New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 101110: *ROBOT TAKEOVER*

Thread avatar:
    (Throwing Ideas)

Name: Giantess "Tess" Threadmaker ?? . (Edit: Shipmaker?)

Cutie Mark:
    1.- Asking for permission to use the footprint/hoofprint seems like a hassle (bothering rich&mods). It's not ok to use an original version? something like switched positions of the prints, colors and pointing down?
    2.- Roman Numerals according to the thread? We would need to continously update her though
    3.- Herself? Recursive cutie mark is recursive cutie mark is recursive cutie mark (kill me)

In other news (might be old): One of my favourite brony anthems Proud to be a brony will be used in the upcoming super documentary. : *yay*
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-06-15 at 11:52 AM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like "Jitty/Jetty Pea", except it sort of sounds like something you'd name a boat. I guess it's sort of appropriate... shipping and whatnot.

What would Jetty Pea's cutie mark be, then? For some reason the only idea I have is a light-colored silhouette of a tiny yacht (in profile) against a dark-color silhouette of a front view of a battleship. Something like this, or a stylization thereof.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ettin in the Playground

Just dropping to say that I think the tumblr idea is quite novel, though the issue of who is supposed to run this arises.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-06-15 at 12:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I like "Jitty/Jetty Pea", except it sort of sounds like something you'd name a boat. I guess it's sort of appropriate... shipping and whatnot.

What would Jetty Pea's cutie mark be, then? For some reason the only idea I have is a light-colored silhouette of a tiny yacht (in profile) against a dark-color silhouette of a front view of a battleship. Something like this, or a stylization thereof.
    Two peas in a pod?

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

For some reason I visualize random ideas faster and easier than anything I plan for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Link (1800x1200 img)
    This is a really awesome picture. I approve of this Tumblr idea, even if we don't quite get it going just for producing this art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    And it's incurable, I'm afraid.
    Why would you want to cure it?

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I'd help, but I don't have a pony of my own, so I can't update the list.
    Oh, don't be so modest. Since you already posted the list, we know empirically that lack of a personal pony wouldn't prevent updates. Plus, this is the perfect time for you to get your own OC pony. *nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    1.- Asking for permission to use the footprint/hoofprint seems like a hassle (bothering rich&mods). It's not ok to use an original version? something like switched positions of the prints, colors and pointing down?
    It's not really that hard. Kpenguin might randomly read this. If not, and nobody objects over the next several hours, I'll PM him at some point this evening and ask.

Also, as a more general point, I absolutely refuse to take charge of any organization over this tumblr, but I'm going to point out several things that should be considered if we actually want to get this running.
    1. How frequently it updates
    2. Type of updates (I am aware people have already said they prefer pictures, but if we decide on a frequent schedule, it might be appropriate to intersperce text or stock picture updates).
    3. Artist rotation. Seriously, don't mess around with people saying they'll collaborate or whatever, just put all the volunteers in an arbitrary order and set deadlines.
    4. Sources for questions. This is a big one. Are we going to advertise on reddit and EQD and hope to bring people in? Are we going to make a thread on the giantitp general forum titled "ponythread answers your questions!" or something similar? Will we just go the nepotism route and ask each other questions?
    5. How to answer questions. Some possibilities
    • Rotation, same as for the artists. Take all volunteers, roll dice.
    • Post on thread with deadline and administrator takes most common or consensus answer (e.g. discussion on this question starts at 0:00 GMT on X day and will end at 0:00 GMT on Y day)
    • Both of the above. Limited discussion time and then a designated person in the rotation gets to select the final answer to be put up, rather than the tumblr admin having to do it every time.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-06-15 at 01:00 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Orc in the Playground

For some reason I visualize random ideas faster and easier than anything I plan for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Link (1800x1200 img)
    This is GREAT, and...
    : <SweetyBellSpeak> I really like her mane! </SweetyBellSpeak>

That's the length I imagined when commenting the first drawing.

Also, A quick view of Pinkie's Mind:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-06-15 at 01:16 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pinkies thought process is quite quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    4. Sources for questions. This is a big one. Are we going to advertise on reddit and EQD and hope to bring people in? Are we going to make a thread on the giantitp general forum titled "ponythread answers your questions!" or something similar? Will we just go the nepotism route and ask each other questions?
    • Post on thread with deadline and administrator takes most common or consensus answer (e.g. discussion on this question starts at 0:00 GMT on X day and will end at 0:00 GMT on Y day)
    • Both of the above. Limited discussion time and then a designated person in the rotation gets to select the final answer to be put up, rather than the tumblr admin having to do it every time.
    4. I assumed we were keeping it to playgrounders, at least at the beginning. Not all bronies are adapted to our particular brand of ponysanity.
    5. If we're having our OCs take part then just insist that anyone who has a question directs it to a particular pony. If it's just going to be thread-chan, or whatever we call her, then I don't know.

Suddenly, comics! Thousands of them! (or, about half a dozen. Whatever)

Princess Celestia at her bestia.
    Spoiler
    Show

Inappropriate Sweetie Belle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dashie and Soarin' get closer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

A selection of Spike comics.
    Spoiler
    Show

And I won't ruin this one with words.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Also, as a more general point, I absolutely refuse to take charge of any organization over this tumblr, but I'm going to point out several things that should be considered if we actually want to get this running.
    1. How frequently it updates
    2. Type of updates (I am aware people have already said they prefer pictures, but if we decide on a frequent schedule, it might be appropriate to intersperce text or stock picture updates).
    3. Artist rotation. Seriously, don't mess around with people saying they'll collaborate or whatever, just put all the volunteers in an arbitrary order and set deadlines.
    Some thoughts;
    I'm not sure if deadlines and strict rotations are the best way to go. I'm not sure they're not either, but I could see it being offputting potentially, especially if people who aren't otherwise confident artists are considering joining in. Which they should, I mean, if they want to and it's not a bother.

What I envisioned was more on the lines of, Organiser posts questions gathered (from wherever however) into ponythread. Interested Artponies then do a reply picture, send to Organiser. Calling dibs as required perhaps, but I'm not sure that's really necessary. If any one artist is posting so many that it starts looking like their private tumblr then that's not a problem, that would just mean that they should start their own tumblr, spreading their wings as it were. Which would mean a net gain in pony-art. Or something.

Also, I totally vote for Nepotism. Theory is, if nothing else we can at least be our own audience and that would be fine. If it ever grows beyond that, then that's also fine, but as long as it results in pony-art, it's all good.

Still don't feel the need for giant-related pony-ness, but that last sketch alone was good enough that the idea of a X-mares style mutant-pony with the power to (Randomly) grow in size kind of grew on me a little there.

Anyway, assuming a non-deadline based chaotic free for all model, I may be tempted to occaisionally pitch in. So, yeah. See Below.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: [No actual name yet] aka The Ponithid
    Cutie Mark: None yet formed.
    Type: Earth Pony/Other.

Bio: The Ponithid was grown in a Blender run-off vat that was mistaken for a sophisticated Bio-Engineering suite. Essentially childlike, she talks haltingly but her vocabulary is growing steadily. She is quite good at finding things that aren't hers and delivering messages quickly by not always remembering to travel through intervening space.

She has tentacle mouthparts and instead of her mane and tail, but she keeps them to herself because she is a good pony and is being raised better than that.

Personal Space. No entry.

May or may not be Vegetarian.

Unofficial OC Pony Index Wham Wham Sugarcube!
    Anarion, Quantum Mareuit, presumedly his avatar.
    Balmas, Balmas, avatar and description.
    Deadly, Vertex. On Deviantart.
    HalfTangible, Lone Star, description only.
    Maxtronaut, Clockwork, presumedly avatar and description.
    Pokonic, Silent Night, presumedly avatar and description provided.
    TheAmishPirate, Unnamed Pony pontentially named Amish Pirate, Picture.
    thubby, thubby, avatar and description.
    Tiki Snakes, The Ponithid, Description and Picture
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-06-15 at 02:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    -Ponylist-
    I know I've got a picture of Lone Star before losing his wing somewhere...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1151

@Thanqol

Quick question:

What does MSTK mean?

Also, thanks for the review!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    @Thanqol

Quick question:

What does MSTK mean?

Mystery Science Theatre Three Thousand.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Link (1800x1200 img)
    Wonderful. This looks good, and you should feel good.

Also, I support the Horseshoe cuti mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154

It occurs to me that I need to go back and re-read several pages, because somehow I have no idea what's going on with this Tumblr thingy. Also, I need to name my OC, it would seem.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Barbarian in the Playground

please do not state trope names as if they are arguments or accepted facts in themselves. They are not.
    I use them as examples

And Tetris effect only applies with exposure (and before that it was a keyboard thing, and before that a typewriter thing). It's not the tetris effect. You have pony on the brain.
    ....I've kinda been seeing them a lot, so it got on the brain cuz of that, I'm HEAVILY prone to that
    Though worth it cuz I liked it
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-15 at 03:31 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    @Thanqol

Quick question:

What does MSTK mean?

what in the name of thor happened?
    i look away for a day and you put out so many chapters.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

17. - Top - End - #1157

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    It occurs to me that I need to go back and re-read several pages, because somehow I have no idea what's going on with this Tumblr thingy. Also, I need to name my OC, it would seem.
    Simply:
    • thubby said "how hasn't there been an ask ponythread yet?"
    • I answered that I really liked the idea and was willing to organize if people wanted to.
    • People wanted to.
    • ????
    • Profit
    • Discussing how things are to be run.
    • OCs, OCs everywhere.
    • Something about a thread-chan (this is where I got partially lost)
    • *Modern Era*

For questions I'm thinking a google doc with the list of questions both archived/answered ones with new ones at either the top or bottom.

I'd like more input on whether people would rather have a bit more free-form on who answers what (claim-a-question style) or more structured (This time will be done by this person and next time is next person etc.). Or is there a better option that no one has voiced yet?

I was thinking for when things get set in how we do things this question (from tumblrbot) could be a nice introduction post:
    Spoiler
    Show

It could be rather fitting, and help set up the idea of multiple artists and OCs as answering questions.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Simply:
    • thubby said "how hasn't there been an ask ponythread yet?"
    • I answered that I really liked the idea and was willing to organize if people wanted to.
    • People wanted to.
    • ????
    • Profit
    • Discussing how things are to be run.
    • OCs, OCs everywhere.
    • Something about a thread-chan (this is where I got partially lost)
    • *Modern Era*
    I just jumped in the thread-chan discussion, I learned better than to try to keep afloat of the ponymadness in this place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    For questions I'm thinking a google doc with the list of questions both archived/answered ones with new ones at either the top or bottom.
    Hey that's a great I-Deee-A!

Anyway I like to throw around ideas and solutions, but given that my artistic ability is beyond -1, I could only help with technical problems, or if for some reason you have a coding issue (like if some custom tumblr setup is not working). In any case, would try to help on anything that my knowledge/abilities allow

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh... Zecora, she's a pain to write.

That is all.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Banned

On notepad: I was. It hiccuped, I pasted info, then minimized the program, got more quotes, came back, an the paste had undone itself. I threw a bunch of papers in the air and decided to go-go dance in frustration.

Or maybe that was a hallucination? I'm not 100% on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I use them as examples
    This is not true. You frequently respond with stuff like "but Humans are the best because they ave access to the most powerful force in the universe! " none of which is an argument for how any of that stuff works other than being stated and then taken for truth. It's frustrating when somepony goes through the trouble of linking you to academic studies, quoting the relevant point an then explaining it, and your rebuttal is to link a trope, post a smilie and then assume you've defeated them.

....I've kinda been seeing them a lot, so it got on the brain cuz of that, I'm HEAVILY prone to that
    Though worth it cuz I liked it
    Well there we go. You liked pony. Case dismissed.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Ugh... Zecora, she's a pain to write.

That is all.
    Very true, you must rehearse
    The art of lines wrote in verse
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-06-15 at 04:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    That'd flow better as 'written', not write.
    :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

We're sharing desktops now? Well, why not ...

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, my real desk? Sometimes I forget I have a real desk

My desk is really super boring. It's not always this neat, mind you, but I rarely keep interesting stuff like books or whatever on it. Just cups and bottles and food. And dust! So much dust!

Also I need more posters and more pony merch. It's shameful, I know

Spoiler
    Show

Just me, or has imgur been difficult for a long time now? I can almost never log in on first try, and uploading fails way too often.

Yeah, nothing grimdark here Thanks, though
    Your work area... It's so... tidy. Mine is covered in recording equipment and speakers and graphic tablets and empty Pocky boxes and ponies.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-06-15 at 05:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Rhyming has given me a headache
    I think it is more than I can take

It's one thing to rhyme, it gets worse when you have to make her give specific, very carefully worded information

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Your work area... It's so... tidy. Mine is covered in recording equipment and speakers and graphic tablets and empty Pocky boxes and ponies.
    I like it neat, although I do wish I had more pony to put on my walls and desk. Also, as I said, it's not always that neat

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Though of my talents there are many
    For poetry... there isn't any?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

Though of my talents there are many
    For poetry... there isn't any?
    Well, using 'written' would give you one too many syllables, unless you could also add one to the first line. Unless of course you don't care for syllable counts, which I'm not sure Zecora does. But now I wonder, anyone know if she does?

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Zecora only cares about rhyming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1168

Well, using 'written' would give you one too many syllables, unless you could also add one to the first line. Unless of course you don't care for syllable counts, which I'm not sure Zecora does. But now I wonder, anyone know if she does?
    Consistent meter she retains
    Through most - not all - of her refrains.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

29. - Top - End - #1169

This is relevant to the current discussion.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

30. - Top - End - #1170

This is not true. You frequently respond with stuff like "but Humans are the best because they ave access to the most powerful force in the universe! " none of which is an argument for how any of that stuff works other than being stated and then taken for truth. It's frustrating when somepony goes through the trouble of linking you to academic studies, quoting the relevant point an then explaining it, and your rebuttal is to link a trope, post a smilie and then assume you've defeated them.
    K then, would try to not post tropes around in a discussion (but sincerely, I only remember using them as examples or for fun (or trying to fun...) )....
    ...Wait, just dinamyte????

Well there we go. You liked pony. Case dismissed.
    ....It's cuz they're everywhere! and cuz I liked Fallout: Equestria, Luna Eclipsed and Sonic Rainboom.

And cuz I've had so many ponydreams that I liked it even more
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-15 at 05:51 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show