
    - 2-dot Behemoth: Increase Rate, get other bonuses
    - 4-dot Behemoth: Add bonuses to a 3-dot artifact weapon instead of a Straight Sword, for silly stats. Obtain insane soak as a side effect.
    - Heroic Warrior Fair Folk: for 0 (or 1) committed motes (and the occasional enemy's soul), stack all of the above on top of your base weapon of choice (instead of a Straight Sword / artifact weapon), such as boosting Wood Dragon's Claw.
    - Cataphract: for 0 (or 1) committed motes (and the occasional enemy's soul), stack all the above with the ability to reduce the Speed of your actions by 1, possibly parry unblockable attacks, short range teleport, and a reserve pool of motes to do it all with. If you've got a strong Cataphract, add access to any Terrestrial Sorcery you can imagine. Possibly as often as 5 times per scene - but 2-3 times per season is more reasonable.

The fun part? None of this goes away when facing foes dressed in cold iron.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Contrariwise, you could spring for jade hearthstone bracers.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    But that would be too easy.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Ultimately, I think going questing to get ANY of meschlum's creations from the wild is thematically better than the normal process of acquiring hearthstone bracers. Yes, even the very silly ones that eat your soul and produce cheese and wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Preliminary thoughts on Fatexalted. It has some promise, I think, though it could obviously use a bit more content and definitely a cleaning up of the text and layout. Its kind of painful to reference. (It's not meant to be done yet, so this is certainly not a mark against it.)

Still, I completed my first session goal of throwing a zombie extra so hard that it caught fire and exploded (if I'm doing the math correctly on the number of successes I rolled) with enough force to nearly level a sizable city. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so nonsense I did for fun.

This is assumed to occur at Essence 5. Fiend Caste uses their Anima power to learn the Dragonblooded Medicine tree. With five purchases of Hardened Devil Body the fiend has 27 health levels (28 counting incapacitated, which will come up again in a moment). Now the Infernal activates Jade Crucible method by spending a willpower, 2m, and 55 lethal health levels (28 Lethal and 27 wrapping around into Ag due to By Agony Empowered). Rolling Essence + Medicine, boosted by an excellency, he rolls 20 dice. On average, 10 successes. This is on average 550 additional essence to do with as he chooses, which can exceed his normal pool expires at the end of the scene. From here on the possibilities are basically unlimited. I personally like the idea of activating the Godspear.

Alternately, 270 motes on average combined with Ego Infused Pattern Primacy will allow full regeneration and reactivation every 27 minutes, or faster until willpower taps out using Instant Healing (which is mote positive on average).

By essence 10, the potential mote pool has grown enough to put primordials to shame. 95 health levels + 20 average successes comes to 1900 motes, with shenanigans involving Ego Infused Pattern Primacy still being available.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Toss in Sundering the Gates of Death (Fair Folk charm), to convert all your lethal damage into bashing, at any time (maximum once per fortnight). Which adds 50% to your capacity, or so.

And health levels granted by mutations are easy to get - stack as much size as you can (it's cheap via Adjurations and Assumption of Bestial Form at Essence 6+ (4+ with some investment in Ring via Heart Stopping Numinous Power)) for another Essence * 4 HL or thereabouts.

Combine with at-will Celestial Wine to heal all your damage for 0 motes, 0 willpower (Outward Facing Oneiromancy), and Infernals have an excellent reason to bef(r)iend a few Fair Folk.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Bah. I'll see your Essence x4 and raise you.

If using Mutations, Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai allows for 8 purchases of Gargantuan at Essence 5 (for 80 additional health levels), up to 160 additional health levels at essence 10, each of which we naturally count twice for purposes of Maximum Mote Power.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1256

Stacking rules, so only (Essence) purchases apply.

Or (Essence+2), if done via Fair Folk charms and Heart Stopping Numinous Power. Meaning 70 HL (vs 50) via Gargantuan and Fair Folk (requires 4 committed motes, get 6 1-point mutations and 7 points worth of mutations extra) at Essence 5, or 120 HL (vs 100) and 5 committed motes at Essence 10.

Not that it really matters, of course.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Devil Tyrant Avatar. Explicitly breaks those rules: unless the mutations are explicitly mutually exclusive with the other mutations in the stack, they *will* manifest and that is the *only* way they don't manifest.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

So in a few campaign journals and PbPs I've seen it mentioned that Fiends can suspend oaths sworn with their own anima power. My copy of Infernals only says that they can suspend Eclipse and Moonshadow oaths, and further that they can only suspend oaths sanctified by beings with less Essence than theirs, which seems like it would rule out suspending their own oaths. Does the Scroll of Errata change this? Otherwise, what am I missing?
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

The general understanding I've had of it is that since the Fiend Anima power specifies that the oathbinding is mechanically identical to Eclipse and Moonshadow oaths, the circumvention is applicable. Also, there's something so thematically appropriate about making a faustian bargain with a fiend only to find it only applies to her when she wants it to.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215843

Trying to see if I can get anyone to run this crazy idea of mine.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show