Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
Yes. A 2+ or 3+ cover save. You're only paying 160pts to get it. You're still Scouts. The only reason this is even remotely plausible is because it's unlikely that Tau will assault you.

They're also not very good at it. Even with T5, they're still scouts. Though, if you want to tailor for Tau, they're, again, plausible.

I'm aware of that, and there's not much I can do about it. Unfortunately, Scouts can't be competitive all by themselves. (And if you liked where your list was, well, there wasn't really much I could do from the start, was there?)

And Frag Missiles are better.
Well, seeing as I am fighting Tau, I kind of want to tailor for Tau, yea.

Anyway, seeing as he is expecting me to go assault-heavy, I figured it'd be a good (and fun!) idea to do what he least expects: Have half my army stay back and shoot little holes in him. Luckily, Scouts with great cover saves don't care about Strength or AP - they care about things that ignore cover saves, which he won't be bringing, seeing as he is expecting something to come to him.

The MotF was the only HQ option worth considering for this job - everything else needs to be at least within 24" and LoS to be effective (maybe besides the Chapter Master, but I'm trying to keep within reason). The MotF provides +1 cover, at least.