New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Mecha Sky Pirates IC

"Damn straight," Erich said, keeping a calm voice for Kamome's benefit, even as warning lights told him enemy fire was chewing into hsi right leg and shredding the pseudomuscle myomers controlling the limb.

"I just plan on dropping below the cloud cover for coverw before restarting." A plan based mostly on the fact that, for all his efforts, the thrusters were definitely not restarting before then.

((Toughness: 1d20+10=22
    Injured (-3) and stunned))
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Kamome

Kamome forced her hands to stop. They were shaking, but it was like her arms were rigid. Her stomach was sick. She felt like the pressure was still building.

Ms. Sylvia's words...
    and Mr. Erich's voice...

"..B.but..."
    There was a little comfort. But she was cold. Kamome bit her lip and looked up again. There were still enemies attacking. They were still shooting at mr. Erich and the others.
    She could try to help Ms. Yasmin like she had before. She could try to save Mr. Erich. She could try to defend the Roc. She could try desperately to help Ms. Alexia, the allied Gale Riders...

All of it. What could she do? What did she want to do?

She didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

And so, Kamome pulled the trigger again, as she aimed up at her 2 targets, even as she tried to place her own Gale Rider between the enemy and Mr. Erich's mecha. As the enemy tried to change to compensate, Kamome would match him even as the targeting computer screamed at her. Hopefully at least, she could protect him for a minute.

Spoiler
    Show

Outmaneuver enemy AGRA who was shooting at Erich to get bonus to attack
    (Pilot) (1d20+14)[29]

Attack the enemy AGRA who was shooting
    (1d20+7)[11]

Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

The mysterious white knight's entrance made Mari pause for a second. ...And he's got a sword, too. That's just too cool. Suddenly, the Ulysses's missile lock alarm started blaring, signaling the Angry Bees' salvo and snapping her out of her fascination.

She immediately dove, drawing the missiles after her, and then pulled up as hard as she could. Her vision went white, but she could hear the missiles exploding harmlessly as they just couldn't keep up with her turn. "Cheeh, that was close."

"Oi, if you're not doing anything, shoot these pests for me."
    She apparently couldn't be bothered, as she yanked the charging handle of her rifle back to eject the spent cartridge, and took aim at the other Serpent. This time she doesn't even have to worry about the hangar door closing on her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Like last time, outmaneuver for damage, and then sniping the target.

(1d20+10)[25]

Also, in case I can roll Notice as a reaction: (1d20+4)[22]

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

"What a glorious battle..." Alexia grumbles as she flies low out of everyone's line of fire toward Erich. She grabs Erich's Gale Rider and pulls it toward the Roc. "Heave-ho! Huh, at least I managed to do something in this battle. Open the hangar door, guys."

(taking 10 on piloting)
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-04-28 at 02:30 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Either as a result of bad luck or bad aim resulting from daydreaming about the white knight, Mari's bullet ricochets off the Serpent's armor, without penetrating it. The Perseus pilots seem to listen to her, because they fire at the AGRBs, though without much results - they shoot down only one of the Ataraguan mecha. Is it a coincidence that the green one scored the hit? Probably not.

Mari's (and anyone else's who has the time to pay attention) observation reveals what's weird with the knight's sword - it has no edge! The cutting part is absent, with just a long, empty gap in its place, making the weapon look a bit like a giant, blade-less potato peeler. At least that was the case just a moment ago, because suddenly the gap fills with some sort of bright, yellow energy, and the Hercules rushes towards the group of three AGRBs! The beam blade proves that it's at least as good at cutting as a real one, if not more, because the mysterious pilot cleaves through all three machines in one swipe. The energy disappears again as the enemies explode behind the white mech's back.

The Jaguar opens fire at the white Hercules. As if its pilot needed to prove his skill even further, he moves out of the area of fire quickly. This Hercules is much faster than normal ones...

The AGRAs fire a barrage of grenades at Mari. Two of them manage to connect - an explosive one, and one with this blasted immobilizing foam!
    (Attack roll 19, Toughness save DC 27.
    Snare - attack roll 25, Reflex save DC 22.)

"Enough with your childish insults! Die, here and now!" Sandro Jones slashes at Yasmin with ferocious, quick strikes of his whirring chainsword.
    (Attack roll 25, Toughness save DC 33.)

Kamome opens fire at the AGRA, but misses her target.

Alexia, now free from the mass of restricting foam, manages to grab Erich's falling unit. It doesn't appear that any of the enemies noticed.
    "Understood. I'm opening the door for you now!", Enya responds to the request from the Roc's bridge. "Mr. Johnson, prepare to take a look at the docking Gale Riders."
    Unfortunately, Mr, Johnson, aka Demo, is out of the hangar at the moment and most likely can't hear that.

Battle situation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Groups - distance in feet from Long Port:

Jaguar

Sandro's AGRB
    Yasmin

Serpent

3*AGRA (minion)

White Hercules (ally)

1*AGRA (minion)
    1*AGRA (minion) X

Kamome
    Erich
    Alexia

1*AGRB (minion) X

Mari Pryce

Jacobin

Sabata

2*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

the Roc

Initiative:
    Yasmin, Erich and Sabata
    Enemy Mecha (marked with X)
    Mari
    Defenders of Long Port
    Mysterious Ally
    Enemy Planes + X-less enemy mecha
    Kamome, Alexia
    Jacobin and everyone aboard the Roc <-
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-04-29 at 05:11 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Sabata

Sabata swiftly moves his mech into position next to Kamome's. "I've got your back, Kamome. Stay close, we'll be able to cover one another. We need to clear these enemies out so we can hit those planes and help out Yasmin. Just stay calm and keep moving, keep shooting, and we'll get through this. Okay?"

Sabata lines up another shot on one of the remaining AGRA's guarding the way.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[16]

7. - Top - End - #577
    Banned

Toughness: (1d20+19)[23]
    Outmaneuver (should i get the chance for that): (1d20+16)[32]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[19]

"But it's more...gack." Yasmin's line was cut short as the chainsword hit her gale rider square in the chest tearing the plate open and digging into the hydraulic lines underneath. Frantically trying to keep flight and restore what limited functionality she could, Yasmin began frantically flipping switches and adjusting flaps. It should be able to use alternate systems to compensate, though not to the same degree of control as before.

(So, yeah. I am stunned and staggered now. Curse you Diceroll-tan, you damn yandere!)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2010-04-28 at 11:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Both Sabata and Jacobin destroy one of the enemy mecha - AGRA and AGRB respectively.

(All enemies with Xs are down, so all the players move at the same time now and it's Mari's turn. Post would've been longer, but I'm busy.)

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nuts." Mari frowned as the shot is deflected and racked the bolt once more. Before she could take another shot, however, the muzzle flash of an AGRA's grenade launcher caught her eye. Instinctively, she threw her mecha aside, narrowly avoiding an expanding cloud of the damn foam.

Almost immediately, a barrage of grenades pierced the cloud. She screamed in surprise as the grenades impacted against the armour of her Ulysses, covering it in explosions and smoke.

After a moment, an unharmed Gale Rider blasted through the smoke screen, brandishing its machine gun. "You bastards are dead!" an indignant Mari yelled as she sweeped the group of AGRAs with tracer rounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching guns, outmaneuvering the first AGRA for damage and autofiring at the group of three.

(1d20+7)[27]
    (1d20+7)[13]
    (1d20+7)[21]

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Thanks for the save," Erich said, a bit breathlessly. His momentary relief was cut short as Yasmin's transmission was cut short and her Herc started to plummet. "Come on, come on!" he urged his own machine, stabbing at the controls. They needed him out there...

((Still stunned.))

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Sabata

Sabata swiftly moves his mech into position next to Kamome's. "I've got your back, Kamome. Stay close, we'll be able to cover one another. We need to clear these enemies out so we can hit those planes and help out Yasmin. Just stay calm and keep moving, keep shooting, and we'll get through this. Okay?"

Sabata lines up another shot on one of the remaining AGRA's guarding the way.
    Kamome

"Y-yes sir!" Kamome managed to respond, feeling a little of the pressure disappearing as mr. Sabata came beside her. Erich's gale rider was okay...for now.

But even as that relief was there, Yasmin' gale rider had trouble in her fight...and it was looking bad. Mr. Sabata told her she had to stay calm. Just stay calm. Trust Yasmin.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure exactly how many enemies are left..so Kamome will shoot at one of the normal kind. Hopefully also moving closer towards Yasmin and the boss.

Attack: (1d20+7)[12]

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Mari shoots off all of the limbs of one of the AGRAs, forcing its pilot to punch out before the whole thing explodes. One of the other two dodges, while the other one receives only minimal damage.

"The Roc, if you're not doing anything at the moment, would you mind moving a bit closer and firing at the enemy flagship?", Captain Jacobin radios.
    "Yes sir! Just make sure all the enemies won't focus fire at us, alright?" Enya sounds kinda cheerful, considering the whole situation.
    "Okay! Someone who's going to get a free beer later repaired the cannon." Daniel, on the other hand, is as laidback as ever. "Opening fire!"
    The repaired gun holds, for now - it sends an exploding shell towards the Jaguar, shaking it upon impact.
    (1 damage)

The white knight also targets one of the Ataraguan planes, but it's the Serpent this time. He draws his second weapon - a large, three-barreled chaingun, and opens fire, sending shells everywhere! Small explosions surround the Serpent, one of its engines blows up, and it starts to fall down - but the Hercules keeps firing, until the plane itself explodes violently.

The remaining Ataraguan soldiers don't take that well.
    "This guy is a monster! Let's retreat!"
    "Stand ground and fight, for the glory of your country! This is an order!" Sandro Jones goes after the falling Yasmin, trying to slash at her mech again with his chainsword. But right before he connects, suddenly an intensive burst of machinegun fire forces him to retreat! It's the other four Perseuses, who regrouped and open defensive fire to cover Yasmin until she recovers.
    "Hope you don't mind.", comments the barely-understandable due to static voice.
    (All 4 of your allies are using Aid [+defense] on Yasmin.)

The Jaguar's cannons roar again, filling the air with explosions! Its target is the biggest concentration of enemy Gale Riders - which means Kamome, Sabata, Alexia and Erich!
    (Reflex save DC 18, Toughness save DC 27/21 on passed reflex. This attack happens when Erich is no longer stunned.)

Two of the remaining three AGRAs keep firing grenades at Mari (they must be running low on machinegun rounds), while the third one charges with a knife and stabs. The third one is the only one that connects.
    (Attack roll 25, Toughness save DC 27.)

Battle Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Jaguar

Sandro's AGRB

Yasmin

2*AGRA (minion)

White Hercules (ally)

2*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

Kamome
    Erich
    Alexia
    Sabata

Mari Pryce
    1*AGRA (minion)

Jacobin

the Roc

Everyone can move now, so no initiative order needed.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-04-29 at 02:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Got it!" Erich cried as Die Valkure's engines raored back to life, and he detached from Alexia's arm. Not a moment too soon, too, as the Atarguan battleship's cannon encased the whole group in a inky cloud of shrapnel. High-velocity shards of metal clawed at the machine's armor but failed to penetrate its hide.

Making a couple of adjustments to the trim to compensate for battle damage, Erich roared up and after Commander Jones, cautiously probing his defenses with the chainsword.

((Reflex: 1d20+13=20
    Half damage is insufficient to penetrate the Impervious.
    Move: To melee.
    Free: Outmanuever Jones for +2 Defense. 1d20+23=36
    Standard: Aiding Yasmin's defense. 5 points Defensive Attack, and then taking off another four for defensive stance, total defense 25. 1d20-1=5.))

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Like that's going to work! Disregarding the grenades going wild, Mari smirked at the enemy pilot's recklessness and dodged to the left.

Then an impact jarred the cockpit - she had misjudged the speed of the charging AGRA. The knife cut deep into her Gale Rider's side, and apparently shorted something vital: The whole interface died, and with the loss of controls the robot started spiralling towards the ground.

"No way." Her grin froze as she felt gravity overthrow the tyranny of jet engines.

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp, karma strikes back. One point of damage.
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2010-04-29 at 03:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Banned

Sylvia didn't exactly like the way one of these ships was destroyed. The mysterious ally was really bloodthirsty, maybe callously so even. But then, if what the prince has said is true, he and his kind has suffered much from Ataraguan hands. She could understand the pent up negative emotions.

So rather than try to ponder his motives, she focuses on motivating her friends.
    "Alright, everyone! This is our chance - you beat the enemy commander, and everyone else turns tail and runs away. Strike the decisive blow now! Do it for me, okay?"

(Rousing Speech, +2 attack for Yasmin, Alexia, Kamome and Sabata)

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Kamome

Even as Kamome tries to head towards Yasmin, a big explosion slams her against the side of her cockpit. Stunned by the blast, Kamome tried to keep steady. Her ears hurt. Her head hurt. If only she had her goggles...

(I think it is 'stunned+bruised+injured')

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex: (1d20+7)[14]
    Toughness: (1d20+9)[22]

If it is possible, she will move closer to the enemy boss and attack the 'minions' still (two attacks with autofire)

Attack: (1d20+7)[26]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[8]
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-04-29 at 10:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Banned

Staying in control: (1d20+14)[28]
    Outmaneuvering Sandro (+defense): (1d20+18)[24]

"Focus on someone else, willya. I'm busy here, no time to take potshots." Yasmin's voice over the radio was clearly strained and distracted as she spoke. Trying to find ways to make alternative hydraulics compensate for the loss her Hercules had experienced and to do it while staying in the air and keeping a psychopath at bay was tricky work. Still it seemed like the damage wasn't as bad as she thought and...there. "That should do it. No need to worry about my anymore, good as new."

(And going for full Withstand Damage, better toughness saves still improves my chances.)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2010-04-30 at 04:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Sabata

The old man's mecha is suddenly engulfed in an oily black cloud of shrieking shrapnel, the deafening blasts of the cannons striking close home around the him, one almost striking dead on. Armor and steel are sheared, wrenched, and torn by the impressive display of firepower, structural framework being exposed to the sky as the guns speak with a sound of thunder.

19. - Top - End - #589

"Gah!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[13]+10 reflex, with evasion 2

Alexia releases Erich's Gale Rider and veer wildly in time. She manages to dodge the explosion quite easily, but she notices that her friends aren't that lucky.

"Kamo-chan!" Unlike the others, she and her aren't professional soldiers. She's not supposed to be involved in all this, that young girl is supposed to enjoy the sky on a free merchant ship or something! Mumbling on 'why did I take this job again' she forces her already battered mech to fly.

"You'll regret that...!"
    She says, accelerating her gale rider to its maximum speed, ignoring the rattling of steel around her. Though what she actuall meant is "I'll regret this..." knowing that one lucky hit from any of the enemy will send her toward the ground this time.

Putting her spinning drill in front of her mech, Alexia grits her teeth as she starts to chant.

“No lance have I, in joust or fight, To splinter in my lady's sight; But, at her feet, how blest were I For any need of hers to die!”
    she starts to quote an ancient writer out of her mind.

"HAVE AT THEE!"
    She yells as she charges toward the surviving enemy plane with her drill like the old knights of yore which she always read.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 at maneuvering check for my mech's problems

Taking 10 to outmaneuver the ship for damage

and all-out attack for more +5

charging the plane for another +2

plus, using power attack for +5 damage

1d20+7=19
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-04-30 at 11:44 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

For a split second, Alexia can see the cruel face of Commodore Cayetano on the bridge, now frozen in terror and shock of realization that he lost. And just a moment later, she drills right through the Jaguar's thick armor and emerges on the other side, making a large hole in the plane's hull. Shaking violently from exploding machinery, the Ataraguan vessel falls down.

"Damn, that's enough! We're out of here!" Two AGRAs start to retreat.
    "Come back here, cowards! Come back and fight!" Sandro Jones doesn't take that well.
    "Screw you, old man! I'm not dying h..."
    "You're not going anywhere." The white knight interrupts the conversation by charging after the escaping Gale Riders. With two quick slashes of his sword, he turns them into two explosions in the sky.

"I... I..." The last remaining AGRA (engaged in melee with Mari) floats unsurely, mimicking its pilot's panic at the whole situation. Finally, it throws its knife away.
    "I surrender! Don't kill me!"

"I'm surrounded by cowardly dogs and traitors! Die, for the glory of Ataragua!" Sandro Jones shoots a cluster of small missiles, aiming at Erich and Yasmin. The former manages to dodge, but a few of them hit the latter.
    (Yasmin: Attack roll 14, Toughness save DC 29.)

"Do you want help with that guy? Or is our job's done here?", asks one of the pilots of the allied Perseuses.

Battle situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sandro's AGRB

Alexia

Erich

Yasmin

White Hercules (ally)

2*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

1*Perseus (ally, minion)

Kamome
    Sabata

Mari Pryce
    1*AGRA (minion, surrendered)

Jacobin

the Roc

Everyone can move now. Only Sandro Jones remains from enemies.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-04-30 at 12:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591

"HA! HaHA!" Alexia says as she hovers her gale rider in place with drill still spinning. It's clear that she's imagining herself surveying her fallen enemy above a massive steed with a big lance beside her. "FREEEEDOM!" She didn't thought that she'd survive that.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Banned

Toughness: (1d20+18)[22]
    Outmaneuver: (1d20+18)[21]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[15]

Though she had managed to stabilize her gale rider, Yasmin hadn't quite gotten it up to speed, so when Sandro shot at her she didn't quite manage to dodge. And rolling with the blow wasn't quite enough to allow her to take it on one of the larger firmer plates, instead knocking the mech aside and sending it spinning focusing Yasmin's attention on properly stabilizing it and getting it out of the spin.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2010-04-30 at 10:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few hair-raising seconds, the screens inside Mari's Ulysses blinked to life again, and she managed to pull out of her dive. She immediately spun around and pointed her machine gun at the ARGA that had scored the hit, only to see it surrender.

For a moment, she contemplates shooting him anyway. But only for a moment, honest. "Tch. Get lost, smartass." Instead, she switched back to the rifle and set her sights on Jones's AGRB. If this didn't work, she'd probably be the fanatic's new target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack, attack, attack! (1d20+10)[21]

Outmaneuvering Jones for +2 to Defense.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

"What the..." Sandro Jones turns around, noticing Mari's shot. But it's too late to react! The bullet pierces right through the black AGRB's chest, pushing it backwards and throwing it off-balance.
    (1 damage+stun)

"That white Gale Rider's pilot... We will need to talk when we're done. You do not go after retreating enemies - if he really is a knight, he should be aware of that.", says Captain Jacobin, on a private channel to the rest of his crew. "Yasmin, do you want to finish Jones off on your own? Or is it alright if we step in?"
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-05-01 at 11:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Banned

Outmaneuver (+attack): (1d20+16)[19]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[22]

"Hey, i said i'd deal with him!" Though Yasmin's tone is mostly playful as she say it, there is an undercurrent of anger in it, but it doesn't sound like it is directed at Mari. "I'll take him, boss. Get back to the ship everyone, it'll just be a bit." Finally finishing the recovery of control of her gale rider, she headed straight for Sandro.

"Just you and me now. And you won't get that lucky again." No playfulness this time, nor the rage from before. Yasmin actually sounds serious this time. Brandishing her chainsword, she tried slipping under the wings of the Ataraguan mech to slash at its side.

(Going for full Withstand Damage here, hopefully it will be enough to see me through this)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2010-05-01 at 11:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, you heard the lady. Let her handle the AGRB." Captain Jacobin sounds more relaxed now that this is all over. Or almost over.

"Hey, what are we supposed to do with this guy?" The Perseuses surround the surrendered AGRA.

"This is not over yet!" Sandro Jones regains control over his own machine, draws his chainsword and soars towards Yasmin on a colliding course. Both Gale Riders attack... But while Sandro's blow hits only air, Yasmin strikes at the side of the AGRB's torso, and, as the chainsword rips deeper and deeper into its mechanical body, it gets cleaved in two!
    "You... you might have defeated me, but this is not over! Glory to Ata-!" Sandro Jones gets interrupted by both parts of his machine exploding violently.

You've won. All enemies are down or surrendered, and only allied mecha are floating in the air. Speaking of which, the pilot of the white Hercules speaks again.
    "The invaders are destroyed. Time for phase two."
    Suddenly, he points his chaingun at Kamome's unit, its barrels already starting to spin! The gun roars and sends empty shells flying everywhere as it fills the air between the white Hercules and its target with a barrage of deadly projectiles!
    (Critical hit, autofire - Attack roll 33, Toughness save DC 39.)

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Sabata

The old man held his unit in place as the battle came to a halt around them. His mech was heavily damaged, but they had won. Everyone was safe. Somehow, they had gotten through the dark night to see the light of dawn. He was rattled, and he was sure everyone else was as well. It was tempting to relax, to begin to rest after such an ordeal.

But the old man hadn't gotten this far in life, especially a life at war, by acting like that. He was still ready as the, balancing the controls as he stayed in position near Kamome. He was ready when the night proved that the dawn had not yet risen. He was ready when treachery reared its ugly head.

There was no fear. There was no doubt. There was not the slightest bit of hesitation, reflex, mind, will, being, heart and soul immediately rising to the call. Black smoke poured from the chassis as Sabata spurred his mech onward, the heat spiking in the cockpit, shattered heat sinks unable to keep the engine's flames in check. He collided with Kamome's unit, knocking her aside, sending the her mech spinning; sending her out of harm's way, and putting himself in the line of fire.

Weakened steel gave way with a shrieking scream as round after round punched into every part of Sabata's machine. Displays shattered in the cockpit; red covered the walls. Sabata was thrown back against the chair's safety harness, barely able to stay conscious as parts of him were torn away.

A massive explosion form the center of the mech gutted it, and the engines finally gave out. The ruined machine fell from the sky as the white villain finally stopped firing, well after what would have finished off Sabata's damaged machine.

Inside the cockpit, the old man felt the heat as the remains of his machine burned around him, felt the pain of his wounds. What was left of his computer systems blared alarms at him, including a failure of the escape pod system.

But on one, cracked display, amidst the ruin around him, he saw Kamome's mech still safely in the sky. A smile faintly came to bloody lips. "I have... n-no regrets."

He closed his eyes. "I... I c-can hear gulls. And the wind... it is blowing...."

In the darkness behind his eyes, he saw a flash of light...

Sabata's mech blew apart when it struck the water, secondary detonations going off in rapid succession. A huge plume of water was tossed up by the explosion, the surface of the toxic sea briefly sent into turmoil before once more returning to a placid grace.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending a Hero Point to gain Interpose. Since I'm already Disabled, and can't make the save even if I perfect it...

28. - Top - End - #598
    Banned

Sylvia is at a loss of words. No, more than that - she's utterly shocked. And the only reason she keeps it together is because she has to keep an eye out on someone, who is in a much more vulnerable position at the moment.

So she looks at the prince and observes his reaction. Other than that, she can only hope that there are no tears visible in her eyes.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Kamome

Kamome's heart was breaking.
    Her stomach was full of ice.
    Nothing.
    Nothing could ever describe the horror and terror one feels when one's heart is ripped out before them.
    Kamome could only watch in shocked silence as Mr. Sabata's gale rider fell towards the ground.

It was a lazy fall, like a feather floating peacefully to rest.

But it wasn't.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

It couldn't be like this.
    It's a lie. A terrible lie.

But it wasn't a lie. And Kamome knew it as her arms started to shake. Her arms were shaking because her whole body was. She barely see the monitor because her eyes were blurry. Her cheeks were wet, because she was pleading desperately.

Please don't go.
    Please fly.

Mr. Sabata's gale rider hit the water and disappeared in fire and mist.

And Kamome screamed until her throat was raw, tears streaming down her face.

...Because Mr. Sabata, who always had been kind to her; who had always comforted her and cheered for her; who had always clapped for her when she played the violin; and who had told her it would be okay no matter what happened, had just sacrificed himself for her.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

The skies become quiet. Nobody among the defenders of Long Port, nor anyone aboard the Roc, is saying anything - everyone is too shocked by what just happened. Nobody except for the prince.

"Oh no..." Tears start to gather in his large, trembling eyes. "Why, why did this happen...?" He suddenly dashes towards the microphone, and yells into it with despair. "Sir Gustav! Why did you do that?! Why did you kill Mr. Sabata?!"

"When two of your enemies are fighting, you help the weaker one defeat the stronger." The white Hercules replaces the empty ammo chain for his gun with a fresh, full one. "And then you finish the weaker one off."

"No...! No, they are not enemies!" The boy doesn't even try to fight off tears. "They are my friends! Why did you kill my friend?!"

There is no response.

(Everyone receives 1 Hero Point. Those who knew Sabata [which means the crew of the Roc] receive 1 more Hero Point. Only Yasmin performed an action in this round, everyone else can move now.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-05-01 at 06:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show