As Imhotep ascended into godhood he looked upon his lands and saw workers toiling in the sun, burning, dying. This burdened his heart heavily, and he sought to save them from the heat. And so he used his newly found deific powers, to empower his people with the durability of the scorpion.
His people were able to work in the sun ten times as long as they usually could. They saw that they had power. And they used this power to fight and conquer their enemies, going against Imhotep’s love of peace and pacifism.
Enraged he warped their appearances to fit that of the scorpion they had received their durability from.
They fled from their god. Travelling into the great desert, where they formed tribes and communities. Where they fought wars and conquered cities. A race of war, had been made.
Seteri are bred from war and hatred. They fight and duel instead of paying or bargaining. Their lives are based around small tribes who hunt and farm, and as such are extremely loyal to their allies.
Their faces and bodies look mostly normal, from a human perspective, except for the ocassional shell that apears over it. The rest of their bodies resemble a giant scorpion. A hard carapace, six legs, a tail and pincers make them stand out in the crowd.
Seteri are an average of 6 - 7 feet tall, with the females taking the lead slightly. They weigh more than an average human due to their carapace.
Seteri have strong muscular bodies, with powerful limbs extending from it. Their six legs allow them to run through sand, and their natural weapons allow them to combat effectively unarmed.
A Seteri isn't born in the normal sense. They come out of eggs which are buried in the sand for a week. After they hatch they are forced to stay with their parents wherever that may lead. It is not uncommon to see dozens of little Seteri on a battlefield, following their parents and learning the art of war.
Seteri's relationships are limited to their tribe. In a tribe there are hunters, farmers and warriors. A typical tribe consists of 4 hunters, 5 farmers, 20 warriors and 1 chief. If a tribe's chief is killed then ownership of the tribe confers to the tribe that killed him. In this way tribes can get very large, but there will always be infighting for the position of chief.
Due to their constant bloodlust and warfare, most Seteri are chaotic. They don't usually hold any moral standard, disregarding both good and evil.
Seteri live in desert areas, spread out in their tribes. No one land is reserved to them. Some have been known to move their tribes to forest, mountainous and even arctic environments.
The Seteri shun gods, due to Imhotep's rage.
The Seteri speak common and can also communicate in a special language, which uses echoes that only they can hear. This helps greatly when ambushing or being stealthy.
Male Seteri names tend to end in vowels and involve k's and clicking sounds. While females names usually end with non vowels and involve a lot less clicking.
: Karak'tu, Revkana, Skergi;
: Sevran, Hearav, Sarin;
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: The Seteri have hard shells nd have adapted to the harsh desert conditions, but their isolation from everyone but their tribe leaves them without the necesarry skills to survive anywhere else.
- Humanoid (Insectiod)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Seteri have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Seteri base land speed is 40 feet.
- Natural Attacks: Along with their armor, the Seteri have their own weapons. They have two pincer claw attacks(1d6) and one tail strike(1d8). The tail strike once contained poison, but over the years it has become more common to use it as a weapon than a syringe.
- +4 Natural Armor: The Seteri's exoskeleton is strong and durable, helping to deflect blows placed upon it.
- Divine Punishment: Betrayal by their god has caused them to seeth with hatred at the thought of a divine creature. If the Seteri knows a particular creatures faith he goes into a rage if he attacks the creature. This can only happen once per encounter regardless of the number of creatures.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Seteri. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favoured Class: Warblade
|Seteri Random Starting Ages|| || || |
|Seteri Aging Effects|| || || |
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|20 Years||30 Years||40 Years||+1d10 Years|
|Seteri Random Height and Weight|| || || |
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight|