New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 101110: *ROBOT TAKEOVER*

I'm liking the idea of collectively designing a pony to represent the thread. No offense meant, but having an existing pony that already belongs to somepony get promoted to thread spokespony might cause problems with the "Ask a Character" portion. For instance, if Mask is the threadpony, then I get the feeling the questions we'll get will naturally gravitate towards her, when we'd rather they go to the thread.

Also, I would not wish a 50 pony splash page on anyone.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I'm liking the idea of collectively designing a pony to represent the thread. No offense meant, but having an existing pony that already belongs to somepony get promoted to thread spokespony might cause problems with the "Ask a Character" portion. For instance, if Mask is the threadpony, then I get the feeling the questions we'll get will naturally gravitate towards her, when we'd rather they go to the thread.

Also, I would not wish a 50 pony splash page on anyone.
    Yeah, but the threadpony will supposedly represent 50+ people. How are we supposed to reach a point of consensus? How is this threadpony supposed to answer a question as simple as "Who is best pony?".

3. - Top - End - #993
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agreed, though on that note, some form of character page wouldn't hurt. In fact, it would be nice for our first series of updates to be a short bio on the relevant characters, with the first bio being on the collective known as the ponythread. That way, it's clear there are characters to ask, but really, we'd also like questions fielded to the thread.

And on that note, how the hay do we portray an entire thread?!
    Ask-able people and OCs is easy as adding a link to a "ponythread member page" which I've added and is pending whomever wants a name displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You scrubs can draw your own OCs.

Or you can bribe me into drawing yours.

Either way I'm not doing a 50 pony splash page.

As far as drawing an avatar of the thread itself, it could be in the form of a logo (I like the two hooves we used during our April Fools takeover), or someone can design Thread-chan as a terrible hybrid goddess. Or we can elect a single memorable character as Thread Spokespony (I volunteer Mask for this because she's super easy to draw).
    I'm putting my vote behind some form of logo as it shows more of a solidarity of group. And then for answering questions, whomever is answering can choose *this is going to be by X, or this is by Y*. Where as a specific spokes-character just doesn't seem quite right, it's not really something I can put to words though.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-06-13 at 07:13 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so, i hit WalMart last night on my way home from work

they had just put out a pallet of new coloring/activity books..including Pony

$1.00 price tag so i grabbed one..typical stuff you see in them as far as activities go

the pages for coloring.. it has a solo shot of: Celestia, each of the Mane 6, Spike, one of Twilight + Spike, one of Celestia + thumbnails of (twi/rarity/rarity), LUNA, and the CMC

so they did not forget Luna in this thankfully

took pics of the covers and the Luna page and sent it in to EQD this morning(would have done so last night but i needed to charge the camera)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but the threadpony will supposedly represent 50+ people. How are we supposed to reach a point of consensus? How is this threadpony supposed to answer a question as simple as "Who is best pony?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I'm putting my vote behind some form of logo as it shows more of a solidarity of group. And then for answering questions, whomever is answering can choose *this is going to be by X, or this is by Y*. Where as a specific spokes-character just doesn't seem quite right, it's not really something I can put to words though.
    Good points. Perhaps a single character is a bit much for this many people.

And I think what you're trying to get at, Strife, is that there's never really been a thread spokespony before. There's no one person we can ever point to and say, "This guy, this guy speaks for all of us." In that sense, rotating out who answers wouldn't be a bad idea, seeing how that's basically how we answer questions anyway.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground

How is this threadpony supposed to answer a question as simple as "Who is best pony?".
    The threadpony is a spokesman; she has no opinions of her own. In such a case, the answer would probably come out as some variant of "everypony", "answer unclear; try again later", or maybe "best in what way?"

Strife, is just a name okay, or do you also want some manner of picture, description, and/or life story? Because I've got Yellow Book, if that's all the information you need on him.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

7. - Top - End - #997
    Colossus in the Playground

Ask-able people and OCs is easy as adding a link to a "ponythread member page" which I've added and is pending whomever wants a name displayed.
    I volunteer Mask and Charger for this.

8. - Top - End - #998

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Strife, is just a name okay, or do you also want some manner of picture, description, and/or life story? Because I've got Yellow Book, if that's all the information you need on him.
    I volunteer Mask and Charger for this.
    I'm thinking something simple like
    *Poster* - *Character(s)*
    and then a description of whatever you feel is necessary(on the character or the poster, or some on both), whether that be personality traits, physical description, likes and dislikes, whatever. I'd say keep it no more than a few sentences, rule of thumb I would say to stay around 5.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

It might be nice having a record of sorts of the numerous baffling OC's floating around, especially the ones with loads of RP history from earlier Ponythread days.

I'd be interested to see a Ponythread-chan, but fear it would either end up as some kind of horrible, akira style monstrosity or a dangerous lunatic. A Logo might be better, and the one used on GITP for pony-day is a nice link to where we're from.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

The whole 50+ ponies picture keeps coming up and it just won't go away. The thing is, I mean, there's no definitive index of what all the ponies look like, as well as what their cutie marks look like. I mean, there's like ~16.8 million color variation possibilities alone, and that's not taking into mind that ponies have different hair styles, accessories, and whatnot.

So like, yeah. If anyone really wants that 50 pony picture, start indexing everybody's OCs so artist types actually know what to draw. Otherwise, you know, we'll draw an octopus or something.

Actually, you know what? Couldn't we do something like a FlockDraw or something like that but better because I don't know a thing about FlockDraw so there has to be something better than that to just have one big whiteboard that everybody draws a themselves into one big picture?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-06-13 at 07:46 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    The whole 50+ ponies picture keeps coming up and it just won't go away. The thing is, I mean, there's no definitive index of what all the ponies look like, as well as what their cutie marks look like. I mean, there's like ~16.8 million color variation possibilities alone, and that's not taking into mind that ponies have different hair styles, accessories, and whatnot.

So like, yeah. If anyone really wants that 50 pony picture, start indexing everybody's OCs so artist types actually know what to draw. Otherwise, you know, we'll draw an octopus or something.

Actually, you know what? Couldn't we do something like a FlockDraw or something like that but better because I don't know a thing about FlockDraw so there has to be something better than that to just have one big whiteboard that everybody draws a themselves into one big picture?
    Well, I have the unfortunate problem of having a pony, but no drawing talent. For the record (and my own personal records), here he is:

Spoiler
    Show

Going to need a TON more fleshing-out if he's going to be getting questions. Not to mention a proper name. Because I don't think I can keep using Amish Pirate for this guy.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Ask The Ponies in the Playground
    Ask The Playground Ponies
    Ask those lazy bums with nothing better to do
    OFC Bombardments and more!

As far as description goes:

"We're a diverse bunch of ponies. Join us as we discuss philosophy, bombard the earth with unsafe amounts of friendship radiation, and generally have a good time. We might even answer questions."
    I like the top one as a title, for what I feel are obvious reasons. The description sounds good, but it feels like something is missing. I can't place my Pinkie-Pie-Patented-Foam-Finger on it though.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I have the unfortunate problem of having a pony, but no drawing talent.
    Thing is, some 40 ponies will also be drawn by folks of approximately the same talent, and any pony's better than no pony. Besides, non-pony ponythreaders like me will make everypony else look better in comparison. I don't know, my day off's tomorrow, if things don't explode in my face maybe I'll draw up a backdrop (something kinda tiered, 'cause everyone will have to draw their ponies small to fit on the canvas), throw it out, and see if it gets drawn on.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #1004

...you'd still need a character roster for the blog, right? You could start by pooling the RP chars, OCs and their descriptions together. Somewhere. The more concrete information there is available on everyone in a centralized manner, the easier it'll be for everyone to, say, draw said characters for answer scenes and various blog-related paraphernalia...

*Sean Mirrsen absolutely did not ever think of trying to draw a collective ponythread picture, did not have any fun ideas about how to go about it, and was never prevented from even starting on it by his not knowing a damn thing about 80% of people on the thread*

>_>

<_<

*He does, however, know it'd be a gundamn crazy idea to try to draw something of that scale in any sort of detail, especially with his wonky schedules and inspiration, regardless of any amount of available information and moral support*
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

It is kinda shame that crookedtrees stopped that Pinkamina. I really enjoyed it, but I think he just didn't want to be tied to it or something.

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. We have more than our fair share of writers and artists. Have an organizer/moderator person to run the basics of it. Hijinks ensue, basically all is normal.

And I'm actually really liking this idea, I'm willing to organize and all that jazz if others want to work together on this.
    You know, I'd probably help out, but this has always been a writers' forum first and artists'... a bit behind that, so the blog would probably end up most text (what is the ratio here anyway, like five writers to the artist or what?)

Also if I may toss my two cents in here, logo first, then character introductions, when that is done and we have established that this is actually a thing going to happen and keep happening we can make a big group shot (Heck, I might do it myself).

EDIT: well, obviously Sean would be more qualified than I am (Read: His art is passable) to do it.

"We're a diverse bunch of ponies. Join us as we discuss philosophy, bombard the earth with unsafe amounts of friendship radiation, and generally have a good time. We might even answer questions."
    What an excellent idea, we will center it around one of the most tiresome and played out jokes in the fandom, which is repeated and enjoyed in here by about three people.

Alternatively, why don't we not. Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as unnecessarily hostile here but I know for a fact there are people in the chat who have stopped reading the thread because they are so tired of it.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-06-13 at 08:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Ask Thread ponies

So basically we either have a single schizo pony or a changeling answering questions?
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not so sure about write-responses. I think the focus should be, where possible, on drawn ones. Quality of drawing etc is of course 100% irrelevant.

At least for me, although I don't actively follow any tumblr's (beside ask jappleack which is almost more of a webcomic at this point) if I did, it would be the ones with all or almost all art wherever possible.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm not so sure about write-responses. I think the focus should be, where possible, on drawn ones. Quality of drawing etc is of course 100% irrelevant.

At least for me, although I don't actively follow any tumblr's (beside ask jappleack which is almost more of a webcomic at this point) if I did, it would be the ones with all or almost all art wherever possible.
    I agree, of course, all art would be much preferable. I'm less sure if it is actually feasible, however.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    I agree, of course, all art would be much preferable. I'm less sure if it is actually feasible, however.
    Between yourself, myself, Thanqol, Druid Droid, Diego Havoc, Bakuel, other ponydrawthread ir- and para-regulars and anyone I forgot, I think we have enough reasonably qualified artists around here to get a decent-ish picture out every once in a while. With everyone else contributing what they can, it's not in the least impossible to keep it "all art".
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like some critiques and comments about this before I toss it to FiMfiction. It's a continuation of the the story where Twilight becomes a vampire.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Between yourself, myself, Thanqol, Druid Droid, Diego Havoc, Bakuel, other ponydrawthread ir- and para-regulars and anyone I forgot, I think we have enough reasonably qualified artists around here to get a decent-ish picture out every once in a while. With everyone else contributing what they can, it's not in the least impossible to keep it "all art".
    I could contribute to arts, although I'm not sure the quality is quite up there.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

@ask-ponythread-discussion

I'm not sure how I'd find the time, and I suspect if I was going to do an ask blog I'd rather do one of my own. Not that I've ever really been into the whole Tumblr thing, though.

I don't know... but I guess I could contribute a little, sometimes, if something picks my fancy. It's not unthinkable. Maybe hand-drawn instead of my usual vector work... I could use the practice, and it might be faster to do simple sketches.

Also I don't really have an OC. I suppose there's Vertex, but she never really had much of a story or anything. And there's Deadly, the raccoon, I suppose he's as much an OC as any but not really much of a pony.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh* Why do the interesting conversations always start when I'm asleep?

It is kinda shame that crookedtrees stopped that Pinkamina. I really enjoyed it, but I think he just didn't want to be tied to it or something.

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. We have more than our fair share of writers and artists. Have an organizer/moderator person to run the basics of it. Hijinks ensue, basically all is normal.

And I'm actually really liking this idea, I'm willing to organize and all that jazz if others want to work together on this.
    This sounds like an awesome idea. I'd be more than happy to donate my own brand of ponysanity to the effort.

I'd see a question like "Who is best pony" as devolving into a brawl between our various avatars/OCs over the answer. In other words, business as usual.

Well, I have the unfortunate problem of having a pony, but no drawing talent. For the record (and my own personal records), here he is:

Spoiler
    Show

Going to need a TON more fleshing-out if he's going to be getting questions. Not to mention a proper name. Because I don't think I can keep using Amish Pirate for this guy.
    I'm in the same boat, to be honest. Beyond my efforts with the pony creator, I have zero drawing talent of any kind.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure if this has been linked yet, but: Slice of Pony Life tumblr by Egophiliac, who also does Woonastuck.

Like Woonastuck, this is freakin' adorable!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    What what? Did that get retconned as part of the new Necron fluff? Used to be they very specifically didn't use the warp.
    If you want to be specific they have access to the Webway, but yep. Also they rebelled against the C'tan and the upper level ones now have factions and identity. Course they're even more like Tomb Kings but ultimately I'll shrug. I lost most affection for the Necrons the moment they gained the word 'C'tan' anyways so its a step in a right direction on balance.

(Now a reason for Necrons to fight Necrons afterall)

I'd be willing to contribute to some answers to things but I can't draw. Its a cool idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    So basically we either have a single schizo pony or a changeling answering questions?
    One could also draw up some templates for everypony's ponytars to provide answers though that could get a bit old.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

My two bits into a Ask tumblr, if we're going to have multiple characters/OCs answer questions, it might make sense that we have a "cast" page, so that people have an idea of who they're talking to. Nothing elaborate, maybe just a short bit about their name, who they think is best pony, and favorite hobbies.

I would also like to contribute to that tumblr in anyway that I can.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

I meant to post before, but this tumblr, was an ask blog of a bunch of the authors OCs together. Basically, you choose somepony to ask a question to, then ask it. there's a cast page with info on all the ponies, plus I think the first post was an intro to the team. Could be used for inspiration.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

All of them. Duh.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Question about BronyCon: does anyone know how great a part of it will be recorded for the internet? I just went through the panel schedule and there's sooo many things I wish I could see. Being 1) busy with work and 2) on a different continent makes it pretty much impossible for me to go, so I'm hoping for maximum coverage.

In particular, I'm hoping to see the panels with Lauren Faust and John de Lancie, of course, but the musicians panel, the voice actor panels, the Friendship is Witchcraft panel, the psychology and academic studies panels and the concerts at the end is stuff I'm really hoping will be covered as well.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

30. - Top - End - #1020

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    What an excellent idea, we will center it around one of the most tiresome and played out jokes in the fandom, which is repeated and enjoyed in here by about three people.

Alternatively, why don't we not. Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as unnecessarily hostile here but I know for a fact there are people in the chat who have stopped reading the thread because they are so tired of it.
    Three people? I know about the one-trick pony and his undead oneupmaneship partner, but who else enjoys it?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!